Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #571
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran
 
oopsiDAISY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,654

Besides the cool hidden Aladdins and hidden Mickeys in Morocco, have your discoverd this hidden "jewel"?


Photo found on Discover Epcot

Yeah, I had read about it so I had to find it and whisper in DH's ear about its' shape so the children wouldn't hear...he agreed that it has quite a unique "shape"...
oopsiDAISY is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #572
aras4007
Mouseketeer
 
aras4007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 469

Great updates! Can't wait to hear about Chef Mickey's.
I can't wait for Test Track either! I am going to be there on the official opening date..probably with 80,000 other people but oh well!
__________________
Me DMom DDad DSister DBIL
aras4007 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #573
mickeyinthehouse
Mouseketeer
 
mickeyinthehouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lees Summit, MO
Posts: 124

[FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="purple"][CENTER]I got it in July...so fun!


Do you mind if I ask where you got the dress? I love that design and my daughter would love it as well - it would also make a great purse!!

Love reading your trip report, you guys always seem to have so much fun!!
mickeyinthehouse is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #574
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

 
Disneyfreak508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living the dream. :)
Posts: 2,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin all the updates. I need to try one of these American Dream things. Also I have that first Vinylmation.
Thanks! Yeah you do! And haha how cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
I love the code name for Chef Mickey's! You frumps crack me up...

Love the updates!
Hahaha frump language. Get on our level.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I love the camel in Morocco. He is just perfect.

LOSTO SMELLED LIKE STRAWBERRIES?! That is too awesome.

I need to try the American Dream. It sounds and looks delicious!

I want to explore the Wonders of Life pavilion some day. I wonder sometimes why I couldnt have been alive when all of the awesome vintage Epcot Center stuff was still around. I need to make a time machine.

Oh Saratoga Springs, how I love thee.

MER MER MER is such a fantastic restaurant!
He is!
Yup! It's pretty incredible that they think of everything!
I know, it's really cool. I wish it was still open. I am sad it's closed haha. I wish they'd create it into more attractions or something. It's a cool festival center but I feel like they could do so much more with it. Future World needs a SERIOUS face life. And I know, I wish I was around for the Vintage stuff too. I feel like I just missed it.
It's a beautiful resort!
It really is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude97 View Post
I find that offensive to UoE fans. I think they should remake the show like its original self, found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4NK0ePoBo8

Besides, I would love to hear "Energy (You Make the World Go Round") again.
It's not meant to be offensive. It's my personal opinion. The fact of the matter is that it's getting outdated. I would be sad to see it go but I wouldn't be surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude97 View Post
OMG, that looks so pretty...
It is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude97 View Post
Is it a weird coincidence whenever I think of "MER-MER-MER", I think of Beaker?
Nope - that's exactly who it sounded like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Besides the cool hidden Aladdins and hidden Mickeys in Morocco, have your discoverd this hidden "jewel"?


Photo found on Discover Epcot

Yeah, I had read about it so I had to find it and whisper in DH's ear about its' shape so the children wouldn't hear...he agreed that it has quite a unique "shape"...
Haha I have seen that on other people's trip reports! Although I have not seen it for myself before because, like I said, I haven't really explored that pavilion much. Too funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
Great updates! Can't wait to hear about Chef Mickey's.
I can't wait for Test Track either! I am going to be there on the official opening date..probably with 80,000 other people but oh well!
Thank you!
Haha are you going to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyinthehouse View Post


Do you mind if I ask where you got the dress? I love that design and my daughter would love it as well - it would also make a great purse!!

Love reading your trip report, you guys always seem to have so much fun!!
We got them at Tren-D. I don't know if they will be out anymore because they're usually a spring/summer style. Maybe next year though!

Thank you so much! We really do!
__________________
Disneyfreak508 is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 12:42 AM   #575
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 5,323

Ah! I've missed so many updates, looks like you guys had a great afternoon at Epcot, lots of exploring got done!! Great updates!
__________________
In Progress Trip ReportsDec 2013//
May 2014 (24 hr day)

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #576
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran
 
disneyshakeygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 863

YAY updates! Do the frumps have anymore trips planned? On a side note, I agree about Universe of Energy.
__________________
disneyshakeygirl is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #577
aras4007
Mouseketeer
 
aras4007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post

Thank you!
Haha are you going to go?
YUP! We are braving the crowds. Not really even for the opening. We are going down for a long weekend to see the xmas decorations and it just so happens thats our Epcot day. I'm excited to see it though! Hopefully the crowds won't be too bad!
__________________
Me DMom DDad DSister DBIL
aras4007 is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #578
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver
 
flyergrad09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Heart of It All
Posts: 339

Japan makes the BEST lemon soda! My favorite is C.C. Lemon, but Mitsukoshi didn't have any the last time I was there.

That's so cool that they made the Lotso topiary smell like strawberries! Disney is so sneaky with those sorts of things.

I miss the Wonders of Life pavilion... I wish they would do something more with it, but I doubt they will. I can totally see the Universe of Energy being the next to go. Sadness. I mean, Ellen's Energy Adventure is a classic!

Okay, so when I first read "Mer-mer-mer" I read it like how Darcy (Kat Dennings) says 'mjolnir' in Thor. And if you haven't seen Thor, ignore that comment. (also you should see it, just for Chris Hemsworth if nothing else)
__________________




Follow me on Twitter! @flyergrad09 • Follow me on Instagram! @flyergrad09

I've been a Disney girl my entire life!
May 1987 - Offsite • November 1990 - Offsite • June 1998 - OKW • December 2001/January 2002 - Offsite • December 2003/January 2004 - Offsite • December 2007/January 2008 - Offsite • December 2009 - Offsite • July 2010 - DISNEYLAND! • December 2010 - Offsite • December 2011 - ASMu • May 2012 - ASMu
flyergrad09 is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 04:48 PM   #579
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran
 
MarieTheCat24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,153

Alright. I'm all caught up!!

Thanks for the Marie shoutout! She's so fab (and so was your nail)

Morocco is so pretty! I have so much respect for the people who did all the tile work back in there. It's incredible.

The Lotso topiary smelled like strawberries? That's amazing!

I feel like I haven't seen many pictures of Saratoga Springs, so thanks for taking lots! It seems really laid back and pretty. Not too stuffy, just right.

I love your code name. So perfectly frump.
MarieTheCat24 is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 12:27 AM   #580
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

 
Disneyfreak508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living the dream. :)
Posts: 2,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Ah! I've missed so many updates, looks like you guys had a great afternoon at Epcot, lots of exploring got done!! Great updates!
That's okay! We post a lot at one time because life is so busy. So if you have a chance to write trip report updates.. YOU WRITE TRIP REPORT UPDATES.

We did! It was lots of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
YAY updates! Do the frumps have anymore trips planned? On a side note, I agree about Universe of Energy.
We don't at the moment... but perhaps something will be planned for when I am down on my DCP!

Yeah, I mean we will see what will happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
YUP! We are braving the crowds. Not really even for the opening. We are going down for a long weekend to see the xmas decorations and it just so happens thats our Epcot day. I'm excited to see it though! Hopefully the crowds won't be too bad!
Have fun!! That'll be a great little trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09 View Post
Japan makes the BEST lemon soda! My favorite is C.C. Lemon, but Mitsukoshi didn't have any the last time I was there.

That's so cool that they made the Lotso topiary smell like strawberries! Disney is so sneaky with those sorts of things.

I miss the Wonders of Life pavilion... I wish they would do something more with it, but I doubt they will. I can totally see the Universe of Energy being the next to go. Sadness. I mean, Ellen's Energy Adventure is a classic!

Okay, so when I first read "Mer-mer-mer" I read it like how Darcy (Kat Dennings) says 'mjolnir' in Thor. And if you haven't seen Thor, ignore that comment. (also you should see it, just for Chris Hemsworth if nothing else)
I've never had it! I'll have to find it sometime.

I know! I love the disney details.

Me too! I'm telling you, FUTURE WORLD NEEDS A FACELIFT. Like.. after FLE I wish they would just revamp Future World. But that probably won't happen for a long, long time,

Haha I haven't seen it, but I should look it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
Alright. I'm all caught up!!

Thanks for the Marie shoutout! She's so fab (and so was your nail)

Morocco is so pretty! I have so much respect for the people who did all the tile work back in there. It's incredible.

The Lotso topiary smelled like strawberries? That's amazing!

I feel like I haven't seen many pictures of Saratoga Springs, so thanks for taking lots! It seems really laid back and pretty. Not too stuffy, just right.

I love your code name. So perfectly frump.
Woohoo!

You are so welcome! Always thinking of our fellow frump

I know! The Morocco Pavilion seems like it was a very involved construction process. It's crazy beautiful!

YES.

You're very welcome! It is a pleasant little spot. Not my top favorite resort, but very beautiful none the less.

Haha why thank you, thank you.
__________________
Disneyfreak508 is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #581
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,417

Ahh these Frumpdates made me miss my trip SO MUCH!!!! We spent a ton of time in Japan since Lee-Anne loves it there and lived there for 6 months, so she was quite fascinated by it and said Disney did an amazing job recreating the country! I think out of everything I probably miss the WS the most. I NEED MORE FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL!

I am seriously in love with Vinylmation trading now! I had to stop cause I only had two and once I found two that I loved, I didn't wanna buy a new one cause they are so expensive in Disney! I was surprised because I got two of them for $10 at the Disney Outlet, and at WDW it's like $25 for a set like that. Anyway, I was so excited when I found a Jack Sparrow one, but the one I want the most is the Tower of Terror. AHH.

That picture of you guys with the stickers is too funny. Kristen, you don't look gross... but it's just hilarious, like what are you even looking at. LOL. I hope you do more frumpdating soon... and I can't wait for that trip video too!
__disneygirl is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #582
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 10,386

508 & 616-I put the below post on therussells08 TR.

I wanted to make sure you saw it.




"NO WAY!!!!
For whatever reason,I have been an avid DISer since 2004 but have NEVER been "into" reading Trip Reports-EVER.

A few weeks ago,I was reading a Thread on the TPAS Board about a DISer requesting Christmas @ WDW tips.

In one post was a link to a Trip Report that the poster said contained some amazing Christmas tips.

I wanted to see the tips(never expecting to read the TR)so I clicked the link and the rest is history!

The link was for Disneyfreak508's Christmas TR!!!!

I could not BELIEVE the quality and "energy" that 508 had put into that report and before I knew it,I was "magically" hooked on all of 508's TRs!!!!

I entered a magical world of Bathrobe Princesses,Frumps,Deer Faces,etc. and realized there are people who LOVE the Walt Disney World Resort every bit as much as I do!!!!AMAZING!!!!

From 508's reports,I discovered 616's reports and they are every bit as amazing as 508's!!!!

So,after reading the TRs of 508 and 616 for several weeks,for some reason,I decided today to read a random TR to see if all TRs were as magical as the D-Freaks',thinking there was no way any other TRs could be that good!

I went to the TRs Board and started "scanning" the titles.I looked at A LOT of titles!

When I saw yours,I IMMEDIATELY thought it was an interesting title and clicked it.

And then it happened!!!!

I saw your picture and said NO WAY!!!!THAT IS THE DISer that 508 RODE SPACE MOUNTAIN WITH-NO WAY!!!!

Now what are the odds that your report would be the one I would choose?!

It had to be DISNEY MAGIC!!!!

I have now recovered from the "shock" and have to tell you that your TR is in the same league as 508 and 616-and THAT IS THE ULTIMATE COMPLIMENT I CAN GIVE YOU!!!!

It is AMAZING!!!!I agree wholeheartedly with 508-your food rating system is so creative and brilliant!!!!

I love the song "tie-ins" also!I do love Aly and AJ's version of "Magic",but am still partial to Sebastian's original(I guess I am just a purist!)

Side note:I saw ALY AND AJ in concert AT THE WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT!!!!

They played the House of Blues at DTD.I took the Sassagoula Water Taxi down the Sassagoula River from POR and then took the boat from the Marketplace to the West Side and the HoB!Talk about a MAGICAL way to arrive at a concert!!!!

How about those SATGs(South American Tour Groups)!!!!

I LIVED with the SATGs in Little Brazil(aka Disney's All-Star Sports Resort) for a WEEK in July!

OH,THE STORIES I COULD TELL!

You haven't LIVED until,after closing down the Magic Kingdom at 1:00 AM,you are awakened by a 15 year old voice,prank-calling you in Portuguese at 2:37 AM!!!!

I look forward to reading the rest of your amazing TR and am still amazed I clicked YOUR TR!

Please tell your Husband I deeply thank him for his Service!"
WEDWDW is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #583
sue_88
DIS veteran
 
sue_88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 466

i need one of those red white and blue drinks from the American pavillion!
you both take some really cute pics.
looking forward to more!!!
__________________



My first trip report. In progress!
Let's Start with Art!! A November 2013 Trip Report
[/URL]
sue_88 is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 11:08 PM   #584
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

 
Disneyfreak508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living the dream. :)
Posts: 2,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Ahh these Frumpdates made me miss my trip SO MUCH!!!! We spent a ton of time in Japan since Lee-Anne loves it there and lived there for 6 months, so she was quite fascinated by it and said Disney did an amazing job recreating the country! I think out of everything I probably miss the WS the most. I NEED MORE FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL!

I am seriously in love with Vinylmation trading now! I had to stop cause I only had two and once I found two that I loved, I didn't wanna buy a new one cause they are so expensive in Disney! I was surprised because I got two of them for $10 at the Disney Outlet, and at WDW it's like $25 for a set like that. Anyway, I was so excited when I found a Jack Sparrow one, but the one I want the most is the Tower of Terror. AHH.

That picture of you guys with the stickers is too funny. Kristen, you don't look gross... but it's just hilarious, like what are you even looking at. LOL. I hope you do more frumpdating soon... and I can't wait for that trip video too!
Oh wow, she did!? That's so cool! I'm glad she thought it was accurate - that makes Disney even better! And ah I know I had a HUGE craving for the World Showcase today. I miss it so much.

Haha are you? That's really cool! I had trouble getting into the whole Vinylmation thing for some reason. Maybe because I wasn't getting any cool ones! Oh well.

Hahaha I think that picture is hilarious! She doesn't look gross... just in a complete daze. So fart shoes. I hope so too! And haha hopefully that will be done someday soon. Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
508 & 616-I put the below post on therussells08 TR.

I wanted to make sure you saw it.




"NO WAY!!!!
For whatever reason,I have been an avid DISer since 2004 but have NEVER been "into" reading Trip Reports-EVER.

A few weeks ago,I was reading a Thread on the TPAS Board about a DISer requesting Christmas @ WDW tips.

In one post was a link to a Trip Report that the poster said contained some amazing Christmas tips.

I wanted to see the tips(never expecting to read the TR)so I clicked the link and the rest is history!

The link was for Disneyfreak508's Christmas TR!!!!

I could not BELIEVE the quality and "energy" that 508 had put into that report and before I knew it,I was "magically" hooked on all of 508's TRs!!!!

I entered a magical world of Bathrobe Princesses,Frumps,Deer Faces,etc. and realized there are people who LOVE the Walt Disney World Resort every bit as much as I do!!!!AMAZING!!!!

From 508's reports,I discovered 616's reports and they are every bit as amazing as 508's!!!!

So,after reading the TRs of 508 and 616 for several weeks,for some reason,I decided today to read a random TR to see if all TRs were as magical as the D-Freaks',thinking there was no way any other TRs could be that good!

I went to the TRs Board and started "scanning" the titles.I looked at A LOT of titles!

When I saw yours,I IMMEDIATELY thought it was an interesting title and clicked it.

And then it happened!!!!

I saw your picture and said NO WAY!!!!THAT IS THE DISer that 508 RODE SPACE MOUNTAIN WITH-NO WAY!!!!

Now what are the odds that your report would be the one I would choose?!

It had to be DISNEY MAGIC!!!!

I have now recovered from the "shock" and have to tell you that your TR is in the same league as 508 and 616-and THAT IS THE ULTIMATE COMPLIMENT I CAN GIVE YOU!!!!

It is AMAZING!!!!I agree wholeheartedly with 508-your food rating system is so creative and brilliant!!!!

I love the song "tie-ins" also!I do love Aly and AJ's version of "Magic",but am still partial to Sebastian's original(I guess I am just a purist!)

Side note:I saw ALY AND AJ in concert AT THE WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT!!!!

They played the House of Blues at DTD.I took the Sassagoula Water Taxi down the Sassagoula River from POR and then took the boat from the Marketplace to the West Side and the HoB!Talk about a MAGICAL way to arrive at a concert!!!!

How about those SATGs(South American Tour Groups)!!!!

I LIVED with the SATGs in Little Brazil(aka Disney's All-Star Sports Resort) for a WEEK in July!

OH,THE STORIES I COULD TELL!

You haven't LIVED until,after closing down the Magic Kingdom at 1:00 AM,you are awakened by a 15 year old voice,prank-calling you in Portuguese at 2:37 AM!!!!

I look forward to reading the rest of your amazing TR and am still amazed I clicked YOUR TR!

Please tell your Husband I deeply thank him for his Service!"
Thank you so much for sharing that post. I love how you found all of our trip reports and have become a great follower to all of us. Your kind words mean so much! I LOVE that you found Joni's TR and saw me on Space Mountain! How full circle! Joni's trip reports are AMAZING... you've found a great group of stories to read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_88 View Post
i need one of those red white and blue drinks from the American pavillion!
you both take some really cute pics.
looking forward to more!!!
They're AMAZING!
Thank you!
__________________
Disneyfreak508 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #585
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran
 
DsnyMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,028

Just caught up on the entire report! FABULOUS!

I'm loving the F&G Festival pictures! We are headed back in just a few weeks, then Sept/Oct 2013 and planned Oct 2014, but I'm thinking of moving it to May!! How was May? Crowds? SUPER hot? Squeee!! I'm really loving the F&G pics and it's swaying me...
__________________
Amber Richard Ava {5} Levi {3} Aspen {7m}
Past Trips * January 2008 AKL * March 2009 CSR * November 2011 POP *
*November 2012 AKV/CSR/Poly * February 2014 POP/AKL *

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: