Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #211
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdisneylover View Post
KCMike,
I apologize for just posting on your thread, I read what happened to Black, and I just had to respond. I enjoy your pictures you post on the daily picture thread. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Makes waking for the next trip (don't know when it will be) a little easier.
Are you kidding that is no problem at all. I feel like we all know Jack and hope he feels better and am sorry for his losses. Thanks for saying that you enjoy my shots. Glad I could help ease the pain of waiting for your next trip. My potential next trip is probably two years away. How sad for me. Again thanks for the nice comments.

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI)
2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #212
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Great pictures of Catalina! Did you make it back to the Wrigley Garden to see the plants?

Can't wait to see your glass bottom boat pictures.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #213
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Thank you for skipping ahead to the Catalina portion, Mike (which I suspect you did because I was asking you questions before I head over to Avalon next week)!

Lovely photos, as I expected! That first glimpse of Catalina that you got is Hamilton Cove - a little enclave with condos and villas. I've never stayed there but everyone says it's great.

It's really too bad that you had to skip Wrigley, but I know what you mean about the cab fare (meter)! If I recall, I think we (friends and I) only did one hour in the cart on our very first day trip to Catalina. (And we also did the glass bottom boat on our very first trip,too.) It was only on subsequent trips that we started doing the 'get 3 hours for the price of 2' deal. But with 6 people, 2 hours is expensive! Even with 4 people it's costly. I'm going to take 3 hours in the golf cart next week, but I know the sorts of things I have to do and how much time it will take me. I am not even sure I could get done with Wrigley (knowing my photo habits) in 3 hours of golf cart time, but I will try!

Believe it or not, some of the shops in Avalon are quite cool (Perico Gallery, for example), but along Crescent there are a lot of touristy shops.

Anyway, I look forward to the glass-bottom boat portion of the trip!

Oh, by the way, I way cringing in horror at your description of the swells and people getting sick. I've been fortunate thus far to never get sick on the boat and to not encounter big swells. But I know it's only a matter of time, quite frankly. I'm older. The equilibrium changes. I know that I may be in for some trouble if I don't pop a Dramamine next week...just in case.

I have seen people getting sick in Avalon, right by the area where people get on and off the Catalina Express, which was, um...pleasant.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 07-13-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:50 PM   #214
KCmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Great pictures of Catalina! Did you make it back to the Wrigley Garden to see the plants?

Can't wait to see your glass bottom boat pictures.
We did make it to Wrigley Gardens but not out of the Golf Cart. We were so worried about the time.

2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI)
2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Old 07-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #215
KCmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Thank you for skipping ahead to the Catalina portion, Mike (which I suspect you did because I was asking you questions before I head over to Avalon next week)!

Lovely photos, as I expected! That first glimpse of Catalina that you got is Hamilton Cove - a little enclave with condos and villas. I've never stayed there but everyone says it's great.

It's really too bad that you had to skip Wrigley, but I know what you mean about the cab fare (meter)! If I recall, I think we (friends and I) only did one hour in the cart on our very first day trip to Catalina. (And we also did the glass bottom boat on our very first trip,too.) It was only on subsequent trips that we started doing the 'get 3 hours for the price of 2' deal. But with 6 people, 2 hours is expensive! Even with 4 people it's costly. I'm going to take 3 hours in the golf cart next week, but I know the sorts of things I have to do and how much time it will take me. I am not even sure I could get done with Wrigley (knowing my photo habits) in 3 hours of golf cart time, but I will try!

Believe it or not, some of the shops in Avalon are quite cool (Perico Gallery, for example), but along Crescent there are a lot of touristy shops.

Anyway, I look forward to the glass-bottom boat portion of the trip!

Oh, by the way, I way cringing in horror at your description of the swells and people getting sick. I've been fortunate thus far to never get sick on the boat and to not encounter big swells. But I know it's only a matter of time, quite frankly. I'm older. The equilibrium changes. I know that I may be in for some trouble if I don't pop a Dramamine next week...just in case.

I have seen people getting sick in Avalon, right by the area where people get on and off the Catalina Express, which was, um...pleasant.
Well I have to say you did kind of influence me. No worries. Hope you have a blast over there.!

Old 07-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #216
KCmike

Random shot of DLR

Old 07-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #217
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Very nice pics of the Catalina. It would be nice to go there one day on a vacation.

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on July 26th to 28th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:54 AM   #218
Sleepless Knight
Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess
There's a time and a place for each

First off, best wishes to Jack and his family. I hope and pray that everything turns out fine.

Mike, I'm enjoying your shots. One of my best friends and his family live in Colorado Springs, but fortunately they were not in danger.

Can't wait to hear and see more!
Sleepless Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #219
LovintheLodge
DIS Veteran

On board now for your trip report! Can't wait to hear more. My family is headed to DLR for the first time next month!

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Beach Club - Aug 2010
Wilderness Lodge - Aug 2005
All Star Sports - Nov 2000 (1st family trip)
Offsite - May 1988
Offsite - Jan 1983
LovintheLodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #220
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

The shots of Catalina are......... absolutely heavenly.

And loving the random DLR shot! I do love the total Disney immersion at WDW...... but all the ther interesting things around DLR are SO tempting.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #221
KCmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Very nice pics of the Catalina. It would be nice to go there one day on a vacation.
It is a nice get away. We loved the feeling of being on the ocean but not subjected to the cruise vacation. This was our first time being on the ocean without being able to see land from the boat. Makes you appreciate how small we really are.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #222
KCmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless Knight View Post
First off, best wishes to Jack and his family. I hope and pray that everything turns out fine.

Mike, I'm enjoying your shots. One of my best friends and his family live in Colorado Springs, but fortunately they were not in danger.

Can't wait to hear and see more!
Thanks for joining Sleepless Knight. Always love your insight. Forgive me because I sometimes forget but you were named sleeping jedi beauty, right? My wife turned me on to your trip reports way back when. You always gave the best reports.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #223
KCmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovintheLodge View Post
On board now for your trip report! Can't wait to hear more. My family is headed to DLR for the first time next month!

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Your going to have a blast Kerry. Everytime I hear someone is going for the first time I think back to our family's first time in 2007. We went for a short 4 day weekend kind of thing during Halloween time. We use to think WDW vacations were the end all be all to vacationing. Boy were we wrong. Prepare to be hooked.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #224
KCmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
The shots of Catalina are......... absolutely heavenly.

And loving the random DLR shot! I do love the total Disney immersion at WDW...... but all the ther interesting things around DLR are SO tempting.
Thanks Janet. Great Merida dress by the way! If you all want to see a lady who can make the most gorgeous dresses in the world for her daughter then you should head over to her trip report. She also is an amazing photographer. Do yourself a favor and stop on over.

Now we just need you to get back to Disneyland and join us on the DL picture of the day thread on the community side of the Disneyland boards!

Old 07-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #225
KCmike

Another random shot.

As far as I could reach

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: