Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #631
dramaqueenemj22
Mouseketeer

Hi! I just caught up on this trip report (and Jess' other one) and thought I would Sub this one too. It's pretty entertaining and I can't wait to hear more.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:12 AM   #632
PippiDancer
Mouseketeer

I love your Magic Kingdom bow! I just discovered magical ribbons and I would get all of her bows if I could. I just ordered a bunch of minis for our disney trip in january. Fingers crossed that the come in time

First Trip, December 2004
Graduation Trip, January 2013: PTR, TR (completed!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #633
sue_88
DIS veteran

what a great day! I love TSM. and i also am a bit obsessed with the animation/drawing class. i have my drawings on my wall and they make me happy.
i am going to mail something from the main street mailboxes next time for sure! i always forget you can do that.

My first trip report. In progress!
Let's Start with Art!! A November 2013 Trip Report
[/URL]
Old 12-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #634
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelmarisa View Post
I loooove the expression of the guy half cut off in your previous frumpy orange crayon picture
Hahaha that's our friend Dan actually. He looks so funny in that trip report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchaholic View Post
I am lovin your frumpy farty report , I seriously feel like you two could be my besties , ok , gotta realized i've aged , so maybe my daughter's

What you have done is put my need to be there again into overdrive , great report , keep it up just a bit longer , it should set me into planning mode !!!!
Haha aww thank you! I'm glad you think so.

I know... writing these reports makes me want to go so bad too! Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueenemj22 View Post
Hi! I just caught up on this trip report (and Jess' other one) and thought I would Sub this one too. It's pretty entertaining and I can't wait to hear more.
I'm glad you're here! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippiDancer View Post
I love your Magic Kingdom bow! I just discovered magical ribbons and I would get all of her bows if I could. I just ordered a bunch of minis for our disney trip in january. Fingers crossed that the come in time
Magical Ribbons is absolutely amazing. I wish I could buy them all too! I hope that your bows come in time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_88 View Post
what a great day! I love TSM. and i also am a bit obsessed with the animation/drawing class. i have my drawings on my wall and they make me happy.
i am going to mail something from the main street mailboxes next time for sure! i always forget you can do that.
Thank you! Yeah, TSM, the drawing class, and TOT are my three favorite things in Hollywood Studios!

Yeah it's so adorable! It took forever for the postcard to get to Preston, but I loved mailing it from the Magic Kingdom!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #635
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post

HAHAHA oh my goodness. That is way too funny.

Yes,it was so popular that Disney had stationed a Photopass Photographer there and there was a rumor that it was being added as a stop on Backstage Magic!

The "UP Boy" and Dad is one of the funniest things I have ever seen on The DIS!

It is absolutely AMAZING how they ACCIDENTALLY got in your shot!
(Hey,a Creeper's gonna Creep)
Old 12-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #636
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post

Yes,it was so popular that Disney had stationed a Photopass Photographer there and there was a rumor that it was being added as a stop on Backstage Magic!

The "UP Boy" and Dad is one of the funniest things I have ever seen on The DIS!

It is absolutely AMAZING how they ACCIDENTALLY got in your shot!
(Hey,a Creeper's gonna Creep)
Haha too funny.
Yeah he was too funny!

Old 12-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #637
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Yeah, all caught up! It seems once again a TR updates like crazy during my absence haha Well, I'm so glad I had a lot of enjoyable reading to do. You guys really upped the antics on this trip. You Frumps! lol Can't wait to read about how the trip unfolds from here on out!

Old 12-18-2012, 04:44 AM   #638
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Sum of sum thrills seriously cracked me up!!!

Awwhhh Disney skies you are beyond perfect, just stop it

I love TOT at night with the insanely bright flash!!! Going temporarily blind just makes it even more fun!

That orange crayon sure knows what's up and I'm glad he is finally getting some appreciation.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:25 AM   #639
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Update #17: COUSIN MARK IS ONLINE! (Part 1)
May 15th, 2012

I was so sound asleep this morning that I didn't even hear the wake up call. This was Kristen and family's last full day of Disney so it was time to get going!

I think I heard the wake up call. I probably ignored it.

We went to Hollywood Studios! The line to get in the park was ridiculously long. There was some construction going on so it was throwing everyone off.

Unfortunately we didn't get to Toy Story Mania until 9:16 am. 16 MINUTES BEHIND SCHEDULE. That's okay, though. We got fastpasses for 11 am - 12 pm.

We also got in line! I sat with Kristen, and I actually don't remember my score. Nothing impressive, obviously.

Our next stop was Starring Rolls, of course! I got my wonderful and amazing Red Velvet cupcake. Is anyone surprised, really?

Kristen tried the Marble cupcake, which they actually don't have anymore. Sadness. They replaced it with carrot cake, though, which I am dying to try.

I am OBSESSED with the marble cupcake. I'm so sad it's gone. ): But the carrot cake one is REALLY good!

Mike joined us and got dessert for breakfast - a cinnamon roll!

Katie and Dave got bagels.

Then someone got an iced coffee:

We went to Muppet Vision after we ate!

We found the key under the mat!

It's all in the details.

Did you all know that Bean Bunny was my imaginary friend when I was younger? Well, he was. And I am so proud of my child self.

My imaginary friend was Little Bear. We were precious.

THE FRUMPS ARE HOME!

I had a new appreciation for Statler and Waldorf after seeing the show. I don't know WHY because they have always been my favorite characters. But they were cracking me up SO MUCH that day. They're just great.

FRUMPS + MUPPET VISION 3-D = DEER FACE

Then we went on Star Tours!

It was already time for our Toy Story Mania fastpass so we went back again! I got my 2nd highest score of all time - 209,400! WOOHOO!

Then the Great Movie Ride was next. We FINALLY got on the cowboy side, and I figured out the trick. There are two long vehicles that take you into the movies. The front car is the cowboy and the back car is the gangster.

IT'S ABOUT TIME.

The difference between the two scenes is that they take place in different rooms. In the cowboy scene, the building lights on fire! And there's a cowboy, obviously.

Our cowboy had a very booming yet raspy voice. It was almost a little too much.

Then we walked through some stores. We went under the hat and bought a couple pins. I bought Preston a Mickey Brazil pin because his Dad was born in Brazil and they have his favorite soccer team! He LOVES that pin.

After my purchase, we went to 50's Prime Time Cafe and checked in for lunch a little bit early. We were seated in about 3 minutes. Our table was in this obscure little room that I never knew existed!

The waitress told us that our cousin would be over soon. Kristen thought they said cousin "Bob" but she actually said "cousin MARK."

Umm.... COUSIN MARK WAS OUR WAITER FROM THE JANUARY TRIP AND THE ONE THAT KRISTEN MET THAT PAST JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Flashback Photo to January 2011!)

We told him that we have had him as our waiter before. He didn't seem to remember who we were, but we showed him the January frump video and he was like, "OH YEAH that is me!"

It was all completely perfect. I was freakin' out.

If you haven't seen any of the frump videos... here is the 50's Prime Time Cafe portion! This is the one that we showed Mark.

He sat down at our table to watch the video and was like "HOLD ON, EVERYBODY. I'M ONLINE! I NEED TO SEE MYSELF ONLINE!"

He also saw Cousin Tim in the video and he said that he was working that day, too! He said he would send him over later.

We ordered our food. Mark thought we were hilarious. The frumps are a trip, what can I say?

Mark brought over Tim and Tim seemed to remember us a little bit! He sat down and chatted with us. Both of the waiters loved that we remembered them! We took pictures together, too!

Tim is such a trouble maker!

The whole crew!

We also noted that it's so weird that Cast Members are allowed to have facial hair now. Mark and Tim both had little beards this time!

Mark asked Mike if he was always so quiet. He was probably just quiet because Kristen and I were so obnoxious! FRUMPS.

Usually people think Mike is quiet because I'm just so loud in comparison.

As far as food... Kristen and I split a PB&J Shake. Mark actually had it split into two cups for us which was SUPER nice! It was SO good! It actually tasted like peanut butter and jelly. It's weird that a milkshake like that can exist... but it can!

Kristen and I got an order of Onion Rings to split. THEY WERE SO GOOD. Holy crap, I am so obsessed with Disney onion rings. It's really not healthy.

YUM AND YUM.

I got Chicken Noodle Soup for my lunch. It's simple and light - just what I needed.

Kristen got Cousin Amy's Ice Berg Lettuce Wedge. It had bacon on top! She really liked it.

Katie got the fried chicken, which is my usual dish! Gotta love that stuff.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 12-21-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:35 AM   #640
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Update #17: COUSIN MARK IS ONLINE! (Part 2)
May 15th, 2012

Dave got the meat loaf which looked really good! I have NEVER had 50's Prime Time Cafe meatloaf before. Can you believe it!?

Oh it is SO good.

Mike got the sampler platter an at it ALL. Plus some of Katie's food. I was impressed.

The kid is a bottomless pit.

Mark brought us cupcakes for our birthdays, too! He got everyone in the room to sing to us! It was awesome.

We said goodbye to Mark and he shook all of our hands. AH it was such a wonderful meal. I seriously had the best time! I will always remember it! I love running into people who made an impact on your vacation in any way. It's the absolute best!

That was one of the greatest parts of the whole trip. We love Mark and Tim!

Then we went to the Writer's Stop and Dave got a Mickey Chocolate Chip Cookie. MORE FOOD, REALLY!? Hahaha I cannot believe how much we consumed looking back on this. He said that this was literally one of the best chocolate cookies he has ever had in his life. He raved about it for the rest of the day. Maybe I'll have to give it a try...

BEST. COOKIE. EVER.

Commissary Lane!

Then we went to the Magic of Disney Animation! We took a drawing class and drew Mickey mouse!

Joesph was our animator. He told us all about Ub Iwerks, who was the animator that made Mickey's look. It took 24 SKETCHES per a SECOND of film. And the first cartoons were 14 MINUTES LONG. He also told us some background info on Oswald and how his rights were taken by Universal. DARN YOU, UNIVERSAL!

We traded for these Vinylmations in the dump shop:

We went to the Mushu movie after our class. We talked a lot with the cast member while we waited. She worked at Animation and the Backlot Tour. She also worked at TGI Fridays!

She also had a disgusting amount of Alice pins. She told us all about her collection.

We watched the movie and our animator was the host for the show! Unfortunately, he wasn't the best actor. At least he's an excellent drawer!

I LOVED SEEING THESE ADVERTISED!

Merida was out greeting after the movie! The girl playing her was WAY prettier than I expected her to be, for some reason. Also, her accent was VERY impressive. Kristen and I feel like we have met that girl as other princesses before.

Yeah she was definitely also the Ariel/Cinderella from the January trip.

We went over to Sunset Boulevard after that and went in the Sweet Spells shop. We ran into my friend Haley from college! (who I met on the first MK day of this trip) She was there with her Mom. It was so funny that we saw her - what a coincidence! Out of all places.

I love Sunset Boulevard so much!

We looked in the shops and I saw the shirts that I had been admiring. I want to get them for me and Preston so bad, but they're expensive when you have to buy two. Maybe when I get my cast member discount....!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 01-06-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:06 AM   #641
heathsf
DIS Veteran

I loved the updates! I have never been to 50s Prime Time but after reading about it in your multiple TRs...I think I'd like to try it some day!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #642
frankieeyre
Mouseketeer

YUM.
I am definitely getting you two to help me write a list of all the food I need to try on my next trip!!
Love that the waiters are so friendly in 50's!!
Can't wait for the next update
Old 12-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #643
Yelloweaver
Earning My Ears

My daughter received the "dancing people" pin in a bag of 100 pins I got on Ebay for her to trade. She wanted to trade it away. I rescued it and it is now in my collection!
Old 12-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #644
arbolita
DIS Veteran

That campfire/S'Mores Vinylmation might be my favorite Vinyl that isn't directly Disney related.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
Old 12-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #645
Fantasia79
Mouseketeer

Disney onion rings are soooooo amazing. Luckily they're part of the new food pyramid, right? Right.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Grand Floridian 88, 89 Fort Wilderness Lodge 90, 94 Off-Site (with group as HS Band Member) 97
Off-Site (with group as HS Band Director) 03, 07, Dec 09 Polynesian Aug 09 Coronado Springs Aug 11 (30th Birthday) Caribbean Beach Jan 12
Beach Club Villas Mar 14

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: