Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #466
Disneydude97
Reaching New Horizons
 
Disneydude97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
We watched the "Top 7 Must See's at Walt Disney World" on Kristen's iPad. Aka the old Stacey. Aka the extremely frumpy Stacey that everyone loves and misses. We took a rather unflattering picture of her on the iPad and I feel kind of bad posting it. But I'm going to anyways.



Stacey is ALWAYS beautiful. Merp.
How were you guys able to watch the old Stacey on Kristen's iPad? Is there a YouTube app or something?
__________________
Whenever I'm in trouble, I turn to the Disney Bouncing Heads.
Disneydude97 is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #467
princess_momma
DIS Veteran
 
princess_momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,413

Love all your great pics!! Lotus Blossom sounds pretty good...I wonder if I could squeeze it in on my next trip!! Why does Disney have to have so many great restaurants that it's literally impossible to not want to try them all?!
__________________
Kimmy (24) , DBF G (26) , DS L (5)
Sept '09 Pop Century, Aug '10 Pop Century, June '11 Old Key West, Oct '13 Pop Century...next Nov '14 Boardwalk Villas - AS DVC OWNERS!
October 2013 Trip Video
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #468
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

 
Disneyfreak508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living the dream. :)
Posts: 2,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
I love Epcot so so so so much! I feel like I NEVER have enough time there!

Lovely family picture! Too cute!!

OMG, that orange chicken from China is amazing! Wow that apple eggroll looks heavenly too!
I feel the same way! I could explore that place for days on end!
Haha oh thanks
Yes it is! And yum that was good too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude97 View Post
That bug is HUGE! I just wanna stare at it all day...NOT!

Oh, and I noticed you called Norway "Nor-vay". Sorta reminds me of the 2005 vacation planning DVD.

*The four hosts are wearing viking helmets, and Luke and Dave are trying to row the Viking boat*
Dave: Let's just take the elevator.
*all four cross arms and sink down*
I know, right?
Haha that was my favorite vacation planning DVD! I know exactly what part you're talking about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanIsMine View Post
Sorry I've been MIA, but I have good reason- I was in Disney. I just started the TR. Link is in my siggie, if you're interested.
Lunch at Tony's looks good. What a frumpy photo shoot! OMG! I must eat at Lotus Blossom Cafe. The food looks so good!
That's so sad about Norman Senior.
Haha that's totally fine! I hope you had a magical time!
It was really yummy! I'm glad you enjoyed it haha.
I hope you get to try Lotus Blossom sometime! It's a hidden gem!
Sadness. I know. At least Norman Junior is there to carry on the tradition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude97 View Post
How were you guys able to watch the old Stacey on Kristen's iPad? Is there a YouTube app or something?
Yeah I think so! Either that or Kristen had it downloaded from MouseBits.com onto her iTunes/iPad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Love all your great pics!! Lotus Blossom sounds pretty good...I wonder if I could squeeze it in on my next trip!! Why does Disney have to have so many great restaurants that it's literally impossible to not want to try them all?!
Thank you! Haha you should try to! I ASK MYSELF THAT QUESTION EVERY DAY! Sigh. But it's okay... it gives me an excuse to go back. Frequently.
__________________
Disneyfreak508 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 06:28 AM   #469
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran
 
Stringbean&Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,989

I definitely wouldn't be wasting precious Epcot time looking at a bug!!! Although I always do like to see the Disney ducks and bunnies around!

Your lunch looks great, too bad about Norman though!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 07:07 AM   #470
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran
 
Disneyfreak616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: A Poly Hammock
Posts: 3,932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I definitely wouldn't be wasting precious Epcot time looking at a bug!!! Although I always do like to see the Disney ducks and bunnies around!

Your lunch looks great, too bad about Norman though!!
Me either girl! I was outta there! Those are cute.

It was! I'm still getting over poor Norman Sr....
__________________



WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:


The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #471
sue_88
DIS veteran
 
sue_88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 466

The China portion of your day seems like it was very festive! I really do want to try that red bean ice cream!!
__________________



My first trip report. In progress!
Let's Start with Art!! A November 2013 Trip Report
[/URL]
sue_88 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #472
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran
 
Disneyfreak616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: A Poly Hammock
Posts: 3,932

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_88 View Post
The China portion of your day seems like it was very festive! I really do want to try that red bean ice cream!!
Oh it was! That ice cream is sooo good.
__________________



WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:


The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #473
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran
 
Sunset Cliffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,004

For some reason I have been going through major WDW withdrawls this week, and all of your Epcot pictures did not help. The pictures of the fire towers made me want to go there SO BAD. Actually all of your pictures of the buildings made me feel that way. Epcot is just so beautiful!

Lotus Blossom Cafe is yummy, but I've never seen that apple dessert before. I must figure out a way to fit that in to my dessert schedule at Epcot.
Sunset Cliffs is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #474
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran
 
Disneyfreak616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: A Poly Hammock
Posts: 3,932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
For some reason I have been going through major WDW withdrawls this week, and all of your Epcot pictures did not help. The pictures of the fire towers made me want to go there SO BAD. Actually all of your pictures of the buildings made me feel that way. Epcot is just so beautiful!

Lotus Blossom Cafe is yummy, but I've never seen that apple dessert before. I must figure out a way to fit that in to my dessert schedule at Epcot.
Aww I'm sorry! Hopefully you can go back soon!!!!

SO good! The desserts were fabulous!
__________________



WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:


The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #475
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,399

Flower & Frump Festival...aaaaaawwww yeah!

Aww, I love the Frump shadow pic. Very Peter Pan! <3

This pic is totally killing me: http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4527/dsc0621fv.jpg hahahha

Oh, Norman Jr is just precious. I hope Norman Sr found a good and frumpy home to live in! And yes...please make that your Christmas card.

Omg that orange chicken looks like heaven. I really want to eat at Lotus Blossom but there's no way i'll have stomach space for that on our Food & Wine trip. Though I must stop by and finally try that red bean ice cream!!!

Kristen, I love when you get the camera and frump it up. I hope there are more of these photoshoots coming!
__disneygirl is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #476
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager
 
PlutosRHM55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?
Posts: 10,327

Oh my gosh, A BUG?! Really?! I mean, it does look big (reminds me of a bit of the Spider, Mad-Eyed Moody from Harry Potter tests with Unforgivable curses, sorry been watching Harry Potter all day), but you have Spaceship Earth right over there. C'mon! Love your shadow picture though and it seems as if there is a random Hidden Mickey on the ground (not the shadow) where I believe Jess' head is.

Love your pictures in front of all the topiaries, truly a Flower & Frump festival there. You guys definitely made a great choice with those shirts especially with the pins, buttons and Mickey ears, you guys could totally be twins right there. (: And that's awesome you got to meet up with another friend... wait, did you say Bobby? The name sounds familiar especially in reference to the Figment ride... is this the same Bobby from Alicia's (Leasha_Loves_Disney) TR?

Anyways, awesome to see you found time to say hi to topiary Pluto. He was very appreciative I'm sure. Great pictures of World Showcase, you guys can go on your take-a-picture-of-everything ventures anytime because they are really pretty. I'm shocked you didn't stop in Norway though.

Awww, that's awesome you were reunited with the puppets, but... No Norman?! Wah. That's just awful they took him off the shelves, but I'm sure Norman Junior lives up to his memory. to more Deer Face pictures with an actual deer. You guys are just so punny lol

Mmmmm, the food at Lotus Blossom looks so good! I really want to try that Ice Cream though the Apple Egg Roll looks pretty awesome too. Good thing next time I'll probably be in the World we want to check out China some more. LOL @ another "when you give a frump a camera" moment. Oh, Kristen, your creativity is beyond me haha

Can't wait to read about the rest of your time in the World Showcase!
PlutosRHM55 is online now  
Old 08-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #477
havingadisneyday
Are we there yet?
 
havingadisneyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post


The line was only 15 minutes long so we hopped right in! I sat in the very back seat and Kristen sat in the front of the back car. We were going to take a picture wondering where the missing person was in the middle. However, a single rider was placed in between us. Fart shoes...

So instead, we talked on our iPhones during the picture. Kristen was like "WHAT?" and I was like "heyyy what's up!"



[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
So I'm reading along and enjoying the banter as usual when all the sudden I'm like whhhhaaaaaat??? That's ME in the middle!! Oh, just kidding.... but wouldn't it be really cool if someone did step forward and claim it? Its really a fabulous picture. I would frame it if I were you (or really that lady, lol). Carry on.
__________________
havingadisneyday is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #478
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran
 
DonaldDoleWhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,570

As Disney-loving as I am, I probably would've been distracted by that bug as well.

And I very much enjoyed the deer pics. I don't know the story behind Norman Senior, but it sounds like he'll be dearly missed, and Norman Junior is pretty adorable.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #479
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran
 
Disneyfreak616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: A Poly Hammock
Posts: 3,932

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Flower & Frump Festival...aaaaaawwww yeah!

Aww, I love the Frump shadow pic. Very Peter Pan! <3

This pic is totally killing me: http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4527/dsc0621fv.jpg hahahha

Oh, Norman Jr is just precious. I hope Norman Sr found a good and frumpy home to live in! And yes...please make that your Christmas card.

YEAH YEAH!

Thanks! It so is!

Hehehehe FART SHOES.

I love that little deer. I hope he did too though! Ahh we so will girl!


Omg that orange chicken looks like heaven. I really want to eat at Lotus Blossom but there's no way i'll have stomach space for that on our Food & Wine trip. Though I must stop by and finally try that red bean ice cream!!!

Kristen, I love when you get the camera and frump it up. I hope there are more of these photoshoots coming!
That stuff is sooo good. You'll get there someday! The ice cream is FAB.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Oh my gosh, A BUG?! Really?! I mean, it does look big (reminds me of a bit of the Spider, Mad-Eyed Moody from Harry Potter tests with Unforgivable curses, sorry been watching Harry Potter all day), but you have Spaceship Earth right over there. C'mon! Love your shadow picture though and it seems as if there is a random Hidden Mickey on the ground (not the shadow) where I believe Jess' head is.

Love your pictures in front of all the topiaries, truly a Flower & Frump festival there. You guys definitely made a great choice with those shirts especially with the pins, buttons and Mickey ears, you guys could totally be twins right there. (: And that's awesome you got to meet up with another friend... wait, did you say Bobby? The name sounds familiar especially in reference to the Figment ride... is this the same Bobby from Alicia's (Leasha_Loves_Disney) TR?

I have too!!! Harry Potter Weekend AWWW YEAH! <3 But yeah there is! Hehe they're everywhere.

Thanks! We love our shirts! We got asked if we were a LOT. Yeah it is the same Bobby! He's precious.


Anyways, awesome to see you found time to say hi to topiary Pluto. He was very appreciative I'm sure. Great pictures of World Showcase, you guys can go on your take-a-picture-of-everything ventures anytime because they are really pretty. I'm shocked you didn't stop in Norway though.

Awww, that's awesome you were reunited with the puppets, but... No Norman?! Wah. That's just awful they took him off the shelves, but I'm sure Norman Junior lives up to his memory. to more Deer Face pictures with an actual deer. You guys are just so punny lol

We did! I'm sure he was. Oh we will at some point I'm sure...

I know! He does though. We're huge Frumps lol.


Mmmmm, the food at Lotus Blossom looks so good! I really want to try that Ice Cream though the Apple Egg Roll looks pretty awesome too. Good thing next time I'll probably be in the World we want to check out China some more. LOL @ another "when you give a frump a camera" moment. Oh, Kristen, your creativity is beyond me haha

Can't wait to read about the rest of your time in the World Showcase!
It WAS! It was delicious! The ice cream is sooo yummy. Well thanks Timmy!


Quote:
Originally Posted by havingadisneyday View Post
So I'm reading along and enjoying the banter as usual when all the sudden I'm like whhhhaaaaaat??? That's ME in the middle!! Oh, just kidding.... but wouldn't it be really cool if someone did step forward and claim it? Its really a fabulous picture. I would frame it if I were you (or really that lady, lol). Carry on.
HAHAHAHAHA that would be HILARIOUS!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
As Disney-loving as I am, I probably would've been distracted by that bug as well.

And I very much enjoyed the deer pics. I don't know the story behind Norman Senior, but it sounds like he'll be dearly missed, and Norman Junior is pretty adorable.
I just didn't want to look at it...it was so HUGE.

Oh well thank you so very much! He will, for sure. ): Norman Junior is precious though. I love him. <3
__________________



WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:


The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #480
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!
 
PIRATEGIRL007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 13,708

I love the bug. I find it hilarious how that Disney can have all this cool stuff going on and exotic animals in Animal Kingdom but a duck walking down the path or a real deer sighting stops people dead in thier tracks. Cracks me up everytime.
PIRATEGIRL007 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: