Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #1816
dansdad
DIS Veteran

So glad all is looking up!

Welcome to the world Tripp Emerson!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #1817
Mrs. Buzz Lightyear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown
Thank you all for the prayers for our nephew, niece and their new baby. Things are definitely looking up. The baby had a fever of 102 when he was born but, by the time he made it to NICU, he no longer had fever. Late yesterday evening, after confirming that she had no fever, the mother was able to finally hold her sweet baby. As a precautionary measure, they have run quite a few tests on both mother and baby to see what caused the high temperature. No results yet so I would ask for continued prayers that everything comes back negative.

Meet the newest addition to our family: Tripp Emerson
Love the middle name. My little princess is named Emerson:-) great name!!!!!!

Many Happy Visits Since 1987

Next Visit: Fall 2015

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #1818
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

That's The Skip Method!

Quote:

LOL!!!!!!! Oh my word, too funny!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I caught up right at the right time.
After the first picture my first thought was Skip wears his like that too. But you are right, Skip didn't wear it quite like that last picture....well he hasn't yet, but he might if I show him the picture of John. He doesn't want to be one up'd.
Oh boy, this could be VERY entertaining!!! John versus Skip and the Backsack!

Quote:
Thank you all for the prayers for our nephew, niece and their new baby. Things are definitely looking up. The baby had a fever of 102 when he was born but, by the time he made it to NICU, he no longer had fever. Late yesterday evening, after confirming that she had no fever, the mother was able to finally hold her sweet baby. As a precautionary measure, they have run quite a few tests on both mother and baby to see what caused the high temperature. No results yet so I would ask for continued prayers that everything comes back negative.

Meet the newest addition to our family: Tripp Emerson

Quote:
Just got a text from my sister-in-law. Mama has been discharged to a courtesy room so that she can stay at the hospital and visit the baby. They were able to see and hold Tripp last night which made them feel much better. The baby isn't taking the bottle but the doctors said that he will eventually and they don't seem too worried about it at this point in time. It's looking more and more like they may all go home quicker than the "up to 14 days" they originally said.

Aw! Welcome handsome Tripp! He will be in my prayers, I'm happy to read the positive report so far!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 11-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #1819
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

OK so my first thought when I saw John with the backsack was that he was using it as a potty

I'm sorry to hear Jesse never found his watch. Maybe its underneath RnRC!

That's an adorable picture of Tripp. Just looking so content.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #1820
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear the baby is doing well and Mom got to hold him! Continued thoughts and prayers are headed their way! My friend just had premature twins, and is going through the same thing. They are doing well and the doctor thinks they can come home around Christmas! What a miracle that will be for my friend!

I just love that John can fall asleep anywhere. My friend Amanda is the same way. She can sleep just about anywhere, and we usually take blackmail photos for later lol.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #1821
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

So glad the baby is doing better.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #1822
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Awww! Its a baby! Not another butt shot!

Daylight seemed to come quickly, our behinds were dragging because the trip had been non-stop since we got back to the World. We had a park to see though so, after some poking and prodding, I had the boys roused and ready to head out to the bus stop. As had been the case thus far, the bus came quickly and we were off to:

I could wander around the Animal Kingdom all day long and so could Hunter but its not Johns favorite park. Hes just not into the park all that much. But, hes not into any type of animal park/zoo. I know! I know! The Animal Kingdom is NOT A ZOO but to John, it comes pretty darn close.

We were through the turnstiles and into the park fairly fast and, soon, we were gazing upon this beauty:

Lingering wasnt on the plans so we maneuvered our way towards Africa. We were to go on a two week safari and I was pretty sure that they wouldnt wait on us so we had to keep moving. Passing by Pizzafari along the way:

Africa:

Oh goodness! It looks like everybody else is going the same direction:

The stand by line sign said it was just 20 minutes which wasnt too bad:

The wait was all of the 20 minutes posted but it didnt seem like it. Here comes a truck:

Everybody loaded in and we were off!

I need to take a minute and apologize for the quality of the pictures. Our driver did not slow down and seemed rushed. We figured it was because the stand by line was starting to get longer and longer and they told the drivers to keep moving on. Im going to post some blurry pictures anyway just so you can get an idea of how many animals were out and about that morning.

I wish this fella (or lady) would have come out from behind the tree:

**Continued in next post

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 11-29-2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Awww! It’s a baby! Not another butt shot!
Old 11-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #1823
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

As we approached the elephant viewing area, the driver slowed down a bit and the pictures are better.

Keep your arms and hands in at all times. Some of those trees and bushes have big thorns on em.

Driving over a rickety bridge:

Aww! Look at the baby!

Not another butt shot! How many animal behinds do we have pictures of?

Hidden Mickey island:

Zoomed way in so we could get a shot of the lazy cheetah:

Approaching the lion rocks:

Would they actually be up and about? Pleeeze! Pleeeze! Pretty pleeeze with coffee on top:

Yes! I couldnt believe it:

The other pictures were really really blurry so I deleted them. There were three lioness and one male and they were all walking and bouncing around. In all of our trips to the Animal Kingdom, that was the first time we had ever seen them moving around.

More pictures:

Warthogs with babies:

Not another butt shot!

**Up Next: I wonder if theyll leave if I simply ignore them?

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 11-29-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #1824
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
So glad all is looking up!

Welcome to the world Tripp Emerson!
We are so happy that Mama and baby are doing better every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Buzz Lightyear View Post
Love the middle name. My little princess is named Emerson:-) great name!!!!!!
I think that Emerson was the last name of one of the mother's grandparents. Emerson is definitely a great name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
That's The Skip Method!

I remember Skip wearing it just like that.

LOL!!!!!!! Oh my word, too funny!!!!!!!

I was laughing so hard that every one of the pictures came out blurry.

Oh boy, this could be VERY entertaining!!! John versus Skip and the Backsack!

Now all Jen's gotta do is talk Skip into going back. Maybe the challenge will make him want to go.

Aw! Welcome handsome Tripp! He will be in my prayers, I'm happy to read the positive report so far!!!
Isn't he a doll! The prayers are appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
OK so my first thought when I saw John with the backsack was that he was using it as a potty

I'm sorry to hear Jesse never found his watch. Maybe its underneath RnRC!

That's an adorable picture of Tripp. Just looking so content.
Oh My! I hadn't thought of it that way!

Tripp looks like he was very happy to finally be in his mother's arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Glad to hear the baby is doing well and Mom got to hold him! Continued thoughts and prayers are headed their way! My friend just had premature twins, and is going through the same thing. They are doing well and the doctor thinks they can come home around Christmas! What a miracle that will be for my friend!

I just love that John can fall asleep anywhere. My friend Amanda is the same way. She can sleep just about anywhere, and we usually take blackmail photos for later lol.
I'll pray that your friends' twins continue to do well and go home by Christmas time.

John can fall asleep anywhere and everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
So glad the baby is doing better.
Thank you!

Old 11-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #1825
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
That's great that the hospital is working with them and letting her stay. I'm sure Tripp (who is absolutely adorable, btw) will be just fine. I'm praying that he'll be home in no time.

When my first was born the doctor wrote something up that let me stay in my room for a week while dd was being monitored for breathing problems resulting from a broken nose during birth. (She came out looking like a prize fighter.) That was way back in 1978. It was a blessing he did that for me. It helped that he was head of obstetrics at that hospital. What Dr. McGovern wanted, Dr. McGovern got, no questions asked.
It ended up that they didn't have a courtesy room and they were told they would try and get them a room at the Ronald McDonald house. My brother-in-law lives about 30 minutes away and they stayed with them. (We offered for them to stay with us since the hospital is just 15 minutes away but they felt more comfortable staying with parents.)

Oh my! A broken nose? Yay for your doctor being head of obstetrics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
No problem there! I was designated as the family pack mule a long time ago and nobody else seems interested in taking over the job!

Thanks for sharing the news and beautiful picture of Tripp. I hope everyone continues to recover quickly and they are all home where they belong!
I am usually the pack mule as well.

It looks like Tripp is doing well. Just have to wait for the test results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
loved the updates as always!!! Did you hear any slow, deep breaths coming from the "one who was just resting his eyes"?

Prayers and good thoughts for your new little nephew. I know when we have infants born with fevers, they are usually started on a 7 day course of antibiotics after having a blood count and blood cultures done. Hoping all goes well and that nothing serious is wrong.
Oh yeah, there were deep breaths. He can fall asleep in the blink of an eye.

I think that's the route they want to take with Tripp. I haven't heard from anyone today but will text them again this afternoon and see what's going on.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #1826
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I wonder if they’ll leave if I simply ignore them?

After our two week safari which, by the way, seemed more like 20 minutes or so, we decided to do a bit of exploring on the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. We made a pit stop first and Hunter modeled this hat for me. Kathy, does this remind you of anyone you know?

The sign at the start of the trail:

Just look at all the different color fish! Aren’t they beautiful? Did you know that you can spit in the water and the fish will come swimming up to it? Not that I’d ever do that since spitting is not very lady like and it’s probably against the Disney rules.

There were bird nests hanging from the trees and the birds entered them from the bottom. It was so neat to watch the bright yellow birds building their nests and then go into the small little holes.

We continued along the path until we came upon the gorilla area of the trail! I was so hoping that Lily would be out and about and she was:

There were two rather big gorillas sleeping over in the corner:

Wonderful! Another butt shot!

**Continued in next post

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 11-29-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #1827
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

We moved along so that others could see the sleepy heads, Lily and her mother. As we turned the corner, we could see that more gorillas were out that morning.

Look at this big guy! He was amazing to look at.

He looked to be giving us the evil eye and saying “what are you looking at?”

Another gorilla was spotted and we watched it for a while. Look at the pictures closely, it seems like he is saying “I wonder if they’ll leave if I simply ignore them.” There was no way that I was leaving. Watching the gorillas is fascinating to me.

Yet another gorilla sitting amongst the landscaping:

The rest of the family was ready to move on especially since it had begun to rain a little. Had I been alone, I would have stayed there for as long as I possibly could.

A couple of pictures of the flowers growing along the pathway:

**Up next: Who knew a leotard could look so good on a man?

Old 11-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #1828
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa,
Oh my goodness...I am sooo far behind...I just read the last few pages...sorry to hear about Tripp's fever after birth...but sounds like he is doing better...that's fantastic...he's soo cute

The gorillas are so neat to watch....I enjoy watching them, but my husband really could watch them ALL day.

John is way to funny with that backsak...lol!!!

11/1998 - Disneymoon - Grand Floridian
12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 11-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #1829
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Hi Lisa,
Oh my goodness...I am sooo far behind...I just read the last few pages...sorry to hear about Tripp's fever after birth...but sounds like he is doing better...that's fantastic...he's soo cute

The gorillas are so neat to watch....I enjoy watching them, but my husband really could watch them ALL day.

John is way to funny with that backsak...lol!!!
Good to "see" you! Isn't Tripp a cutie pie?

I could stand and watch the gorillas for hours. They are so magnificent to me.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #1830
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Hi Lisa! So glad the baby is doing better! He is adorable!! Love the name, Tripp too!!

Great updates! I'm with John, not a big fan of Animal Kingdom. The only things I like about that park are Expedition Everest & (like you) the gorillas!! I could watch them all day!! I know Animal Kingdom isn't a zoo, but it does remind me of one. And I live about 10-15 minutes from the Philadelphia Zoo that we visit often. So if I had to choose one park NOT to do it would be this one!

Can't wait for the next update! Pretty soon you will be starting a pre-trip report!!! I still haven't booked our trip yet! I don't know where to stay!!! I so would love to stay at CBR but just not sure if I want to spend the extra money! But having to choose a value is very hard! Hoping to decide over the next few days so I can get this trip officially in the books!!!

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: