Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #106
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I finally got my shabu shabu last night. The place we go is about 10 miles away, but I just learned last week that they are opening a location in Long beach just a few minutes from my house! I can't wait for it to open!

Tonight will be drive through on the way to band.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #107
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I finally got my shabu shabu last night....
....hey, WASH YER MOUTH OUT, you.....

[ ]
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #108
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Even when we make Chicken salad, I grill the chicken first.
That sounds good, might try that myself. I really do want to get a big package of chicken and grill it up then freeze it for easy dinners. Especially for nights like tonight when I won't get home until late and don't have the energy to cook.

Two days down, three to go then vacation here I come.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #109
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmerle1966 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingK12 View Post
I think tonight we'll make a crispy chicken dinner with wilted spinach and fingerling potatoes.It's gonna be yummy...
Welcome! Feel free to share a recipe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post
Nan ~ I filled my cup.....and your cup......and everyones cup. Good times!!

We raised over $9000.00 for Karen & Justin. WooHoo!! It was a complete success.

We were a bit late for Ethan's Birthday party, but the good thing is that by the time we got there the "EVIL" MIL was leaving. Jay's Mom is a real number!!! I really can't stand her. There aren't too many people on this planet that I don't like. But she is one of them. I just hate the way she treats my daughter. But bless Elizabeth's heart she puts up with her because even so she is the boys Grandmother and she does love them. Even if it is a really strange way. But Elizabeth stands her ground and that really p***es her off. Ok rant over sorry****************!!!
First, thank you for filling your cup for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icannot imagine how you are still standing after that weekend but Kudos for raising so much money!

I think this is the first time you have had a semi negative word about anyone. Good for Elizabeth, she is doing the right thing. She sounds like Marisa. Jeff's mother cannot stand her. She won't keep the woman from seeing Kady, although that is very rarely, but she will not allow anything negative about Jeff to reach Kady's ears. Jeff's Mom thinks Marisa is a witch but she is lucky it is Marisa she is dealing with. She is tough but fair. I am not fair at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
I try to grill more in the summer, more salads and lighter meals, less heating up the kitchen, in the winter I will braise, oven roast, soups and all the things that heat up the house...

So lots of grilled items work well for me.

Even when we make Chicken salad, I grill the chicken first.
We grill all summer long as well. Buddy likes just protein and a salad and veggies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
Happy Tuesday ladies!

Haven't stopped by in a while. Life is getting crazier by the moment! We're getting our place all ready for the move and I am exhausted. We actually have alot of cooking and baking supplies in boxes that I've never used. I didn't realize that until last night...haha We have too much stuff!

Tomorrow we head for St. Louis.. Flight is in the AM... We will be back Sunday afternoon
Take it easy Friend!!!!!!!!!!!

Marisa and Kady came for dinner. WE grilled thick ham steaks, mixed summer squashes, steamed green beans and a big garden salad.

Marisa lost 3.5 pounds and I lost 2.2/ The nutritionist thinks that Marisa is nto eating enough and she thinks I am eating too much . Apparantly my 2 cups of vegetables at a meal have turned out to be four cups My one teaspoon of olive oil twice a day has turned into 2 Tablespoons twice a day. AND she told me not to even tell her about my half and half in my coffee
Nancyg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #110
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmerle1966 View Post

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #111
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post

Welcome! Feel free to share a recipe!

First, thank you for filling your cup for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icannot imagine how you are still standing after that weekend but Kudos for raising so much money!

I think this is the first time you have had a semi negative word about anyone. Good for Elizabeth, she is doing the right thing. She sounds like Marisa. Jeff's mother cannot stand her. She won't keep the woman from seeing Kady, although that is very rarely, but she will not allow anything negative about Jeff to reach Kady's ears. Jeff's Mom thinks Marisa is a witch but she is lucky it is Marisa she is dealing with. She is tough but fair. I am not fair at all.

We grill all summer long as well. Buddy likes just protein and a salad and veggies.

Take it easy Friend!!!!!!!!!!!

Marisa and Kady came for dinner. WE grilled thick ham steaks, mixed summer squashes, steamed green beans and a big garden salad.

Marisa lost 3.5 pounds and I lost 2.2/ The nutritionist thinks that Marisa is nto eating enough and she thinks I am eating too much . Apparantly my 2 cups of vegetables at a meal have turned out to be four cups My one teaspoon of olive oil twice a day has turned into 2 Tablespoons twice a day. AND she told me not to even tell her about my half and half in my coffee
Sounds like you both and are doing good on your eating plan over all, and sounds like you have good advice helping you along the way!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #112
LindsayDunn228
Quite a hunk of man, isn't he???
I laughed myself silly ... during the dancing

Hey, everyone! Sorry I've been MIA lately. I've been rather busy. Scott went for his yearly physical last week. He was told told lose some weight (something we both need to do) and try a lower-carb diet. So I decided to do it with him. I've been working out and trying to come up with some low-carb (NOT no-carb, I'd rather croak), and am doing great. I'm also trying to shake up some of our favorites and make them better for us.

I hope you all have a great day! Stay cool!
LindsayDunn228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #113
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
Happy Tuesday ladies!

Haven't stopped by in a while. Life is getting crazier by the moment! We're getting our place all ready for the move and I am exhausted. We actually have alot of cooking and baking supplies in boxes that I've never used. I didn't realize that until last night...haha We have too much stuff!

Tomorrow we head for St. Louis.. Flight is in the AM... We will be back Sunday afternoon

WFD - whatever you can find... No cooking tonight.
Safe travels. You are headed to my old stomping grounds. St. Louis has a real soft spot in my heart.

Alison ~ Thanks so much for the recipe. I love anything with garlic in it - and MAN oh man that should do the trick.

Nan ~ You are right! I really am a very upbeat - half full glass type of girl. But anyone who messes with my family - they had better be ready for a fight. No ifs ands or buts about it - PERIOD!!! Nuff said
I am so proud of you and Marisa. You are doing so good!! Are you following WW again or what? I would love to lose 10 pounds. Please share.

Brandi ~ Again your meals sound great. I love your variety.

Merle ~ Vacation time is almost here

Lindsay - I hear you on the eating better. I am really trying too.

Ladies I am reading a neat book right now - Wheat Belly. I am totally intrigued by it. I really agree with some of it. Have any of you ever tried it or heard of it? It really says that all of the "Whole wheat" is training our bodies to gain weight, especially in the belly. I never realized how wheat has changed over the years and how much wheat is in EVERYTHING we eat. Doug and I are thinking of at least looking into this. We have some really good friends that have totally eliminated wheat from their diets and are 1 - feeling better than they have in a long time, 2 - have lost a lot of weight, and 3 - have gotten off of some of their medications. I don't know - it is something new to think about.

All I can say about today is - IT'S DA*N HOT OUT!!! It got up to 111 yesterday and suppose to cool off today to a balmy 102. Good grief it is not fit for man nor beast out there. I despise summers like this. The humidity you can cut with a knife. I waited till almost 9 last night to go out and water my plants, it was only 97 out. By the time I got back in the house, my head and clothes were wringing wet. YUCK!!

WFDT ~ Spinach, romain and other greens with mandarin oranges, pecan halves, blueberries, strawberries and chicken with poppy seed dressing.

Make it a great day!!

Ellen
EJ4Disney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #114
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....hey, WASH YER MOUTH OUT, you.....

[ ]
Actually Shabu Shabu would be a great meal for your husband, all protein and veggies (as long as he skipped the Udon noodles).
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:24 AM   #115
LindsayDunn228
Quite a hunk of man, isn't he???
I laughed myself silly ... during the dancing

Morning!

After all that, I didn't post WFD yesterday. Oh well, today we are having leftovers. I made a roast with roasted broccoli and cauliflower. Mmm!

Have a great day and stay cool, everyone!
LindsayDunn228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #116
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Hi everyone. Just checking in.

Life is rather hectic at the moment and I wish I had a bit more time in the kitchen to cook. We have family out from the US visiting and between catching up with them and showing them around town, work and DS being on school holidays, I barely have time to sleep!

Hopefully, things will settle down middle of next week....when work should be calmer and the visitors head home.

Hope you are all well and I'll try and catch up with all the news when I can.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #117
franandaj

Today Fran is having surgery. Hopefully this will be the last one. The doctor hopes to go in and remove all the bad tissue. Hopefully once that is gone, she will heal quickly. Cross your fingers.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #118
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Allison- I am sorry to hear that Fran is undergoing surgery once again. Please remember that you are going through stress throughout this entire healing process so take care of you! Let us know how she is doing, please?

Ellen- Marisa and I are following Ideal Protein. It is a high protein low carb diet and so far I am feeling really good. I love starch. All starches! SO this was a bit difficult at first but I have to tell you I feel so much better. I did feel good on WW but noticed that I never lost belly fat. I followed the CORE plan so I ate whole grains and very little processed foods. I think I believe what your book is talking about because I was always sickish especially after eating grains. On this one I am losing fatty tissue all over. SO far over 9 inches total.

Lindsey- I love my carbs, I really do. But I have to tell you that lowering the amount I eat has had a huge positive effect on me. The first week was horrible. I mean HORRIBLE but way better now. eventually I will be introducing carbs into my diet but I will have to learn to pair them with other things in order to help my body digest them properly. Not there yet.

Princess- Busy gal! But nice that you have family visiting during the holidays. DOn't worry about us, we know you will post when you slow down!

Dinner is grilled BL/SL chicken thighs, broccoli and salad. Buddy hates broccoli so I am adding a lot of fresh cucumber and tomato to the salad. Poor guy won't want to eat much, he was up at 1:30 this morning to be to work for 3AM> I got up with him but eventually went back to bed. I am worth nothing now.
Nancyg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #119
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Actually Shabu Shabu would be a great meal for your husband, all protein and veggies (as long as he skipped the Udon noodles).
...sounds like something you'd find at Seaworld.
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 06-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #120
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
....On this one I am losing fatty tissue all over. SO far over 9 inches total....
...wow, that's AWESOME!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: