DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
KingRichard
DIS Veteran
 
KingRichard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,219

Christmas Day at Saratoga Springs

So we just scored a 1 Bd for 5 days at SS for Christmas(don't even ask what the flights cost) and we are very excited as this is our first Disney Christmas trip.

A question for all you experienced owners(we have never stayed here) is what is the best location to request so my 5 DD can enjoy swimming/slides.

We have our own transport and will be cooking in room mostly.

Reading it looks like Springs or Grandstand?

Please post your thoughts.

Thank you and Happy Holidays.
__________________


GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder(Hawaii), Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic, June 14 Wonder(Alaska) 36 NOB
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,746

With a 5 year old do you want to be at the busy main pool, (Springs) or at a smaller pool like the new Paddock pool?

You Tube has lots of videos that you may want to check out.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
KingRichard
DIS Veteran
 
KingRichard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,219

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
With a 5 year old do you want to be at the busy main pool, (Springs) or at a smaller pool like the new Paddock pool?

You Tube has lots of videos that you may want to check out.

Bill
Thanks will check those out. She makes friends so busy or not it doesn't matter.
__________________


GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder(Hawaii), Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic, June 14 Wonder(Alaska) 36 NOB
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)
 
jennylyn_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 2,604

Of she wants swimming and slides and splash areas I would definately suggest Springs or Paddock. Grandstands is great but it doesn't have slides or a very exciting splash area.
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
BirdsOfPreyDave


DIS Veteran
 
BirdsOfPreyDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 5,357

We'll be a SSR over Christmas, too. I can't wait! It's been a few years since we've been there during the Christmas season.

Check out this post in another thread where I list some pros and cons for each section of the resort. It might help you choose which section best fits your family.
__________________
Help! I'm addicted to profile badges! Check out my SSR FAQ here.
BirdsOfPreyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
KingRichard
DIS Veteran
 
KingRichard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,219

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
We'll be a SSR over Christmas, too. I can't wait! It's been a few years since we've been there during the Christmas season.

Check out this post in another thread where I list some pros and cons for each section of the resort. It might help you choose which section best fits your family.
Thank you!

I have requested Springs and we will see what happens.

Temps were in the 80's and dropping to the 60's(ouch) but should be 70's while we are there(I hope)!
__________________


GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder(Hawaii), Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic, June 14 Wonder(Alaska) 36 NOB
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
KingRichard
DIS Veteran
 
KingRichard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,219

Thanks for everyone's help. We just got back last night to a nice snow storm.

The parks were packed, but we got to them at the rope drop and really never waited in line more then 15 minutes early and then used fast passes and again never had to wait at all. It was fun watching people go into the line that posted 120 minute wait and we were in and out in about 15. lol

We got Springs as requested and the room was ready at 11:15 am.

We went had lunch, went to Walmart for supplies and DD had a nap and we were in the parks by 5pm.

Found the room to be clean and in a great location. A couple minute walk to bus stop, restaurant and ferry to downtown.

Thanks again!
__________________


GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder(Hawaii), Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic, June 14 Wonder(Alaska) 36 NOB
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #8
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 61,423

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRichard View Post
Thanks for everyone's help. We just got back last night to a nice snow storm.

The parks were packed, but we got to them at the rope drop and really never waited in line more then 15 minutes early and then used fast passes and again never had to wait at all. It was fun watching people go into the line that posted 120 minute wait and we were in and out in about 15. lol

We got Springs as requested and the room was ready at 11:15 am.

We went had lunch, went to Walmart for supplies and DD had a nap and we were in the parks by 5pm.

Found the room to be clean and in a great location. A couple minute walk to bus stop, restaurant and ferry to downtown.

Thanks again!
Wow, for a trip that was planned so near the travel dates, you really did very well, Congratulations!

Bobbi
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #9
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o
 
dianeschlicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
Posts: 39,928

I agree with Bobbi! That was pure luck!
__________________
dianeschlicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.