Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #1696
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Muppets are so much fun!! And Yay for Tower of Terror! I couldn't agree more! I love it but hang on as tight as I can and scream just as loud! Sorry RNRC was down but glad you were able to get fastpasses!!
Old 11-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #1697
natebenma
DIS Veteran

!)

on your trip to visit Lacey and Jesse! Bet you are just about jumping out of your skin!

Now I was just going to copy off Cynthia's reply and say ditto!

I never noticed Steven Tyler's scarf with the Hidden Mickeys either!

I am also stunned that you haven't seen the Star Wars movies! I saw the first Star Wars movie (which is actually the fourth movie, but Whatever!) when it came out with all the hype. I didn't really appreciate it the first time I saw it but it really is a great movie series.

I'm wondering how much of the details in the queue and Star Tours attraction you appreciate without having seen the movies. May the Force Be With You, Lisa, and watch some of those movies if you get the chance!

I'm with you on the Muppets, though. Love them! I also giggle along with MissLiz when Sam Eagle salutes "All" Nations

I'm so glad John talked you into braving ToT on a previous trip!

Pretty Please with Coffee on Top would totally work with me!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #1698
JanaJohn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
As with most 3D shows, thereís always some dumb bunnies who think that the rules donít apply to them and we had to scoot our way past them. John may or may not have ďaccidentallyĒ kicked one of the guysí feet out of his way.
I'm with John (a GREAT name I might add) on this one. Somehow I seem to suddenly get clumsy around those "dumb bunnies." At the same time I also seem to be unable to say things like "excuse me" or "I'm sorry." I guess I'm just another cantankerous old timer.

4/13 POFQ
10/11 BLT
7/07 POFQ
8/85 Golf Resort
Old 11-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #1699
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Loved the updates. I couldn't get my friend to join me on TOT this fall, so it has been a long time since my last drop!
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Old 11-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #1700
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I cannot WAIT to ride TOT!! It has been FAR too long since I have been on TOT!!!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 11-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #1701
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[B] 5 minutes! Hold on Kermie , Lisaís coming!

this totally cracked me up!

So you got genius people in your row that had to stop in the middle? It's an epidemic in that attraction. I swear!

Kudos to you for tyring to take a picture on TOT. I am never that brave. Love the elevator picture! You got a lot accomplished!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #1702
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I had no clue what was on top of the burger, thanks for letting me know. LOL. Looked good.
I have had that column in my way. :O(
The Muppets is cute but I wish they would update it. The pre-show is so long too. Not a must for me. But it is very cute.
Yep that is a Stormtrooper. I have seen it enough times for all of us. Trust me. LOL
Bummer that RNRR was down.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #1703
hjones78
Earning My Ears

I have spent the last three days reading your entire trip report. I am from south Arkansas and we drive down so I recognized alot of your travel down. We usually stop in Daphne, AL. I have two kids (5 & 8 )We have considered a cruise but always had this feeling like "it's not Disney World" we love WDW so much I just can't imagine it being worth it so I really enjoyed your cruise report. We are driving down Thanksgiving for a week. Can't wait to read more! I've been 5 times but have found so much in your report that we still need to do!
DS

'03 GF, '04 GF, '07 PoP, '10 AsMo, '11 DTD Hilton, '12 AsMo, '13 AsMo

Old 11-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #1704
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Hey there Lisa! Great updates as usual! I just love seeing Disney through your family's eyes!

I too love the Muppets! They just crack me up! We recently watched the new Muppets movie and I think I almost peed my pants with all my giggling. They just don't make shows like that any more.

Oh Tower of Terror, how I love thee! I'm so glad you have come to appreciate the greatness that is ToT. Sorry about the rain, though. YUCK!
Old 11-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #1705
eeyore344
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I pinky promise that I'm coming back with replies and an update before the Noon hour today. Just need to do a little work around the office first.

I did change our resort last night. We are now booked in a Little Mermaid room at Art of Animation. The pictures that lovethattink and MEK are what made up our minds for us. That, at the fact that it's a brand new resort. Oh and there's that little thing called MONEY that helped in the decision making as well.

Mama will save $653.62. We will save $653.56. Lacey and Jesse will save $400.42.

By changing resorts, we are guaranteed to save money. If a special offer comes out that we can take advantage of and it's good enough, we'll jump back to a moderate resort. Let's say they offered 20% off your room at the CBR: 1) We would save approximately $436; 2) Mama would save approximately $436; 3) Lacey would save approximately $298. So, we're keeping our fingers crossed that there's an offer for our travel dates. If not, we know we are saving by staying at the AoA.

Hi Lisa, Just read where you are changing to AoA. We too have booked 10 days here next year. Will be our first time at a value. So if things don't change and you don't get an offer you can't refuse will be looking forward to that report on how you liked it. Although we will be going about 6 weeks after you. But we also will save about $700 dollars and in this economy, that's a chunk of change.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #1706
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Lisa, I am several updates behind and can't remember half of what I wanted to comment on.

First, to John for kicking some idiots foot who decided to sit in the middle of the row at the Muppets. That is one of my biggest pet peeves at Disney.

We have yet to see Lights Motor Action...and probably won't, especially if it is going away as rumor has it.

Your lunch looks yummy.

I'm so glad you got over your fear of Tower of Terror...it is my absolute favorite ride at Disney. Rock N Roll--nope, don't do that one anymore.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #1707
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Good morning! Sunday afternoon, I was at Walmart when my boss called me to ask what I was doing. I told him buying groceries and he said "I'll make you a deal. If you'll pick me up a gallon of bleach and then go by the office and change the message on the answering machine, you can have tomorrow off." Heck yeah! The courthouse and all other State offices were going to be closed for Veteran's Day so that was his reasoning behind us closing.

I spent the majority of the weekend and yesterday cleaning out our spare bedroom. You know how you tuck things away and then when those spaces get full, you just start putting things here and putting things there until it's a mess? Well, that's what the room looked like. So, I started pulling boxes out and, before I knew it, the room looked like a bomb had exploded in there. So much for trying to make it look nice and neat.

I used the day yesterday to keep sorting through the accumulation of "stuff" and it's starting to look better. I listed some things on ebay and will be listing more over the course of the week. If you want to see what I have listed so far, just look for me on ebay. There's lots more stuff to be listed.

Our travel plans for Thanksgiving have been firmed up now that we know what times Lacey and Jesse will be working and it looks like we'll get to spend more time with them that we originally thought. We will be leaving after work next Wednesday and we are all itching to hit the road!

TinksThree sent me a message on the travel route that they take and I'm searching for other alternate routes as well. I do NOT want a 10 1/2 hour trip to turn into another 17 hour trip like it did last Thanksgiving.

Mama said, over the course of this past week, that the trip to Tennessee (she's going with us) will be a guide/trial run for her to see whether or not she will be able to make it in Disney. In all honesty, she can't unless she rents a scooter or a wheelchair. That would add a lot of money to her already stretched budget and she won't let us pay for it. We all (with the exception of Mama) discussed it and, even though we really really want Mama to go with us, we aren't going to push the issue and make her feel forced to go or that we'll be let down if she changes her mind. Her vacation is over $3,100 already and that's a lot of money for her. I wouldn't want her to get there and then not feel like going to the parks and end up spending the majority of her time at the resort all by herself.

Anyway, I need to get busy working on the things that are on my desk. I hope to get an installment written up this afternoon while the boss has a client with him.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 11-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #1708
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I'd say that was a good deal! Glad you got that room at least started to declutter. I really need to do that too with all of my extra stuff.

I hope Mama gets to go to WDW, but if not I'm sure it will be because that's what is best for her. It is a lot to spend to wind up sitting in the resort most if the time.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 11-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #1709
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Seriously? Did he just lick her face?

We had a dinner ADR at Sci-Fi so we decided to walk back to the other side of the park so that we would be closer when the time came to check in. From the looks of my pictures, we did a little wandering and window shopping:

The aroma of coffee was in the air and John noticed that it was coming from Writer’s Stop so he popped in for coffee. Lacey, Jesse and Hunter wanted to ride Star Tours again so they went that direction. While John was in line for the coffee, I looked around at the merchandise for sale. There was a set of Mickey Mouse dominos that I thought about getting for John’s daddy because he’s a major domino player. But, I changed my mind when I remembered that he only plays with a certain set of dominos. We did a little more looking around and then went back out to sit and wait on the kids and our ADR time.

I had to line the little ledge we were sitting on with ponchos to keep our behinds from getting wet. John called his brother to catch up with what was going on around their house and I took pictures:

Here come the rest of the gang with Lacey dancing the way over:

John finished up his call and Hunter decided to give his dad a face massage:

It looks like I was telling John how to do something or to stop doing something:

Hunter told us to play nice and to pose for a picture looking like we loved each other. This is how it turned out:

Yes he did! You know what they say about those preacher’s kids.....once they get out from under their parents thumbs, they go wild. Forget that it’s been 28 years since John’s lived with his parents. I was almost afraid to try for a lovely dovey picture again but I did and it turned out better:

Hunter turned to Lacey and Jesse and told them the same thing. Not to be outdone by his paw-in-law, Jesse did this:

Their second chance picture:

I told Hunter to go over by his dad so I could take his picture and he sat square in his lap. He’s such a crazy kiddo:

We saw that a space had opened up near the entrance of Sci-Fi so we moved over there but then realized that we still had a bit more time before we could check in but there really wasn’t enough time to go see or do anything so I took a few more pictures:

I can never be thankful enough that Jesse and Lacey have a tolerance for a younger teenage brother:

**Continued in next post[/IMG]

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 11-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #1710
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Finally, it was time to check in and we were shown to our car immediately. No wait at all! I didnít take a whole lot of pictures in the restaurant or of our food because of the way that we were seated....Lacey & Jesse in front, Hunter in the middle and John and I in the back.

My sandwich:

Johnís steak:

Hot fudge sundae:

Red Velvet cheesecake:

The food at the Sci-Fi isnít outstanding but the atmosphere makes up for the lack of food quality in our opinion. We all gave it a thumbs up!

**Up next: Why is it that I always look like death warmed over when I meet a Diser?

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: