Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #391
jpmandan
DIS Veteran

Have Y'all ever Googled "FART SHOES"? Y'all's pictures are in thr images section... To funny!

Our WDW trips 2002,2003,2006,2007,2008,2009,2011
Old 07-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #392
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
The food at Tony's looks really good, I could go for that Chicken Parmesan right about now, or the Baked Ziti... yum! Great update
It was great! So could I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmandan View Post
Have Y'all ever Googled "FART SHOES"? Y'all's pictures are in thr images section... To funny!
Hahaha I just did and OMG we are!!! That's hilarious!!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #393
ChelseaIsMyBelle
Earning My Ears

Great updates !! I really look forward them. I have a question. We have an ADR @ Tony's @ 5pm right before the Wishes Dessert Party. Do you think that will be too much food in a shoet period of time? I guess there's always room for dessert!

Rosary
Old 07-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #394
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaIsMyBelle View Post
Great updates !! I really look forward them. I have a question. We have an ADR @ Tony's @ 5pm right before the Wishes Dessert Party. Do you think that will be too much food in a shoet period of time? I guess there's always room for dessert!
Thanks! I'm so glad! Not at all! Just share entrees, order apps, or have something on the lighter side! So no baked ziti or lasagna! However, I did Teppan Edo before the Dessert Party last weekend and, surprisingly, I was fine!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 07-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #395
katt789
DIS Veteran

Fantasyland at 9 am! Nothing is better, I love how the crowds are basically non exsitant, makes for things much much better, especially if it means not waiting for Peter Pan! Ack, I love the new story book circus, super glad you guys checked it out, it’s so adorable!!

Ahh I love the ideas for the ride photos! After you’ve been so many times, I like to throw in some new ideas for the pictures, I definitely need to think of some more for the next couple of trips! Baha! Bean! So cuuuuute! The partner’s statue seriously means so much! I’m so sad I was so broke the last couple of times I was in WDW I just want to buy every single one of the biographies of Walt & how Disney came to be, it makes it so amazing!

Adventureland loop music is my favorite! I love it. Heck, all of MK and how each of the lands are so themed and magical and amazing. AH. That’s so cute they have the key dog in the POTC gift shop.

The classic rides are definitely some of my faves, sure they don’t have the huge thrills, but they are amazing and so themed and magical and awesome! (how many times can I say that in this reply?) AHHH, if you love the WDW Haunted Mansion, then you are going to absolutely LOOOVE the HM in DLR, the themeing is even more amazing over in Cali

Love the cue pictures, something I really need to spend more time doing. I read something online recently saying that the ring in the cue wasn’t real, that it was actually just the bottom part of a pole that was left in the ground….please….I think that’s probably where the concept came from, but that’s definitely a ring! Lol.

Where was all this Pb&J?! I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before! Balloons on Main Street really sum up the feeling of Main St, so much awesome. Tony’s! Yay! I’m eating there in Sept and haven’t heard the greatest of things, so I’m excited to see what you guys have to say! Also, the “when you give a frump a camera” title just reminds me of those kids books “when you give a moose a muffin” and “when you give a mouse a cookie” they were great!!

Everything Lady & the Tramp is just so awesome, I’m so excited! Alright, that sounds like a good deal then, chicken parm is probably what I’ll end up ordering haha! I love all the shots while you guys were there!! Haha!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 07-29-2012, 11:41 PM   #396
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Fantasyland at 9 am! Nothing is better, I love how the crowds are basically non exsitant, makes for things much much better, especially if it means not waiting for Peter Pan! Ack, I love the new story book circus, super glad you guys checked it out, it’s so adorable!!

I agree! It was really a wonderful morning!

Ahh I love the ideas for the ride photos! After you’ve been so many times, I like to throw in some new ideas for the pictures, I definitely need to think of some more for the next couple of trips! Baha! Bean! So cuuuuute! The partner’s statue seriously means so much! I’m so sad I was so broke the last couple of times I was in WDW I just want to buy every single one of the biographies of Walt & how Disney came to be, it makes it so amazing!

Thank you! Haha half of the fun is taking a silly ride picture! Oh, I know. I cannot get enough of those books! I love learning about Walt Disney. He is seriously my greatest role model!

Adventureland loop music is my favorite! I love it. Heck, all of MK and how each of the lands are so themed and magical and amazing. AH. That’s so cute they have the key dog in the POTC gift shop.

ME TOO. I listen to it all of the time. Each land has fantastic loop music, and I'm SO happy that I have it on my iPod! I know!! I loved that little guy.

The classic rides are definitely some of my faves, sure they don’t have the huge thrills, but they are amazing and so themed and magical and awesome! (how many times can I say that in this reply?) AHHH, if you love the WDW Haunted Mansion, then you are going to absolutely LOOOVE the HM in DLR, the themeing is even more amazing over in Cali

Me too! I could care less whether or not they are thrilling! They are so enjoyable! I can't wait to see the DLR version!!!

Love the cue pictures, something I really need to spend more time doing. I read something online recently saying that the ring in the cue wasn’t real, that it was actually just the bottom part of a pole that was left in the ground….please….I think that’s probably where the concept came from, but that’s definitely a ring! Lol.

Haha oh yeah, that's DEFINITELY a ring! There's no way that it was a mistake. Everything in Disney is placed there for a reason.

Where was all this Pb&J?! I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before! Balloons on Main Street really sum up the feeling of Main St, so much awesome. Tony’s! Yay! I’m eating there in Sept and haven’t heard the greatest of things, so I’m excited to see what you guys have to say! Also, the “when you give a frump a camera” title just reminds me of those kids books “when you give a moose a muffin” and “when you give a mouse a cookie” they were great!!

It's to the right(?) of the registers along the back wall, I believe! I love those balloons! Aww well you're going to love Tony's - just keep an open mind! The theming is great and you can't go wrong with classic italian food! And YESSS I'm so glad someone got the reference!! That's what I was thinking of when I wrote it!

Everything Lady & the Tramp is just so awesome, I’m so excited! Alright, that sounds like a good deal then, chicken parm is probably what I’ll end up ordering haha! I love all the shots while you guys were there!! Haha!!
I know! It was one of my childhood movies that I could quote religiously. And mmm the chicken parm was DELICIOUS! Good choice. Thank you!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #397
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

I swear everyone is enjoying this multiple update thing, but that's okay because I like it too lol NO ONE'S MAD! (Sometimes you guys take everyday phrases right out of my mouth with your TRs)

YAY! SPACE MOUNTAIN! Can't get enough of that ride, truly a fave of yours, mine and ours. Totally wish I could've gone to Disney in time to see how the original orange sign looked along with the original attraction itself (I heard you could see the ride whilst walking through the queue and you could fit more people on the ride, true? Not true?). Love your ride photos and Mike does look like he's about to sneeze haha Gotta agree about those screens so much fun.

Omg, your ride photos just keep on getting better and better! "And Dave is just content with being alive" I never even would think of it that way! I also see Kristen is very content too, getting to know her invisible riding partner. for Imaginary friends right here! Those things made my childhood Love the PeopleMover, but I wish I could've been on it when they had the original voice-over :/ But, I still loved it even without knowing there was really cool little ad-libs and space talk.

Awww, the friends statue, it really is a great symbol at the parks. I feel as if it shows Walt and Mickey being one, where his message, spirit and his being lives on in the icon that made him what he is. You guys got some lovely pictures in front of him, instagrammed and un-instagrammed btw! (:

to riding POTC first in Adventureland! Gotta love the ride and the water smell So cool they have the dog with the key plush in the gift shop. Another thumbs-up to getting Splash Mountain FPs too (and allowing you to get great outer ride photos)

Haha, what a great photo of you guys from the January trip! It's awesome how you guys enjoy mimic-ing yourselves. Mike and Katie look like they are enjoying execution WAYYYYY too much. WOOT FOR HAUNTED MANSION! As you can tell by how I reacted to you, Jess, going to DLR during the Christmas months, I am such a big fan of that ride. I've seriously been thinking about getting a new avi on here for it as well as maybe a pin if I get the chance The new queue looks SOOO cool! Really want to see it and be able to find the ring (trash bin, trash bin...)

Total casual PB&J in a Disney souvenir shop... pretty awesome I'll say. Sorry to hear SM broke down before you could ride :/ But it's nice seeing around the gift shop as well as your lovely balloon pictures!

Well, I think I've written too much so I'll make a second comment for the third update. Excited to read about that one!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #398
PlutosRHM55

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Tony's looks so pretty! All those Main Street restaurants are just so nicely put together. Totally got to make ADRs for this one or the Plaza one day. The Check-in sign is absolutely adorable! Awesome to see Mary out and about I could totally go for the Chicken Parm right now, looks so delicious!

LOL @ Kristen's pictures! Truly "When you give a Frump a camera" chaotic photographs ensue. You frumps! haha Though I love the artsy photos along with your little Stacey photo: "Yummy, yummy, yummy.." YOU SAID IT STACE! Love the fountain picture, it's so pretty (another reason to go to Tony's!)

Can't wait to read about your next adventure in the parks!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #399
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
YAY! Ahh that's so exciting! I LOVE SSR! I definitely recommend Congress Park. It has its own quiet pool, bus stop, and the walkway to DTD is a great feature. Hope you have a magical time!
I am just now getting caught up on TR's and I wanted to come back and thank you for the recommendation at SSR. I requested Congress Park 3rd Floor and got it. It was the perfect room. I loved it. I had room 1301 so not too far from where you guys were. When I opened the curtains to the balcony and Fulton's was framed perfectly in my window I knew I was hooked. I could walk to Goofy's and Earl of Sandwich in under 5 minutes, shorter walk than over to the food court! I loved the pool, loved the theme, the room was great and I just can't get over how much more I love DTD now that I've stayed there.

I loved SSR and it is my new favorite resort. My first call to DH to let him know I arrived safely was not hey I made it or I hope a buffalo hasn't trampled you in the wilderness yet or are you going to be able to contact me from the wild uknown (he was on a reservation in no whereville) it was "Honey we are so buying in at Saratoga! I love this place." I had to callback and leave a 2nd message I was so excited to be at SSR.

Getting caught up on the rest of the report, can't wait to read more.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #400
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
I swear everyone is enjoying this multiple update thing, but that's okay because I like it too lol NO ONE'S MAD! (Sometimes you guys take everyday phrases right out of my mouth with your TRs)

Haha I mean, we're normal(ish?) girls living frumpy lives. It was bound to happen!

YAY! SPACE MOUNTAIN! Can't get enough of that ride, truly a fave of yours, mine and ours. Totally wish I could've gone to Disney in time to see how the original orange sign looked along with the original attraction itself (I heard you could see the ride whilst walking through the queue and you could fit more people on the ride, true? Not true?). Love your ride photos and Mike does look like he's about to sneeze haha Gotta agree about those screens so much fun.

I literally forgot that it was orange until very recently! And hmm nope I don't think that's true. Not that I remember, anyways.

Omg, your ride photos just keep on getting better and better! "And Dave is just content with being alive" I never even would think of it that way! I also see Kristen is very content too, getting to know her invisible riding partner. for Imaginary friends right here! Those things made my childhood Love the PeopleMover, but I wish I could've been on it when they had the original voice-over :/ But, I still loved it even without knowing there was really cool little ad-libs and space talk.

Haha oh thanks. Yeah you definitely missed out on the old voice over. Hopefully you have heard it, even if that means over the internet instead of the actual place.

Awww, the friends statue, it really is a great symbol at the parks. I feel as if it shows Walt and Mickey being one, where his message, spirit and his being lives on in the icon that made him what he is. You guys got some lovely pictures in front of him, instagrammed and un-instagrammed btw! (:

How profound. Exactly! Thank you!

to riding POTC first in Adventureland! Gotta love the ride and the water smell So cool they have the dog with the key plush in the gift shop. Another thumbs-up to getting Splash Mountain FPs too (and allowing you to get great outer ride photos)

It's a great ride, that's for sure!

Haha, what a great photo of you guys from the January trip! It's awesome how you guys enjoy mimic-ing yourselves. Mike and Katie look like they are enjoying execution WAYYYYY too much. WOOT FOR HAUNTED MANSION! As you can tell by how I reacted to you, Jess, going to DLR during the Christmas months, I am such a big fan of that ride. I've seriously been thinking about getting a new avi on here for it as well as maybe a pin if I get the chance The new queue looks SOOO cool! Really want to see it and be able to find the ring (trash bin, trash bin...)

Thanks! We are probably our own biggest fans. Just kidding, we just like reminiscing about Disney. Oh yes, we are HUGE haunted mansion fans too! I know, I need more Haunted Mansion pins! Kristen has a bunch of them!

Total casual PB&J in a Disney souvenir shop... pretty awesome I'll say. Sorry to hear SM broke down before you could ride :/ But it's nice seeing around the gift shop as well as your lovely balloon pictures!

I mean.. why wouldn't PB&J be there? haha thanks!

Well, I think I've written too much so I'll make a second comment for the third update. Excited to read about that one!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Tony's looks so pretty! All those Main Street restaurants are just so nicely put together. Totally got to make ADRs for this one or the Plaza one day. The Check-in sign is absolutely adorable! Awesome to see Mary out and about I could totally go for the Chicken Parm right now, looks so delicious!

I agree - I love eating on Main Street!

LOL @ Kristen's pictures! Truly "When you give a Frump a camera" chaotic photographs ensue. You frumps! haha Though I love the artsy photos along with your little Stacey photo: "Yummy, yummy, yummy.." YOU SAID IT STACE! Love the fountain picture, it's so pretty (another reason to go to Tony's!)

Haha she had quite a lot of fun for herself. Thanks!

Can't wait to read about your next adventure in the parks!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATEGIRL007 View Post
I am just now getting caught up on TR's and I wanted to come back and thank you for the recommendation at SSR. I requested Congress Park 3rd Floor and got it. It was the perfect room. I loved it. I had room 1301 so not too far from where you guys were. When I opened the curtains to the balcony and Fulton's was framed perfectly in my window I knew I was hooked. I could walk to Goofy's and Earl of Sandwich in under 5 minutes, shorter walk than over to the food court! I loved the pool, loved the theme, the room was great and I just can't get over how much more I love DTD now that I've stayed there.

Aww you are so welcome! That is absolutely wonderful - I'm SO happy that you were pleased with SSR! That sounds like an absolutely perfect location! Being so close to DTD is really convenient! 5 minutes is SO close!! I'm so so so glad to hear that you loved it so much!

I loved SSR and it is my new favorite resort. My first call to DH to let him know I arrived safely was not hey I made it or I hope a buffalo hasn't trampled you in the wilderness yet or are you going to be able to contact me from the wild uknown (he was on a reservation in no whereville) it was "Honey we are so buying in at Saratoga! I love this place." I had to callback and leave a 2nd message I was so excited to be at SSR.

That's wonderful! Hahaha that's fantastic. I hope he gave in

Getting caught up on the rest of the report, can't wait to read more.
Awesome! Thank you so much for being here and thank you for sharing your story!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #401
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

Your Single Rider kinda looks like an older version of Michelle Williams. As I scrolled past I was just like "JEN FROM DAWSON'S CREEK!"

Jess, it makes total sense that your imaginary friend was a Muppet. You and Kristen are best friends, so obviously you're just drawn to Muppets.

Oh no! Not "commotion downstream"! That's the worst. Except the announcement is absolutely hilarious. I couldn't stop quoting it last trip.

Your lunch looks delicious! I had the Chicken Parm when we ate at Tony's a few years ago and it was wonderful. The restaurant is absolutely gorgeous too!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #402
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
Your Single Rider kinda looks like an older version of Michelle Williams. As I scrolled past I was just like "JEN FROM DAWSON'S CREEK!"

Jess, it makes total sense that your imaginary friend was a Muppet. You and Kristen are best friends, so obviously you're just drawn to Muppets.

Oh no! Not "commotion downstream"! That's the worst. Except the announcement is absolutely hilarious. I couldn't stop quoting it last trip.

Your lunch looks delicious! I had the Chicken Parm when we ate at Tony's a few years ago and it was wonderful. The restaurant is absolutely gorgeous too!
HAHAHA omg yes. You're so right.
Yeah clearly I had imaginary muppet friends and now I have Kristen, who is a real life muppet friend! My life is destined to be Muppet-y.
Hahaha oh I know.. at least the announcement is amusing. Splash Mountain... I get stuck on that ride ALL the time.
It was SO good. You cannot go wrong with ordering the Chicken parm, there! I agree - so pretty!
Old 07-31-2012, 01:09 PM   #403
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
Thanks! We are probably our own biggest fans. Just kidding, we just like reminiscing about Disney. Oh yes, we are HUGE haunted mansion fans too! I know, I need more Haunted Mansion pins! Kristen has a bunch of them!
Haha, that's awesome being your biggest fans. You guys are... precious, I just can't find another word there lol

Then Kristen needs to trade some pins though I found a big group of them on eBay. They look legit and decently priced so I would go for it and you'll probably find some good ones in DLR.

Last edited by PlutosRHM55; 07-31-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #404
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Hi Frumps! I just wanted to come out of lurker-dom after months of reading all of the TRs both of you have done. I got my wife on board about a month ago and now she's all caught up too. We used so many of your tips on our trip in May, so thanks for that and for providing many hours of distraction from work.
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals
Old 07-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #405
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

HAHA that poor single rider has no idea she ruined your ride photo plan! Although, she looks a little guilty in the picture, so maybe she knew EXACTLY what she was doing. That's what I call a very sneaky photobomb. Oh well, I like the iPhone one anyway! How do you guys come up with this stuff so quickly?! John and I tried a couple funny ride photos on our trip and it ended up being a series of total failures.

HAHAHAHA Kristen, your Buzz Lightyear photo, and Jess, Bean the imaginary friend...I love you guys. Thank you for bringing me endless frumpy joy.

Ahhh Jess I took a picture with the same PoTC dog on my trip! Great minds think alike.

YAY! I love the recreated trip photo! I think this should be a new tradition!

Someone seriously needs to get control of Brer Fox and Brer Bear. They cause WAY too much commotion downstream.

I've only been to Tony's once, but really want to go back! I love Lady and the Tramp so much!

That's very impressive napkin art, and all that food looks fabulous!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: