Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #1756
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I haven't seen Fantasmic since 2008. I think maybe its time.

Yeah for RnR! Love that ride and the pre show is fun!

Love the group foot shot.

Oh and Hunter showing off his big old calf muscle! Too funny.

Your first picture in this update is soooooo pretty! Very nice!
Good gosh! You haven't seen Fantasmic in four years? It's time, Mary Ellen, it's time.

Hunter was certainly trying to impress the ladies with his muscular legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
I got caught up today and tonight with your last couple of updates, you really got some great pics of Fantasmic! I gave up on getting good pics of it until I get a better camera, I just sit back and enjoy. I think I might have taken one or 2 last time.
A whole lot of my Fantasmic pictures came out looking like . I was just snapping away and watching at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Would you believe that we've managed to miss Fantasmic on every single trip? None of us has seen it! We've got to change that.

Love all of the family photos. It struck me how very happy Lacey looks.
All the more reason to get back to Disney!

Lacey and Jesse are really really happy and it makes me smile to see them that way. I love those two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
LOVE all your pictures!!! Y'all are all a hot mess.............. I am so glad that y'all were able to take Jesse and Lacey, AND get Jesse infected with the Disney bug!!!! Poor man; he didn't have a chance and I'm sure he wasn't aware that there isn't a cure......... .
Dana's in the House! Well, she was in the house and it takes me forever to respond. Oops!

Of course Jesse didn't stand a chance of not catching the Disney bug. It's one of the things that's mandatory when you marry into the McBride family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I only like Fantasmic if I don't have to wait for it. Glad you got great seats!
Our seats were very good considering we didn't get there super early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I am over Hunter trying to impress Michelle's girls.

We missed Fantasmic again this trip.

Therefore I really enjoyed seeing your pictures....you got some great ones.
He was trying to be Mr. Smooth!

Just think, you can work Fantasmic into the December plans which is coming up very very quickly, I might add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
LOL at Hunter showing off his calf muscles!!

We haven't seen F! in FOREVER, I think it's high time we made the 18 mile long trek to the show!
Hunter was doing his best to impress!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 11-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #1757
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Love your family pictures! I love reading about how much silly fun your family has together.

Yay for RnRC and a DISmeet! Sorry about the hat hair, but it happens to the best of us.
I was sporting some MAJOR hat hair that day! I should have taken a picture anyway since it couldn't have been any worse than my Hannibal Lector picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
You are going to Tennessee!!! How exciting...I know you must be to see Lacey and Jesse again! I have been trying to think of other routes as well in case we go. Last night I got three hotels to book last minute. I hate waiting last minute...as in two days prior! But once we know about Chris' schedule I can plan...or not.

My new job position just keeps me behind on these TRs so much! I was way, way back at lunch at ABC Commisory! We haven't been to Lights Motors Action in a while. Once we saw it a few times it was the same old thing and now it may be going away! However I think the Carsland additions could be great!

Yay for rides on ToT and RnR!!!! I love both of those rides soooo much!!! Licking of the face = HILARIOUS!!!!! Reminded me of something Keith would do! And we enjoy Sci-Fi so much! Keith always requests. You are right about the food not being awesome but it is good and the atmosphere more than makes up for it!! Ok...I think I am caught up now so I can get behind again!!
I hope that we run into each other in Tennessee! I never did say thanks for the driving directions p.m. I think that we may take the Nashville/Memphis/Little Rock way back. It says that it adds a little over an hour but the direct route traffic took an extra 7+ hours last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
You got some really good Fantasmic! shots. I really love black and white Mickey

I liked Fantasmic!, but it's not going to be a every trip thing for me. I plan on skipping it this trip, unless something changes. It is very nicely done and I enjoy it, I just don't feel I need to see it every trip. I feel the same way about Illuminations, which I will do this trip since I skipped it in February, and I get priority viewing with the CP package anyway.
Thanks! I like that picture as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Love the pictures with the family. My family isn't much on pictures and usually at Disney it's just DH and me, so we get maybe one or two pictures. He usually has the camera, so there's more pictures of me than him. And there are more than a goodly amount of hat hair pictures.

We usually skip Fatasmic, but went this year and recorded the whole thing. It's a once-in-a-while show, usually when we have newbies.
John's getting better with the camera since the dawn of digital cameras. Back in the film days, I'd get the film developed and most pictures of me had my head cut off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotIsMyFave View Post
So I haven't commented on this TR yet (at least I don't think I have) but your Fantasmic photos pulled me from lurkdom! I haven't seen F! since 2004 so I think we are due this next trip! My kiddos have never seen it but your pictures have renewed my excitement for it! I forgot what an awesome show it was!

I love following your TR's, and really appreciate the honest thoughts you have about the cruise and your family is just precious, I feel like I know you. Thanks for sharing!

Sara
Welcome Sara! I'm glad to have you here!

Oh you definitely need to go to Fantasmic so the kids can see it. All of us love it!

Thanks so much for the compliment on the family! We love to travel together and be together especially at Disney.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #1758
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I've got some catchin' up to do!

What a fun post

When I read the title about licking her face, knowing you were going to the Sci Fi, it was obvious to me that someone was licking hot fudge from someone's face. Boy, was I wrong!

The Sci Fi is a must-do for my family. The first time we went we were late, or early or they couldn't find our reservation. Can't remember which. But they sat us at a table, not in a car. The last two times we have been, we actually requested the table.

I like all of those pictures you took of the windows in the Streets of America. We never slow down long enough to capture the details like that.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #1759
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Just read your last two updates

Never a dull moment with you guys! I love that you met up with Michelle and her lovely family. They seem like a lot of fun too!

for our hometown boys Aerosmith and RNR. They are one of the few bands that my son and I can listen to together without complaining.

Your pictures at Fantasmic really came out good!!! Really nice closeups on some of them and I agree about the B&W Steamboat Willie. Awesome shot!

Lisa, I hope you and your family have safe (and swift) travels and a blessed Thanksgiving with Lacey and Jesse. Hope you get a little early reprieve from work!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #1760
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

Have a safe trip to and from Tennessee, and a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am glad you will all get to be together. Before you start out for home this time, get on someone's computer or smart phone and check out the road conditions. Hope your trip BOTH ways is fast and painless!

First trip to DW June 1977, Dutch Inn with DH, DS8, DS6, DD4
July 1996, ASMovies; April 2002, ASMusic; June 2005, Coronado Springs;
May 5-12, 2007, Pop Century; May 30-June 6, 2010, Marriott Grande Vista;
First trip to DL Oct. 9-15, 2011 Anaheim Marriott

May 2007 Pre-trip and trip report: NO COMMANDO?? . . . .ARGHH! Can I do this?
Old 11-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #1761
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great Fantasmic pics!! Aww...we love that show!

Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving!

Old 11-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #1762
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving and safe travels.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #1763
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I didn't realize you'd switched resorts. But I must say I'm not surprised...we know what we love.

Happy Thanksgiving to the McBride Family.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #1764
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND HAVE A GREAT TRIP!
Old 11-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #1765
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

WHEW...... Just. Caught. Up. On. 10. Pages..... let me catch my breath!

That it was all in DHS was great! Lets see, Lights, Camera, Action was the one show we missed. It was that or BATB, and Kadence won.

I think the Muppets is one of my favorite queues. There is so much to see. Plus who doesn't love a great hammer throw from Miss Piggy!

ToT...nope, never again. Unless I get dragged on. Screaming my fool head off.
RNR too.

I love your family pictures of fun. Wet Willies are a sign of affection around here!

Yum for Sci Fi!

I bet the rain helped keep some of the crowds away, I know it help us on a MK day that turned into a great day!

You got GREAT pictures of Fantasmic! We skipped this time, but it's on for next year for sure!

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the family, and a a safe and quick drive home!

ps, watch your mailbox
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 11-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #1766
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Oh goodness… I caught up and then was on vacation… and it's just been a lot!!

Hope you had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!

And I KNEW you would end up back at CBR! Thought of you on our trip SEVERAL times! It was like you were there with me! HAHA… our ME bus dropped off at CBR first and then I made a meal choice after remembering a meal from your trip!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 11-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #1767
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
As of right now, we're back at the CBR. There's a large convention booked at the CSR and I could tell that Mama was a bit worried about the CSR and a convention and it wasn't worth the worry so we switched back. After we made the switch, Lacey admitted that Jesse had wanted to stay at the CBR again so that he could explore the resort a bit more than he had the chance to on the previous trip. Guess we'll give another moderate a shot sometime in the future.

I'm more than ready to hit the road tomorrow. I've been dropping hints to the boss about how long of a drive it is so that he'll take pity on me and let me leave early.
Hope you had a wonderful visit with the kids! And that the drive was safe and uneventful.

Had to laugh when I saw you had switched back!It is a very pretty resort, so I can understand why you find it hard to stay somewhere else.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Old 11-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #1768
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Hello! I hope that you all had a great weekend and are gearing up for Thanksgiving and Christmas! It was a pretty busy weekend around the McBride household as always thus no update or replies on the trip report. I hope to remedy that this afternoon and tomorrow.

Do any of you still have VCRs? If you do and have young children, shoot me a p.m. I have quite a few VHS movies that I would like to get rid of but I can't find anybody who still has a VCR. All you'd have to do is pay for the shipping costs....the tapes will be free!
I sent you a message on Facebook since I'm better there than keeping up here!

Also, I had meant to ask you about your ticker too! Can't go wrong with your "home" of CBR!! The other Mods aren't going anywhere, maybe next time!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 11-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #1769
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hello friends! I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, ate lots of good food and had wonderful fellowship with friends and family.

We made it to Tennessee and back again all without any travel issues. We crossed through five States and drove 1,400 + miles in just 4 1/2 days time. Needless to say, I am tired but it was well worth it to see my two kiddos.

TinksThree, we looked for you guys in Gatlinburg on Saturday but it was so busy, I would have only seen your backside if you were ahead of us. The crowd in town was as bad, if not worse, than the Disney crowds.

I failed miserably at taking pictures this trip as it was more about spending time as a family. That's not to say that I don't have pictures to share and a story to tell. Wouldn't be a proper McBride trip without some sort of tale to tell.

Work today is pretty busy so I need to get some things off my desk. I
hope to get back here in the next day or so to catch up and post replies.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #1770
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

So glad you didn't get into any traffic snarl-ups this time! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: