Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #436
aras4007
Mouseketeer

I'm so glad you guys had the Nutella Waffle!! I've been dying to try it but haven't seen too many reviews on it..then again..how can it be bad? Its on my list to try in September!
Love that you had 3 desserts in the matter of a few hours! HAHA who cares! You care on vacation!!
Also, I laughed at your "made up" word of Saratogian. That is actually the name of the local newspaper in Saratoga, NY. Its also what people who live in Saratoga are called! So you did good!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #437
Kelliroo3
A Disney World fan

I love those mickey ears! So cute, especially with the frump touch.

I need to stop reading your trip reports (jk!)...every time I read one I have something added on my "to do, to eat, or to buy list" when I go!! That nutella sandwich is definetely on the to eat list! This past July I had the berry croissant bread pudding at Sunshine Seasons and it was delicious! I need to have it again haha.

Can't wait for more!
First trip to Disneyland: July 2010
First December trip: December 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #438
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

So cute - love the Frump ears!
Jealous of the Dole Whip - I had planned to try it in June and I was so full by the time I was near the stand that I never did.

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground
Old 08-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #439
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Ugh, talk about annoying. I hate the stupid submission timer on these comments. Now I have to rewrite what was an awesome comment :P

Anyways, love your Frump ears! "Frump font" haha I can only imagine what that looks like. But I really don't like the whole nickname issue, I was hoping before I would get some nickname if I get the chance for some nice Ears. :/ Love MK Map bow, Kristen! And those Waffle sandwiches are looking good, might have to jump on the Nutella train for those or I'll go for the Spicy Chicken ones instead. Either way, they really are very photogenic.

Thank you so much! Haha I would imagine it would look similar... the "fun" font was pretty frumpy! Well, you can get nicknames now! That was an old policy. YUM that waffle sandwich was delicious!

Oh my gosh what an awesome Splash Mountain photo! Jess' face, truly priceless. A shame the angle of the camera had to block out Kristen's face or did you not want to be seen? And that's so cool you got to meet up with another friend Jess. I think it's so hard for me now to think of not seeing friends in the World because they always show up. And mmmm... that Citrus Swirl looks good! I think I may have to pay my new friend the Orange Bird a visit, it seems this Sunshine Tree Terrace is the place to be now.

Haha I'm a fart shoes. Nope, it's just the angling! Yeah, I met up with a lot of people on this trip actually! I always seem to know someone who is in WDW the same time as I am! I need to try a Citrus Swirl next time! I never got to because I needed my Dole Whip!

I have to agree with Kristen, yes, there truly is no limit to how much ice cream you have in a day and yes, that did deserve it's only separate section. No one's mad!

Seriously! Ice Cream is life. Kristen and I both had ice cream twice yesterday. No one was mad. (except maybe our thighs.... but they'll get over it. )

Oh those Dole Whips, they are so enticing and photogenic. I may have to give up my aversion to pineapple just for those Dole Whips, you know... to please the people... hehe The things Disney makes me do. *crosses fingers for DLR trip* Love all your shadow/Hidden Mickey pictures! You guys always find new ways to make an HM for yourselves haha The one in the rocks is great though and I love the flower pictures (So pretty!). The whole matching T-shirts thing is such a good idea too, you guys are such a... precious pair of friends. I may have to do something similar at Design-A-Tee for the (possible) graduation trip with friends except more multi-colored... if you don't mind of course, but it's SUCH a great idea.

You definitely should! You can always get a vanilla or orange one, too! Thank you! We thought they were really cute. Aww thanks timmy! Design A Tee is really cool! It's such a great keepsake and idea to make the trip really special!

Hope I didn't go too overboard with this comment, can't wait to read about your park for the night!
Haha it was relatively manageable! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
Love the Frump-date!

I really love the mouse ears- so funny they had to be approved!

How come your pineapple softserve is a different color than Katie's?! Are there different types?
Thank you very much!
I know, that was crazy!
I don't know why the pineapple looked so weird that day! For my and Katie's floats it was so bright yellow, but usually it looks like that soft serve that Kristen has! Oh well! It tasted the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Lovin the frump hats. I love how the bow comes out under the hat as well
Thank you! I know, that was really cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
The Frump Mickey ears are like…the most genius idea EVER!

I LOVE your MK park bow, Kristen! I have looked at the girl’s website before and I love everything she makes.

The Nutella waffle sandwich is beautiful.

I love vintage Disney things and the Orange Bird now takes up a very big place in my life. I don’t know, when they re-introduced him, I just fell in love with him. Maybe it’s his little catchy song. “Little orange bird, in the sunshine tree…” And he’s adorable!

The Dole Whip group picture is wonderful. Heaven all in one photo.

The Frump ears and the shirts go so well together!
Haha thank you!
Isn't she incredible!? I love that website... however, it's going to make me go broke!
YUM and it's delicious!
Aww that's adorable! He is REALLY cute! I want to get a Little Orange Bird cup next time I go!
I know, I was very pleased with how photogenic they were!
Thank you! I'm glad you think so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliebelle3 View Post
That picture of you two in front of the castle with your embroidered ears is one of the cutest pics EVER!

On my last trip my sister got the nutella waffle and I was very jealous and wanted one for myself, so I went the next morning when we were at the magic kingdom (healthy breakfast, right?!) but was bummed they weren't serving them yet....BUT they had an egg and cheese waffle sandwich and oh. my. god....it was delish!

Oh...and... I live in Saratoga Springs NY and I'm happy to report that Saratogian is a word
Aww thank you! I know, that's one of my favorite pictures of all time!
They SHOULD sell them for breakfast! Why the heck don't they!? How weird. I mean, it's a waffle. Isn't a waffle breakfast food? I digress. That sounds really good though! I'm glad there was a substitute!
Hahaha Kristen will be happy to hear that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateprincess1976 View Post
Frump hats= best idea EVER!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Frump hats, waffles with nutella, instagram, citrus swirl, Orange Bird, dole whip, and a perfect Splash Mountain picture - both of those updates were epic.
Haha thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
I'm so glad you guys had the Nutella Waffle!! I've been dying to try it but haven't seen too many reviews on it..then again..how can it be bad? Its on my list to try in September!
Love that you had 3 desserts in the matter of a few hours! HAHA who cares! You care on vacation!!
Also, I laughed at your "made up" word of Saratogian. That is actually the name of the local newspaper in Saratoga, NY. Its also what people who live in Saratoga are called! So you did good!
It is DELICIOUS! When we heard about it, we knew that trying it wouldbe a necessity! YUM!
Hahaha seriously... all we did this day was EAT. That's why we hit the wall. Many times.
Haha Kristen will be happy to find that out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelliroo3 View Post
I love those mickey ears! So cute, especially with the frump touch.

I need to stop reading your trip reports (jk!)...every time I read one I have something added on my "to do, to eat, or to buy list" when I go!! That nutella sandwich is definetely on the to eat list! This past July I had the berry croissant bread pudding at Sunshine Seasons and it was delicious! I need to have it again haha.

Can't wait for more!
Thank you so much!
LOL well, at least it's not a bad thing! It was SO good! Oh my God... I'm SO glad that you loved the bread pudding! Isn't it amazing!? GAHH I wish I could have it for breakfast.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLY1985 View Post
So cute - love the Frump ears!
Jealous of the Dole Whip - I had planned to try it in June and I was so full by the time I was near the stand that I never did.
Thank you so much!
Aww that stinks! Dole Whips are like the lightest snack at Disney so I always can somehow eat it even on my fullest stomach. (like on this day. Clearly, we didn't go more than an hour or two without eating!) You'll have to get one next time!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #440
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Omg, the Space photo. Too funny.

I recommend the flatbread at Tony's. It is superb!

When you give a frump a camera. AHAHAHAH.

Love the frump ears and the Splash pic.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #441
sue_88
DIS veteran

Very fun updates! And it is true, the Frump stitching and the Mickey ears are a natural combination!

My first trip report. In progress!
Let's Start with Art!! A November 2013 Trip Report
[/URL]
Old 08-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #442
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Omg, the Space photo. Too funny.

I recommend the flatbread at Tony's. It is superb!

When you give a frump a camera. AHAHAHAH.

Love the frump ears and the Splash pic.
Haha thanks!
I have heard good things!
Fart Shoes!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_88 View Post
Very fun updates! And it is true, the Frump stitching and the Mickey ears are a natural combination!
Thank you! Haha I know... we thought it looked perfect together!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #443
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Catching up from your first full Disney day! Kristen's bow is so cool! I just had to check out that girl's site. The t-shirts and sweatshirts have such unique prints!

Awesome food pictures from Crystal Palace! That's what I like to see, YUM!

HAHAHA, your Space Mountain photo is hilarious! I wonder what that lady thought when she saw the picture later on.

Ooo, I will have to look for the ring at Haunted Mansion next time. I completely forgot about it because I was so engrossed with everything in the interactive queue.

Awww, how sweet that you guys got the embroidery for free! What a doll Anita was to give you the money back! And it's so cool that you were able to get "Frump" on it. I remember reading a while back that nicknames weren't allowed.

The Dole Whip isn't REALLY ice cream since it doesn't have dairy in it (the only reason I can have it!). Haha, so there's no reason to feel guilty at all! Either that or you don't have to feel bad getting more ice cream later in the day or something!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 08-05-2012, 03:46 AM   #444
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

Hi ladies! I'm subbing in. Just found this & read it all tonight. I've followed along on other TRs of yours but barely commented, so I'm glad that you haven't gotten too far into this one yet for me to jump into it.

First of all, your pics from WPE were amazing! I love that place, but the last couple of trips to DTD I have been won over by EoS. After your update I think I will be going to WPE again. The mac & cheese looked so good.

THANK YOU for introducing me to the Disney Quotes pillows. Um, I need a Fastpass one. It's not a want, it's a need. Just clarifying.

Lastly, I love the Mickey ears. So perfect for both of you.

Can't wait to read more!
Old 08-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #445
emma212010
DIS Veteran

That hat story cracked me up!!

OMG those waffles are absolutely amazing!! We had them in June, and I just about died it was so good! Nutella is my favorite!!! Add yummy fruit and a huge Belgian waffle.... I just can't even.... oh, it's just delicious!

I love your Splash ride pic! Too cute!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 08-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #446
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Catching up from your first full Disney day! Kristen's bow is so cool! I just had to check out that girl's site. The t-shirts and sweatshirts have such unique prints!

Awesome! Her site in incredible! I seriously want to buy EVERYTHING!!

Awesome food pictures from Crystal Palace! That's what I like to see, YUM!

Hahaha I'm very glad that they were appreciated!

HAHAHA, your Space Mountain photo is hilarious! I wonder what that lady thought when she saw the picture later on.

LOL I know. I wonder if people ever wonder what the heck is wrong with us when they see our ride pictures show up on the screens.

Ooo, I will have to look for the ring at Haunted Mansion next time. I completely forgot about it because I was so engrossed with everything in the interactive queue.

I alwyas forget about it too! There's so much to see! But it is a really cool detail!

Awww, how sweet that you guys got the embroidery for free! What a doll Anita was to give you the money back! And it's so cool that you were able to get "Frump" on it. I remember reading a while back that nicknames weren't allowed.

I know, that was SO nice. It's always great to save money in any little way possible - especially in Disney! Thank goodness they changed the rule before we got there!

The Dole Whip isn't REALLY ice cream since it doesn't have dairy in it (the only reason I can have it!). Haha, so there's no reason to feel guilty at all! Either that or you don't have to feel bad getting more ice cream later in the day or something!
Yes, I have heard that it is one healthy snack! That's why I can always eat it... even if I'm already stuffed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
Hi ladies! I'm subbing in. Just found this & read it all tonight. I've followed along on other TRs of yours but barely commented, so I'm glad that you haven't gotten too far into this one yet for me to jump into it.

Aww thanks for being here! I'm glad you caught us at a good time!

First of all, your pics from WPE were amazing! I love that place, but the last couple of trips to DTD I have been won over by EoS. After your update I think I will be going to WPE again. The mac & cheese looked so good.

YUM wpe is absolutely amazing! It's always such a war between EoS and WPE for me... because I love them both! I try to switch every other trip!

THANK YOU for introducing me to the Disney Quotes pillows. Um, I need a Fastpass one. It's not a want, it's a need. Just clarifying.

Haha you are very welcome! Yes, that's exactly what I said when I saw them, too!

Lastly, I love the Mickey ears. So perfect for both of you.

Haha thank you! I'm glad we got them!

Can't wait to read more!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
That hat story cracked me up!!

OMG those waffles are absolutely amazing!! We had them in June, and I just about died it was so good! Nutella is my favorite!!! Add yummy fruit and a huge Belgian waffle.... I just can't even.... oh, it's just delicious!

I love your Splash ride pic! Too cute!
Haha I'm glad you found it amusing!
They were DELICIOUS! I'm glad you tried one too!
Thank you!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:07 AM   #447
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Awh Frump ears are a great idea!
Did many people ask you about them? Or what it meant when you were around the parks? I wonder when they changed the rules about letting nicknames.
My name is Sally but my nickname is Salad and a few years ago I tried to get that on a hat and they wouldn't let me... far too offensive I guess

That is such a perfect picture of you guys with the ears and the castle in the background! Definitely frameworthy!
I know everyone has said it but the bow is awesome! I love her work!

Oh gosh! Nutella at Disneyworld! PERFECTION!
Disney food is so freakin photogenic- such attractive fooood!

Jess' face on Splash is hilarious!! I love that everyone has their mouth open!

You can never have too many desserts at Disney... factual
Multiple desserts each day are almost a given.
They are so pretty all together!

Saratoga Springs looks so amazing!
You know when you start a chapter in matching shirts its going to be a good one.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #448
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Awh Frump ears are a great idea!
Did many people ask you about them? Or what it meant when you were around the parks? I wonder when they changed the rules about letting nicknames.
My name is Sally but my nickname is Salad and a few years ago I tried to get that on a hat and they wouldn't let me... far too offensive I guess

That is such a perfect picture of you guys with the ears and the castle in the background! Definitely frameworthy!
I know everyone has said it but the bow is awesome! I love her work!

Thanks! Not really...we got a couple looks and then CM's were a bit confused but that's about it. HAHAHA well they've changed the policy regarding nicknames since then. You're allowed to get Salad now I think!

Thanks! I love it! Oh thank you! I know, Hayley is amazing.

Oh gosh! Nutella at Disneyworld! PERFECTION!
Disney food is so freakin photogenic- such attractive fooood!

Jess' face on Splash is hilarious!! I love that everyone has their mouth open!

You can never have too many desserts at Disney... factual
Multiple desserts each day are almost a given.
They are so pretty all together!

Saratoga Springs looks so amazing!
You know when you start a chapter in matching shirts its going to be a good one.
Right though? YUM.

Isn't it? She's such a frump.

This is so true. I love Disney desserts. <3

It's so pretty! HAHAHA yes this is SO true.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 08-08-2012, 12:34 AM   #449
catchmeifyoucan
Earning My Ears

Love your trip reports, and I can't wait to read more! Your writing style is awesome, and I love all the photos that you post! I have a tentative trip planned for November, can't wait! Reading your TRs just gets me more excited! Eek!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:33 AM   #450
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchmeifyoucan View Post
Love your trip reports, and I can't wait to read more! Your writing style is awesome, and I love all the photos that you post! I have a tentative trip planned for November, can't wait! Reading your TRs just gets me more excited! Eek!!!
Thank you so much! Thanks!! I hope it works out! That'll be AWESOME!!!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: