Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #481
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

OY, that bug is huge!!! I'm grossed out because I recently found a picture of a bug I had killed in my parents' house with a student's homework because it was the only thing I had available. It was crunchy and very similar to that one in the picture except smaller, more oval, and with shorter legs. Haha, so it was clearly a very different bug, but the exterior just reminded me of the one I conquered.

Poor Norman Sr! That's so sad that he's no longer there. Next time I go to Epcot, I'm going to look for Norman Jr. I think by now he's a celebrity!

Mmm, an apple egg roll? That looks delicious! Looks like a McD's apple pie or something like that.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 08-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #482
GrimGrinningStitch
A Swinging Wake

I'm all caught up, and loving the TR so far!

I'll fully admit, I'm one of those people who will easily get distracted by ducks or geckos whenever I'm at Disney. It's a problem. I do have a theory that being a duck in Disney World is probably the pinnacle of existance. Amazing food, you get to hang out in Disney World all the time, and nothing to worry about. Sounds like an ideal life to me!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #483
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

I love all the Flower and Garden Festival pics. Epcot is sooooooo pretty that time of year!

And the family reunion with Norman Junior was laugh out loud funny.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 08-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #484
nannye
DIS Veteran

Jess, I know you have some experience with buying the Disney Receipe/cookbooks. I believe there are only two different ones and I was wondering which one you liked better? (I think I remember you had both of them)

http://www.disneystore.com/books-dvd...77291/1000232/

http://www.disneystore.com/books-dvd...60515/1000232/

http://www.disneystore.com/books-dvd...60517/1000232/

oh I lied there are 3 funny enough I don't see one that I remembered seeing at the park gift shops when I was there in July....

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #485
nemolover22
Mouseketeer

I'm loving this trip report!!! And where did you get those sweatshirts you were wearing at the airport?! They are so cute
Old 08-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #486
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

The Flower and Garden Festival is BEAUTIFUL!

I seriously love the sand sculptures they do every year for the Disney nature movie. So amazing.

I agree. That picture should be your Christmas card. I mean, that picture is so lovely.

Kristen, I really think you should look into being a Photopass photographer because the pictures you take of people are fabulous!
Old 08-23-2012, 05:30 AM   #487
threedisprincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye
Jess, I know you have some experience with buying the Disney Receipe/cookbooks. I believe there are only two different ones and I was wondering which one you liked better? (I think I remember you had both of them)

oh I lied there are 3 funny enough I don't see one that I remembered seeing at the park gift shops when I was there in July....
I have 2 of the three cookbooks (treasures from the vault & cooking with Mickey). There is more variety in cooking with Mickey. I am not enjoying treasures. There is not as much variety.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #488
PrincessKathleen
Mouseketeer

Ahhh I love the Frump trip reports! Makes me wish I had a Disney obsessed friend And I loooove all the pictures too! What camera do you have?
Old 08-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #489
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Ok, I don't post much but I need to tell someone who understands this quick story! I've been reading along with this TR and I'm pretty sure I've found and read all of your past ones. I've enjoyed them all very much!

Any way, I'm going in November and I have decided to try pin trading this time. I bought a lot of pins off of eBay and they came over the weekend. I was going through them and came across one and I must have gasped out loud or said something like "Oh Wow". My husband looks over and says "What?". I said "look, I got the no dancing pin!". He gave me a weird look and I started to explain but then decided against it and said never mind. If you can't tell, he's not a big Disney fan.

Needless to say, that pin is going into my permanent collection and will not be traded!
Old 08-31-2012, 11:10 AM   #490
heathsf
DIS Veteran

I followed over from Jess's Christmas TR and you two are just so much fun together. You crack me up, I just love it!
Old 08-31-2012, 01:41 PM   #491
msmandapanda
Earning My Ears

Hi ladies! Let me just say that I love reading about all of your adventures! Y'all seriously crack me up! I've read all of your TRs (yes, both of you!) and they never cease to put a smile on my face and remind me that Marissa, my sister Kristen, and I are not the only fun loving Disney "frumps" out there! I've been spreading the word about the DISbords to all of my other DW loving friends, and I always direct them to both of y'all because your stories are seriously that awesome!

Whenever I need a good WDW fix and the music and Disney Parks Blog isn't cutting it, I know where to turn! So thank you both and keep up this lovely awesomeness! :D
Old 08-31-2012, 11:19 PM   #492
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATEGIRL007 View Post
I love the bug. I find it hilarious how that Disney can have all this cool stuff going on and exotic animals in Animal Kingdom but a duck walking down the path or a real deer sighting stops people dead in thier tracks. Cracks me up everytime.
Oh I know, right!? And it always happens too - without fail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
OY, that bug is huge!!! I'm grossed out because I recently found a picture of a bug I had killed in my parents' house with a student's homework because it was the only thing I had available. It was crunchy and very similar to that one in the picture except smaller, more oval, and with shorter legs. Haha, so it was clearly a very different bug, but the exterior just reminded me of the one I conquered.

Poor Norman Sr! That's so sad that he's no longer there. Next time I go to Epcot, I'm going to look for Norman Jr. I think by now he's a celebrity!

Mmm, an apple egg roll? That looks delicious! Looks like a McD's apple pie or something like that.
I know! Oh eww, that's really gross! I HATE finding bugs in the house. Sometimes I'm brave and I can squish them myself, but sometimes I just can't! I guess that's a good thing about being a girl - it's acceptable to be afraid of bugs!

I know, poor Norman. I hope he found a good home! Hahaha yes, he is a celebrity! I need to take him home with me one of these days!

Yes! It was yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningStitch View Post
I'm all caught up, and loving the TR so far!

I'll fully admit, I'm one of those people who will easily get distracted by ducks or geckos whenever I'm at Disney. It's a problem. I do have a theory that being a duck in Disney World is probably the pinnacle of existance. Amazing food, you get to hang out in Disney World all the time, and nothing to worry about. Sounds like an ideal life to me!
Woohoo that's awesome!
Haha it's okay, it's not a bad thing! You just appreciate the details and the naature aspect of it which is awesome! And HAHAHA I have always thought that too! If I was a duck, I'd definitely live in Disney - no question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I love all the Flower and Garden Festival pics. Epcot is sooooooo pretty that time of year!

And the family reunion with Norman Junior was laugh out loud funny.
Thank you so much! I agree!
Hahaha I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post

I think I messaged you back about this! But my favorite one is Delicious Disney! Close second is Chef Mickeys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemolover22 View Post
I'm loving this trip report!!! And where did you get those sweatshirts you were wearing at the airport?! They are so cute
Thank you so much! We got them at Forever 21 last year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
The Flower and Garden Festival is BEAUTIFUL!

I seriously love the sand sculptures they do every year for the Disney nature movie. So amazing.

I agree. That picture should be your Christmas card. I mean, that picture is so lovely.

Kristen, I really think you should look into being a Photopass photographer because the pictures you take of people are fabulous!
It really is!
I do too! They amaze me every time!
Bahaha oh thank you.
Yeah, she's quite talented!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKathleen View Post
Ahhh I love the Frump trip reports! Makes me wish I had a Disney obsessed friend And I loooove all the pictures too! What camera do you have?
I'm so glad! Thank you so much! I have a Nikon D3100!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Ok, I don't post much but I need to tell someone who understands this quick story! I've been reading along with this TR and I'm pretty sure I've found and read all of your past ones. I've enjoyed them all very much!

Any way, I'm going in November and I have decided to try pin trading this time. I bought a lot of pins off of eBay and they came over the weekend. I was going through them and came across one and I must have gasped out loud or said something like "Oh Wow". My husband looks over and says "What?". I said "look, I got the no dancing pin!". He gave me a weird look and I started to explain but then decided against it and said never mind. If you can't tell, he's not a big Disney fan.

Needless to say, that pin is going into my permanent collection and will not be traded!
AHHH That's so exciting! That's probably my favorite pin EVER!! You're so so lucky that you got that one! I wouldn't trade it either! Congratulations! We definitely appreciate your story

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathsf View Post
I followed over from Jess's Christmas TR and you two are just so much fun together. You crack me up, I just love it!
Welcome welcome! I'm so glad you like it so far! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmandapanda View Post
Hi ladies! Let me just say that I love reading about all of your adventures! Y'all seriously crack me up! I've read all of your TRs (yes, both of you!) and they never cease to put a smile on my face and remind me that Marissa, my sister Kristen, and I are not the only fun loving Disney "frumps" out there! I've been spreading the word about the DISbords to all of my other DW loving friends, and I always direct them to both of y'all because your stories are seriously that awesome!

Whenever I need a good WDW fix and the music and Disney Parks Blog isn't cutting it, I know where to turn! So thank you both and keep up this lovely awesomeness! :D
Why hello there! Aww thank you so much for being such a dedicated reader! No, you definitely have some company in the Disney loving world! And aww thank you SO MUCH for referring us to others - it really means a lot!
Thank you so much for your kind words and compliments! We definitely will!
Old 09-01-2012, 01:49 AM   #493
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

OMg you guys are too cute and funny I love it all!!! I'm jealous you got that pin I call it "no dancing on the tta" because thats where I first noticed it and told my daughters about it and what do they do? why they dance on the tta of course!!! I'm not a pin person but that one I love!!!!

Old 09-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #494
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
OMg you guys are too cute and funny I love it all!!! I'm jealous you got that pin I call it "no dancing on the tta" because thats where I first noticed it and told my daughters about it and what do they do? why they dance on the tta of course!!! I'm not a pin person but that one I love!!!!
Haha thank you so much! That's the best pin ever! Hahaha that's exactly what we do when we see that sign too
Old 09-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #495
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Update #10: Seeking the Spirit of Norway In More Ways Than One - Part 1

May 12th, 2012

Hey y'all! I'm back from my AWESOME vacation to WDW! Jess and I are ready to get this TR movin', so onto the update!

Yes, and I am back at college busier than ever! However, I have a little time right now to get these updates posted! Let's go, go, go!

-----------------------------------------------------------

After dinner, we explored the House of Good Fortune and then headed to Germany!

We found a really reasonably priced replica of Cinderella Castle!

BAHAHA. Yeah RIGHT. Anyone got $35,000?

Me either.

Ah well.

I believe it was $37,000. That makes it even better, right!? Anyone, feel free to buy me that for Christmas. LOL

One really reasonable thing that we did come across were these tiaras!

Some of them were only $13 or $14! Great idea for a princessey keepsake if you don't want to shell out your daughter's college fund for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

Let's be real, being a princess is way more important.

Next we headed to Karamell Kuche, because we just ate, so it seemed logical to eat again.

HAHA yeah........

We saw some treats awaiting their caramel topping.

And we saw this:

Don't you just wish you could hop right in their and pull a Winnie the Pooh "swimming in the honey?" I sure do. It would be seriously divine.

Here is some of the selection at Karamell Kuche:

I really wanted a dark chocolate salted caramel, but they had run out, so I decided to try the milk chocolate one.

It was delicious! I definitely think that I would have liked the dark chocolate one better, but I'm a sucker for salted caramel, and this was perfect.

Dave had some chocolate caramel fudge and a chocolate covered caramel:

He loved them! I don't know how he finished both, because I couldn't even finish mine, but the man is essentially a bottomless pit.

Dave and I enjoyed our caramels on a nice bench in Germany, while the wimps who were "too full" ran off to the loo. Katie found a credit card in the women's room so we gave it to a CM in one of the shoppes in Germany. She thought we were really nice to return it.

Next, we headed to Norway! There was a must-do Disney must-do that we all just HAD to do!

Time to do the must do!

The MAELSTROM! AKA the most popular ride in Disney. Do not lie, you love it. From the animatronic polar bears to the oh so adorable trolls...it's a time-tested thrill seekers and fun-seekers favorite!

We were all pretty excited. It was Katie's first time! In line, we Mike tried to convince her that she would get soaked and that she better put her poncho on.

We just love torturing the newbs. :P

FRUMP IN THE MAELSTROM:

WOO!

We had a blast goin' back over them falls, and we all were filled with the Spirit of Norway. I said hello to my troll friend afterward.

I love this guy:

Family photo no. 2 of the evening!

We said goodbye to our giant troll buddy and went in search of Dave and some more of the Spirit of Norway!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 09-06-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: