Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #451
kylie71
Can't wait for more!
I love mexican food, sooo Much!

Mike, we are going for lunch, at 11:45 on Sept 1st. Cannot wait! It's a once in a lifetime experience.
I will for sure take lots of pics...

Lori
kylie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #452
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylie71 View Post
Mike, we are going for lunch, at 11:45 on Sept 1st. Cannot wait! It's a once in a lifetime experience.
I will for sure take lots of pics...

Lori
Awesome Lori. Will you be doing a trip report?????
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #453
KCmike

Alright I've added more photos. I have to say that I'm not ashamed to add ones that I don't really think would have made the cut to the picture of the day thread. I find that I can take ten or more shots and only feel good about one or two. I really like the shots I took with the 55-250 this time around. If I get to go back to DL or WDW I want to rent something completely different for me. I was really digging the close up shots with the zoom lenses. I wish I had more time to just take a day or two and slow down and just shoot. How cool would it be to live within an hour or so? Would I think the parks are as great as I have them in my mind? I think I would tire of them more quickly.

These next few are of the Big Thunder Mountain area.

I took this shot sitting in Rancho Del Zocalo

Is it me or is everyone smiling here???

Again inside the Rancho Del Zocalo. I didn't get to eat there this go around but I find it amazing beautiful and understated.

Again I was zooming in on everything.

This was taken on top of the double decker bus. I love it up there. I wish it would drive slower down mainstreet. It is a one way ride and it is strictly enforced which I like. I got to ride it twice this time around. It was on my bucket list. I think I got some unique shots. This one is just a straight on of the Emporium.

Yes I did ride alot of the Disney transportation!

Hope you enjoyed this set. I think in the future of this trip report I will give you a little more detail on what was happening with the shot or give a little more insight on what was happening. See you all soon.
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Last edited by KCmike; 08-19-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #454
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
How cool would it be to live within an hour or so? Would I think the parks are as great as I have them in my mind? I think I would tire of them more quickly.
Like you, I would LOVE the opportunity to find out for myself..... *sigh*.

That's an interesting perspective to go round the park with the 55 - 250 mm.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #455
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
Alright I've added more photos. I have to say that I'm not ashamed to add ones that I don't really think would have made the cut to the picture of the day thread. I find that I can take ten or more shots and only feel good about one or two....
Mike - What you just added was great! And everything is welcome (or makes the cut) in the Picture of the Day thread.

Besides, what you consider to be your lesser efforts are probably what some other people would consider to be their best efforts!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #456
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Mike your AMAZING! your family is beautiful!!!
seriously fell in love with your report.
Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #457
kylie71
Can't wait for more!
I love mexican food, sooo Much!

Mike,
I have never done a trip report.... would not know where to start!

Lori
kylie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #458
KCmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Like you, I would LOVE the opportunity to find out for myself..... *sigh*.

That's an interesting perspective to go round the park with the 55 - 250 mm.
It was a lot of fun.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #459
KCmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Mike - What you just added was great! And everything is welcome (or makes the cut) in the Picture of the Day thread.

Besides, what you consider to be your lesser efforts are probably what some other people would consider to be their best efforts!
Thanks Sherry. Always with the kind comments. When are you planning your Christmas visit?

Old 08-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #460
KCmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Mike your AMAZING! your family is beautiful!!!
seriously fell in love with your report.
Umm are you talking to me? Amazing? No. Seriously thanks for the nice comments. I'm glad your enjoying the report. Thanks for this post. It made me smile from ear to ear today!

Old 08-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #461
KCmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylie71 View Post
Mike,
I have never done a trip report.... would not know where to start!

Lori
You should do one. You don't need to know where to start. It would be your thing and you could do anything you wanted. Once you get started its a fun way to remember your vacation. Hopefully you will think about it.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #462
Sleepless Knight
Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess
There's a time and a place for each

Mike, I loved the shot of your kids heading into Mad T Party. The shadows against the fog and lighting looked incredible.

I think the Main Street vehicles are hidden gems. We always see them, but often tend to pass them by because it's faster to walk. There's something they add to the charm of Disneyland, but in order to fully appreciate that charm, we actually have to slow down long enough to get onboard.
Sleepless Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #463
KCmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless Knight View Post
Mike, I loved the shot of your kids heading into Mad T Party. The shadows against the fog and lighting looked incredible.

I think the Main Street vehicles are hidden gems. We always see them, but often tend to pass them by because it's faster to walk. There's something they add to the charm of Disneyland, but in order to fully appreciate that charm, we actually have to slow down long enough to get onboard.
Thanks Sleepless Knight. I got lucky with the kids walking into the Mad T Party for sure. My favorite when coming back year after year is seeing some of the same drivers. The older gentleman that drives the smaller fire engine is just so nice and its nice to see him year after year. Does Disneyworld have all of the same transportation? When we went back in 2011 I don't remember seeing quite as many.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:55 PM   #464
KCmike

Alright how about a time out? Here's a look back out how it all started out for our family at Disneyland. We had went to WDW for oh so many years (more than a decade) and I personally was getting tired and bored of it. I thought it was the end all be all to vacations. We absolutely loved WDW. So we took a break and went for a longer weekend stay to Disneyland and California. The rest is history as they say. Disneyland has become our home park. Our favorite. My favorite. The Kids favorite. My wife's favorite. We were trick or treating when we came back with the kids that short time after and my wife turned to me and asked how I liked our trip. I told her it was the best. She agreed. We have now been to Disneyland as many times as WDW. Why can't it be more?!?

What a great time of year to go. Remember Dreams Come True, Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion Overlay, and our first time seeing Fantasmic! at DL. We had a blast.

What's up with my son's hair?

Old 08-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #465
Sleepless Knight
Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess
There's a time and a place for each

Hi Mike. After seeing your shot of Mad T Party, I find myself wishing you could have photographed elecTRONica. I attempted (attempt being the key word), but most of my shots are not even close to capturing the whole feel of stepping into the world of TRON.

I believe that the MK technically still has those vehicles, but they're very rarely out anymore because the MK has something like 3 or 4 parade type shows in the daytime and all those castle shows going on during the day to boot.

I think that over the years, the MK has really lost a lot of the little touches that Disneyland, for the most part, manages to preserve. I certainly get the grandeur of Cinderella Castle, but the feeling of being in colonial America is absolutely shattered when I look up and see a very European fairy tale castle spire in the sky.

About the only thing I miss from DCA 1.0 entrance are those letters out front. But I think that what has replaced DCA 1.0 is worth that loss. I'll find out for myself in just a couple of weeks now.
Sleepless Knight is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: