Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #601
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Chef Mickey's.

Omg, I remember you tweeting about getting beer spilled on you, Kristen, but I was so confused because I had no idea where yall were! I was like... in MK?! Hahaha. But seriously, that's terrible. And disgusting.
It's the best.

Hahaha do you really? No alcohol in MK!! Contemporary problems... I was annoyed, but that actually has happened to me a few times before then, so I'm kind of getting used to it.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 11-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #602
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
No alcohol in MK!!
Hahha yep, and that is exactly why I was confused.

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #603
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88

Hahha yep, and that is exactly why I was confused.
Hahaha that's totally fine.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

Old 11-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #604
emma212010
DIS Veteran

What a lovely dinner!! The characters seemed great! I love it when they are really interactive! I think my favorite was when Goofy tried to Waltz with me! It wasn't pretty!!

Ugh! I hate it when that happens! I was just at a hockey game over Thanksgiving break and some lady next to me got a cup of soda DUMPED on her from the people standing above! It was horrible!!! I felt so bad! Beer is even worse!

What a magical ending! I love Wishes! I think that if I heard it over the phone, I'd get emotional too!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 11-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #605
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

616,just wanted to caution you that if you dine at BOG during your trip,they are serving alcohol there(still hard to believe)so with your propensity to "attract" alcohol spillage from others,BEWARE!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #606
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Your Chef Mickey’s experience sounds amazing! The character interaction sounds like it was fantastic, and so does the food! NOMS.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #607
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
What a lovely dinner!! The characters seemed great! I love it when they are really interactive! I think my favorite was when Goofy tried to Waltz with me! It wasn't pretty!!

Ugh! I hate it when that happens! I was just at a hockey game over Thanksgiving break and some lady next to me got a cup of soda DUMPED on her from the people standing above! It was horrible!!! I felt so bad! Beer is even worse!

What a magical ending! I love Wishes! I think that if I heard it over the phone, I'd get emotional too!
It really was! I love that too. I think when you play along with them, the interactions are just golden! Hahaha that's hilarious! I bet it was fun.

Ew that's SO gross. I would feel awful after that

It's really beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
616,just wanted to caution you that if you dine at BOG during your trip,they are serving alcohol there(still hard to believe)so with your propensity to "attract" alcohol spillage from others,BEWARE!
Haha she is! And I think it'll be nice and classy in there, so hopefully she won't have to worry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
Your Chef Mickey’s experience sounds amazing! The character interaction sounds like it was fantastic, and so does the food! NOMS.
It really was! SO MUCH FUN!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #608
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Update 15: Magic Kingdom Extra Magic Hours!
May 13th, 2012

We took the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours! We weren't done yet!!

We had to take some nighttime castle pictures:

Classic frump hug picture:

Frump hats represent!

We are just so cute.

Mike and Katie:

SO GORGEOUS.

This is one of my favorite pictures that I have ever taken at Disney.

To Fantasyland we go!

Our first stop was PhilharMagic, which is one of my FAVORITES. (if you didn't already know.)

I pretty much just lost control of myself. I sang EVERY WORD of that show and danced to the whole thing. I was just high on Disney. Maybe I was a little food drunk, now that I think about it.

We definitely were. Chef Mickey's and Le Cellier in the same day = food inebriation.

Then we went on It's a Small World... which made me really tired.

That ride always makes me so tired!

Then Snow White was next! Yes, it was still open. However, it was closing at the end of that month.

SQUIRREL, SQUIRREL, SQUIRREL.

Kindred.

We used the restrooms that were OBVIOUSLY reserved for royalty.

They're my favorite!

Then we rode Winnie the Pooh, followed by The Mad Tea Party. We got in a purple cup. We took it pretty easy because we had a big dinner/we were filled to the brim with food. Obviously.

Then we went over to Splash Mountain! There was literally NO wait. We sat in the first two rows and we got SOAKED!

THE BIRDS WERE ALIVE!

Here's our ride photo:

The cast member near the photos was like "what exactly are you looking for?" We told her "the briar patch, of course!"

How clever of us.

We went in the gift shop and there were four cast members in there with pin lanyards! I traded for one of the mystery pins and I got a fish playing the tuba from Under the Sea! Kristen traded for one too and got a Mickey Snowman!

Then we went on Pirates of the Caribbean. We tried calling the POTC ghost, George, but he didn't answer. Maybe next time!

We got off the ride exactly at 1 o'clock and walked out of the park. Before we left, I wanted to mail my postcard to Preston from Main Street USA! Did you all know that there are these operating mailboxes right in the middle of Magic Kingdom!? Well there is!

Then it was time to say goodbye for the night.

We stood on the bus ride home and arrived back to Saratoga. Here are our pin inventories for the day!

Mine:

Kristen's:

Continued in Next Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #609
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Update #15: Disney’s Animal Kingdom
May 14th, 2012

We got up in the morning, showered, and were ready for another Disney day! Where were we headed? DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM!

We arrived there a little after opening. It was very cloudy on this day, which is good because usually Animal Kingdom is boiling hot!

We went over to Kali River Rapids to get fastpasses, and then walked to Everest so we could have some YETI TIME! Unfortunately, there were some technical problems with the mountain at the current moment, so we had to come back later.

So for breakfast, I was going to get my cupcake from Kusafari but they weren't being served until 10:30 am. After this rejection, I moped away sadly.

We decided on Tamu Tamu refreshments for breakfast instead.

I got this ham and cheese flat bread for breakfast. (I feel like Mike, Katie, and Dave did, too) It was alright... but even to this day I regret getting it. It was WAY too heavy. My food consumption level was through the roof during this trip and this just wasn't worth it at all. I should have gotten a yogurt or something.

Yeah thy did. Jess was having a food hangover this morning. Ah well. Everyone has their limit!

Kristen got the pastry plate:

We left and started walking. We saw DiVine! She's absolutely beautiful.

We took some Tree of Life pictures!

Then we went over to Expedition Everest again and the line was only 10 minutes! SCORE! The ride had just opened back up.

It was very fun and a whole lot of Stacey quoting went down. No surprises there. #frumplife

In the gift shop, one of us traded for this grumpy vinylmation:

We grabbed Kilimanjaro fastpasses and then went on Dinosaur. All I have noted in my trip journal about it is that "it smells good in there." HAHA so true though.

This is quite the ride picture bahaha. I think Mike is my favorite, though. He's just sitting there, facing forward and smiling. And Katie is just like "yikes, that's a little scary!"

Bahahah Mike. I must go congratulate him on this...

Then we went on Kali River Rapids and we got pretty soaked!

I'm glad we took the fancy camera out to take a picture on Kali. That was a choice on my part.

Kilimanjaro Safaris was the next stop. TIME FOR ANIMAL PICTURES, GUYS!

The giraffes were particularly cute on this day! They're my favorites. (:

ELEPHANTS ARE MY OTHER FAVORITE!

This was my first time riding since they got rid of the whole "Simba One" and "Little Red" ended. Although a lot of people weren't a fan, I thought it was cute. The ending they presented us with on this day was BORING. Literally all our guide said was "I think I see poachers. I'll have to tell someone about that. And this will cut our safari short." Hoop dee doo. (and not the Revue!) I hope they make up something more creative and SOON!

I feel like they probably will with new zebra section.

Yes, knowing that now it seems logical. We will have to see!

However, our guide DID announce to the whole car that it was my birthday! So that was super exciting! She redeemed herself.

Continued in Next Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #610
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Update #15: CUPCAKE DOWN and JESS HITS A WALL.
May 14th, 2012

After the safari, I wanted my Zebra cupcake. Mike waited with me while everyone else went to the bathroom.

I got my beloved cupcake and picked it up. I was admiring its beauty and my excitement got the best of me. My hands were apparently a bit wobbly and about 3 seconds after I picked up the plate, I DROPPED THE CUPCAKE ON THE GROUND. OMG I'M SUCH A FRUMP.

"Mike put it back! I need to take a picture!" "Uhhh okay."

Oh yeah! Mike picked it up and then I made him set it back down so I could document the moment. Trip reporting at it's finest, people.

Apparently the look on my face showed pure devastation, so a kind cast member gave me a new one. I was happy once again.

That cupcake was YUMMY. I wish I would have had more room for it, obviously. The frosting was AMAZING. Ahh you have no idea how bad I'm craving a good Disney cupcake right now.

ME TOO. NOM.

Next we went over to Dinoland and went on Primeval Whirl. If you remember, that ride was closed for quite a bit of time... however, I have NO idea what the refurbs were that they did. It looked the same to me.

The refurb just wasn't real.

Then for some reason everyone wanted to eat AGAIN. Okay guys... Our lunch destination was Pizzafari.

The CM's behind the counter gave me and Kristen cupcakes for our birthdays! How sweet... too bad my food stamina was deteriorating by the second.

I got a veggie pizza, but I could barely touch it.

I hardly ate any of the salad.

And I didn't even touch the chocolate mousse.

I HIT THE WALL SO HARD. It was all over. If you all know me, I DON'T get full. Well..... this is one of those days where I did. The food in my system probably could have sustained me for a whole week. NO MORE.

I apologize because this is not my best picture... but Kristen captured me hitting the wall. DERP so done.

Does that mean I never ate again for the rest of the trip? PSH no. I came back to my senses after this little mishap. IT'S FINE. FOOD IS GOOD. I LOVE FOOD.

Anyways... everyone else got pepperoni pizzas, caesar salads, and chocolate mousse.

I ate mine! NEVER FULL.

I'm glad they enjoyed it!

After Pizzafari, we went to Island Mercantile. Kristen found her Mom a teapot and a shirt. Also, for my birthday she got me a "Fairest One of All" pillow that matched my newly painted room! THANKS KRISTEN!

You're welcome. (:

Benjamin from the Bronx was the cast member who helped us check out and ship the tea pot. He was a peach. He was very helpful and friendly!

I loved him!

Then everyone went on It's Tough to be a Bug while I went to go meet up with my friend Kerry!

Kerry and I took confirmation classes together when I was in 10th grade, and my Mom actually taught her when she was in 2nd grade! I found out through facebook that she was on the DCP, so of course I had to say hi! She was actually leaving a few days later so I'm lucky that I caught her before the end of her program.

Kerry worked in merchandise and was placed in DinoLand! Depending on the day, she worked at the carts, the carnival games, or the stores. She was really glad to see me and loved to see how much I loved Disney!

After chatting for about 10-15 minutes, we said our goodbyes! I went to meet back up with Kristen and family. Katie got a corn dog because she didn't like the pizza. (Which me and Kristen still resent her for. HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE DISNEY PIZZA!?! Clearly she has a tastebud malfunction.)

Yeah I just don't get it.

At that point, it was time to head out of Animal Kingdom. We went to the bus stop. After a few out-of-service busses, our Saratoga Springs bus showed up. Thank goodness.

We got back to the room and I fell ASLEEP. You know that wall I hit? YEAH. It resulted in SLEEPING IN DISNEY. I'm so sincerely sorry. I was out for about half and hour. Then it was time to get up and get going again!

It's true. I was there.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 12-05-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #611
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Very nice Splash photo. :clapping: (Wait, there's no smiley for that. Dang yall. It would have been cute.)

"We left and started walking." You mean... yall didn't float through Animal Kingdom? Whaa...?

Hahha that Dinosaur picture of Mike IS hilarious. Oh lord. He's such a proper young man.

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 12-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #612
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Very nice Splash photo. :clapping: (Wait, there's no smiley for that. Dang yall. It would have been cute.)

"We left and started walking." You mean... yall didn't float through Animal Kingdom? Whaa...?

Hahha that Dinosaur picture of Mike IS hilarious. Oh lord. He's such a proper young man.
Hahaha that would have been cute! Darn.

BAHAHAH I know right!? We were too heavy from all of the food we'd been eating. We couldn't float.

Isn't it though? Hahaha yes he is.

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 12-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #613
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Woohoo! So much Frump reading material today. I'm lovin it!!

Oh my god, in that Splash ride picture, you guys are hilarious as usual but it seems like one of the people in the 2nd to last row is sleeping/dead.

What is this about mystery pins? I don't think I'm aware of this, but it sounds awesome!

OH MAN. I totally know about hitting the food wall after this last trip. I honestly at one point did not want food of any kind. And in the morning at Animal Kingdom it was actually going on for me too. I even ate - get this - carrots and celery with light ranch dressing for breakfast just bc I knew I had to have *something* in my stomach for park touring. I didn't eat anything else until hours later. IN DISNEY! It was insane. But I just had no desire for food. I was steps away from the Zebra Cupcake and I was eating RAW VEGETABLES. Jess, hold me. I need support here.

AHH I love the Grumpy Vinylmation! I have a Mickey one kind of like that. They are really creative.

Mike on Dinosaur is the best thing I have seen all day. I love the twin girls behind you guys, one of them is just like "yeah dinosaurs whatev not scared of you" and the other one is like AHHH! Oh, ride photos.

I see from your cupcake picture you got the new-and-NOT-improved Zebra Cupcake. Le sigh. It used to be a lot better. When I actually did have it on this trip I was surprised that they changed it. I mean, it was still AMAZING but not as good! I still ate the whole thing, obviously, since this was pre-me hitting the food wall.

Look, don't feel bad, I also slept in Disney a lot my last few days. Of course now I'm like GAH I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN UP EARLIER ETC ETC but I was so freaking tired. Being stuck in Disney is REALLY tiring!!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #614
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

Great updates, y'all!!

I have to say, I totally get the food wall! It seems like when you get to Disney you just want to consume every glorious thing in sight! Then you do and you're in trouble! Many people should do what Adam Richmond does on Man vs Food and actually "prepare" for dining at Disney! Kinda like a food competition

That pizza looks delish!! I can't wait to get me some here in about, oh 11 DAYS!!

And I love, love, LOVE your ride pics!! The poses you two come up with are hilarious!!

As soon as we can plan another trip, I'll start my TR
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
Old 12-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #615
FancyNancy
Princess

I love you dresses on your AK day. Gorgeous!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: