Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #151
disprincessesmom1012
Mouseketeer

HOWDY!!!!

Loving your TR!! Cant wait to hear all about CBR. We are staying there Sept 29th- Oct 4th!!! So excited!!!

Surprising the Littles, DxDP, CBR and MNSSHP!! A Late Sept/Early Oct 2012 PTR

April 2010: First Ever Trip! DD1 2 1/2yr, DD2 in the womb
Old 06-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #152
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Great photos from the drive to WDW! I always try to get that photo of the main entrance to DHS, but I can never manage to get a picture of it for some reason. I can't wait to read (& see) more!
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #153
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

I finally found your report!!!!!Yeah can't wait to read it all.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #154
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

I cannot believe how late I am to this party...far from "fashionably late". Lisa, I just your trip reports! My folks live in Mississppi, so as I read it I can just imagine your lovely southern accent telling me the story. Can't wait to see what kind of trouble you all get into this time...
Old 06-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #155
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Yea! you made it to WDW! Love that welcome sign! We always take DME and the buses to each park. One of these trips I would like to have a car down there to see things from a different perspective. Definitely some interesting things on the trip. How exactly does one watch out for poisonous snakes? I work for a billboard company and we would never put up signs like that (well at least my office wouldn't!).

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC
Old 06-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #156
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

Oooohh, I'm a little late to the party but I'm here!! Holy cow, I'm off the DIS for a couple of days and you not only start your trip report you are already up to page 11!!! I gotta catch up!

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Old 06-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #157
BackstoryWorthy
Mouseketeer

Subbing! I cannot wait to hear about the cruise as I too have a secret fear that pirates (the non OTC kind) might overtake the boat (or a rogue wave or a killer strain of norovirus or, or, or or.... ).

Last edited by BackstoryWorthy; 06-15-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #158
Cynthiagayle01
Mouseketeer

I normally lurk on your reports Lisa but I just had to stop in. Great picture of the sign. We're alway in the back of the Mickey Express and I can never get a good pic! I can't wait to hear more about the cruise. My mom and sister have always been interested in one.

I can't wait to hear what kind of crazy mischief you kids got into!

Old 06-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #159
megan511
Mouseketeer

I decided to pop over and I have only read your intro so far but I am so in! Your family sounds so fun.

I'm going to catch up!
Old 06-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #160
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincessesmom1012 View Post
HOWDY!!!!

Loving your TR!! Cant wait to hear all about CBR. We are staying there Sept 29th- Oct 4th!!! So excited!!!

Howwwwwwwdyyyyyyy! I should have lots of CBR pictures coming up very very soon! I'm slightly, actually a lot, jealous that you're going to the CBR so very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
Great photos from the drive to WDW! I always try to get that photo of the main entrance to DHS, but I can never manage to get a picture of it for some reason. I can't wait to read (& see) more!
I thought that Hunter did a great job getting the HS entrance picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
I finally found your report!!!!!Yeah can't wait to read it all.
Welcome! I hope to get another update posted soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
I cannot believe how late I am to this party...far from "fashionably late". Lisa, I just your trip reports! My folks live in Mississppi, so as I read it I can just imagine your lovely southern accent telling me the story. Can't wait to see what kind of trouble you all get into this time...
No need to apologize! You're here now and that's all that matters. Louisiana and Mississipi drawl sound the same so I'm betting you have a pretty good idea of what I sound like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
Yea! you made it to WDW! Love that welcome sign! We always take DME and the buses to each park. One of these trips I would like to have a car down there to see things from a different perspective. Definitely some interesting things on the trip. How exactly does one watch out for poisonous snakes? I work for a billboard company and we would never put up signs like that (well at least my office wouldn't!).
Seeing the WDW archway makes me giddy and I know it's something that I'd miss we flew to Disney. Oh I can tell you how to watch out for snakes......never stop looking at the ground or up in the trees. Every snake that we've ever killed around the house were either hanging from the trees, climbing up the logs on our house (we live in a log home) or slithering around our yard. Scary! Good for your company for not putting up the "naughty" billboards.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #161
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
Oooohh, I'm a little late to the party but I'm here!! Holy cow, I'm off the DIS for a couple of days and you not only start your trip report you are already up to page 11!!! I gotta catch up!
Welcome! The party is just getting started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackstoryWorthy View Post
Subbing! I cannot wait to hear about the cruise as I too have a secret fear that pirates (the non OTC kind) might overtake the boat (or a rogue wave or a killer strain of norovirus or, or, or or.... ).
Howdy and welcome! Looks like John has a kindred spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthiagayle01 View Post
I normally lurk on your reports Lisa but I just had to stop in. Great picture of the sign. We're alway in the back of the Mickey Express and I can never get a good pic! I can't wait to hear more about the cruise. My mom and sister have always been interested in one.

I can't wait to hear what kind of crazy mischief you kids got into!
Hey there neighbor! I forgot to look and see if you had a ticker. Any trips to WDW in the works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
I decided to pop over and I have only read your intro so far but I am so in! Your family sounds so fun.

I'm going to catch up!
Welcome aboard my trip report! Hang on, this is gonna be a bumpy, jumpy time!

Old 06-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #162
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Is it sad that I keep refreshing my screen to see if you have posted another update???
Heck no! I do that with the trip reports I read too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane1084 View Post
I'm subbing! I love your TR Lisa, they always crack me up.

Firstly, I can totally see Elvis in that tree! You'd be crazy not to see it.

My fiance and I also enjoy reading those goofy signs down the highway in Florida. Our personal favorite is the Risque Cafe. We discussed at length what is really was. I won't go into details but you get the idea. He suggested (jokingly) we stop there for lunch to which I made a face like this:

You have the same packing strategy I do for the trip down to florida. I seriously couldn't imagine having to pack for that many different parts of the trip. You had your work cut out for you lady! Also I had the Tetris theme song playing in my head while reading about the car packing puzzle.

Can't wait to hear more from you and you're gang!
Welcome! I am glad to hear that you were able to spot Elvis in the tree.

Oh my goodness....I can just imagine what that kid of lunch would be.

Packing for this trip was difficult. We've never had to pack for three separate trips and it took a while to work out my packing strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
I've missed TWO updates??? No worries, though. I'm caught up. YAY for arriving at Disney World!!! And that pick-your-own citrus place - we loved it. That monster truck bus in their parking lot -- we took a ride in that. It was about an hour long, and they took us all over the groves. The tour guide was great, giving lots of informational tid-bits.
I see on Facebook that you're on the road! I wish you safe travels. I remember that ya'll went to the pick your own citrus stand. I always say that we are going to stop but, on the way, we are too anxious to get to WDW and, on the way home, we are trying to get home. Maybe one day, we'll make our way over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilysmommy View Post
can I join in????!!! Love the trip report. It is nice to see another Louisiana DISer.
Of course you can! It's is nice to see Louisiana Disers! Are ya'll at the top of the State or at the bottom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
I just caught up on all of your updates, Yay! you are there! Can't wait to see your room.
Pictures of our room and view coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Lisa. So glad you all arrived safe and sound. And Hunter did a pretty good job of being the photographer for the rest of the ride down.
I was a little disappointed that we didn't get more pictures during our drive but, honestly, there wasn't a whole lot to see.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #163
adisneymama
DIS Veteran

Can't wait for the next installment. I actually changed our ressie today and we won't be going to CBR but I'm still loving your report anyway!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #164
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornton0511 View Post
Hey Lisa- my name is Jenn and I just wanted to say that I love reading your trip reports! You are such a storyteller and so funny!
I acutally spent a lot of time reading your past reports while researching for our May trip this year to WDW b/c we were staying at CBR and so when I found out that my family and yours were going to be at CBR at the same time I thought how cool it would be if we were to actually spot you guys...but CBR is so big and holds a lot of people so I quickly dismissed that thought.
Then it happened, and you are going to think I am so weird, but one night my family and I were on a bus headed for Downtown Disney and at one of the stops your crew boarded the bus, and it took me a few moments to realize it was y'all, and it really neat to see you guys in person I guess from reading all of your stories I was a little star struck!
So I sat there with my daughter thinking I want to tell someone but my son and husband were stuck at the back of the bus and there was no one to tell, and I am way too shy of a person to speak up and say hello so I just sat there busting at the seams until we got to our stop and I could tell my husband...clearly he did not fully understand my excitment but God love him he tried to sound interested! Anyways sorry I tend to babble but I just wanted to share and let you know I can't wait to read more about your trip this year!
Hey Jenn! I wish you had said something to one of us! I love meeting fellow Disers and have met two or three at the CBR. It took John a while to fully understand the concept of the Disboards and wondered why in the word I would want to meet perfect strangers. After one or two Dis Meets, he was as much into meeting my "friends" as he was. Maybe one day our paths will cross again and we can chat.

I hope that you'll continue to follow along and comment every now and then. You've already seen that I tend to babble so I wouldn't mind it one bit from other Disers too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
Love the update . You must take a different route than we do because we don't pass all that stuff, or maybe I am just always so excited that I just don't notice it.........
I think that most people take the turnpike and don't go through Clermont and down Highway 192. That's the route that we've always taken so we stick with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Well, not that it was me- but girl, you gotta speak up!!! I think that Lisa would have LOVED to have met you and Dis-chatted for a few minutes!! I met 2 "online" friends on my trip and neither were planned! I met a woman who I had been reading her PTR as she was coming off a bus. Then another woman walked up to me at breakfast saying that she knew me from another Disney forum that I frequent!! It was so neat to have a "Small World" moment in WDW!!!
I would have loved to meet Jenn. I've met quit a few Disers while at WDW and it's always fun to meet my fellow Disney obsessers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Hi! I am here! Just got home from my annual girls cruise! 18 of us on a boat. 18 of us somehow made it home. Sadly 1 of us was left behind. My cardboard cut out of Justin Beiber did not survive. I came home with an ear infection and no voice. So I would say the trip was a success! Cannot wait to hear about the rest of your trip!
Welcome! Holy moley 18 women on a girls only cruise. I'd love to hear how that went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
I always love your updates-even one that is the final car journey to Disney!

I agree with Lisa---I don't remember seeing a lot of those wacky places. I'm pretty sure I'd remember a building that looked like an ice cream cone!
Thanks! When we see the ice cream cone building, we know we are getting close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynme View Post
I'm following you over from your Pre-trip report. I was on your cruise. I am now adding "SCAR" and "nosey rosey" to my vocabulary. Funny stuff.
Welcome! So how did ya'll like the cruise? Feel free to add any of my words to your vocabulary. Hunter is always laughing at the words I make up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Ok I just finished all 10 pages and I'm all caught up!

I couldn't see Elvis in the tree. I looked really hard too

Hunter is so tall

I've never heard of honking when you go through a tunnel before but I'll never go through one again without thinking about it. I wrote "honk if you love Disney" on our windshield this trip and it made the trip a lot more fun everyone was honking a smiling and waving at us.

We come in on I-4 and it looks like you have more interesting stuff to look at than we do!
Hey Kathy! Seeing Elvis really takes an imagination and concentration so I won't fault you for not weeing him.

Are you serious? You've never heard of honking your horn in a tunnel? Every time we go through one, I have to honk....several times. I've always wanted to put Disney Bound or Honk 'Cause We're On Our Way To Disney on the car window but John says it will be too hard to wash off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Ok I found your trip report and I'm all caught up reading
Howdy and welcome! Glad to have you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charming23 View Post
A little late but I am ready to hear all about your trip.
Heck no you're not late! I've just gotten started!

Old 06-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #165
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Joining in !!

We stayed at CBR in April and I have mixed feelings about it. I'd like to go back .. But I want a room closer to OPR !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: