Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #376
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,468

HAHAHA that first Space pic is so hilarious. The single rider looks like she is just taking a leisurely ride on the People Mover or something.

"And Dave is just content with being alive."

Ahh why does Disney always come up with the best things to honor their attractions?? I want that little dog!

That Rapunzel nail is the coolest nail I have EVER seen.

Aww I didn't realize they sell PB&J in there. That is so adorable. You're right, it's the simple things.

Glad to hear a good review of Tony's, I always hear how mediocre it is! And Kristen, I love your series of Frump photos. Bravo!!
__disneygirl is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #377
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

 
Disneyfreak508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living the dream. :)
Posts: 2,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
HAHAHA that first Space pic is so hilarious. The single rider looks like she is just taking a leisurely ride on the People Mover or something.

"And Dave is just content with being alive."

Ahh why does Disney always come up with the best things to honor their attractions?? I want that little dog!

That Rapunzel nail is the coolest nail I have EVER seen.

Aww I didn't realize they sell PB&J in there. That is so adorable. You're right, it's the simple things.

Glad to hear a good review of Tony's, I always hear how mediocre it is! And Kristen, I love your series of Frump photos. Bravo!!
Haha I KNOW, right!? What a frump.
I know! Disney's Merchandise is really winning lately. Whoever is thinking of these attraction specific items is a GENIUS!
Aww thank you! I was so proud of it.
I know! I was so excited over it lol.
Yeah, I mean it's not the top best place, but I have always loved it there since I was little!

__________________
Disneyfreak508 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #378
Reberella
Mouseketeer
 
Reberella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 860 miles from Disney World :'(
Posts: 229

Bahaha i love the first ride picture... the lady in the middle looks a little confused

I got the chicken parm at Tonys too, I loved it!

LOL I say the same thing when my friend Brigid gets the camera (I have a little album called "when brigid gets the camera")... it's a series of very random and frumpy pictures mostly of random objects and herself haha
__________________
Rebecca

Reberella is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #379
Disneydude97
Reaching New Horizons
 
Disneydude97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
STACEY NAPKIN ART drawn by Michael. "Italy, China, France, Japan, Germany - yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy..."

Reference to the original Stacey FTW! But you know, one of my favorite one-liners from a WDW resort TV loop is from back when they had that Krissa chick or whoever she was. She was standing between the France and UK pavilions at Epcot and that one-liner went like this:

"I see London, I see France, you know the rest."
__________________
Whenever I'm in trouble, I turn to the Disney Bouncing Heads.
Disneydude97 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #380
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran
 
Disneyfreak616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: A Poly Hammock
Posts: 3,932

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
And Kristen, I love your series of Frump photos. Bravo!!
Why thank you Lia!
__________________



WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:


The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 12:46 AM   #381
emma212010
DIS Veteran
 
emma212010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 1,194 miles from the Magic Kingdom
Posts: 1,168

Ahhh I love that Space Mountain photo soooo much!!!! How cute!! And the woman in the middle is just too funny!!

I agree with you on the smell in Pirates! It's so amazing and so Disney!!

I've never tried Tony's, and I don't know if I ever will! The theming looks great, but you're right, it seems like typical Italian food! Maybe one day I'll try it when I'm on a mission to eat in every restaurant on property! Oooh, THAT would be fun!!!!

Oh, and I love your Frump pictures!! Too funny!!
__________________
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR


Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 01:41 AM   #382
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran
 
DonaldDoleWhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,606

Woah, so many great updates! I love the Space Mountain photo - good job making the most of a strange situation! I always feel like the Space Mountain ride photos are awkward and lame because they're taken at such an unexciting moment - good job making your pic interesting!

Agreed on the TTA - the new announcement is just too peppy and reminiscent of Disney Channel for me, while the old narrator had some humorous lines that really unified the theme of Tomorrowland overall. Oh well - now I've started tuning out the narration, so the ride is somewhat more relaxing.

Tony's has received so many awful reviews on this site. But over the past week or two, I've seen 3 or 4 pretty good reviews of it! I've never tried Tony's (the reviews have scared me), but I'm gradually warming up it.

And I love all the Stacey references! Have you ever seen this video? I think Stacey fan would find it funny.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #383
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

 
Disneyfreak508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living the dream. :)
Posts: 2,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude97 View Post
Reference to the original Stacey FTW! But you know, one of my favorite one-liners from a WDW resort TV loop is from back when they had that Krissa chick or whoever she was. She was standing between the France and UK pavilions at Epcot and that one-liner went like this:

"I see London, I see France, you know the rest."
Ahhh I used to LOVE Krissa. I was so sad when she was taken off the air. However, I love my Stacey. Both of them hold special places in my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Ahhh I love that Space Mountain photo soooo much!!!! How cute!! And the woman in the middle is just too funny!!

I agree with you on the smell in Pirates! It's so amazing and so Disney!!

I've never tried Tony's, and I don't know if I ever will! The theming looks great, but you're right, it seems like typical Italian food! Maybe one day I'll try it when I'm on a mission to eat in every restaurant on property! Oooh, THAT would be fun!!!!

Oh, and I love your Frump pictures!! Too funny!!
Hahaha I know, it's so frumpy!

I'm glad you understand!

Aww don't completely rule it out! I LOVE Tony's and I always have since I was little. I think the theming is great and so is the location! And the food tastes really good, too! I mean, if you're going on a "once in a lifetime trip" I probably wouldn't choose it... but eventually you should give it a chance!

Haha thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Woah, so many great updates! I love the Space Mountain photo - good job making the most of a strange situation! I always feel like the Space Mountain ride photos are awkward and lame because they're taken at such an unexciting moment - good job making your pic interesting!

Agreed on the TTA - the new announcement is just too peppy and reminiscent of Disney Channel for me, while the old narrator had some humorous lines that really unified the theme of Tomorrowland overall. Oh well - now I've started tuning out the narration, so the ride is somewhat more relaxing.

Tony's has received so many awful reviews on this site. But over the past week or two, I've seen 3 or 4 pretty good reviews of it! I've never tried Tony's (the reviews have scared me), but I'm gradually warming up it.

And I love all the Stacey references! Have you ever seen this video? I think Stacey fan would find it funny.
I agree! Like... why the heck do they even have a camera there!? It's so weird! Ah well. Frumpy to the max.

YES very Disney Channel. That's a great way to describe it. The old narrator just fit in with the theme SO much better. Then new voiceover is way too commercial. Ugh.

That really is a shame because it's not all that bad! I love Tony's and I think it's really a classic experience of Disney! It's not #1 on my list but I really do enjoy it!

Hahaha oh my God. Well THAT'S frumpy.
__________________
Disneyfreak508 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #384
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran
 
Disneyfreak616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: A Poly Hammock
Posts: 3,932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
Bahaha i love the first ride picture... the lady in the middle looks a little confused

I got the chicken parm at Tonys too, I loved it!

LOL I say the same thing when my friend Brigid gets the camera (I have a little album called "when brigid gets the camera")... it's a series of very random and frumpy pictures mostly of random objects and herself haha
Haha yeah she probably was!

It was sooo good!

Hahaha yep, that sounds like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude97 View Post
Reference to the original Stacey FTW! But you know, one of my favorite one-liners from a WDW resort TV loop is from back when they had that Krissa chick or whoever she was. She was standing between the France and UK pavilions at Epcot and that one-liner went like this:

"I see London, I see France, you know the rest."
Yeah! I remember that line! I loved Krissa!


Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Ahhh I love that Space Mountain photo soooo much!!!! How cute!! And the woman in the middle is just too funny!!

I agree with you on the smell in Pirates! It's so amazing and so Disney!!

I've never tried Tony's, and I don't know if I ever will! The theming looks great, but you're right, it seems like typical Italian food! Maybe one day I'll try it when I'm on a mission to eat in every restaurant on property! Oooh, THAT would be fun!!!!

Oh, and I love your Frump pictures!! Too funny!!
Haha thanks! She was a huge frump.

Agreed. It's so magical.

That's my mission! It's good if you're looking for something in MK, and the atmosphere is really beautiful! However, I think the Italy pavilion has it beat foor-wise!

Thank you very much! I take pride in my frumpy photography skills LOL.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Woah, so many great updates! I love the Space Mountain photo - good job making the most of a strange situation! I always feel like the Space Mountain ride photos are awkward and lame because they're taken at such an unexciting moment - good job making your pic interesting!

Agreed on the TTA - the new announcement is just too peppy and reminiscent of Disney Channel for me, while the old narrator had some humorous lines that really unified the theme of Tomorrowland overall. Oh well - now I've started tuning out the narration, so the ride is somewhat more relaxing.

Thanks! That's what we always do! I definitely agree there, it's before the thrill begins, but thank you!

I totally agree, but I have gotten used to the new one. I got over it. I don't think Jess has though. :P


Tony's has received so many awful reviews on this site. But over the past week or two, I've seen 3 or 4 pretty good reviews of it! I've never tried Tony's (the reviews have scared me), but I'm gradually warming up it.

And I love all the Stacey references! Have you ever seen this video? I think Stacey fan would find it funny.
It definitely seems to be a hit or miss restaurant. I would try it if you run out of options, but having read ALL of your DR's, you don't seem to be! The atmosphere is mainly what I would go for. The sunroom is absolutely gorgeous. Or, if you can get a seat on the patio in the evening, you can watch MSEP!

Thanks! Ahh no I hadn't but I LOVE it! That girl is too funny! I love that the Monorail is number 7. She clearly knows what's up.
__________________



WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:


The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #385
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
 
LifeIsDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Where dreams come true ♥
Posts: 1,897

STORYBOOK CIRCUS!!!!! I love everything about it. The trash cans, the peanuts in the pavement, the fountains, and the new Dumbo. GAAAHHH, it’s just so amazing.

I love your ride photo on Space Mountain. You guys are being frumps and the lady in the middle is just chillin’ there.

That’s awesome you had Bean for an imaginary friend, Jess. I had an imaginary friend and I used to talk to him on my Cinderella cell phone, Oh, childhood…

I NEED THE JAIL KEY DOG FROM PIRATES.

I need to look for the ring at the Haunted Mansion. I just read about it!

Balloon porn <3

The pagers from Tony’s are adorable!

I’m glad your food from Tony’s was good. This is the first review I’ve read of it that was good!

The pictures you took Kristen are fabulous! I love them.

I love the fountain!!
LifeIsDis is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #386
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran
 
Disneyfreak616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: A Poly Hammock
Posts: 3,932

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
STORYBOOK CIRCUS!!!!! I love everything about it. The trash cans, the peanuts in the pavement, the fountains, and the new Dumbo. GAAAHHH, it’s just so amazing.

I love your ride photo on Space Mountain. You guys are being frumps and the lady in the middle is just chillin’ there.

That’s awesome you had Bean for an imaginary friend, Jess. I had an imaginary friend and I used to talk to him on my Cinderella cell phone, Oh, childhood…

Isn't it great!? I love it!

Thanks! It's really fart shoes.

Hahaha I had a Tinker Bell cell phone! I thought I was so cool.


I NEED THE JAIL KEY DOG FROM PIRATES.

I need to look for the ring at the Haunted Mansion. I just read about it!

Balloon porn <3

The pagers from Tony’s are adorable!

Me TOO.

It's right by the entrance to the mansion by the garbage can in the corner.

Hahaha precisely.

Aren't they!?


I’m glad your food from Tony’s was good. This is the first review I’ve read of it that was good!

The pictures you took Kristen are fabulous! I love them.

I love the fountain!!
It definitely seems to get a lot of bad reviews. We had a great experience there though!

Why thank you!

Me too!! (:
__________________



WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:


The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #387
joleen76
Forever Mickey's Girl
 
joleen76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas (aka retirment training for Disney)
Posts: 485

Yay!! Another Frump trip report! I'm in.

I love both of your trip reports! You both write so well.

Kristen - we will be at WDW the same time you are. I know we've never met, but I always get excited knowing a fellow DISer will be at the world the same time as I am. I always secretly wonder if I have ever been in the background of someone's picture of if they have been in mine. I'm a picture creeper. If the line is to long for a character, I wait for the family to leave and before the next family gets there, I snap a picture. LOL I know it's sad. I'm rambling SORRY!
Point = I'm excited you are going to be there when we are.

Jess - I am so excited for you! Yay for getting to see your sweet BF and I can't wait to hear about the beach. We have always thought about doing a Disney vacation that wasn't the parks, so I can't wait to hear all about it.

Can't wait to read more about this trip!
__________________
Please excuse our mess we are updating for your future enjoyment....



6th grd DL; 7/95 Swan; 5/03 ASMo; 5/04 POP; 5/05 POP; 5/06 POR; 5/07 POFQ; 11/07 BC T-day/MVMCP ;6/08 YC & CR DISNEYMOON ; 11/08 AS Sp. T-day/MVMCP 6/10 Ft. Wild Cab; 6/11 POP; 8/12 ASMo; 6/14 CBR Grad Trip
Mom Dad DS 18 DS 14 DS 12 DS 10
joleen76 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #388
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran
 
Disneyfreak616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: A Poly Hammock
Posts: 3,932

Quote:
Originally Posted by joleen76 View Post
Yay!! Another Frump trip report! I'm in.

I love both of your trip reports! You both write so well.

Kristen - we will be at WDW the same time you are. I know we've never met, but I always get excited knowing a fellow DISer will be at the world the same time as I am. I always secretly wonder if I have ever been in the background of someone's picture of if they have been in mine. I'm a picture creeper. If the line is to long for a character, I wait for the family to leave and before the next family gets there, I snap a picture. LOL I know it's sad. I'm rambling SORRY!
Point = I'm excited you are going to be there when we are.
Yay! Thank you so much!

Ahh will you really? That's great! If you see me, please don't hesitate to say hello! I love meeting fellow DISers! If not, have a magical time!
__________________



WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:


The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #389
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

 
Disneyfreak508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living the dream. :)
Posts: 2,843

Quote:
Originally Posted by joleen76 View Post
Yay!! Another Frump trip report! I'm in.

I love both of your trip reports! You both write so well.

Jess - I am so excited for you! Yay for getting to see your sweet BF and I can't wait to hear about the beach. We have always thought about doing a Disney vacation that wasn't the parks, so I can't wait to hear all about it.

Can't wait to read more about this trip!
Thank you so much! You're so sweet.
I really can't wait! I am really excited to report back to you guys about it! I don't remember the last time we went on a "beach" vacation, so this is truly going to be wonderful and relaxing!
Thanks for being here!
__________________
Disneyfreak508 is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #390
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel
 
MickeyisBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 37,293

The food at Tony's looks really good, I could go for that Chicken Parmesan right about now, or the Baked Ziti... yum! Great update
__________________


1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary


MickeyisBeast is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: