Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 08:16 PM   #406
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Haha, that's awesome being your biggest fans. You guys are... precious, I just can't find another word there lol

Then Kristen needs to trade some pins though I found a big group of them on eBay. They look legit and decently priced so I would go for it and you'll probably find some good ones in DLR.
Hahaha well thanks Timmy. :P

I do pin trade! I'm a big fan of it haha. I love all my HM pins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayalltheway View Post
Hi Frumps! I just wanted to come out of lurker-dom after months of reading all of the TRs both of you have done. I got my wife on board about a month ago and now she's all caught up too. We used so many of your tips on our trip in May, so thanks for that and for providing many hours of distraction from work.
Hi there! Thanks for being here!! That's awesome! I'm so glad we could help you guys! Hope you had an awesome time! I see by your sig that you're gonna be DLR regulars. That's AMAZING! I love it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
HAHA that poor single rider has no idea she ruined your ride photo plan! Although, she looks a little guilty in the picture, so maybe she knew EXACTLY what she was doing. That's what I call a very sneaky photobomb. Oh well, I like the iPhone one anyway! How do you guys come up with this stuff so quickly?! John and I tried a couple funny ride photos on our trip and it ended up being a series of total failures.

HAHAHAHA Kristen, your Buzz Lightyear photo, and Jess, Bean the imaginary friend...I love you guys. Thank you for bringing me endless frumpy joy.

I think she actually did! I think she just felt super awkward about it though...but thanks! I have NO idea. We have very strange/creative minds I guess haha.

Hehehe thanks. :P We love you too! You are so very welcome.

Ahhh Jess I took a picture with the same PoTC dog on my trip! Great minds think alike.

YAY! I love the recreated trip photo! I think this should be a new tradition!

Someone seriously needs to get control of Brer Fox and Brer Bear. They cause WAY too much commotion downstream.

I've only been to Tony's once, but really want to go back! I love Lady and the Tramp so much!

That's very impressive napkin art, and all that food looks fabulous!
Frump minds think alike!

Thanks! I have a feeling that it will be!

AMEN sista. They need a time out or a good lecture or SOMETHING. They're holdin' up the Frumps!

Me too! It's a very beautiful restaurant and all of our food was very good!

Props to Mike for that one. He's quite the artist! The food was great!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 08-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #407
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

Was the Fastpass return time being enforced when you were on this trip? I'm interested to hear how that is working!

7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #408
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
Was the Fastpass return time being enforced when you were on this trip? I'm interested to hear how that is working!
Yeah it was! It's annoying for sure, but it's not too bad. You just have to plan around that. It throws a bit of a wrench into things, but it isn't hard to work around it. There's a 5 minute window before the return time and a 15 minute window afterward.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

Old 08-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #409
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
Hahaha well thanks Timmy. :P

I do pin trade! I'm a big fan of it haha. I love all my HM pins!
Haha I was saying that as you should trade with Jess and I. I need me some Haunted Mansion pins. I swear being away from WDW has made this my new favorite ride and I really want to ride it in DLR now.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #410
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Haha I was saying that as you should trade with Jess and I. I need me some Haunted Mansion pins. I swear being away from WDW has made this my new favorite ride and I really want to ride it in DLR now.
No way am I trading those!

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 08-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #411
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
No way am I trading those!
Then I better be going to Disneyland soon or I may spontaneously combust. I NEED HM PINS!!!!!!

Old 08-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #412
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Then I better be going to Disneyland soon or I may spontaneously combust. I NEED HM PINS!!!!!!
Yeah! Hopefully you do!!

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 08-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #413
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Update #8: "We want the word 'Frump.' F-R-U-M-P."
May 12th, 2012

Once we finished eating, we made a stop into the Chapeau to get our FRUMP MICKEY EARS!

Yes people, we were getting Mickey ears embroidered with the word "Frump" on the back. Why we haven't thought of this before? I have no idea.

Not really sure...but it was TOTALLY necessary.

We picked out the classic black ears and brought them up to the table.

The cast member asked us what name we would like embroidered, and we were like "well... we want a word. Frump. F-R-U-M-P."

The Cast Member kind of looked at us and was like "umm... I need to check if that's allowed." So he went in the back.

Maybe Frump is a swear word in like...Mozambique or something. Oops.

Meanwhile, another cast member named Anita from Puerto Rico asked if we needed help. We told her what we wanted and that the previous CM went to check. She was like "...well it doesn't sound offensive! It should be fine." Apparently they get weird about nicknames there so they just have to be approved. Nicknames weren't even allowed on the Mickey Ears until recently!

The first cast member came back with the OK! We picked the "fun" font and white for our color.

Because there was no "frump" font, sadly...

Anita cashed Kristen out and gave her free embroidery for her birthday! The first CM cashed me out and didn't give it to me, even though I had my birthday button on too! He was like "Oh... I didn't see your button." Once he finished cashing me out, he left and Anita gave me my $7 back! YAY I was so happy. Thank you, Anita!

YEAH YEAH! YAY for free stuff!

We left the Chapeau proudly with our new ears! We had to take a bunch of pictures!

This picture literally sums up out entire friendship. It's my favorite:

It's kind of the most precious picture ever. I love it.

Kristen also wanted to get a good picture of her Magic Kingdom Park Map Bow (from magicalribbons.tumblr.com) with the Castle in the background!

I love that girl! Her bows are absolutely beautiful and so perfect! You all should check her out! She's amazing!

Next it was time to check a recently added item off of Jess' and my bucket list. It was time to try the Nutella Waffle Sandwich!

For those of you who aren't aware, Sleepy Hollow Refreshments (located on the bridge into Liberty Square on your right) has recently introduced a selection of waffle sandwiches to their menu. Now, Jess and I are OBSESSED with Nutella. It's like our favorite non-Disney food. So we had our sights (and our stomachs) set on this bad boy for a while! We hopped in line, only waited a few minutes, grabbed a nice table with a view of Cindy's Place and DOVE IN.

LOOK. AT. IT.

Isn't it beautiful? It was FABULOUS. How can you go wrong with a fresh, soft Belgian waffle that's slathered in Nutella and has delicious fruit piled on top??

Answer: YOU CAN'T.

We were in Heaven.

HIDDEN MICKEY ALERT:

Do ya see it? That wasn't even planned! Gotta love shadows.

I'm so proud of that picture! Gotta love hidden mickeys - intentional or not!

So delicious. And so photogenic!

Mike and Katie helped us a little bit, but this baby was mainly devoured by yours truly:

The Frumps! We loved it! It has become one of my new favorite snacks at the Magic Kingdom. Now, Sleepy Hollow also serves up a Spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwich and a Ham, Prosciutto & Swiss WAffle Sandwich. HOWEVER, Sleepy Hollow ONLY serves these three beauties from 11 A.M. - 5 P.M. daily, so grab 'em while you can!

However, last I heard, my one friend on the DCP was getting one at 11 pm at night! So they may have changed it. Just to be safe, I would grab one in the early afternoon. You don't wanna miss out if you can help it!

The fact that Nutella and Disney were combined in this little snack was just pure brilliance. It was so phenomenal! And the fruit was FRESH. I am beyond obsessed with fruit (I eat it like it's my job) so this waffle was right up my alley! What a wonderful addition to the Disney World.

Now that we had dessert out of the way, we decided to see about using our Splash Fastpasses!

Splash was up and running once again, so we hurried on in before any more commotion was caused downstream!

There was no real inspiration behind that ride pose, except I'm glad that it's REALLY funny and I'm also glad that Jess' face makes me crack up EVERY. TIME.

It's priceless.

BAHAHAHA yeah it's even funnier than I thought. Fart shoes.

After Splash, Jess headed over to Fantasyland to meet up with her friend Hayley!

I met up with Hayley by the carrousel! She is in the same theatre program as me at school. A week or so after I transferred, she told me that she was going to WDW in May and we started talking Disney. She told me how she was staying at Wilderness Lodge and how she STALKS DISNEY FOOD BLOG so we instantly became friends.

We were really excited when I booked this trip with Kristen because we were going to be in Disney at the same time! We counted down the days and we were finally there! She had just arrived that morning and they had a dinner ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern that night. They were quite excited!

After our little chat, I said goodbye and see you soon! Then I headed back to find the rest of the group!

In the meantime, I had been eager to check out Sunshine Tree Terrace in lieu of its return to its former glory, Orange Bird and all!

Dave, Mike, Katie and I all headed that way. I was so happy to see Little Orange Bird all OVER that terrace! Even though I wasn't exactly alive for the original thing, it's nice to see some vintage MK stuff making a comeback.

So what better to order from the revamped place than the ultimate classic: the Citrus Swirl!

Mike and I shared this, and oh my goodness was it GOOD. I loved it! So fresh, with the perfect balance of sweet and straight up OJ taste. It was amazing! I can definitely see why so many people were such big fans and why they're all so happy to see that its made a comeback! It's awesome! Definitely perfect to cool you down on a hot summer day.

I got a text from Jess saying that she was on her way over, so we decided to meet in the most logical place, especially since I had already had two desserts that afternoon.

I'm not kidding. It happened. Ice cream three times in one day, right Lia? More on that next!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 08-01-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #414
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Update #8: "Oh, What the Heck. I'll Have One Too."

May 12th, 2012

We got in the ridiculously long Dole Whip line (It was the afternoon, it was sunny, it was hot. Do ya blame people?) and Jess hopped in with us when she got back. Katie was looking forward to her first Dole Whip because her Aunt, who is a big Disney fan, told her about how delicious they are! The line took quite a while and I was getting pretty hot. Jess and Katie were both planning on getting Dole Whips, but I wasn't. However, I was so hot by the time we got to the window, and the cast member was so sad when I didn't order one that I just caved and had one too.

What can I say? I'm a people pleaser.

What a sacrifice you made. Such a saint.

Here's Katie's Pineapple on Pineapple Float!

Jess' Pineapple/Vanilla Float!

GOD, I love that picture. It's just too pretty.

And my Pineapple Soft Serve!

YUM! I'm not a huge fan of the pineapple juice because it melts the ice cream faster, and I HATE melty ice cream, so I just went with the straight up soft serve.

Okay now everybody get together! GROUP PICTURE!

They were all so delicious and refreshing!

It is totally okay to have ice cream multiple times a day.

No one was mad.

We continued to finish our Dole Whips as we frumped out of the Magic Kingdom. It was already pretty well into the afternoon, and we all wanted to freshen up and chill for a bit before heading to the park of the evening!

On the way out, I noticed the new Sunshine Tree Terrace Poster in the breezeway:

He's so cute!

We had to take a Main Street Station pic of course!

We got back to Saratoga Springs and went back to the villa, taking pictures all the way.

A Frump Shadow! Not Peter Pan's...I'll keep an eye out though!

Some beautiful Saratogian (is that a word?) flowers!

The Frump at such a classy resort:

Do we look out of place? I hope not because I love SSR! They have Hidden Mickeys in the ROCKS!

I believe this was taken in the elevator...

Fart shoes.

We got back to the room, changed, freshened up and wrote in our trip journals. Then it was back on the bus and off to EPCOT!

We wore our matching shirts that night! TWIN FRUMPS!

The happy couple.

FRUMP.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 08-09-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:28 AM   #415
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Okay, your Frump ears are officially AMAZING!!! Yay that you were allowed to have them made!!

That Nutella waffle looks awesome! I'm also pretty obsessed with Nutella .
Old 08-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #416
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

That is a serious dole whip that you had Kristen! It's so tall!

And everyone keeps talking about this nutella waffle...I think I should try it next time I'm at the MK!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #417
Disneydude97
Reaching New Horizons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post

There was no real inspiration behind that ride pose, except I'm glad that it's REALLY funny and I'm also glad that Jess' face makes me crack up EVERY. TIME.

It's priceless.
My interpretation of the photo:

Mike: telling the kid in back to shut up.
Katie: trying to hold back laughter.
Jess and Kristen: screaming like frumps.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #418
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

YAY A FRUMPDATE!!

LMAO it is so hilarious that the CM had to check if Frump was allowed. I wonder if they have like a list of forbidden words taped to the wall in the back or something, or if he literally had to go up to a manager and be like "Can we put FRUMP on the Mickey Ears?"

No "Frump" font? Oh just wait til you guys do the College Program. I'm sure they'll add a Frump font.

Aww I love all the pics of you guys in front of the castle! SO CUTE!!

Omg just hours ago I added Sleepy Hollow to our must-do CS list for October b/c of that Nutella sandwich. That is one of the #1 things I can not wait to eat!

OH MY GOD I LITERALLY JUST CACKLED OUT LOUD AT THAT SPLASH PICTURE. JESS. YOUR FACE. AND THEN........hahahahahahahhahahaha almost every single person in this picture makes me crack up.

Quote:
I'm not kidding. It happened. Ice cream three times in one day, right Lia? More on that next!
YES YES YES. That's right. It's really impressive how much you can eat. I mean I thought I could eat a lot but you and Jess give me a run for my money. I wish I could adopt a second stomach for the Food & Wine Festival b/c I just don't know how I'm going to do it all... BUT I MUST. For the good of my Trip Report. And the good of our country really.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #419
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Okay, your Frump ears are officially AMAZING!!! Yay that you were allowed to have them made!!

That Nutella waffle looks awesome! I'm also pretty obsessed with Nutella .
Thanks! We love them! Thank God they let us!

It WAS! OMG it's soooo good! Nutella is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
That is a serious dole whip that you had Kristen! It's so tall!

And everyone keeps talking about this nutella waffle...I think I should try it next time I'm at the MK!
I know! Sir Cast Member was very generous. It was delicious!

You definitely should! It's fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude97 View Post
My interpretation of the photo:

Mike: telling the kid in back to shut up.
Katie: trying to hold back laughter.
Jess and Kristen: screaming like frumps.
Haha that seems pretty accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
YAY A FRUMPDATE!!

LMAO it is so hilarious that the CM had to check if Frump was allowed. I wonder if they have like a list of forbidden words taped to the wall in the back or something, or if he literally had to go up to a manager and be like "Can we put FRUMP on the Mickey Ears?"

No "Frump" font? Oh just wait til you guys do the College Program. I'm sure they'll add a Frump font.

Hehe a FRUMPDATE. <3

I know it was so weird! I wonder if Frump was on the "acceptable" list or they just had to assume...and the manager would be like "I don't know..." LOL the confusion we cause.

Oh I hope so! That would be just fabulous.

Aww I love all the pics of you guys in front of the castle! SO CUTE!!

Omg just hours ago I added Sleepy Hollow to our must-do CS list for October b/c of that Nutella sandwich. That is one of the #1 things I can not wait to eat!

OH MY GOD I LITERALLY JUST CACKLED OUT LOUD AT THAT SPLASH PICTURE. JESS. YOUR FACE. AND THEN........hahahahahahahhahahaha almost every single person in this picture makes me crack up.

YES YES YES. That's right. It's really impressive how much you can eat. I mean I thought I could eat a lot but you and Jess give me a run for my money. I wish I could adopt a second stomach for the Food & Wine Festival b/c I just don't know how I'm going to do it all... BUT I MUST. For the good of my Trip Report. And the good of our country really.
Thanks!

Oh good! It's fabulous. You're gonna LOVE it.

HAHAHAHAHA I know right!? It kills me. It's sheer brilliance.

Hehe YES. Well thank you very much! It's one of the things we pride ourselves on. You must channel your inner Frump. It'll help you grow a second stomach I think. It's sort of a national emergency. YOU must eat. It's your salute to all nations but mostly America. Sam Eagle would be so proud.

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 08-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #420
Reberella
Mouseketeer

I love those frump hats! You two look so cute That would be interesting to see on someones hat That's weird that they didn't allow nicknames on hats before

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: