Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #616
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Woohoo! So much Frump reading material today. I'm lovin it!!

Oh my god, in that Splash ride picture, you guys are hilarious as usual but it seems like one of the people in the 2nd to last row is sleeping/dead.

What is this about mystery pins? I don't think I'm aware of this, but it sounds awesome!

OH MAN. I totally know about hitting the food wall after this last trip. I honestly at one point did not want food of any kind. And in the morning at Animal Kingdom it was actually going on for me too. I even ate - get this - carrots and celery with light ranch dressing for breakfast just bc I knew I had to have *something* in my stomach for park touring. I didn't eat anything else until hours later. IN DISNEY! It was insane. But I just had no desire for food. I was steps away from the Zebra Cupcake and I was eating RAW VEGETABLES. Jess, hold me. I need support here.

Ahh I know right! It's crazy.

Why thank you! Hahahaha you are so right- they do! Woops.

Yeah! They're really fun!

Oh boy. That's crazy. But I've totally been there. It's okay, we understand. Sometimes, you just have to eat...vegetables.

AHH I love the Grumpy Vinylmation! I have a Mickey one kind of like that. They are really creative.

Mike on Dinosaur is the best thing I have seen all day. I love the twin girls behind you guys, one of them is just like "yeah dinosaurs whatev not scared of you" and the other one is like AHHH! Oh, ride photos.

They are! So cute.

Hahahaha I know. He's a frump. I didn't notice them though! Too funny! Ride photos are the best. Stick a dinosaur in the faces of a bunch of people and take a picture. You'll capture their personality to the tee.

I see from your cupcake picture you got the new-and-NOT-improved Zebra Cupcake. Le sigh. It used to be a lot better. When I actually did have it on this trip I was surprised that they changed it. I mean, it was still AMAZING but not as good! I still ate the whole thing, obviously, since this was pre-me hitting the food wall.

Look, don't feel bad, I also slept in Disney a lot my last few days. Of course now I'm like GAH I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN UP EARLIER ETC ETC but I was so freaking tired. Being stuck in Disney is REALLY tiring!!
I didn't know it changed. What was different about it before?

That is totally okay. I've never been stuck there but I bet it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
Great updates, y'all!!

I have to say, I totally get the food wall! It seems like when you get to Disney you just want to consume every glorious thing in sight! Then you do and you're in trouble! Many people should do what Adam Richmond does on Man vs Food and actually "prepare" for dining at Disney! Kinda like a food competition

That pizza looks delish!! I can't wait to get me some here in about, oh 11 DAYS!!

And I love, love, LOVE your ride pics!! The poses you two come up with are hilarious!!
Thanks!

Exactly! It gets a little overwhelming. If I wouldn't gain so much weight in "preparation" (ala Man vs. Food) I would totally do that!

Oh it was! AHH so exciting! You'll be there when I am!

Thanks! We are such creative little Frumps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
I love you dresses on your AK day. Gorgeous!
Thank you so much!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 12-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #617
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Update #16: "YUMMY CHICKEN AND YUMMY SHRIMP!"

May 14th, 2012

Hello everyone! I will be headed to Disney in just a few days, so enjoy these last couple updates before I'm off! For everyone who doesn't know, my latest TR is up and running and can be found HERE!

Also, I wanted to say a big HAPPY 111TH BIRTHDAY, WALT DISNEY! Today is the day that this very important man was born, and he has brought us over a century of magic filled with happiness, and memories! THANK YOU, WALT!

Anyways, onto the update!

We hightailed it on over to Epcot around 5, after Jess had her nap. I know, she slept in Disney. How rude.

It was lightning and thundering pretty badly while we were on the bus, but it was just raining once we arrived.

The first order of business was to get our birthday buttons fixed! Everyone was calling us "Smudgy" because the rain and our intense Disney touring had taken its toll on them. We went to Gateway gifts and the CM there let us fix our names and put tape over them.

TIP: If you intend to get a celebration button with something written on it while you're in Disney, be sure to bring your own Sharpie with you so you can touch it up! We were wishing we had one a lot.

Also, if you put a piece of scotch tape over your written name on the pin, it won't smudge at all! It's a very good trick!

After that, we headed to Innoventions (more like sprinted...it was raining) and decided to do Sum of All Thrills! Mike and Katie went together and so did Jess and I. Dave watched.

It was pretty fun! Jess and I didn't get super intense with our coaster so it wasn't exactly the "Sum of All Thrills," but more like "The Sum of Sum Thrills."

I crack myself up.

That actually wasn't that funny.

Oh well.

Anywho...We left Innoventions after that and headed to World Showcase. We had a Teppan Edo reservation that evening!

We headed to Japan via the Canada way, and checked in with the adorable Japanese CM's. We waited about five minutes and were seated with the Frumpiest family EVER. The Mom was next to Dave, so they chatted and became friends. The Dad was pretty underwhelmed by life, but made some hilarious comments. And the son. OHHHH the son.

He was perfect.

He was Russell (from UP) come to life, let me tell ya.

He was SO excited about all the food. While our chef was cooking it all, he was basically jumping out of his seat. Of course, so was I, so it was totally fine. He kept going "YUMMY NOODLES AND YUMMY SHRIMP" and Jess and I were basically peeing ourselves.

It was priceless.

And to this day, we quote him. "YUMMY NOODLES. YUMMY SHRIMP!!!!" He was just too cute!!

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. So, we were seating with this family and we ordered our drinks.

SHE'S AWAKE!

I ordered the Iced Green Tea, which is always so refreshing and delicious. YUM!

We also received some hot towels, which is always a nice touch. I so appreciate those.

Pretty soon our chef, Mayo, came by to start cooking!

It's always good to start with a Mickey Mouse in oil.

The famous Onion Volcano:

So cute! Mayo was perfect! She was so sweet and made some great jokes. She took sesame seeds and poured them in a line and went, "Sesame seeds...sesame street!"

It was freaking adorable.

Okay, ladies and gents, I swear we were just taking a picture of the food on the grill, but Russell and his dad just happened to show up in it!

LOOK. AT. THAT. FACE.

He's perfect.

I want to keep him pleaseeeee.

We can adopt him into the frump family! I think him and Norman Junior would get along very well.

The YUMMY NOODLES and veggies:

Jess ordered the Ueno (chicken and shrimp) and I ordered the Asakusa (steak and shrimp) so we each also got some of this YUMMY SHRIMP:

Ueno:

I really liked this dish because even though I hit that food wall earlier, this wasn't completely weighing me down further. It was very flavorful but not too heavy! I loved it.

Asakusa:

YUM! Everything was so delicious! Everyone was given bowls of rice as well:

HIDDEN MICKEY IN THE SAUCE:

I gobbled my food right up. I never feel overly full at this meal, which is great, because dessert was coming!

I ordered the Green Tea Pudding. I had heard a lot of great things about it here on the DIS, and I was eager to try it!

HOLY. WOW. This stuff is so good! I would say that it has the consistency of flan, almost, but it isn't overly sweet and is actually kind of refreshing! I LOVED it and I ate every last bite. Definitely one of the most unique and most delicious desserts at WDW, IMO.

Jess ordered another delicious dessert, the Chocolate Ginger Cake!

This dessert is sooo good. I'd had it before at Teppan Edo. She loved it just as much as I did! It's chocolatey, light and just perfect.

This is definitely one of my faves! It has an interesting flavor because of the ginger, but I personally love it! The chocolate mousse combined with the cake part is HEAVENLY.

Everybody else had either ice cream or the cake. After we were finished, we paid using our DDP, and left. We were planning on walking over to DHS for Fantasmic! and Extra Magic Hours!

HERE WE GO.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 12-05-2012 at 12:15 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #618
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Update #16: The One In Which We Work Off Everything We Just Ate

May 14th, 2012

We started to make our way out of World Showcase and through International Gateway.

The sunset was just lovely that evening.

Yeah and the following picture is NOT edited. That's how beautiful and vibrant it was.

The YaCHt Club! So much love. It's the Frump resort!

ONLY 25 DAYS UNTIL I CHECK IN THERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my God.

Crew shot!

We made our way along the Boardwalk...

YUM. I am OBSESSED with that Bakery. I think I've had almost everything they offer over the course of this past summer.

I was getting so excited to stay at the Boardwalk as we were walking! I got to stay there twice over the summer!

To Hollywood!

The walk was taking longer than we expected, and we ended up having to book it to DHS to make it to Fantasmic! By the time we were in the park, we were speed-walking BIG TIME. And once we got to that (ten-mile) walkway to the theater, we were literally RUNNING.

Yeah we also thought that the show was starting at 8:30 pm, but it started at 8 o'clock. FRUMP DERP MOMENT!

We sprinted all the way and we ended up still getting seats in the third row, even though we got there a few minutes AFTER it started! SCORE.

Tale as old as time...

ARIEL!

It's like World of Color...except not.

And the best part of the show! The showboat! AKA the only place you will EVER see Megara.

Sadness.

The best:

"Some imagination, huh?"

BIG FINALE!

We actually ended up being able to see Illuminations behind Fantasmic, so it was like two shows in one. SCORE!

After Fantasmic, we went to Rock N' Roller Coaster in the Single Rider line.

We were in line with some CM's in the pre-show, and they showed us that the door to the last leg of the queue actually opens manually, so we went straight through! So sneaky.

Once we all reconvened, we decided to go on Tower of Terror! Jess and I thought it would be fun to look at each other and look terrified for the ride picture, like so:

And then something happened.

There was no need to "look" terrified. We were genuinely scared.

You see, it's totally dark and then the flash goes off for the picture.

We were staring at each other in the dark for the picture and the flash illuminated our faces.

Once the picture was over, it was completely dark again. So the white image of each other's faces were imprinted into our vision. WE LOOKED LIKE STRAIGHT UP GHOSTS! It was horrifying.

It definitely added a whole new twist to the Tower of Terror! However, I think that this would only work at night when your eyes are fully adjusted to the darkness. ONLY TRY IT IF YOU DARE. It is probably the creepiest thing EVER. Kristen's ghost face was in my line of sight for the rest of the ride.

I think Jess also ended up poking me in the eye or something, because it says that in my trip journal.

Yeah because I was freaking out and neither of us could see hahaha.

We're Frumps, no one's mad.

We decided to go for a much less traumatizing ride next, known as Toy Story Mania!

I just love the TSM queue.

Now, if you all saw our video from August, you will already know that I love the crayons in the TSM queue, and that "I also like the orange one." We had to take a picture, of course.

That picture is from May 2012, obviously. Now, let's flashback to August 2011:

Yeah. They're basically the same.

Nothing changes.

Once a Frump, always a Frump.

Jess beat us all on TSM, of course. The girl is a champ. She and Mike got a little competitive though! Yeow.

Yeah he was goin' down. He thought he could beat me but.... I smoked him. (:

Our last order of business for EMH was the drawing class! Mike is obsessed with doing this.

I was getting pretty tired at this point, so everything in this class was funny. We got to draw Dale, whom I love. It was great!

I can't believe I forgot to take a picture! I guess I was tired.

After that, we were all pretty tuckered out. We headed back to SSR and hit the hay.

Here are Jess' pins from the day: (I got pretty lazy with taking pics of mine)

Pretty solid stock.

Next up- we enjoy some old snacks and see some old friends!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 12-21-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #619
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

508 & 616-I have HUGE,breaking news that I have discovered here at the "Always Lovely But Even More So During The Holidays Walt Disney World Resort" that I will be reporting to you when I return from my stay here at the
"Always Lovely But Even More So During The Holidays Walt Disney World Resort".

STAY TUNED!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #620
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW
508 & 616-I have HUGE,breaking news that I have discovered here at the "Always Lovely But Even More So During The Holidays Walt Disney World Resort" that I will be reporting to you when I return from my stay here at the
"Always Lovely But Even More So During The Holidays Walt Disney World Resort".

STAY TUNED!
We look forward to hearing it!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 12-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #621
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

That little boy kind of looks like Russell too. I want a little brother like that!

Um…THAT SUNSET OMG. *dies*

I don’t know if I WANT to do to what you guys did on ToT! I would be freaking out. So much.

Jess, I LOVE the Marie pin you traded for! That is so cute.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #622
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Mmm it has been too long since I've been to a hibachi place! YUM. That cake Jess had looks delicious.

BEAUTIFUL sunset.

Omg... your ToT experience honestly sounds terrifying. That would creep me out so much!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #623
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
We look forward to hearing it!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
AWESOME!

The huge news will be reported tomorrow!

Also,as predicted,I am on a first-name basis with New Fantasyland and New said to tell you hello!
Old 12-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #624
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

All caught up again. You guys updated so much while I was gone! I had a lot of reading to do. Not that that's a bad thing.

If/when we do our Girls Trip, can we go to Chef Mickey's? I've never been, but it seems like the frumpiest of all the restaurants. And large quantities of Mickey-shaped foods never hurt anyone.

I laughed way harder than I should have at the picture of the cupcake laying sideways on the ground. Poor thing.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #625
Fantasia79
Mouseketeer

One, great pictures from Fantasmic! I could watch that over and over.

Two, food pictures always appreciated.

Kristen looks like five years older w/o braces.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My first trip report! Flower & Garden Birthday Spectacular
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post51003637

Grand Floridian 88, 89 Fort Wilderness Lodge 90, 94 Off-Site (with group as HS Band Member) 97
Off-Site (with group as HS Band Director) 03, 07, Dec 09, Dec 13 Polynesian Aug 09 Coronado Springs Aug 11 (30th Birthday) Caribbean Beach Jan 12 Beach Club Villas Mar 14
Old 12-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #626
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

508 & 616,sorry for the delay-how Frumpy!

And here we go.

I was walking around the Beach Club/YaCHt Club area one day and something caught my eye.

Upon investigation,I was STUNNED at what I saw!!!!

I still haven't been able to really process it.

TO COMMEMORATE THE LEGENDARY,HISTORICAL,GROUND-BREAKING "BATHROBE PRINCESSES LIVE AT BEACHES & CREAM" CONCERT,DISNEY HAS PLACED A MONUMENT AT THE SITE!!!!

Here,check it out!

Old 12-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #627
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

I've never done Sum of All Thrills! Can you believe in my 12 days in Disney I didn't even step inside Innoventions? Sheesh.

Oh my God Russell and his dad are cracking me up. HEY CHEER UP YOU'RE IN DISNEY!

YUM I really want to try that chocolate ginger cake. I've never eaten in Japan, except for Kaki Gori and a sushi roll at F&W. I definitely need to try more of the food!!

Ohhhmygosh your Fantasmic pictures. That's my favorite part. I keep saying if they added Rapunzel and Eugene I would die.

Not true! Megara comes out a few times a year in Epcot but it's never announced. So you just have to be insanely lucky. AHH. I want to meet her so bad.

What a frumpy ToT experience!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #628
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
That little boy kind of looks like Russell too. I want a little brother like that!

Um…THAT SUNSET OMG. *dies*

I don’t know if I WANT to do to what you guys did on ToT! I would be freaking out. So much.

Jess, I LOVE the Marie pin you traded for! That is so cute.
Yeah that's the little boy we're talking about LOL he was so precious!!

I KNOW.

Hahaha it legitimately scared me.

Thank you! I still have that one I think it's a keeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Mmm it has been too long since I've been to a hibachi place! YUM. That cake Jess had looks delicious.

BEAUTIFUL sunset.

Omg... your ToT experience honestly sounds terrifying. That would creep me out so much!
It was so much fun! And that cake was so good.

Hahaha it was legitimately scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
AWESOME!

The huge news will be reported tomorrow!

Also,as predicted,I am on a first-name basis with New Fantasyland and New said to tell you hello!
Sounds good!

Haha I can't wait to visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
All caught up again. You guys updated so much while I was gone! I had a lot of reading to do. Not that that's a bad thing.

If/when we do our Girls Trip, can we go to Chef Mickey's? I've never been, but it seems like the frumpiest of all the restaurants. And large quantities of Mickey-shaped foods never hurt anyone.

I laughed way harder than I should have at the picture of the cupcake laying sideways on the ground. Poor thing.
Yes we did Gotta get a move on! All of my reports have to be done before I leave for my DCP!

Absolutely!! Ahh PLEASE have a girls trip. I seriously need to see you guys!

BAHAHA right though!? That is one of the top frumpiest moments ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasia79 View Post
One, great pictures from Fantasmic! I could watch that over and over.

Two, food pictures always appreciated.

Kristen looks like five years older w/o braces.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thank you so much!

I'm glad you enjoy them.

I know she really does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
508 & 616,sorry for the delay-how Frumpy!

And here we go.

I was walking around the Beach Club/YaCHt Club area one day and something caught my eye.

Upon investigation,I was STUNNED at what I saw!!!!

I still haven't been able to really process it.

TO COMMEMORATE THE LEGENDARY,HISTORICAL,GROUND-BREAKING "BATHROBE PRINCESSES LIVE AT BEACHES & CREAM" CONCERT,DISNEY HAS PLACED A MONUMENT AT THE SITE!!!!

Here,check it out!

HAHAHA oh my goodness. That is way too funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
I've never done Sum of All Thrills! Can you believe in my 12 days in Disney I didn't even step inside Innoventions? Sheesh.

Oh my God Russell and his dad are cracking me up. HEY CHEER UP YOU'RE IN DISNEY!

YUM I really want to try that chocolate ginger cake. I've never eaten in Japan, except for Kaki Gori and a sushi roll at F&W. I definitely need to try more of the food!!

Ohhhmygosh your Fantasmic pictures. That's my favorite part. I keep saying if they added Rapunzel and Eugene I would die.

Not true! Megara comes out a few times a year in Epcot but it's never announced. So you just have to be insanely lucky. AHH. I want to meet her so bad.

What a frumpy ToT experience!!!
Oh my goodness - I am SHOCKED! I guess you'll have to go back. Darn.

Bahaha they were too funny! I LOVE RUSSELL. YUMMY NOODLES YUMMY SHRIMP.

You definitely have to check out the places in Japan! I love Tokyo Dining too. I went to both restaurants in this trip and I seriously just am in love with the Japan pavilion. Between the restaurants and Mitsokoushi, (however the heck you spell it) Japan is just a winner.

OMG seriously, why haven't they added them yet? Fantasmic needs to be updated.

Seriously!? I didn't even know that. I wonder who plays her. Like... if they take people who are friends with other princesses and make them Meg. I wonder if it would be people who are friends with Jasmine or something. Hmm the questions of Disney entertainment.

Bahaha really though!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #629
rachelmarisa
chase the morning, yield for nothing

I loooove the expression of the guy half cut off in your previous frumpy orange crayon picture
+ 2010 WDW for Christmas
+ 2011 16th birthday present: first trip to DL
+ 2013 WDW Spring Break with my best friend
+ 2014 One day at WDW

Old 12-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #630
stitchaholic
DIS Veteran

I am lovin your frumpy farty report , I seriously feel like you two could be my besties , ok , gotta realized i've aged , so maybe my daughter's

What you have done is put my need to be there again into overdrive , great report , keep it up just a bit longer , it should set me into planning mode !!!!
WLV-jan 2nd,2010 , AKL july 2011 , ASMo2012 , AKV 2012 , july 2013 Universal/SW/DC

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: