Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #451
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

I'm all caught up, I'm enjoying the artistic photography but that unintentinial hideen mickey is the best. Looking forward to reading more.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #452
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATEGIRL007 View Post
I'm all caught up, I'm enjoying the artistic photography but that unintentinial hideen mickey is the best. Looking forward to reading more.
Yay! Thank you! It was such a funny coincidence.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #453
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Update #9: It's the Flower and Frump Festival!
May 12th, 2012

We arrived at Epcot, hopped off the magical motor coach, and low and behold we saw the most amazing thing in all of Disney. Or at least you would have thought it was. Everyone was MESMERIZED by this giant bug. Kristen and I, being the Disney-loving frumps that we are, were like "who cares about a stupid bug, we're in Epcot... LET'S GO!" Typical, typical.

They seriously stared at this bug for FOREVER. I was like can we MOVE people? I have places to be!

This is one of my favorite pictures from the entire trip. It's so simple, yet so perfect. To me it just seems to symbolize our inner child, our love for Disney, and that we're best friends having a wonderful time together! What more could you ask for, really?

Aww so cute. <3 Frumps forever!

We entered Epcot and were hit with a burst of Flower and Garden glory. We were SURROUNDED by the beautiful topiaries and flowers. The entire park was brought to life and we LOVED it!

A ton a pictures were obviously very necessary.

Frumps Forever (:

I loved the Flower & Garden displays! Fantasia was such a favorite in our house when I was younger!

The cute couple:

Moving a little farther into the park...

I love this picture! It's just perfectly placed... and I feel like it was a totally impulsive photo.

It was. I just love that fountain!

Once we entered the park, we went over to Captain EO because I had to say hi to my friend Bobby! He was down on his College Program during the Spring 2012 semester. His role was attractions and he worked at both Captain EO and Figment! You will meet him again later in this trip report, but he really wanted me to stop by and say a quick hi during his shift on this night. Kristen ended up pin trading with him for a baby Prince Eric pin, and he and I made potential plans to meet up later in the week!

I love Bobby! He's an angel.

More flowers:

This was made out of SAND. Incredible, right!?

We inched closer and closer to the World Showcase, but not without taking a picture with my FAVORITE character!

PLUTO! My love. ♥ ♥ ♥

And of course, this dynamic duo. (The ducks... not the frumps... although we are pretty dynamic, too.)

DONALD DUCK!

Kristen snapped a little picture of Mickey and Duffy on our way into the World Showcase:

And here's some IllumiNations torches! (we were in a "photograph everything" mood on this night... not that that's anything new.)

Mexico was the first country, but we were not stopping there...

NORVAY! No, not quite yet...

CHINA!! Yes, that was our intended destination!

We had to visit Norman junior and our Puppet friends!

And this is where things get a little crazy...

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 08-09-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #454
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Update #9: Adventures in China!
May 12th, 2012

It had been a few months so I had to catch up with my old pals.

They were very happy to have some familiar visitors!

FAMILY REUNION. <3

Happy Frump:

WE FOUND NORMAN JUNIOR!

How I love that deer.

Sad Frump:

Norman Senior was no longer. ): He has been removed from the shelves and we miss him deerly. (pun intended) RIP.

BAHAHAH ohh Jess, you kill me. RIP Norman Senior. It was swell making your acquaintance.

Norman Junior will have to carry on his legacy! FLY HIGH, NORMAN SENIOR!

Deer can fly...?? DISNEY MAGIC, PEOPLE.

FAMILY PHOTOS!

ON THE COUNT OF THREE, EVERYONE SAY "DEER FACE!"

Aww Jess! This should be our Christmas card!

Oh my God YES. Merry Christmas to one and all.... DEER FACE! Quite pleasant, isn't it?!

Feast yer eyes on some more Chinese Architecture!

But you can only do so in a SCOTTISH accent.

I'm glad you got that reference. GO SEE BRAVE, EVERYONE!

Then we decided to have dinner. (Yes, MORE FOOD. Can you believe it?) We ate at Lotus Blossom Café.

I got the Shrimp Fried Rice, and so did Mike. I hit a MAJOR food wall at this dinner, so whenever I think of the shrimp fried rice now, I remember that feeling of being way too full. I still need some time to recover from that.

From the perspective of someone who is never full...MAN that fried rice is GOOOOD!

The fact that I was full was a very rare occasion. It just doesn't happen, and that's why I am still getting recuperating.

Katie and Dave both got the Orange Chicken.

NOM NOM NOM.

Kristen got the Beef and Noodle Soup.

She really enjoyed it, clearly.

I did! It was delicious! NOODLES. <3 How can you go wrong? Unless you're a vegetarian of course, which I am not. Clearly. Bring on the MEAT YO.

FART SHOES!

I know, I know. I hear y'all. And the answer is no, I have not considered beauty pageants, but if you really think this is THAT attractive...

LOL.

Just kidding.

America has enough problems.

Moving on...

Katie got the Apple Egg Roll for dessert. I don't remember seeing that on the menu last time I was there, so that was a new discovery for me!

I got my favorite Red Bean Ice Cream for dessert! It's cool, refreshing, and sweet! It's strawberry ice cream only 5 million times better. I always have trouble explaining how good it is on my trip reports so you really need to go try it for yourself! It's available at Lotus Blossom Café and Nine Dragons!

Then Kristen got a hold of the camera again and another frump photo shoot ensued...

Ha, Mike has a little half-smoulder thing goin' on here...so proud, so proud.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 09-06-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #455
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

So sad to hear that Norman Senior is no more, but can I just say that Norman Junior is sooo adorable, the pic of you guys with him is awesome

About the bug...gross! Why would anyone actually want to stop and look at something that nasty, especially when youčre in WDW of all places.

Dinner looks fantastic....the red bean ice cream is seriously one of my favorite desserts on disney property.

Cant wait for more guys

Old 08-10-2012, 05:42 AM   #456
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

Great update! Norman Junior is sooooo cute! Love the family photo! Omg that food looks AMAZING. Getting tummy rumbles just looking at it, lol.

Follow me on instagram: Nina_bina20

Our Paris/Disney Adventure
[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The 'Oh my God! We can actually go!' Pre - trip Report:
The 'Oh my God! We Actually Went!' Trip Report:
Old 08-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #457
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
So sad to hear that Norman Senior is no more, but can I just say that Norman Junior is sooo adorable, the pic of you guys with him is awesome

About the bug...gross! Why would anyone actually want to stop and look at something that nasty, especially when youčre in WDW of all places.

Dinner looks fantastic....the red bean ice cream is seriously one of my favorite desserts on disney property.

Cant wait for more guys
We missed him very much, but as long as there's some sort of deer there to visit, I am happy! Thank you!
I KNOW! That's exactly what we said. It wasn't THAT exciting!
Me too!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeny17 View Post
Great update! Norman Junior is sooooo cute! Love the family photo! Omg that food looks AMAZING. Getting tummy rumbles just looking at it, lol.
Thank you! Hahaha I'm glad you enjoy our deer antics. It was very good!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #458
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

Awesome update!

It's funny what some people find fascinating. Bugs, signs, grass. Anything!

So I may have to check out Lotus Blossom Cafe for the Red Bean Ice Cream! That looks super yummy, and I'm an ice cream freak!

Can't wait to read more!

As soon as we can plan another trip, I'll start my TR
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
Old 08-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #459
DianeW
Worshipping at the shrine of the corporate Mouse

Location: Too far from Disney...in the beautiful Rocky mountains

Super cute trip report!!

Strawberry bean ice cream, huh? Why have I never tried this? Maybe because it looks so plain in the face of dark chocolate sea salt caramels, school bread, and the magnificent pastry concoctions from France. But clearly, it is one of those deceptively simply, yet mind-numbingly delicious treats that must be now moved to the top of my list. Thanks for the tip!!

Old 08-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #460
Reberella
Mouseketeer

Hahahahahaha the deer pictures are hilarious! What a sweet family RIP Norman
The dinner looks yum! I really should try there."Bring on the meat yo" This whole chapter cracked me up!

Old 08-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #461
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Omg, ew. People, it is a nasty ugly bug. You are in Epcot. Where are their priorities?

Loving these F&G (or should I say... F&F) photos! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see that in person some day. It's so beautiful!!!

Omg, my poor broken heart. Norman Senior, it has been a pleasure seeing pictures of you. Normal Junior, keep the legacy alive!!!

Kristen, you crack me up. Please consider beauty pageants!!! The deer face would win it all.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #462
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
Awesome update!

It's funny what some people find fascinating. Bugs, signs, grass. Anything!

So I may have to check out Lotus Blossom Cafe for the Red Bean Ice Cream! That looks super yummy, and I'm an ice cream freak!

Can't wait to read more!
Thank you!
I know... the possibilities are endless!
You should! From one ice cream lover to another, you NEED to try the red bean ice cream from China! You will love it!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeW View Post
Super cute trip report!!

Strawberry bean ice cream, huh? Why have I never tried this? Maybe because it looks so plain in the face of dark chocolate sea salt caramels, school bread, and the magnificent pastry concoctions from France. But clearly, it is one of those deceptively simply, yet mind-numbingly delicious treats that must be now moved to the top of my list. Thanks for the tip!!
Haha thank you so much!
Yes!! Absolutely. It may seem plain but it's SO good!! I think your description is perfect! I hope that you try it next time! You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
Hahahahahaha the deer pictures are hilarious! What a sweet family RIP Norman
The dinner looks yum! I really should try there."Bring on the meat yo" This whole chapter cracked me up!
Haha thank you!
It was! You should! I never tried that place until January 2011 and I realized how much I was missing out!
Hahaha it was definitely a frumpy one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Omg, ew. People, it is a nasty ugly bug. You are in Epcot. Where are their priorities?

Loving these F&G (or should I say... F&F) photos! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see that in person some day. It's so beautiful!!!

Omg, my poor broken heart. Norman Senior, it has been a pleasure seeing pictures of you. Normal Junior, keep the legacy alive!!!

Kristen, you crack me up. Please consider beauty pageants!!! The deer face would win it all.
I know! Some people just don't understand. DISNEY = MOST IMPORTANT THING EVER.
Lol F&F. That's fantastic. I hope you get to! It's really awesome!
I know, poor norman senior.
Hahaha we will title it "from frump to fabulous!"
Old 08-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #463
emma212010
DIS Veteran

I love Epcot so so so so much! I feel like I NEVER have enough time there!

Lovely family picture! Too cute!!

OMG, that orange chicken from China is amazing! Wow that apple eggroll looks heavenly too!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 08-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #464
Disneydude97
Reaching New Horizons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post

We arrived at Epcot, hopped off the magical motor coach, and low and behold we saw the most amazing thing in all of Disney. Or at least you would have thought it was. Everyone was MESMERIZED by this giant bug. Kristen and I, being the Disney-loving frumps that we are, were like "who cares about a stupid bug, we're in Epcot... LET'S GO!" Typical, typical.

They seriously stared at this bug for FOREVER. I was like can we MOVE people? I have places to be!
That bug is HUGE! I just wanna stare at it all day...NOT!

Oh, and I noticed you called Norway "Nor-vay". Sorta reminds me of the 2005 vacation planning DVD.

*The four hosts are wearing viking helmets, and Luke and Dave are trying to row the Viking boat*
Dave: Let's just take the elevator.
*all four cross arms and sink down*
Old 08-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #465
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Sorry I've been MIA, but I have good reason- I was in Disney. I just started the TR. Link is in my siggie, if you're interested.
Lunch at Tony's looks good. What a frumpy photo shoot! OMG! I must eat at Lotus Blossom Cafe. The food looks so good!
That's so sad about Norman Senior.

"You Guys Are Looking At Me Like I'm Your Executioner!" An Aug '12 TR!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2973705

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: