Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #1711
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

lol if you can't have fun at disney then where can ya?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #1712
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Those pictures are hilarious!! That is something my family would do too. In fact, we just all got together a couple of weekends ago to do family pictures and some of ours looked like that, though not exactly licking each other.

I've never been to Sci-Fi, but it does look interesting. How was the Red Velvet Cheesecake, it doesn't look like how I would think, but sounds yummy!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #1713
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I am sitting here, holding on to my chair, to prevent me from I love you guys...you crack me up...you have so much fun together.

I agree with you...the food may not be gourmet at Sci Fi (but better than a lot of other places), yet the atmosphere can't be beat.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #1714
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Licking someone is totally what my mom's husband would have done (back when he wasn't a jerk). This is one of the reasons why I love reading your TR, always so much fun and silliness.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #1715
MEK
DIS Veteran

Face licking aside , those pictures are great! You guys all take such nice pictures. Great detail pictures of HS.

Your sandwich looks yummy.

Back to Tennessee for Thanksgiving. I will certainly be praying that you don't get stuck in the traffic from hell again.

Could you give mama a scooter rental as a Christmas present? Would she accept it then? I hope she is able to go with you.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #1716
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Funny pictures!!! You guys are so much fun! Isn't that the way a WDW trip should be?

I hope your Mama can find a way to go with you and enjoy the trip too. I like MEK's idea of the scooter rental as a gift!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #1717
jusero
DIS Veteran

You went to my two fave shops. Well, one that used to be a fave. I love the animators shop. I always get my one big souvie there. Of course, I can't afford the really good ones either. And the Writer's Stop used to be my fave when they actually sold writer's stuff like pens, journals and port folios. I used to buy a new pen and journal every year. But now they don't sell anything like that anymore.

1982, 1985, Disneyland
Sept., 1995: Shades of Geen, WDW
Oct. 2006: Disneyland
May, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012: Shades of Green, WDW
Dec. 2008: Shades of Green, WDW

2011 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2745311
2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933651
2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201400

Old 11-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #1718
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Funny pictures!!! You guys are so much fun! Isn't that the way a WDW trip should be?

I hope your Mama can find a way to go with you and enjoy the trip too. I like MEK's idea of the scooter rental as a gift!
Heck yeah! Those crazy little things like face licking are what make for fun memories.

I'm sure that the subject of a scooter/wheelchair will come up while we are driving to Tennessee. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Face licking aside , those pictures are great! You guys all take such nice pictures. Great detail pictures of HS.

Your sandwich looks yummy.

Back to Tennessee for Thanksgiving. I will certainly be praying that you don't get stuck in the traffic from hell again.

Could you give mama a scooter rental as a Christmas present? Would she accept it then? I hope she is able to go with you.
Aww, thanks! The sandwich was very good but John's steak was just so-so.

I immediately thought of you when we were talking about taking the trolley from Pigeon Forge to Gatlinburg. We're going to **** Gatlinburg!

My Mama is one of the biggest procrastinators I have ever seen in my life. Maybe procrastinator isn't the right word. She worries so much that she's always afraid that something will happen that will make her cancel the trip so I'm thinking that she'd not want us to rent the scooter so far ahead of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Licking someone is totally what my mom's husband would have done (back when he wasn't a jerk). This is one of the reasons why I love reading your TR, always so much fun and silliness.
We are definitely fun and silly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I am sitting here, holding on to my chair, to prevent me from I love you guys...you crack me up...you have so much fun together.

I agree with you...the food may not be gourmet at Sci Fi (but better than a lot of other places), yet the atmosphere can't be beat.
To say that we are happy that Jesse fits in so well with this group of nuts is an understatement. Can you imagine if he didn't act just as crazy? He'd probably run for the hills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Those pictures are hilarious!! That is something my family would do too. In fact, we just all got together a couple of weekends ago to do family pictures and some of ours looked like that, though not exactly licking each other.

I've never been to Sci-Fi, but it does look interesting. How was the Red Velvet Cheesecake, it doesn't look like how I would think, but sounds yummy!
I love those kind of family photos! Click on the link below and scroll down until you see our "crazy" family photo. We are such nuts!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1307698&type=3

The red velvet cheesecake was delicious! I was so full that I couldn't eat it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
lol if you can't have fun at disney then where can ya?
Well, we have fun pretty much everywhere but Disney makes us extra goofy.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 11-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #1719
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Hahaha awesome family photos!!!

We haven't been to Sci-Fi in FOREVER. I really want to go back, DF has never been, and he LOVES those old school movie clips. I know he'd love the movie reel they have there!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #1720
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusero View Post
You went to my two fave shops. Well, one that used to be a fave. I love the animators shop. I always get my one big souvie there. Of course, I can't afford the really good ones either. And the Writer's Stop used to be my fave when they actually sold writer's stuff like pens, journals and port folios. I used to buy a new pen and journal every year. But now they don't sell anything like that anymore.

You know...now that you mention it, I don't remember seeing anything that had to do with writing (pens, paper, journals, etc.) in Writer's Stop. What's up with that?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 11-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #1721
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Hahaha awesome family photos!!!

We haven't been to Sci-Fi in FOREVER. I really want to go back, DF has never been, and he LOVES those old school movie clips. I know he'd love the movie reel they have there!
As I said, Sci-Fi isn't really about the food, it's more about the atmosphere. So, if Wingnut likes old school movie clips, you two should eat there at least once.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #1722
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Muppets are so much fun!! And Yay for Tower of Terror! I couldn't agree more! I love it but hang on as tight as I can and scream just as loud! Sorry RNRC was down but glad you were able to get fastpasses!!
I couldn't believe how much I liked Tower of Terror after I rode it the firs time. Especially since I'm so scared of heights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
on your trip to visit Lacey and Jesse! Bet you are just about jumping out of your skin!

Now I was just going to copy off Cynthia's reply and say ditto!

I never noticed Steven Tyler's scarf with the Hidden Mickeys either!

I am also stunned that you haven't seen the Star Wars movies! I saw the first Star Wars movie (which is actually the fourth movie, but Whatever!) when it came out with all the hype. I didn't really appreciate it the first time I saw it but it really is a great movie series.

I'm wondering how much of the details in the queue and Star Tours attraction you appreciate without having seen the movies. May the Force Be With You, Lisa, and watch some of those movies if you get the chance!

I'm with you on the Muppets, though. Love them! I also giggle along with MissLiz when Sam Eagle salutes "All" Nations

I'm so glad John talked you into braving ToT on a previous trip!

Pretty Please with Coffee on Top would totally work with me!
We are all counting down the days until we are in Tennessee giving Jesse and Lacey big old bear hugs!

What little I know about Star Wars come from the things that Hunter has told me. I do know who the main characters are but don't always know their names. Wanna know another secret? John's never seen the Star Wars movies either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaJohn View Post
I'm with John (a GREAT name I might add) on this one. Somehow I seem to suddenly get clumsy around those "dumb bunnies." At the same time I also seem to be unable to say things like "excuse me" or "I'm sorry." I guess I'm just another cantankerous old timer.
John IS a pretty great time isn't it. One of the things that really tick me off are rude people especially at the happiest place on Earth. We took Mama out to eat Saturday night and we were talking about how rude people are now-a-days. They have no manners whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Loved the updates. I couldn't get my friend to join me on TOT this fall, so it has been a long time since my last drop!
Oh man! Maybe you can talk somebody into riding with you next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I cannot WAIT to ride TOT!! It has been FAR too long since I have been on TOT!!!
Just 5 more days until you are headed to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
this totally cracked me up!

So you got genius people in your row that had to stop in the middle? It's an epidemic in that attraction. I swear!

Kudos to you for tyring to take a picture on TOT. I am never that brave. Love the elevator picture! You got a lot accomplished!
I was ready to go see Kermie Wormie!

I don't see how people take those awesome pictures out the window on TOT. I'm always hanging on for dear life at that point of the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I'd say that was a good deal! Glad you got that room at least started to declutter. I really need to do that too with all of my extra stuff.

I hope Mama gets to go to WDW, but if not I'm sure it will be because that's what is best for her. It is a lot to spend to wind up sitting in the resort most if the time.
It was a very good deal! I was out $2.98 for the bleach but I got a day off out of the deal.

We'll see how Mama does on the Tennessee trip and then she'll decide on what to do about going to Disney.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #1723
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I had no clue what was on top of the burger, thanks for letting me know. LOL. Looked good.
I have had that column in my way. :O(
The Muppets is cute but I wish they would update it. The pre-show is so long too. Not a must for me. But it is very cute.
Yep that is a Stormtrooper. I have seen it enough times for all of us. Trust me. LOL
Bummer that RNRR was down.
I was surprised at how good the shrimp were. Well, good for not coming from Louisiana where we like our shrimp spicy.

They updated Muppets a little while back but I don't think they did much other than changing the very last scene which originally looked like a scene out of National Lampoon's vacation with everybody wearing short shorts and knee high socks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjones78 View Post
I have spent the last three days reading your entire trip report. I am from south Arkansas and we drive down so I recognized alot of your travel down. We usually stop in Daphne, AL. I have two kids (5 & 8 )We have considered a cruise but always had this feeling like "it's not Disney World" we love WDW so much I just can't imagine it being worth it so I really enjoyed your cruise report. We are driving down Thanksgiving for a week. Can't wait to read more! I've been 5 times but have found so much in your report that we still need to do!
Hey! I'm so glad to have you here! I've been all over the State of Arkansas camping and sightseeing. I love your State and have been trying to get John to go camping at Lake Ouachita.

If we were to do the cruise again (which we are talking about doing in 2014), we definitely want to make sure that it doesn't interfere with our WDW time. We missed our relaxing days at the resort.

I hope that ya'll have fun at WDW! I tried my best to figure out a way for us to get to Disney over the Thanksgiving holiday but I couldn't make it fit budget, our time off work, etc.

We've been to WDW 17 times and we are still amazed at the things that we have yet to do. Disney is constantly changing things up and adding new attractions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Hey there Lisa! Great updates as usual! I just love seeing Disney through your family's eyes!

I too love the Muppets! They just crack me up! We recently watched the new Muppets movie and I think I almost peed my pants with all my giggling. They just don't make shows like that any more.

Oh Tower of Terror, how I love thee! I'm so glad you have come to appreciate the greatness that is ToT. Sorry about the rain, though. YUCK!

Hunter was watching Muppets in Space the other day and I had forgotten how cute it was. I love the Muppets too!

You will be at Disney again before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore344 View Post
Hi Lisa, Just read where you are changing to AoA. We too have booked 10 days here next year. Will be our first time at a value. So if things don't change and you don't get an offer you can't refuse will be looking forward to that report on how you liked it. Although we will be going about 6 weeks after you. But we also will save about $700 dollars and in this economy, that's a chunk of change.
We eventually ended up changing to Coronado Springs. John is not a resort snob but he nixed the AOA change not long after we booked it. $700 is a BIG chunk of change, that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Lisa, I am several updates behind and can't remember half of what I wanted to comment on.

First, to John for kicking some idiots foot who decided to sit in the middle of the row at the Muppets. That is one of my biggest pet peeves at Disney.

We have yet to see Lights Motor Action...and probably won't, especially if it is going away as rumor has it.

Your lunch looks yummy.

I'm so glad you got over your fear of Tower of Terror...it is my absolute favorite ride at Disney. Rock N Roll--nope, don't do that one anymore.
John suddenly gets all stumbly when it comes to stepping over rude guests who plop their behinds down in the middle of the rows. Makes him so mad!

Old 11-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #1724
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Fun update! Awfully nice of you to tolerate face licking! Too funny, that is something Jeff would do. I haven't been to sci fi in years, it was fine. Nothing earth shattering but definitely fun ambiance!

Loving the day off for the cost of a bottle of bleach.

You might want to see just how difficult it is to rent a scooter once you are there. I know my mom did it, about 2 days into a trip and others have as well. It could be a "present" if she comes. Maybe she wouldn't need to know it wasn't reserved yet, you could tell her it was but you are able to cancel it at any time. Or see what the cancellation policy is, I imagine peoples needs change all the times. I hope she can go but understand how sensitive the whole things is. I hope a great offer comes out and you can keep getting that room rate down1
Old 11-14-2012, 12:05 AM   #1725
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

That's great you got an unexpected day off!

Sorry to hear mama might not be able to go to WDW, I'm sure you'll to whats best for her though.

Well it looks like you were all getting a little frisky at DHS! I'll let you in on a little secret. When I want to gross River out I'll lick his cheek!

I agree the food at Sci-Fi is not very good but we go every year because of the atmosphere.

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: