Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #1726
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Loved all the pictures! Your family has so much fun.

You may want to think about getting one of these for your Mom:

Ultra Light Transport Chair

I recently bought one for my MIL. It was wonderful to have when she visited a few weeks ago. It's extremely light and folds up very tiny.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #1727
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Loved your update!! You guys always have so much fun together!! Cute pictures!!

Glad you enjoyed Sci-Fi!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #1728
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Fun times!
So sorry to hear your Mama may decide not to join you on your next trip. But I do understand how she may be feeling about it. My mom always use to say she never wanted to be a burden to her kids. (If she only knew, or could remember, all that is going on now with her dementia, she would be beside herself). I think we all want our kids to be happy and have a great time. Even if that means we don't go along sometimes.
And I know how living on a fixed income can be for the seniors.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Old 11-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #1729
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Fun times!
So sorry to hear your Mama may decide not to join you on your next trip. But I do understand how she may be feeling about it. My mom always use to say she never wanted to be a burden to her kids. (If she only knew, or could remember, all that is going on now with her dementia, she would be beside herself). I think we all want our kids to be happy and have a great time. Even if that means we don't go along sometimes.
And I know how living on a fixed income can be for the seniors.
My mother thinks that way. We don't consider her a burden whatsoever but if she feels like she is, then we won't push her on the issue.

Mama draws her Social Security and my daddy's State retirement but it's not a lot of money. She has no way to replinish whatever comes out of her savings so I understand her concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Loved your update!! You guys always have so much fun together!! Cute pictures!!

Glad you enjoyed Sci-Fi!!
I think that we're gonig with Mama Melrose's next trip simply because we've eaten at Sci-fi the last two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Loved all the pictures! Your family has so much fun.

You may want to think about getting one of these for your Mom:

Ultra Light Transport Chair

I recently bought one for my MIL. It was wonderful to have when she visited a few weeks ago. It's extremely light and folds up very tiny.
I will definitely be looking into some sort of wheelchair or scooter if Mama decides to go. My gut reaction is that she's going to back out of the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Fun update! Awfully nice of you to tolerate face licking! Too funny, that is something Jeff would do. I haven't been to sci fi in years, it was fine. Nothing earth shattering but definitely fun ambiance!

Loving the day off for the cost of a bottle of bleach.

You might want to see just how difficult it is to rent a scooter once you are there. I know my mom did it, about 2 days into a trip and others have as well. It could be a "present" if she comes. Maybe she wouldn't need to know it wasn't reserved yet, you could tell her it was but you are able to cancel it at any time. Or see what the cancellation policy is, I imagine peoples needs change all the times. I hope she can go but understand how sensitive the whole things is. I hope a great offer comes out and you can keep getting that room rate down1
I'd rather live with a guy who can act silly than a stuck in the mud. It's fun when we see our guys let loose like that.

I was more than happy to pick up a bottle of bleach in exchange for a day off work. I know that the boss REALLY wanted the day off for himself but knew that he couldn't get away with taking off if he didn't let me off too.

I have been trying my best to figure out an economical way for Mama to go on the trip. I'm writing down all of the tips that you all are sharing and will be looking into a possible scooter rental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
That's great you got an unexpected day off!

Sorry to hear mama might not be able to go to WDW, I'm sure you'll to whats best for her though.

Well it looks like you were all getting a little frisky at DHS! I'll let you in on a little secret. When I want to gross River out I'll lick his cheek!

I agree the food at Sci-Fi is not very good but we go every year because of the atmosphere.
That's so cute that you lick River's cheek to gross him out! Our families are kindred spirits!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 11-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #1730
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

I'd rather live with a guy who can act silly than a stuck in the mud. It's fun when we see our guys let loose like that.
Oh, my husband would embarrass the kids and I all the time with his silliness. Walking through the mall like a turkey. Putting on fake accents in restaurants. Most recently, we were in the grocery store when a song from our wedding started playing and he started singing it to me. Now, we've been married over 35 years, so that song was an oldie. One of the ladies in the lunchmeat area noticed and now whenever she sees us, she asks if he's sung to me recently in the canned goods aisle. My guy's not a PK, just a P.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #1731
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Why is it that I always look like death warmed over when I meet a Diser?

Why is it that I always look like death warmed over when I meet a Diser?

It was close to our Fastpass time so we left the Sci-Fi and started making our way to Rock N Rollercoaster. Love me some RNRC and Aerosmith!

Love in an elevator. Livin it up when Im goin down, Love in an elevator, Lovin it up til I hit the ground! Maybe I should have sung that Aerosmith song on the Tower of Terror. Who am I kidding? Theres no way Id have a chance to sing on the TOT because I was too busy screaming my head off.

How about I sing these Aerosmith lyrics: Take me back to south Tallahassee, Down cross the bridge to my sweet sassafrassy, Cant stand up on my feet in the city, Gotta get back to the real nitty gritty

Humming an Aerosmith tune in my head as we made our way over, we stopped every now and then so I could take pictures:

Were here! Were here! Lets go get our upside down topsy turvy corkscrew groove on baby!

Because we had Fastpasses, we were stopped just short of the pre-show room but we were soon in the room waiting on Aerosmith to give their Manager instructions to get us a stretch limo and a fast one because their concert was starting soon!

Limo ordered, we were hustled out to the garage to await our chariot:

Youve seen the pictures of me on this day. I had on a pink LSU ballcap which was color coordinated to the outfit that I was wearing that day. That ballcap and the poncho helped to keep my hair from getting wet in the downpour. But, wearing that ballcap all day also meant that I had hat hair. You know the hair Im talking about...smooshed down, flat as a flitter in some places and poking out at the bottom where the cap fits against your neck. Yeah, I had that kind of hat hair. Well, we all know that you cant wear a ballcap while on RNRC. I take off the cap and try to fluff my hair and, just a second later, I hear Lisa? It was a Dis friend, Michelle! The first thing I said was something like I look like death warmed over. Michelle just laughed and said that she had hat and rain hair too. We talked all the way to our limos.

Our limo ride was fast, furious and way too short! We all absolutely love this ride. I take that back, we, with the exception of Hunter, love this ride. He hates getting on it but also enjoys the adrenaline rush that he gets.

Once we were done with the ride, we ran into Michelle and her lovely family in the dump stop. John and her husband talked, Michelle and I talked and Hunter tried to charm the ladies. (Reid was off looking at RNRC merchandise.) Michelle was asking us if we liked the cruise and I told her that John and I were winded by the time we had taken all of the stairs since the elevators were slow and Hunter had to chime in and say that he never got tired because he had big calf muscles from his football workouts. I think that he also threw in something about carrying around big tires on the football field. He was really trying to make the young women swoon!

We chatted a while longer and then said our goodbyes. I dont know why we didnt think to take a picture of our meet. I was probably subconsciously saying, do not document your hat hair.

***Up next: Snacking from R-2's head and that was freaking Fantasmic!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 11-15-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #1732
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I'm seriously at Hunter's attempts to charm the ladies with his muscle talk. Such a teenage boy!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 11-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #1733
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Oh, my husband would embarrass the kids and I all the time with his silliness. Walking through the mall like a turkey. Putting on fake accents in restaurants. Most recently, we were in the grocery store when a song from our wedding started playing and he started singing it to me. Now, we've been married over 35 years, so that song was an oldie. One of the ladies in the lunchmeat area noticed and now whenever she sees us, she asks if he's sung to me recently in the canned goods aisle. My guy's not a PK, just a P.
See, I find that endearing. Sometimes embarassing, but endearing. What would we do without our silly men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I'm seriously at Hunter's attempts to charm the ladies with his muscle talk. Such a teenage boy!
Oh he was throwing out the charm. He even went so far as to show them his calf muscle. I just did this

Old 11-15-2012, 01:41 AM   #1734
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Love your family pictures! I love reading about how much silly fun your family has together.

Yay for RnRC and a DISmeet! Sorry about the hat hair, but it happens to the best of us.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:18 AM   #1735
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I booked our Thanksgiving trip to Tennessee this morning! We're headed to Knoxville and then Pigeon Forge. I can't wait to see my two babies and the Smoky Mountains again!
Quote:

TinksThree sent me a message on the travel route that they take and I'm searching for other alternate routes as well. I do NOT want a 10 1/2 hour trip to turn into another 17 hour trip like it did last Thanksgiving.

You are going to Tennessee!!! How exciting...I know you must be to see Lacey and Jesse again! I have been trying to think of other routes as well in case we go. Last night I got three hotels to book last minute. I hate waiting last minute...as in two days prior! But once we know about Chris' schedule I can plan...or not.

My new job position just keeps me behind on these TRs so much! I was way, way back at lunch at ABC Commisory! We haven't been to Lights Motors Action in a while. Once we saw it a few times it was the same old thing and now it may be going away! However I think the Carsland additions could be great!

Yay for rides on ToT and RnR!!!! I love both of those rides soooo much!!! Licking of the face = HILARIOUS!!!!! Reminded me of something Keith would do! And we enjoy Sci-Fi so much! Keith always requests. You are right about the food not being awesome but it is good and the atmosphere more than makes up for it!! Ok...I think I am caught up now so I can get behind again!!
Old 11-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #1736
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Snacking from R-2's head and that was freaking Fantasmic!

Snacking from R-2's head and that was freaking Fantasmic!

Fantasmic was scheduled to begin soon and we knew that we needed to start making our way to the theater or we’d be stuck in the nosebleed section. But, first, I wanted to get some pictures of us together. Some came out pretty good, some came out blurry, some had us smiling, some had us looking the other direction but the memories turned out perfectly.

I took one last picture of the Tower of Terror before we walked up the hill and to the theater:

As we neared the theater, we could see that there were still quite a bit of open spaces in the theater and we were able to snag pretty good seats:

Cool glowing mohawk:

The theater started to fill up after about 10-15 minutes but there were still two empty sections of the theater open:

I believe the section that’s empty way over to the far end of the above picture is the section that they “save” for Fantasmic packages. At least that’s where we sat when we booked the Mama Melrose’s Fantasmic package a couple of years ago.

While I was taking pictures, John went to the snack stand and came back with an R2D2 filled with caramel popcorn and a few bottled Cokes. We poured some of the sticky caramel popcorn in R2's head and snacked from it and R2's body.

Music started playing and it was time! Time for Fantasmic to start! I’m not going to do any narration other than “sorry for so many pictures but I love Fantasmic and always think that I’ll get that one “awesomely awesome” picture but never do”.

**Continued in next post

Old 11-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #1737
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

That was freaking Fantasmic! We are huge fans of Fantasmic and have only missed it once that I can remember and that’s because we thought it would be rained out.

**Up next: That’s a backsack not a jock strap!

Old 11-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #1738
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

You got some really good Fantasmic! shots. I really love black and white Mickey

I liked Fantasmic!, but it's not going to be a every trip thing for me. I plan on skipping it this trip, unless something changes. It is very nicely done and I enjoy it, I just don't feel I need to see it every trip. I feel the same way about Illuminations, which I will do this trip since I skipped it in February, and I get priority viewing with the CP package anyway.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 11-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #1739
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures with the family. My family isn't much on pictures and usually at Disney it's just DH and me, so we get maybe one or two pictures. He usually has the camera, so there's more pictures of me than him. And there are more than a goodly amount of hat hair pictures.

We usually skip Fatasmic, but went this year and recorded the whole thing. It's a once-in-a-while show, usually when we have newbies.

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
Old 11-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #1740
EpcotIsMyFave
Mouseketeer

So I haven't commented on this TR yet (at least I don't think I have) but your Fantasmic photos pulled me from lurkdom! I haven't seen F! since 2004 so I think we are due this next trip! My kiddos have never seen it but your pictures have renewed my excitement for it! I forgot what an awesome show it was!

I love following your TR's, and really appreciate the honest thoughts you have about the cruise and your family is just precious, I feel like I know you. Thanks for sharing!

Sara

Pop Jan 2013
Caribbean Beach 2010
Port Orleans Riverside 2009, Pop 2008,
All-Star Movies 2007, Pop 2005, All-Star Music 2003

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: