Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #661
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I love seeing DVC CMs that I have met before, and just like with you Kristen, they remember me! Pretty awesome (:

Buzz was MUMBLING?! I have heard of characters doing that before. Very strange!

SO. MANY. FOOD. PICTURES. HOLY. GOD.

I am so sad about the oreo bon bons. WHY DID THEY TAKE THEM AWAY?!?!?!?!

Cutest. Pin. Board. EVER.

I love your Snow White bow, Kristen!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #662
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

That's awesome how you guys ran into your CM friend, Pete again. I wish I had CM friends and you guys just have SOOOOO many. I need to chat with more of them more often. Time to up the anti on how many ADRs I make on trips. That might be beneficial!

LOL @ your picture on ToT, you guys are hilarious! And yeah, I'm pretty sure most people have charged their phones while in line for something. I definitely got to take note of that since my iPhone barely survives a day too. Love your photos with Buzz and Woody, though that is creepy he was mumbling. New York scarred me for life on characters in the suits talking *shivers* Thank goodness it only happens so rarely in Disney.

Mmmmm, Cape May Cafe! Definitely on my ADR list for my next trip. Everything there just sounds so good! Oreo bonbons, clam chowder, crab legs... oh I need some more sustenance now. No wonder you guys hit a food wall there! All that goodness and then too much of it... I'm not sure I could handle that myself. Good thing you got through it okay... I think. Love the pin board they have there, very creative (:

Can't wait to read more!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #663
emma212010
DIS Veteran

I totally understand the food wall! It happens every time! Lol!

Jeez! Buzz talking? That's so bizarre!!!!! I'd probably cry! Hahahaha

Omg I love 50s Prime Time so much!!! That fried chicken is absolutely amazing! <3

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 01-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #664
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePluto View Post
Definite photographic evidence of having hit the food wall!
Hahaha but really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
You and Pete are so cute, he sounds like your Disney Fairy Godfather. hahaha

Not cool that Buzz was mumbling! Ew.

Lmao Jess. "I just like to eat." Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Dead @ the food wall picture. Frumps. YAY for being food drunk though!!!!!
He really is!
I know, it was super scary.
#frumplife
LOL sooo much food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
EW, Buzz was mumbling??? What in God's name? That's freaky. I thought he knew better.

Seriously, Mike's plates look like he was out digging at the beach and decided to eat it. AHHHH seafood scares me.

The food wall picture is hilarious. Omg. NO MORE FOOD.
I know it was scary!

LOL we were so done! I couldn't do it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I love seeing DVC CMs that I have met before, and just like with you Kristen, they remember me! Pretty awesome (:

Buzz was MUMBLING?! I have heard of characters doing that before. Very strange!

SO. MANY. FOOD. PICTURES. HOLY. GOD.

I am so sad about the oreo bon bons. WHY DID THEY TAKE THEM AWAY?!?!?!?!

Cutest. Pin. Board. EVER.

I love your Snow White bow, Kristen!
That's awesome!
Yeah it was scary I did not like!
I KNOW SO MUCH FOOD.
I DON'T KNOW.
It really is!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
That's awesome how you guys ran into your CM friend, Pete again. I wish I had CM friends and you guys just have SOOOOO many. I need to chat with more of them more often. Time to up the anti on how many ADRs I make on trips. That might be beneficial!

LOL @ your picture on ToT, you guys are hilarious! And yeah, I'm pretty sure most people have charged their phones while in line for something. I definitely got to take note of that since my iPhone barely survives a day too. Love your photos with Buzz and Woody, though that is creepy he was mumbling. New York scarred me for life on characters in the suits talking *shivers* Thank goodness it only happens so rarely in Disney.

Mmmmm, Cape May Cafe! Definitely on my ADR list for my next trip. Everything there just sounds so good! Oreo bonbons, clam chowder, crab legs... oh I need some more sustenance now. No wonder you guys hit a food wall there! All that goodness and then too much of it... I'm not sure I could handle that myself. Good thing you got through it okay... I think. Love the pin board they have there, very creative (:

Can't wait to read more!
Haha well do a DCP and you'll make lots of CM friends!
Yeah I didn't like that he mumbled! I like when the illusion is real because I honestly don't see them as anything more than the character!
Yeah you'll love it! I don't know if they have the oreo bon bons anymore. I hope they bring them back! And pshh if you're a frump you can handle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
I totally understand the food wall! It happens every time! Lol!

Jeez! Buzz talking? That's so bizarre!!!!! I'd probably cry! Hahahaha

Omg I love 50s Prime Time so much!!! That fried chicken is absolutely amazing! <3

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Haha right though?
I know!
Me too, it's one of my top favorites!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #665
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Update #19: The Magic, The Memories, and Wishes! (Part 1)
May 15th, 2012

Alright everyone, just like my other trip reports, we are going to start wrapping this one up in a speedy fashion. I'm sorry to be rushing, but I won't have a lot of time on my DCP to keep up with everything. We are finishing up Kristen's portion of the trip first and and then I'll post about my mini-mother daughter trip that occurred after, so stay tuned for the next week and a half for lots of updates! Thanks for reading! (:

We got to the Magic Kingdom and noticed that the storm left some funky clouds looming over the park.

There was a BEAUTIFUL rainbow after the storm. It was absolutely gorgeous. My favorite thing in the entire world is when the sky/nature makes Disney even more amazing than it already is. It's always so breathtaking to me.

It's perfect. It feels to me like I can feel God's happiness with all the good that is Disney. (:

Our first stop in the Magic Kingdom was the Emporium! Kristen and I went to buy Zip-Ups! AH I love this sweatshirt. I wear it all the time.

I love that zip-up! So comfy.

Then we went straight to the Jungle Cruise! We got in the 20 minute line.

While we were waiting in line, this lady a row behind us got our attention and said "excuse me? Aren't you guys 'the frumps' from disboards?" WHY YES WE ARE!!!! We were recognized by fnrsgrl and we took a picture together! It was so awesome to get recognized and to see someone get so excited about meeting us! WE FELT LIKE CELEBRITIES! It was so cool. It was so great to meet you, fnrsgrl!

She was so sweet! It was such an exciting moment!!

We got on our Jungle Cruise boat and were seated in the very back. Our skipper's name was Nick. He was precious. He did a good job and I was laughing at his jokes, so I'd say that was a successful cruise.

Don't take that rock formation for granite!

Watch out... Ginger SNAPS! She's one tough cookie.

Trader Sam will give him two of his heads for one of yours!

We wanted to stay back and meet our Dis-friend after her cruise, but Mike got snippy and wanted to go. So we left and went to the Haunted Mansion.

It was his last night in Disney and he wanted to make the most of it. Can't say that I blame him!

Then we went to Space Mountain which was a WALK ON! I sat in the front!!

We stopped at Auntie Gravity's and some snacks were purchased:

Like how was Dave even eating ice cream after Cape May. I DON'T KNOW.

Then we went to the bridge between Tomorrowland and Main Street so we could watch the nighttime entertainment!

It was SUCH an amazing spot for The Magic, The Memories, and You! (RIP) You could actually see the projections when you were that close and it was amazing. I'm happy that one of my last times seeing it was in that location. I was very satisfied with my pictures!

The Tangled part made me tear up, as usual. GAH I have so much love for that movie.

WALT. e

For everyone who hasn't seen Celebrate the Magic yet, you will be BLOWN AWAY. If you thought MM&Y was amazing, you ain't seen nothin' yet! It's INCREDIBLE. I AM OBSESSED.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 01-09-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #666
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Update #19: The Magic, The Memories, and Wishes! (Part 2)
May 15th, 2012

OPEN UP YOUR HEART AND LET THE MEMORIES BEGIN! Sigh, I’m gonna miss that soundtrack. It was my favorite.

As far as Wishes, that wasn't the best spot because the fireworks set off far away were blocked by the trees. However, I felt like I was right in the middle of the action because I was so close to the castle.

My friend Alicia told me this story that our friend Bobby told her about Wishes. Apparently the little girl who sings the song ("star light, star bright...") was a Make-A-Wish child, and her wish was to sing for Disney. So they recorded this song and got it all ready. I believe the little girl had cancer and she actually passed away before she even got to see Wishes. That story breaks my heart every time I hear/tell it. I thought I'd share it with you so you can keep that little girl in your thoughts every time you hear the Wishes soundtrack. The beautiful thing is that her dream came true and many years later, her voice is still being heard at the Magic Kingdom every night!

Isn't that the saddest thing you've ever heard!? Feel free to sob.

I actually smile whenever I hear her voice, because I know that she's in a better place, not suffering, and that her dream came true! That's all we can all hope for, really. Her legacy lives on with the true Disney lovers every single day. (:

After Wishes, we stopped at Casey's so Mike and Katie could get corn dog nuggets.

You may be wondering how Mike fit anything into his stomach after his 10 plates at Cape May.

YEAH. SO AM I.

We went and got a table in that cove area near the "singing studio." It was a nice little quiet space to relax before we headed back to the resort.

I love that little nook! It's so precious.

Bathroom mirror pic! How frumpy.

Time to go!

We took the bus to Saratoga Springs and went to the hot tub for a little while. Then we went back to the room and packed up. Here is my pin collection for the day:

I fell asleep by 1:30 am! Sweet Dreams!

Continued in Next Post
Old 01-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #667
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

AGGGHHH omg I cry like crazy during wishes as it is ,now I'm in trouble the next time for sure YIKES!!!!

Old 01-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #668
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Wooooo I love all these updates happening one after the other.

I love that people in the parks directly address you as THE FRUMPS.

You both have the prettiest hair. Mine is finally finally starting to look LONG-ISH again. Seriously don't cut your hair. I used to hate when people would tell me that and I'd be like I'LL DO WHAT I WANT THANKS BYE but yeah. Now I see it was good advice. D:

WHOA WHOA WHOA. Those M, M, & Y pics are AMAZING!!! Celebrate The Magic had not yet begun when I was there, but I am SO excited to see it! I hated that there wasn't a castle show to watch at the time.

Omg I just teared up at that story. I've always loved that part, her voice is so precious. I'm so happy her dream came true. Yesterday my mom told me a story that made me smile... she used to be a case worker at a shelter for teen moms and one of the babies was born with a heart condition so she got a make a wish trip and she's finally going to Disney this year. So her grandma took her to the Disney store and bought her one princess outfit for every day that she will be in the parks. GAH. These poor kids, I don't even know. I hope they have the most magical trips of all.

THEY ATE AGAIN? hahahaha Honestly I think I eat a lot at Disney but you guys/your families out-eat me.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #669
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Ahhh what a cute little DISmeet!

That was a great spot for MMY! I miss it so, but I'm excited to see Celebrate the Magic too!

Oh my gosh, that story breaks my heart every time too. I feel like someone on here told me... actually, I think it was Timmy! BAH. It's so sweet and every time I'd watch it on my last trip it was so bittersweet to hear her beautiful little voice. What an angel.

TWO Muppet pins? That is definitely a what Joni and I would call a 'pin win.' You're PINNING! (We're cool and you know it. )

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 01-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #670
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Yay for being recognized by a DIS'er!

Wow, you got some amazing pictures of the Castle! I got goosebumps several times this update! 1) Tangled on the Castle 2) Walt on the Castle 3) The story about the girl who sings in Wishes!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #671
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Yay for dis meets! If I saw someone from the dis, I'd be too shy to say anything.

The story about the girl who sings swishes isn't quite true she's alive and well!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #672
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
The story about the girl who sings swishes isn't quite true she's alive and well!
charity farris, i think. yes, that's just an urban legend that she died. (some of the CMs probably believe it, though.)

Last edited by chalee94; 01-09-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #673
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

GAWRSH!!!!So MANY Frump Trip Reports and so MANY Frump TR Updates!!!!

My head feels like it is on the Mad Tea Party!!!!

That is too cool about DVC Pete!I think we should bestow him the title of "Honorary Frump" with full membership rights and privileges!

The picture of the Main Street USA Train Station with the rainbow in the sky is TOO gorgeous!

What is even more amazing about the picture is that the Flag is at half-staff for National Peace Officer's Memorial Day!It is like the rainbow "appeared" just to pay tribute to our lost Peace Officers!

How awesome that you Frumps were recognized by a DISER!!!!
That is so sad that Mike wouldn't let you meet your public!

I'm sure he was just hungry,but,I mean,he needs to understand that Celebrities need time with their Fans!!!!

I am now going to take some Dramamine.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #674
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Omg luvin so many things about your update. Luvin the zip-up they have Duffy on the hoodie I need one. Also love the pics from MMAY. I never thought of standing there for it the pics turned out fab. I also love how it looks like Magic Kingdom is at the end of the Rainbow
Old 01-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #675
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
AGGGHHH omg I cry like crazy during wishes as it is ,now I'm in trouble the next time for sure YIKES!!!!
Haha ah well I'm finding out that it may have only been a cast member urban legend.... but STILL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Wooooo I love all these updates happening one after the other.

I love that people in the parks directly address you as THE FRUMPS.

You both have the prettiest hair. Mine is finally finally starting to look LONG-ISH again. Seriously don't cut your hair. I used to hate when people would tell me that and I'd be like I'LL DO WHAT I WANT THANKS BYE but yeah. Now I see it was good advice. D:

WHOA WHOA WHOA. Those M, M, & Y pics are AMAZING!!! Celebrate The Magic had not yet begun when I was there, but I am SO excited to see it! I hated that there wasn't a castle show to watch at the time.

Omg I just teared up at that story. I've always loved that part, her voice is so precious. I'm so happy her dream came true. Yesterday my mom told me a story that made me smile... she used to be a case worker at a shelter for teen moms and one of the babies was born with a heart condition so she got a make a wish trip and she's finally going to Disney this year. So her grandma took her to the Disney store and bought her one princess outfit for every day that she will be in the parks. GAH. These poor kids, I don't even know. I hope they have the most magical trips of all.

THEY ATE AGAIN? hahahaha Honestly I think I eat a lot at Disney but you guys/your families out-eat me.
Why thank you! I'm glad you can keep up!
BAHAHA Lia, they really do though. "Are you one of those frump girls?" Like... this is my life. And I'm not mad.
Aww thank you! Don't worry... I will never cut my hair unless I HAVE to. And I'm glad yours is getting longer!
Thank you!! I only saw CTM from a distance but I am REALLY looking forward to seeing it for real. I just know I'm gonna cry. I freaking LOVE castle projection shows.
Aww that's such a beautiful story! I'm glad Disney can help make their dreams come true.. no matter how small!
I KNOW. I was dead at that point though so no more food for me! (until the next day.....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Ahhh what a cute little DISmeet!

That was a great spot for MMY! I miss it so, but I'm excited to see Celebrate the Magic too!

Oh my gosh, that story breaks my heart every time too. I feel like someone on here told me... actually, I think it was Timmy! BAH. It's so sweet and every time I'd watch it on my last trip it was so bittersweet to hear her beautiful little voice. What an angel.

TWO Muppet pins? That is definitely a what Joni and I would call a 'pin win.' You're PINNING! (We're cool and you know it. )
It was!
I think I will miss the soundtrack more than anything... but CTM looks AWESOME. I only saw it from a distance so I can't wait to see it again!
I don't know if it's an urban legend or what... but it's' so sad. I love the soundtrack whether it's true or not!
PIN WIN AND PIN PUN! DOUBLE WHAMMY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Yay for being recognized by a DIS'er!

Wow, you got some amazing pictures of the Castle! I got goosebumps several times this update! 1) Tangled on the Castle 2) Walt on the Castle 3) The story about the girl who sings in Wishes!
Woohoo!
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
Yay for dis meets! If I saw someone from the dis, I'd be too shy to say anything.

Aww well if you ever saw me, feel free to say hi! I'm not scary!
Ahh it must've been a CM urban legend. Oh well. I'm just reporting back what I was told!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94 View Post
charity farris, i think. yes, that's just an urban legend that she died. (some of the CMs probably believe it, though.)
Yes, apparently lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
GAWRSH!!!!So MANY Frump Trip Reports and so MANY Frump TR Updates!!!!

My head feels like it is on the Mad Tea Party!!!!

That is too cool about DVC Pete!I think we should bestow him the title of "Honorary Frump" with full membership rights and privileges!

The picture of the Main Street USA Train Station with the rainbow in the sky is TOO gorgeous!

What is even more amazing about the picture is that the Flag is at half-staff for National Peace Officer's Memorial Day!It is like the rainbow "appeared" just to pay tribute to our lost Peace Officers!

How awesome that you Frumps were recognized by a DISER!!!!
That is so sad that Mike wouldn't let you meet your public!

I'm sure he was just hungry,but,I mean,he needs to understand that Celebrities need time with their Fans!!!!

I am now going to take some Dramamine.
Yup yup! Lots of updates coming your way!
We love Pete!
Thank you! Yeah that really is beautiful!
It was really cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Omg luvin so many things about your update. Luvin the zip-up they have Duffy on the hoodie I need one. Also love the pics from MMAY. I never thought of standing there for it the pics turned out fab. I also love how it looks like Magic Kingdom is at the end of the Rainbow
Thank you so much! I love that hoodie! And thank you! I love those pictures too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: