Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #1771
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Welcome back, its good to hear you didn't have any problems!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #1772
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Are you kidding me? You've got to see Fantasmic!
I know!! I can't believe after all of these trips I still haven't seen it!!

Quote:
I hope that we run into each other in Tennessee! I never did say thanks for the driving directions p.m. I think that we may take the Nashville/Memphis/Little Rock way back. It says that it adds a little over an hour but the direct route traffic took an extra 7+ hours last year.
So did you guys choose to go this way? Keith and I discussed going an alternative route and we just may one day. We sat still a while in Chattanooga due to a 7 car pile up and no way to turn around!

Quote:

TinksThree, we looked for you guys in Gatlinburg on Saturday but it was so busy, I would have only seen your backside if you were ahead of us. The crowd in town was as bad, if not worse, than the Disney crowds.

Welcome home and glad your trip was great!!! Keith and I remarked how it isn't as crowded and crazy on our trips to Disney! Those crowds were crazy busy!!! We wound up leaving Saturday after making alternative plans...plus I had to get clothes washed to get back on the road! I did look for you guys just in case you popped in and around where we were during those days.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #1773
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Welcome glad! Road trips without traffic are so much more enjoyable!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #1774
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a good safe trip and no major backups! It is worth all the driving to spend time with your kids. Looking forward to the updates.

First trip to DW June 1977, Dutch Inn with DH, DS8, DS6, DD4
July 1996, ASMovies; April 2002, ASMusic; June 2005, Coronado Springs;
May 5-12, 2007, Pop Century; May 30-June 6, 2010, Marriott Grande Vista;
First trip to DL Oct. 9-15, 2011 Anaheim Marriott

May 2007 Pre-trip and trip report: NO COMMANDO?? . . . .ARGHH! Can I do this?
Old 11-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #1775
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I only have a minute. Our nephew and his wife had their baby boy yesterday at 4:43 p.m. Before they could even hold him, they whisked him off to the NICU because he has a fever and they aren't sure why. Please pray for this young couple as they go through this trying time.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 11-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #1776
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
I only have a minute. Our nephew and his wife had their baby boy yesterday at 4:43 p.m. Before they could even hold him, they whisked him off to the NICU because he has a fever and they aren't sure why. Please pray for this young couple as they go through this trying time.
Prayers for them, and even more for their new son. I hope they find the cause soon and can get him well quickly!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #1777
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Prayers!!!!

I am, finally caught up. Wow...that was a lot of pages.

You guys have such a good time.
We rode Star Tours 3 or 4 times this trip. Claire was obsessed with it. And the theme this trip is if you like it you ride it over and over.

We missed so many things in DHS....still even with extra time to play this trip.
WE still have not made it to fantasmic, but I think we are at the piont where Claire would like it, so if we ever get to Disney again beore she's an adult, it's on my list.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #1778
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Prayers!!!!

I am, finally caught up. Wow...that was a lot of pages.

You guys have such a good time.
We rode Star Tours 3 or 4 times this trip. Claire was obsessed with it. And the theme this trip is if you like it you ride it over and over.

We missed so many things in DHS....still even with extra time to play this trip.
WE still have not made it to fantasmic, but I think we are at the piont where Claire would like it, so if we ever get to Disney again beore she's an adult, it's on my list.
Thank you for the prayers! They are much appreciated.

I see absolutely no reason why you [I]shouldn't[I] ride a favorite attraction over and over and over again especially when it's a really good attraction.

Girl, you know good and well that you'll be back in Disney before Claire gets to be an adult. You have the Disney fever and so does she.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Prayers for them, and even more for their new son. I hope they find the cause soon and can get him well quickly!
Thank You! The baby no longer has a fever but the mother does and they still don't know why.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 11-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #1779
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittypatBR View Post
Glad you had a good safe trip and no major backups! It is worth all the driving to spend time with your kids. Looking forward to the updates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Welcome glad! Road trips without traffic are so much more enjoyable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Welcome back, its good to hear you didn't have any problems!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
So glad you didn't get into any traffic snarl-ups this time! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Thanks ya'll! The trip was a semi-fast one but it was so good to see Lacey and Jesse and his famiy. I'm going to try and upload pictures to photobucket later this week. Gotta get billing done first.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #1780
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I've got some catchin' up to do!

What a fun post

When I read the title about licking her face, knowing you were going to the Sci Fi, it was obvious to me that someone was licking hot fudge from someone's face. Boy, was I wrong!

The Sci Fi is a must-do for my family. The first time we went we were late, or early or they couldn't find our reservation. Can't remember which. But they sat us at a table, not in a car. The last two times we have been, we actually requested the table.

I like all of those pictures you took of the windows in the Streets of America. We never slow down long enough to capture the details like that.
You should have known that my family couldn't do something like simply licking chocolate from someone's face.

We once sat at a table at the Sci-Fi and I liked it just as well as when we were seated in the cars because it was easier for us to talk to each other during the meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Just read your last two updates

Never a dull moment with you guys! I love that you met up with Michelle and her lovely family. They seem like a lot of fun too!

for our hometown boys Aerosmith and RNR. They are one of the few bands that my son and I can listen to together without complaining.

Your pictures at Fantasmic really came out good!!! Really nice closeups on some of them and I agree about the B&W Steamboat Willie. Awesome shot!

Lisa, I hope you and your family have safe (and swift) travels and a blessed Thanksgiving with Lacey and Jesse. Hope you get a little early reprieve from work!
Hunter gets tickled every time he finds me listening to Aerosmith or Lynard Skynard, Kid Rock or Motley Crew. He thinks it's so odd that I went to see those guys in concert and listened to them in my younger years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittypatBR View Post
Have a safe trip to and from Tennessee, and a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am glad you will all get to be together. Before you start out for home this time, get on someone's computer or smart phone and check out the road conditions. Hope your trip BOTH ways is fast and painless!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great Fantasmic pics!! Aww...we love that show!

Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
Just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving and safe travels.
Thank you all for the safe travel wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I didn't realize you'd switched resorts. But I must say I'm not surprised...we know what we love.

Happy Thanksgiving to the McBride Family.

Thank you Kathy! I think that John and I may have been the only ones who wanted to change resorts. I think that everybody else secretly wanted to stay at the CBR but didn't want to say it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND HAVE A GREAT TRIP!
Thank you!

Old 11-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #1781
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
WHEW...... Just. Caught. Up. On. 10. Pages..... let me catch my breath!

That it was all in DHS was great! Lets see, Lights, Camera, Action was the one show we missed. It was that or BATB, and Kadence won.

I think the Muppets is one of my favorite queues. There is so much to see. Plus who doesn't love a great hammer throw from Miss Piggy!

ToT...nope, never again. Unless I get dragged on. Screaming my fool head off.
RNR too.

I love your family pictures of fun. Wet Willies are a sign of affection around here!

Yum for Sci Fi!

I bet the rain helped keep some of the crowds away, I know it help us on a MK day that turned into a great day!

You got GREAT pictures of Fantasmic! We skipped this time, but it's on for next year for sure!

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the family, and a a safe and quick drive home!

ps, watch your mailbox
I absolutely loved the video of Kadence when ya'll surprised her with the trip! Holy crap! Holy crap!

You know that if you skip any Disney attraction, that means you must see it next trip.

Ooooh, I'll be watching the mailbox closely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Oh goodness… I caught up and then was on vacation… and it's just been a lot!!

Hope you had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!

And I KNEW you would end up back at CBR! Thought of you on our trip SEVERAL times! It was like you were there with me! HAHA… our ME bus dropped off at CBR first and then I made a meal choice after remembering a meal from your trip!
Have you started your trip report yet? I forgot to look in your signature to see if there was a link there. I want to hear all the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Hope you had a wonderful visit with the kids! And that the drive was safe and uneventful.

Had to laugh when I saw you had switched back!It is a very pretty resort, so I can understand why you find it hard to stay somewhere else.
I thought of you when we drove through Chattanooga. TinksThree said that traffic was at a standstill there.

I would have loved to try a different resort but now that we've changed back, everybody has said that they really wanted to stay at the CBR again. Sure wish they would have told me that a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I sent you a message on Facebook since I'm better there than keeping up here!

Also, I had meant to ask you about your ticker too! Can't go wrong with your "home" of CBR!! The other Mods aren't going anywhere, maybe next time!
I forgot to weight the videos last night. We were trying to keep updated on our new baby situation and it slipped my mind.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #1782
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
I know!! I can't believe after all of these trips I still haven't seen it!!

Simple solution? Add it to the "next trip" list.

So did you guys choose to go this way? Keith and I discussed going an alternative route and we just may one day. We sat still a while in Chattanooga due to a 7 car pile up and no way to turn around!

We ended up going back the way we came. But, we left a lot earlier than we normally do to. We got up at 4:30 a.m. on Sunday and were on the road at 5:15 a.m. We decided to play it by ear and if we ran into traffic once we got to Knoxville, we were taking the alternate route. Thankfully, the traffic wasn't bad at all.

Welcome home and glad your trip was great!!! Keith and I remarked how it isn't as crowded and crazy on our trips to Disney! Those crowds were crazy busy!!! We wound up leaving Saturday after making alternative plans...plus I had to get clothes washed to get back on the road! I did look for you guys just in case you popped in and around where we were during those days.

I think that Gatlinburg was busier this year than it was last year. There were people everywhere!
Replies in red.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #1783
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Prayers for the new baby and her momma! I hope everything's okay. Maybe they should check her gall bladder. Seems to be a common problem with new moms lately.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #1784
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Prayers for the new baby and her momma! I hope everything's okay. Maybe they should check her gall bladder. Seems to be a common problem with new moms lately.
Thank you! I'll pass along the tip.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #1785
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

That’s a backsack not a jock strap!

That’s a backsack not a jock strap!

Instead of leaving with the thousands of other guests who were streaming out of the theater, we hung back and people watched. R2 must have been thirsty because I caught him taking a sip of our drink:

The rest of us were talking about the day and what was on the agenda for the following day. John? Well he was resting his eyes:

Big shocker! I know!

After twenty minutes or so, enough people were out of the stadium that we decided to head on out. Because we knew that the bus lines would probably be long, we made a pit stop at the bathroom first. John was in charge of watching the backsack while the women went in. When I came out, he was wearing it like this:

which made me laugh because Jen’s husband, Skip, wore their backsack all sorts of ways while on their vacation at Universal and Disney. I told John what I was laughing about and he decided to see just how many ways he could wear the backsack.

This one is super blurry because I was laughing so hard. That’s a backsack not a jock strap!

Jen, I think that John has a leg up on Skip on a “different” way to sport a backsack.

We laughed so hard that we actually had people looking at us. Wait, they probably weren’t looking at us because we were laughing, they were probably looking because John had a backsack on his “hoo haa”.

After we settled down a bit, we started our walk back out of the park with me taking pictures here and there:

A castmember was “drawing” Mickey on the pathway which we thought was neat. I asked him how many characters he could draw and he said most of the main characters but Mickey and Goofy were his favorites.

Jesse had lost his watch at some point in time during the day so we stopped by Lost and Found to see if anyone had turned it in.

While we were waiting on the castmember to check and see, I found this park map written in Braille:

The castmember returned to tell us that no one had turned in the watch but that we could check back with Lost and Found later on and see if it had been found. We thanked her and walked out of the park. It had been a great Muppet watchin’, face lickin’, Dis Meetin’ day!

**Up next: Awww! It’s a baby! Not another butt shot!

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: