Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #586
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
Just caught up on the entire report! FABULOUS!

I'm loving the F&G Festival pictures! We are headed back in just a few weeks, then Sept/Oct 2013 and planned Oct 2014, but I'm thinking of moving it to May!! How was May? Crowds? SUPER hot? Squeee!! I'm really loving the F&G pics and it's swaying me...
Thank you!

May was actually really nice! It was on the warmer side but not anywhere near the August heat! And the crowds were not bad at all, as far as I can remember.

If you already have a fall trip planned, then sure! Moving it to May is a nice idea! I personally am favorable to the fall because of the Halloween party and Food and Wine Festival, but you can't go wrong!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #587
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post

Thank you!

May was actually really nice! It was on the warmer side but not anywhere near the August heat! And the crowds were not bad at all, as far as I can remember.

If you already have a fall trip planned, then sure! Moving it to May is a nice idea! I personally am favorable to the fall because of the Halloween party and Food and Wine Festival, but you can't go wrong!
We already have an October 2013 trip booked, so Halloween is taken care of! May sounds great, thinking we'll try it!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 02:10 AM   #588
LMichelleee
"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -A.D.

I love your TR! Y'all remind me so much of me and my best friend, I can't wait for our trip! So anyway, I was wondering what kind of camera you have... mine is okay but it doesn't take very good pictures of the castle lit up at night and fireworks.

INSTAGRAM: lmichelleee | TWITTER: laurenlovescats

ME: DH: LITTLE "ELLE":

WALT DISNEY WORLD & UNIVERSAL STUDIOS ORLANDO PASSHOLDER!

10/12 Universal Trip Report
Old 11-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #589
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
We already have an October 2013 trip booked, so Halloween is taken care of! May sounds great, thinking we'll try it!
May is awesome! I want to go for Halloween SO badly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMichelleee View Post
I love your TR! Y'all remind me so much of me and my best friend, I can't wait for our trip! So anyway, I was wondering what kind of camera you have... mine is okay but it doesn't take very good pictures of the castle lit up at night and fireworks.
Thank you! Jess has a Nikon D3100 and I have a Sony CyberShot.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 11-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #590
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Update #14: The One In Which Surprises, Birthday Songs and Proposals of Marriage All Go Together, Part One

May 13th, 2012

Hey there everyone! This update has taken forever because of me and my crazy life. I AM SO SORRY. (You'll be hearing this same apology later on my other TR.) Between school, my last musical ever (sniff), and Thanksgiving/Black Friday craziness, this is the first time I've had a chance to update! So I hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving if you live in the States, and here we go!

When we last left off, we were headed to "Mer Mer Mer!" We got off the bus at the Magic Kingdom and headed straight for the monorail.

ME LOVES THE MONORAIL.

FAVORITE PICTURE EVER.

When we got to the top of the Ramp of Death (Seriously, that thing is a workout!), we were greeted by a lovely CM who noticed our birthday buttons! He made a huge deal about the birthday song he was about to sing to us, and then went "This is your birthday song, it isn't very long! So you guys have a great day, okay?" It was all very anticlimactic and you could tell that he thought he was sooo cool, but we appreciated it all the same.

Mike captured it all, of course:

THE AVENGERAIL!

Jess and I were excited for our favorite ride!

The monorail showed up and we hopped inside. Mike had trouble standing clear of the doors at one point, which was very fart shoes of him. He was punished by being forced to viedotape Jess and I and our disgust with the new monorail voice guy. NOT. OKAY.

In no time at all we were at the Contemporary! We got off the monorail and proceeded to tell Katie that we would be dining at CHEF MICKEY'S that evening! She was SO excited! I think she got more excited for that than she did when she saw the Castle for the first time.

HAHAomg she really did. I guess food is more of a priority than giant castles or something?

What can I say? The girl appreciates a quality character meal. Can't say that I blame her.

We hopped in the CRAZY long line to check-in, but it moved more quickly than we thought it would.

The line was completely worth it. I just wanted some Mickey Ravioli, some Mickeyroni and Cheese, and some MICKEY MOUSSE DOMES. I couldn't wait. This was my first time at Chef Mickey's for dinner, actually!

We finally checked in, and then waited about ten minutes to be seated. Chef Mickey's is such a popular place!

We were seated off to the left in this nice little nook by some windows. We had a lovely view of the Contemporary pool!

The nice part about where we sat was that there was a white wall across from us. Perfect for pictures!

Mickey came by almost immediately, and he loved Jess' and my Mickey cupcake nails!

Katie's first time meeting Mickey!

The gang's all here!

We said goodbye to Mickey and went to get some food.

Don't ask whose plate is whose, because I have NO idea. All I know is that if it's covered in Mickeyroni & Cheese, it's probably Jess'. The girl is OBSESSED. Also, you should probably ask yourself, do you honestly care whose is whose? Yeah, didn't think so.

Back to me..... yeah I had three portions of Mickeyroni and Cheese. NO ONE WAS MAD. Except maybe my thighs or something.

That concludes the sassy portion of this update.

Onto the FOOD!

NOM.

NOM.

NOM.

NOM.

NOM.

Look at all the NOMS! (literally)

While we were eating, Pluto came by! He was SO cute and LOVED Jess!

We clapped with him:

Jess told him that he was her favorite, and he was so excited!

The Frumps:

The gang:

Bro & Sis:

Pluto loved Jess so much, that he decided to propose! Jess was like Buddy the Elf on Christmas, she was so excited.

WE HAD A MOMENT. AND IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. AND WE WERE IN LOVE.

She obviously accepted, and then proceeded to tell Preston that, unfortunately, she would be leaving him for Pluto.

JUST KIDDING. They're all just moving to Utah. It's cool.

But...... there's no Disney in Utah!

.......Sorry Preston. :P

After Pluto was done drooling (literally, once again) over Jess, it was time for MORE FOOD.

I'm almost entirely positive that the next plate is Jess', followed by mine. BOOM.

Yeah this is mine. I'm surprised that I got Mickeyroni and Cheese, Pizza, and.... BROCCOLI. It must have been really good, guys. Now that I'm thinking about it, I feel like I was obsessed. Yeah, give the Chef Mickey's broccoli a try.

Who will the next character be?? Stay tuned to find out!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 11-25-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #591
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Update #14: The One In Which Surprises, Birthday Songs and Proposals of Marriage All Go Together, Part Two

May 13th, 2012

Next up from the Fab Five was my personal favorite, Goofy!

He was very lively, and Jess and I had a little dance party with him.

Between the Pluto proposal and the Goofy Dance party, I was on a Disney high. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN WITH THESE CHARACTERS!! They were all so much fun that night!

Yeah, I don't really know what I'm staring at...

The couple:

Mike's almost as tall as Goofy!

The crew!

A few of us went to get more food.

This is definitely Jess' plate:

Like I said.... three servings, people.

When we got back, a birthday cupcake was brought out for Katie! Her birthday is in early August, but we were celebrating it at this meal. Pluto even conducted the birthday song (the real one) and it was all quite precious.

Katie was really full, so Jess and I helped her eat the cupcake. The frosting was sooo good! I was very impressed.

I promise you, this is the best complimentary birthday cupcake you are going to get at any restaurant. I was only going to have a bite... and then it was so good that we just finished the whole thing. It was AMAZING!

We then decided to get some dessert of our own! BRING ON THE MICKEY MOUSSE DOMES.

Here are Jess' selections:

Mine:

And Dave's:

Mike and Katie were too full, but given the fact that I am not only Dave's (aka Mr. Leftovers) daughter but also a Frump, I can always find room!

Donald stopped by to visit next, and he LOVED Mike because I told him that he was Mike's favorite.

Mike's a big fan of the pessimistic and rude characters, like Donald and Grumpy, even though he's actually a huge softie. Ah well.

I love this guy!

Last, but definitely not least, was Minnie! Katie was SO excited because Minnie is her favorite and it was her first time meeting her! She showed Minnie her earrings that she had bought that had Minnie bows on them, and that mouse just loved her. It was so cute.

Minnie with the kids:

The gang!

Minnie was the first character I ever met, and I just LOVED her when I was little. She was my absolute FAVORITE. So we had a little moment. I think Dave might have teared up.

Age 6 with Minnie:

And ten years later:

I know what y'all are thinkin'. I really haven't changed much.

Once a Frump, always a Frump.

We said goodbye to Minnie Mouse, paid, and headed out to the fourth floor balcony to catch Wishes before heading over to MK for EMH!

While MM&Y was going on, I talked on the phone with my Mom, and some drunk lady spilled beer all over my feet and lower legs. It was soo sticky, and I smelled like booze for the rest of the night. Greaaaat.

Wild and crazy nights at Disney. Ya know.

My mom was on the phone with me during all of this, and she was cracking up. Then I stayed on the phone with her during Wishes, so she could listen to it live. I think she started crying a little!

What an emotional couple of minutes!

Here was our view:

Afterwards, I said goodbye to Mom and we headed inside. We did a little pin trading/pin buying in the Fantasia store before heading up to the monorail station and riding around to the Magic Kingdom!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 11-30-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #592
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

That's so gross, the beer being spilt all over you! Ewwwwwww! I have never eaten at Chef Mickey's - the food looks so good.

I'm pretty sure the frumps need to come up with a Frump bucket list and post it.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #593
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
That's so gross, the beer being spilt all over you! Ewwwwwww! I have never eaten at Chef Mickey's - the food looks so good.

I'm pretty sure the frumps need to come up with a Frump bucket list and post it.
I was so annoyed!

Yes we do!! If we ever have some spare time on our hands, we will definitely do that!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

Old 11-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #594
FancyNancy
Princess

OK this update has convinced me to try the Mickeyroni and Cheese on my trip in Sept! I love the pic of the two of you on the monorail in your matching monorail t's.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #595
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
OK this update has convinced me to try the Mickeyroni and Cheese on my trip in Sept! I love the pic of the two of you on the monorail in your matching monorail t's.
Thanks! And yes you absolutely must! It's fantastic.

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 11-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #596
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Aww, Kristen... I'm sure it's not your last musical EVER. In school, maybe. We'll all be performing in Disney as princesses soon anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I agree with "FAVORITE PICTURE EVER". Would it be creepy if I had this photo matted, framed and hung above my mantle?

Poor Mike not standing clear of the doors. Every time someone does that I'm like, HELLO. Have you NOT memorized the rules in both English and Spanish!?!?

OMG THE PLUTO PROPOSAL. That is just perfect. Move over Preston. I mean, Preston's great and all but does he have long, floppy ears? NO! So the choice is clear.

The Frumps' eating skills are seriously over the top. We just really need to do Disney together b/c I am sick of people I go with being like "I'm full" after a 2nd plate and I'm like, no, we're at a buffet.

I agree, the Chef Mickey's birthday cupcakes are so good (though the 1900 Park Fare ones are better IMO!). We had breakfast there for my birthday one morning and it was amazing. The characters were insanely perfect, too. I mean, no one proposed to me, but you know. I LOVE THAT PLACE. I've never been there for dinner cause I've heard the food is horrendous but obviously that is not the case CAUSE THIS LOOKS SO DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!! I guess it's improved b/c I swear a couple years ago everyone on the Restaurant Board was like DO NOT do Chef Mickey's for dinner unless you want food poisoning.

UGH @ the drunk lady spilling beer on you! What? That is just so gross. I don't even see the point of being drunk in Disney. Like there isn't enough going on? All the people who drink vodka at noon during Food & Wine kind of scare me. I mean, you're already in Epcot, how much more fun are you expecting to have, people?!?!
Old 11-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #597
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Aww, Kristen... I'm sure it's not your last musical EVER. In school, maybe. We'll all be performing in Disney as princesses soon anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I agree with "FAVORITE PICTURE EVER". Would it be creepy if I had this photo matted, framed and hung above my mantle?

Poor Mike not standing clear of the doors. Every time someone does that I'm like, HELLO. Have you NOT memorized the rules in both English and Spanish!?!?

OMG THE PLUTO PROPOSAL. That is just perfect. Move over Preston. I mean, Preston's great and all but does he have long, floppy ears? NO! So the choice is clear.

That's so true! YAY for princess careers!

HAHAHAHA not at all. Go for it.

He has, but I think there was just a momentary lapse of judgment there.

It was so freaking cute. The choice is quite evident. Sorry Preston. Jess has moved on...

The Frumps' eating skills are seriously over the top. We just really need to do Disney together b/c I am sick of people I go with being like "I'm full" after a 2nd plate and I'm like, no, we're at a buffet.

I agree, the Chef Mickey's birthday cupcakes are so good (though the 1900 Park Fare ones are better IMO!). We had breakfast there for my birthday one morning and it was amazing. The characters were insanely perfect, too. I mean, no one proposed to me, but you know. I LOVE THAT PLACE. I've never been there for dinner cause I've heard the food is horrendous but obviously that is not the case CAUSE THIS LOOKS SO DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!! I guess it's improved b/c I swear a couple years ago everyone on the Restaurant Board was like DO NOT do Chef Mickey's for dinner unless you want food poisoning.

Why thank you. Yes we definitely do! We go for the thirds!

I agree with you there! That's coming up on my other TR. It's not though! Everyone says that but I LOVE it! No Frump has ever gotten food poisoning from Chef Mickey's.

UGH @ the drunk lady spilling beer on you! What? That is just so gross. I don't even see the point of being drunk in Disney. Like there isn't enough going on? All the people who drink vodka at noon during Food & Wine kind of scare me. I mean, you're already in Epcot, how much more fun are you expecting to have, people?!?!
I know! I completely agree. I had to suffer because some lady had some real skewed priorities. Ah well.

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 11-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #598
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

616,the picture of you looking "somewhere" at "something" is TOO funny!I bet 508 has had a few laughs at you in that pic!

I share your love of the "Highway in the Sky"!If only Disney would pony up the money and extend the Monorail property-wide!(What's a few billion dollars-come on Mickey!)

I love to ask people what is the one Park at WDW Guests can enter for FREE.

From beer on the legs to watching Wishes in a matter of moments-what a contrast!

I guess the only thing worse would be riding Mission:SPACE Green with a random Guest who has a queazy stomach and thought they were boarding Mission:SPACE Orange!!!!

Cute picture when you were a 6 year old "mini-Frump"!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #599
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
616,the picture of you looking "somewhere" at "something" is TOO funny!I bet 508 has had a few laughs at you in that pic!

I share your love of the "Highway in the Sky"!If only Disney would pony up the money and extend the Monorail property-wide!(What's a few billion dollars-come on Mickey!)

I love to ask people what is the one Park at WDW Guests can enter for FREE.

From beer on the legs to watching Wishes in a matter of moments-what a contrast!

I guess the only thing worse would be riding Mission:SPACE Green with a random Guest who has a queazy stomach and thought they were boarding Mission:SPACE Orange!!!!

Cute picture when you were a 6 year old "mini-Frump"!
That would be awesome! I'm all for that!

That is so true.

Thanks!

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 11-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #600
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Chef Mickey's.

Omg, I remember you tweeting about getting beer spilled on you, Kristen, but I was so confused because I had no idea where yall were! I was like... in MK?! Hahaha. But seriously, that's terrible. And disgusting.

-Marissa

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: