Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #946
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067
....my brother is out of surgery and is resting....they have to wait 2 days to perform a biopsy; if there's still signs of infection, they have to go back in and amputate more of his leg....and then the same procedure happens all over again....please pray that they've taken enough off so that he may start recuperating....
Will do.:/
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #947
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Kim, your brother and the whole family is in my prayers

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 05:49 AM   #948
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....my brother is out of surgery and is resting....they have to wait 2 days to perform a biopsy; if there's still signs of infection, they have to go back in and amputate more of his leg....and then the same procedure happens all over again....please pray that they've taken enough off so that he may start recuperating....
Already been doing lots of that. And I'll head into the church on Friday and light some candles for you all.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #949
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....WFDT? That's the last thing on my mind today.....going to visit my brother down the shore, in the hospital....he has to have his foot amputated either today or Monday.... I'm so upset.....and my mom called, crying, because she can't do anything, since she lives in Puerto Rico....
Oh my God, Kim! I have no idea what to say. I missed this and feel so badly. First, the prayer circle here is powerful so know your brother is in Good Hands now.

I have to day that I am not lawsuit happy either but this is not an accident. The initial mistake might have been but was followed by unspeakable negligence. Your brother will need compensation in order to make sure that he is able to adapt to this atrocity! Please make sure your sister advocates for him. And again, I am so sorry that I missed your post
Old 10-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #950
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Oh, Kim! I'm praying as hard as I can, right now! I agree with what Nancy said. Your brother is going to need financial help with this! They should pay for their mistake!

Bless you all! How is your mom handling it all?

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane ~ The Light Between Oceans
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #951
LindsayDunn228
Quite a hunk of man, isn't he???
I laughed myself silly ... during the dancing

Hey, all! I'm slowly catching up, it's been nutty around here. My great grandmother died the other day so I've had a very long weekend. We weren't close or anything, but it's still difficult to lose someone.

Kim- oh my word!!!! How awful! I am so terribly sorry for everything that is going on

It's going to be another busy one around here. First of all, we are leaving for WDW this coming Saturday so I'll be a packing nut this week! I can't wait though. I need a break from everything that's been going on around here.

Dinner today was Subway. No time to cook with a funeral.

My prayers to all who are affected by Sandy. Nothing going on here (TN) except it's 49 degrees. That I can deal with
LindsayDunn228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #952
PrincessInOz
in

Lindsay - sorry for your loss. But have a great trip to the World.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 10-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #953
dgbg100106

Kimmar - as always my friend, your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Lindsay - prayers for your family and sorry for your loss, hope you have a great time in WDW.

Sandy - Bring it on, I am ready, I think....

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 10-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #954
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Wow! Prayers to everyone with all that is going on. We are coping and I am just looking forward to PIO's arrival.

It will not be without grief. Fran is in pain and will kvetch and be miserable throughout. We will just have to perservere and not let it ruin our fun. She tends to do that to me. I have to learn to not let her. If I let her take over my life I will never have fun.

I think I deserve a little fun for all the time I have put in. She thinks that God has decided she deserves to be punished. I actually think that God has given her this awful situation so that she will realize what she had before is good enough and needs to continue with life in her somewhat incapacitated state becuase it could be much worse. I think this is the much worse and she needs to appreciate the "not so bad".

I could never tell her that because she would go ballistic, but does that make sense to the rest of you?

I have a few hard days ahead of me and need to get to bed early to deal with it! Good night!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:31 AM   #955
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Wow! Prayers to everyone with all that is going on. We are coping and I am just looking forward to PIO's arrival.

It will not be without grief. Fran is in pain and will kvetch and be miserable throughout. We will just have to perservere and not let it ruin our fun. She tends to do that to me. I have to learn to not let her. If I let her take over my life I will never have fun.

I think I deserve a little fun for all the time I have put in. She thinks that God has decided she deserves to be punished. I actually think that God has given her this awful situation so that she will realize what she had before is good enough and needs to continue with life in her somewhat incapacitated state becuase it could be much worse. I think this is the much worse and she needs to appreciate the "not so bad".

I could never tell her that because she would go ballistic, but does that make sense to the rest of you?

I have a few hard days ahead of me and need to get to bed early to deal with it! Good night!

Makes perfect sense.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:11 AM   #956
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Just checking in to see how Kimmar's brother is doing. Kim- your family continues to be in my prayers.

brandi- You all set? I feel as if I have bought every store out! I started sopping on Thursday to avoid the crowds. I gave Marisa a list on Friday and then I shopped again on Saturday. Sunday rolled around and i spotted my favorite store open when I was coming home from work so I stopped in again so I could pick up "a few more things" and some things for W. Then Marisa and Jeff went out and i asked for more donuts and some Bud Lime for Buddy. And I look like a lightweight compared to Marisa

Allison- Sweetie, you need to get some support. It sounds like all of the pain has really had a devastating effect on Fran and by extension on you. People tend to worry about the person who is suffering the physical symptoms of an illness but forget that shoulder who is holding their partner up. I think that this has gone on long enough and that you need some bolstering up. There is no way you can continue to do this alone. I am not saying that Fran's pain and suffering is not valid but I think that you are under-appreciated and exhausted and need some help or you are going to collapse.

Okay- we are under a heavy storm warning. This storm should be a doozy and the coastal area of the mid-Atlantic States and new England are probably going to be hit very hard. We are inland but the winds are predicted to be strong so hopefully the power will not go down. The Sound communities are in trouble if this happens the way the weather folks predict with the rivers running backwards. The water gets pushed into the Sound and has no way to return to open ocean so the surge is profound. These communities hve not recovered from irene so please those folks in your prayers.

I'll be back as long as we have power but please stay safe all of my friends in the path!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:18 AM   #957
LindsayDunn228
Quite a hunk of man, isn't he???
I laughed myself silly ... during the dancing

It makes perfect sense, dearheart.
LindsayDunn228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #958
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayDunn228 View Post
It makes perfect sense, dearheart.
Lindsay-I am so sorry that I missed the passing of your GGram.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #959
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

Alison, I can tell you from my experiences, that some lesson are learned the hard way.

I went through a lot of hard/bad situations in my previous life, and can tell that my life NOW is a blessing, and it does allow me to appreciate everything and know that it is worth everything I went through to get here.

Keep up your strength and I believe it will pay off in the end, Fran will appreciate everything and be a much happier person for it.

Hugs and prayers coming your way.

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 10-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #960
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
Just checking in to see how Kimmar's brother is doing. Kim- your family continues to be in my prayers.

brandi- You all set? I feel as if I have bought every store out! I started sopping on Thursday to avoid the crowds. I gave Marisa a list on Friday and then I shopped again on Saturday. Sunday rolled around and i spotted my favorite store open when I was coming home from work so I stopped in again so I could pick up "a few more things" and some things for W. Then Marisa and Jeff went out and i asked for more donuts and some Bud Lime for Buddy. And I look like a lightweight compared to Marisa

Allison- Sweetie, you need to get some support. It sounds like all of the pain has really had a devastating effect on Fran and by extension on you. People tend to worry about the person who is suffering the physical symptoms of an illness but forget that shoulder who is holding their partner up. I think that this has gone on long enough and that you need some bolstering up. There is no way you can continue to do this alone. I am not saying that Fran's pain and suffering is not valid but I think that you are under-appreciated and exhausted and need some help or you are going to collapse.

Okay- we are under a heavy storm warning. This storm should be a doozy and the coastal area of the mid-Atlantic States and new England are probably going to be hit very hard. We are inland but the winds are predicted to be strong so hopefully the power will not go down. The Sound communities are in trouble if this happens the way the weather folks predict with the rivers running backwards. The water gets pushed into the Sound and has no way to return to open ocean so the surge is profound. These communities hve not recovered from irene so please those folks in your prayers.

I'll be back as long as we have power but please stay safe all of my friends in the path!
I can tell you that we have plenty of germ killer in this house, we may run out of food but germ killer is well stocked!

I have cooked enough food for four days, that can be reheated or cooked on the grill. Most of the perishable products should be consumed by the second day without any problems.

One of the better things this time, than the July power outage (Drencho sp?) is that it is cold now. We can place things in the garage to keep them cool, and no need for air! We can snuggle under the blankets.

We made sure we had all our medication filled and plenty of water.

I think we are set on everything else, got candles out around the house, with things to light them.

We are expected to have around 70MPH winds, and I know we will be out of power, the power company says up to 2 weeks! Ughhhh.

The wind is going to be our biggest problem.

Stay safe everyone.

2013 Cruising adventures

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: