Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #646
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 10,849

508,great score on TSMM!

I have been close to breaking the 200,000 barrier but haven't made it yet.

The CMs told me about some Easter Eggs I wasn't aware of during my last trip(the Volcano EE is my favorite)so maybe I will join the 200,000 Club soon!

What's this about Merida ALSO being Ariel and Cinderella?How can that be?

I guess next you'll be telling me Santa Claus isn't real!Only 4 more days!

Last edited by WEDWDW; 12-21-2012 at 08:27 PM.
WEDWDW is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #647
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager
 
PlutosRHM55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?
Posts: 10,501

That's so awesome you got to have the same waiters over again. I absolutely love that video from your Bathrobe Princesses trip! It's just so funny and I still think the best part is when Tim drags her over to the corner with the chair. That is the first time I've ever seen that happen lol And that is interesting how they are allowed to have beards now. Disney must be loosening up a bit now. The food there looks awesome as always. That Meatloaf does look really good! Could totally go for that. Mmm, mmm...

to the Mickey drawings! I'm so nervous to do the Animation Academy now I know that the pencils don't have erasers. Uggghhh... still looks fun! Love the 'Smore vinylmation! And yeah those adverts are pretty cool.

Merida does look a lot prettier than I would expect and her face does seem familiar, definitely looks like those Ariel/Cinderella pictures you showed us multiple times. And I really hope you get those shirts for you and Preston, Jess! They are so perfect for you guys!

Can't wait to read more!
PlutosRHM55 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #648
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran
 
marDgreen88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,819

Okay, Jess, I can tell that you are wearing the Magical Ribbons Minnie bow... but Kristen, I can't tell which one you're wearing! Or is it not a MR? I'm shocked, I thought I had all the designs memorized by now.

Woah, Mark looks SO different now! How fun that you saw both of those same waiters though! I remember that video.

The 50's meatloaf is just SO good. But everything there is good... hahaha.

Your Mickey drawings are too cute!
__________________
-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline  
Old 12-24-2012, 12:45 AM   #649
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

 
Disneyfreak508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living the dream. :)
Posts: 2,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathsf View Post
I loved the updates! I have never been to 50s Prime Time but after reading about it in your multiple TRs...I think I'd like to try it some day!
Thank you! Oh, you must go! It's such a fun experience!! I definitely consider it one of my top favorites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieeyre View Post
YUM.
I am definitely getting you two to help me write a list of all the food I need to try on my next trip!!
Love that the waiters are so friendly in 50's!!
Can't wait for the next update
I would love to! Just let me know if you ever need help!
I love it too! 50's is way too much fun!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelloweaver View Post
My daughter received the "dancing people" pin in a bag of 100 pins I got on Ebay for her to trade. She wanted to trade it away. I rescued it and it is now in my collection!
Hahaha I am so proud! Good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
That campfire/S'Mores Vinylmation might be my favorite Vinyl that isn't directly Disney related.
I know, it's super cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasia79 View Post
Disney onion rings are soooooo amazing. Luckily they're part of the new food pyramid, right? Right.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Right though!? Oh my God they make them perfectly! They exist in my food pyramid if that counts for anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
508,great score on TSMM!

I have been close to breaking the 200,000 barrier but haven't made it yet.

The CMs told me about some Easter Eggs I wasn't aware of during my last trip(the Volcano EE is my favorite)so maybe I will join the 200,000 Club soon!

What's this about Merida ALSO being Ariel and Cinderella?How can that be?

I guess next you'll be telling me Santa Claus isn't real!Only 4 more days!
Thank you!
You'll get there!
Yeah there are tricks. Certain targets release other higher score targets. I just have to figure out what they all are!
We think it's the same girl or a girl who looks very similar. Disney often casts character performers so they can be "friends" with multiple characters!
Oh no, no, Santa is real I love Santa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
That's so awesome you got to have the same waiters over again. I absolutely love that video from your Bathrobe Princesses trip! It's just so funny and I still think the best part is when Tim drags her over to the corner with the chair. That is the first time I've ever seen that happen lol And that is interesting how they are allowed to have beards now. Disney must be loosening up a bit now. The food there looks awesome as always. That Meatloaf does look really good! Could totally go for that. Mmm, mmm...

to the Mickey drawings! I'm so nervous to do the Animation Academy now I know that the pencils don't have erasers. Uggghhh... still looks fun! Love the 'Smore vinylmation! And yeah those adverts are pretty cool.

Merida does look a lot prettier than I would expect and her face does seem familiar, definitely looks like those Ariel/Cinderella pictures you showed us multiple times. And I really hope you get those shirts for you and Preston, Jess! They are so perfect for you guys!

Can't wait to read more!
Thank you! Haha the crazy antics that happen at 50's when the frumps go together are just too much! I love it! Yeah it weirds me out that they can have facial hair! I don't know, I personally like men clean shaven but to each his own.

Oh don't be nervous about it! Just draw lightly at first and then draw darker once you have your guidelines down!

Yeah I agree! And aww thanks! I want to get them for him for Christmas so I hope that they are still for sale when I get down there in 4 DAYS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Okay, Jess, I can tell that you are wearing the Magical Ribbons Minnie bow... but Kristen, I can't tell which one you're wearing! Or is it not a MR? I'm shocked, I thought I had all the designs memorized by now.

Woah, Mark looks SO different now! How fun that you saw both of those same waiters though! I remember that video.

The 50's meatloaf is just SO good. But everything there is good... hahaha.

Your Mickey drawings are too cute!
Kristen is just wearing a normal headband! Don't worry She wore it when she wore her Snow White costume for Halloween though! So it's still pretty Disney

I know he does! He's the best waiter.

Seriously!! I have a few groups of friends coming down to visit me while I'm on my DCP and we have 50's scheduled for both trips! I'm just so excited to go there!!!

__________________
Disneyfreak508 is offline  
Old 12-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #650
sue_88
DIS veteran
 
sue_88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 477

i have only eaten at prime time once but it was really good. i was really thirsty that day and had a vanilla coke that was the best soda i ever had.
i love the animation class. i have only done it twice but can't wait to do it again.
the i will be your mickey/minnie shirts are fun.
__________________



My first trip report. In progress!
Let's Start with Art!! A November 2013 Trip Report
[/URL]
sue_88 is offline  
Old 12-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #651
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
 
petals's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,232

Luvin your update.
Prime time scares me.
Why have they taken away the marble cupcake?

petals is offline  
Old 12-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #652
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 10,849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post

You'll get there!

Oh no, no, Santa is real I love Santa!
Thanks for the encouragement on TSMM!I used all the Easter Eggs I know,but still didn't break 200,000,BUT my disappointment was overshadowed by my excitement that Mr. Spell was FINALLY talking!

Thanks so much for clearing things up about Santa!After you said Ariel wasn't real,I was really worried about Santa because I have asked him to bring me another trip the The Walt Disney World Resort for Christmas!

I think my chances are good because I have been good ALL year long!(Well,there was that one "incident" with a South American Tour Group back in July,but hopefully Santa wasn't watching!)

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL FRUMPS AND TO ALL FRUMPS A GOOD DISNEY NIGHT!
WEDWDW is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #653
PrincePluto
Disneyholic
 
PrincePluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 299

Happy New Year, a couple days early...
__________________
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are..." - Jiminy Cricket

From Freezing to Sweating on a Daily Basis - A December 2013 Trip Report (Finished)

A 2010 Semi-Solo Trip Report (Retrospective) (Finished)

It's Deja Vu All Over Again! Another Unexpected Solo Trip (PTR-DONE)

Never Mind The Clever Title, Here's My Trip Report! - A December Solo Trip

February 1978 (Fort Wilderness), June 1992 (Off-Site), May 1997 (Off-Site), May 1999 (Off-Site), October 2008 (Off-Site timeshare), November 2009 (Off-Site timeshare), October 2010 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008)), July 2013 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008 and 2010)), December 2013 (Same timeshare as July 2013)




PrincePluto is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 06:38 AM   #654
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!
 
RachelNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,462

I have to say I'm going to be really upset when this TR ends. I love the back and forth that you two have and all the wacky frumpiness that comes together in one trip report!

I'm so eager to try Prime Time, but I know it'd only be fun with a bigger group. Maybe during my cousins trip in 2014! I love it when you remember CMs from previous trips. How funny that you were able to show the video! And gosh darn it, those onion rings look amazing! I crave the ones from Flame Tree. I don't know why they're so delicious and SO far away!
__________________
Always the Weird to my Ninja

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline  
Old 01-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #655
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

 
Disneyfreak508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living the dream. :)
Posts: 2,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_88 View Post
i have only eaten at prime time once but it was really good. i was really thirsty that day and had a vanilla coke that was the best soda i ever had.
i love the animation class. i have only done it twice but can't wait to do it again.
the i will be your mickey/minnie shirts are fun.
If I liked pop I would definitely try that! I bet it's delicious!
Me too!
Yeah I just bought some for my boyfriend's Christmas present! Shhh don't tell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin your update.
Prime time scares me.
Why have they taken away the marble cupcake?

Thank you!
It shouldn't!! It's so much fun!
I don't know.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
Thanks for the encouragement on TSMM!I used all the Easter Eggs I know,but still didn't break 200,000,BUT my disappointment was overshadowed by my excitement that Mr. Spell was FINALLY talking!

Thanks so much for clearing things up about Santa!After you said Ariel wasn't real,I was really worried about Santa because I have asked him to bring me another trip the The Walt Disney World Resort for Christmas!

I think my chances are good because I have been good ALL year long!(Well,there was that one "incident" with a South American Tour Group back in July,but hopefully Santa wasn't watching!)

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL FRUMPS AND TO ALL FRUMPS A GOOD DISNEY NIGHT!
Well that's good!
Haha no, he's real! You have to be REALLY good to get a vacation for Christmas!
I hope you had a good Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePluto View Post
Happy New Year, a couple days early...
Thank you! I hope you had a nice new year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I have to say I'm going to be really upset when this TR ends. I love the back and forth that you two have and all the wacky frumpiness that comes together in one trip report!

I'm so eager to try Prime Time, but I know it'd only be fun with a bigger group. Maybe during my cousins trip in 2014! I love it when you remember CMs from previous trips. How funny that you were able to show the video! And gosh darn it, those onion rings look amazing! I crave the ones from Flame Tree. I don't know why they're so delicious and SO far away!
Aww thank you so much!
Yes it's definitely the most fun when I go with Kristen or a group of friends. The waiters love to pick on people like us frumps, apparently. Disney onion rings are AMAZING. Gahh I love them.
__________________
Disneyfreak508 is offline  
Old 01-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #656
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

 
Disneyfreak508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living the dream. :)
Posts: 2,843

Update #18: The Food Wall Has Been Hit- Part 1


May 15th, 2012

We continued down Sunset Boulevard and stopped at the DVC kiosk to pin trade. And guess who was there!? None other than my favorite Cast Member, Pete! If you all don't remember Pete from my August TR, I met him at the DVC kiosk at the Polynesian in August 2011. He was so friendly and basically convinced my parents to buy DVC, so I feel personally indebted to him. He also talked to me about the College Program a lot, and told me that I would be a perfect candidate. He is probably the nicest and most sincere person I've ever met! When we saw him again, I told him who I was and when I'd seen him in August, and he remembered me! He gave me a hug and we took a picture together. It was so precious.



I was so happy to see Pete! My spirit and love for Disney is always renewed when I see Pete or another familiar face. They just show so much passion for what they do! I can't wait to be part of the family.

Now don't y'all go forgetting Pete! He might just show up again in future TR's! The man has become like an Uncle to me! He is so welcoming and basically wants to adopt me. It's adorable.

Anyway, after we chatted with Pete for a while we decided to head to Tower of Terror! It was basically a walk-on!



Afterward, we wanted to do Single Rider for Rock n' Roller Coaster, but the ride was down.

Then we went to Voyage of the Little Mermaid, but the next show was cutting it too close to our dinner ADR, so we decided to get out of line.

We headed to Pixar Place instead, and got in line to meet Woody and Buzz!

While we were in line, Jess and I decided that it was time to charge up the ol' iPhones!



We're Frumps. We got some weird looks, but I don't know why, because I've definitely seen people doing this before. Ah well.

It's always smart to bring an iPhone charger! Mine NEVER lasts through the day!

We waited about 20 minutes or so, and then it was our turn!



They were great! They both loved our Woody and Buzz nails! Buzz was mumbling a little bit, which sounded a little weird and kind of messed with the illusion, but it was okay.

I WAS TERRIFIED. BUZZ IS NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK TO ME.

Here we are with our best toy pals!


Mike and me!


Toy Story is Mike's favorite Pixar movie ever. We grew up with them and they were a bonding thing for us. So they definitely have a special place in our hearts. (:

Mike and Katie:


The whole gang!


We said goodbye to Andy's room and headed out of the park. We went over to the Friendship Boat dock and got right on a boat to the EPCOT resorts.

We got to the Yacht and Beach Club dock and got off there. We went over to the Beach Club and went inside the lobby. We had an ADR for Cape May!

FAVORITE. RESORT. EVER.

We were a little early so we checked in and waited a couple minutes. I soaked up the beauty of the Beach Club lobby. I'm obsessed with the EPCOT resorts. They're my favorite.

We were called and seated right by the buffet.

Here we are:


Our server was Barbi. She took our drink orders and we headed up to the buffet.

I started off with some clam chowder. This stuff is so good! I love it.


Then I moved on to my three favorites at Cape May!


Mike decided to just load up on the seafood:


Katie did the same:


Jess loaded up as well, but at least she had some variety:


I just like to eat.

Dave and I went with some variety as well, but not Mike and Katie.

They had seafood:


And MORE seafood:


I think the Dining Plan paid for itself for them during this one meal. They ate so much! Meanwhile, Jess and I were hitting a food wall. But we just had to get dessert! You don't come to Cape May and not have an oreo bon bon! If they're there, you eat them.

This is my philosophy.

However... they weren't there as of 12/31/12. ): WAHHH. I hope they come back but who knows for sure!

Dave joined us at the dessert buffet, and we had quite the selection going:




Meanwhile, Mike and Katie were still having seafood. They totally skipped dessert for more crab legs. Once Jess and I had officially hit our food wall, Katie had stopped eating as well. Food walls all around!

Jess and I were at breaking point, and I was becoming delirious because I was totally food drunk. Mike, however, was STILL eating.

Oh we were both SO food drunk. Like the most we have ever been. EVER.

But what's this? Why is someone headed our way with food!?

TURN AROUND. I CAN'T TAKE IT.

Continued in Next Post
__________________

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 01-06-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Disneyfreak508 is offline  
Old 01-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #657
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

 
Disneyfreak508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living the dream. :)
Posts: 2,843

Update #18: The Food Wall Has Been Hit- Part 2

May 15th, 2012

Jess and I were just about to pass out from delirium when we saw Barbi headed toward our table with desserts. Turns out that they were the Chocolate Cake/Mousse dessert from Captain's Grill at the Yacht Club. They were for our birthdays!





We were also given cards signed by all the characters that are at Cape May for breakfast!



They were so cute!

Now, as sweet as it was that Barbi brought us these, this is how we felt at the prospect of eating one more thing:


Two words, people. FOOD. WALL.

They were actually really delicious though!



I was determined to finish it all, so I went past delirium and into some other dimension in order to do so. And I did it!



BOOM.

And this is me afterward:




Food drunk, food coma, food wall. WHAM. WHAM. WHAM.

It's all wham.

Meanwhile, I was dead.

......

JUST KIDDING!

(kind of)


Meanwhile, Mike was JUST finishing eating.

Ladies and gents, the kid had 10 plates of food.

I'm not even kidding.

7 of those were crab legs.

This was his plate:




The kid is insane.

It is NOT fair that he can eat like that and not have to worry about gaining a single pound. SHARE SOME OF YOUR BLESSINGS, MICHAEL!


Once he was sufficiently stuffed, and basically turning into a crustacean, Barbi brought the bill and some salt water taffy!



We paid, left, and went to look around Beach Club Marketplace. We saw the cutest pin board EVER. It's a life vest!



I found an awesome Disneyland pin that I traded for.

Mike and I found some mugs to match our personalities.



Mirror pic!



And we headed out to the bus stop.

We waited about 20 minutes for a bus, and in the meantime we took pictures of our bows.

I had my Snow White one in that day!



Jess had in her Minnie Mouse bow.





We also saw an alligator in the water next to the bus stop. I'm not even kidding! Now I know why they tell ya not to swim in the lakes!

That and you would probably have to get a tetanus shot!


The bus showed up and we were off to the Magic Kingdom!



Continued in Next Post
__________________

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 01-09-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Disneyfreak508 is offline  
Old 01-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #658
PrincePluto
Disneyholic
 
PrincePluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
[CENTER]Update #18: The Food Wall Has Been Hit- Part 2


Mike and I found some mugs to match our personalities.



Definite photographic evidence of having hit the food wall!
__________________
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are..." - Jiminy Cricket

From Freezing to Sweating on a Daily Basis - A December 2013 Trip Report (Finished)

A 2010 Semi-Solo Trip Report (Retrospective) (Finished)

It's Deja Vu All Over Again! Another Unexpected Solo Trip (PTR-DONE)

Never Mind The Clever Title, Here's My Trip Report! - A December Solo Trip

February 1978 (Fort Wilderness), June 1992 (Off-Site), May 1997 (Off-Site), May 1999 (Off-Site), October 2008 (Off-Site timeshare), November 2009 (Off-Site timeshare), October 2010 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008)), July 2013 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008 and 2010)), December 2013 (Same timeshare as July 2013)




PrincePluto is offline  
Old 01-06-2013, 11:42 PM   #659
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,468

You and Pete are so cute, he sounds like your Disney Fairy Godfather. hahaha

Not cool that Buzz was mumbling! Ew.

Lmao Jess. "I just like to eat." Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Dead @ the food wall picture. Frumps. YAY for being food drunk though!!!!!
__disneygirl is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #660
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran
 
marDgreen88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,819

EW, Buzz was mumbling??? What in God's name? That's freaky. I thought he knew better.

Seriously, Mike's plates look like he was out digging at the beach and decided to eat it. AHHHH seafood scares me.

The food wall picture is hilarious. Omg. NO MORE FOOD.
__________________
-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: