Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #31
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Evening folks!

Not much going on around here. Elbow is still about the same. Did some packing, and cleaned what I could.

Dinner was a frozen lasagna.

Anyone have a good recipe for ribs in the crock pot?

Hoping for Dec. 2015!
pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:45 AM   #32
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Evening everyone.

Dinner tonight was a vegetable and chick pea soup. We had it with low GI bread, which was surprisingly soft and fluffy.

Back to work tomorrow; and we're out to have beer and pizza with the other parents from DS school. Its at an uber-popular microbrewery and I'm actually looking forward to it. I don't drink...but might be tempted to try out the beer tomorrow night.

Have a good day everyone.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2012, 04:58 AM   #33
PrincessInOz
in

Hong Kong Dinner on Day 5

Hong Kong Day 5 Dinner at Eky Banquet

After being rained out at Ocean Park, we headed to Causeway Bay Hong Kong for dinner.

Our restaurant for this night’s dinner.

Eky Banquet is located on the 9th Floor, Windsor House, 311 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay.

We were in for another Yue style Chinese banquet dinner again tonight.

Gai Lan (Chinese Broccoli) vegetables.

Black Chicken – it is actually the Silkie chicken. They have a blue/black skin and is traditionally used with chinese herbs for ‘tonic’ purposes. Supposedly it helps fight fatigue and enhances bone density.

The Silkie (black) chicken was a double-serve dish. Aside from the meat, we also got the herbal soup.

Garlic Prawns – beautifully cooked.

This was the Special Fried Rice. This rice was a specialty of the restaurant – they do fry the rice. But after it is fried, it is wrapped in lotus leaf with the shrimp and then steamed.

The fried fish and vegetable dish. The sauce was a little bland but every component in the dish was perfectly cooked.

The highlight of this meal was the Lobster noodles. I could have personally done with ginger in the dish but the noodles and lobster were wonderful.

The vegetarian dish – various mushrooms, vegetables and bamboo shoot. Lots of soft textures.

Pork Spare Ribs in a plum/orange sauce. Amazingly delicious and tasty.

Another fish dish; this one in soya sauce. I couldn’t decide if the fish had been steamed or if it had been pan fried.

The freebie house dessert was a bowl of sweet red bean soup (Hung Tau Tsui). The Hong Kong chefs like to add a bit of orange peel to the soup during the cooking process so that there is a bit of orange bitterness to balance the sweetness of this ‘soup’.

Causeway Bay? It's become a fashionable place to shop with the yuppies because of the more up-market and western style shops in the area.

Despite the fashion malls, you can still find remnants of "old Hong Kong" here.

And neon.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 06-14-2012, 05:00 AM   #34
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
Evening folks!

Not much going on around here. Elbow is still about the same. Did some packing, and cleaned what I could.

Dinner was a frozen lasagna.

Anyone have a good recipe for ribs in the crock pot?

Hope your elbow is feeling better and that your ribs in the crockpot turned out well....so that you can share your recipe here.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #35
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
I’m SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I had 11 full days in Hong Kong. For 9.5 of those days, we walked round in that murky grey fog. Just when I was sick in bed and about to head home, the sun came out. ....
...figures...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #36
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

...PiO, everything in your meal looked great, except for that Black Chicken...BLECCCCHHH!!!!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 06-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #37
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Back to work tomorrow; and we're out to have beer and pizza with the other parents from DS school. Its at an uber-popular microbrewery and I'm actually looking forward to it. I don't drink...but might be tempted to try out the beer tomorrow night.
PIO- try the beer. I almost never drink any beer but when we go to the microbrewery near our home I will have one of their crafted selections. They are delicious! Well, I like them. Buddy does not. He likes BUD. He did branch out and will have a Bud Lite Lime now My DSIL cringes every time he sees him with one

We went to see Riverdance last night. It was crazy good! WE are talking some really fast feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The rest of the family went out to eat but my nutritionist had a fit with me last week so Buddy and I ate at home because I am weak weak weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made a big salad for me topped with chicken salad/ I used Walden Farms mayo. Brussels sprouts on the side. I made a regular chicken salad for Buddy.

Tonight I am a bit up in the air. I have to take his cousin to pick up her gown and I need to steam the Bride's veil (she would wear it like that) and have to clean my dirty house. I think something on the grill and a large salad and steamed veggie.
Nancyg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #38
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Morning all. Tons of errands to run today, so dinner tonight will be a simple chicken casserole that I can just throw together and bake for about an hour. Easy and mindless.

Had "the talk" with the twins yesterday. It went better than I thought it would. However, comments they both made really brought home how different they are! I was laughing inside at some of the comments they made! How I love my kids!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #39
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Hi my friends,

I didn't mean to drop off of the planet - Sorry. I had payroll and checks to write on Tuesday. When it is payroll week my Tuesdays and Wednesdays are jam packed.

We have been going to our States "Biggest" Rodeo - NebraskaLand Days. We went last night and will go again tonight, Friday and Saturday. We look forward to this all year. Actually there are activities all day for 2 weeks, with a HUGE parade on Saturday and will continue through next Saturday with the Toby Keith concert. North Platte is about 45 minutes East of us. Last night I made sandwiches, chips and a pop for the ride. I don't like to eat rodeo food every night. Probably on Saturday we will eat there for a treat. We are taking Ethan and Liam with us.

Pigletgirl ~ I have a good recipe for ribs in the crockpot. Sorry I didn't see this earlier. If you still want it I will get it for you.

Nancy ~ You're willpower is amazing. I am so proud of you.

PIO ~ wonderful pictures. I have so enjoyed them.

Glynis ~ Kids!!! They truly are what keep us young and on our toes. Glad it went so good.

Kimmar ~ I have to agree with the Black Chicken.

WFDT ~ Subways on the way to the rodeo. Weeeeeeeeee....I can't wait.

Make it a great day!!

Ellen
EJ4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #40
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post
Kimmar ~ I have to agree with the Black Chicken.
...doesn't looking appetizing AT ALL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney
....you're takin' the subway to the rodeo?
Old 06-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #41
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post

Had "the talk" with the twins yesterday. It went better than I thought it would. However, comments they both made really brought home how different they are! I was laughing inside at some of the comments they made! How I love my kids!

Quote:

Make it a great day!!
Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #42
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Quote:
Pigletgirl ~ I have a good recipe for ribs in the crockpot. Sorry I didn't see this earlier. If you still want it I will get it for you.
Yes, if you are able to do so, I would so appreciate! Baby back ribs were on sale and I would like to use them. I've seen such varying reviews on different recipes, that I'm not even sure which one to use.

Off to bible study tonight! Grilled cheese and whatever else is WFD.

Have a great night.

Hoping for Dec. 2015!
pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #43
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

So when I made the lemon cake that PIO put up, I forgot to take photos of everything...

I started out well, here is the sugar and lemon zest....

and then here is the result

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #44
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Brandi- I am drooling all over the screen!

Dinner is settled Grilled pork chops. a sweet potato for buddy, baked and finished on the grill and a green veggie. I made a salad so I am pretty much good to go until I have to fire up the grill. Buddy is at the fiels I think so late dinner.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #45
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

So I've been MIA for a few days. Less than a week until our audit. This is going to be the biggest test of our relationship. We've been through both of her parents going insane and suffering long and senile deaths, but I think this audit is going to be the biggest test.

Combined with the fact that she just found out that the Auburn Speedster she has been wanting to buy for the past week or more was just sold to someone else, I'm going to have a very moody Fran on my hands. Her wounds are sort of healing, but she keeps having new ones open. I missed Monday's Dr. appt, but that was a good thing because he had to do a debridement that would have sent me reeling. We were supposed to go out to DL for two nights tonight, but she was in too much pain so we skipped that. It's OK, the points we used to book the reservation were in holding so we would have eventually lost them anyways.

I thought we might go out tomorrow to check out some new stuff, but it looks like that won't happen since she is so depressed about not getting the car, but at least I had a nice steak for dinner tonight. She passed on dinner and I just made her a sandwich before going to bed. Hopefully this will all pass and soon we will be happy again. However, I really enjoyed my steak dinner and am not going to let her depression get me down.

Now all we need is to find a piano player for Sunday's rehearsal, we have an ad on Craigslist, but I'm not sure at what point to either cancel the rehearsal or go with the no pianist!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: