Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #31
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer
 
mommytocalliesue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 433

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Hello.

Your kids are super adorable! Your son has the cutest, mischievous smile.
When did you go to Disney in those photos on the first page of your PTR? You look like you’re dressed for Colorado in December. LOL.. Holy Moly.
Anyway.. We have a few things is common. My DD is also 6 and starting 1st grade in August., and my son is 2 ½ and ALL boy!! I can’t get him to sit still for 2 minutes, so Disney is going to be interesting without sticking him on a leash and/or attaching a shock collar to his neck. I also wanted to get a trip in before he turns 3. I really wanted to make sure we could take advantage of him getting in and eating for free one last time.
I cannot for the life of me get reservations for TREX.. I’ve looked at every possible time and date for our trip in NOVEMBER and nothing. Did you make yours through Disney or did you call the restaurant directly?
LOVE your countdown calendar. I can’t wait until we make ours.
Congratulations on the potty training. I’m having a heck of a time with Jayden and have given up for a short time. I need to make sure he’s 100% trained before we leave on our trip though. We’re taking a cruise and he won’t be allowed in the pools if he’s in swim diapers. Wish us luck.
Well sorry for all the rambling… lol. I look forward to reading more!
Hi!! We do sound a lot alike!! They you....they are adorable...but keep me busy!! You're kiddos are adorable too!!

Our first trip was in January of 2009. The first couple of days were nice...low 70's....then came the freeze. It was like in the low 40's during the day and SO Windy!! We're lucky we brought DD's winter coat...DH and I didn't pack ours. We assumed we wouldn't need it...we will NEVER assume again!!! We still had fun....but I've decided I'd rather be really hot at Disney where you can swim to cool off...than be really cold!! The nights were miserable!

And yes...my son is ALL BOY too!! You nailed him on the head...very mischievous! I have seriously debated getting some kind of leash for him....but think between DH and I....we can handle him!! DD is good and won't wander. But I do plan on getting them some kind of bracelet or something with our names and number on it for the "just in case"!

TREX ~ Yes...Call directly! I couldn't get it either but once I called them I got the exact time I wanted!

Good luck on the Potty training!! I had never been more frustrated!! He was so off/on with it. And finally....one day...he decided to be on! He's done so well...so I figure in another 3 weeks he'll be a pro and we won't have to bring any pullups or anything!! I didn't know that about a cruise....hopefully he will get there by then! You have time!

Thanks for stopping by....going to look at your PTR!!!
mommytocalliesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #32
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran
 
reyasmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,729

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytocalliesue View Post
Hi!! We do sound a lot alike!! They you....they are adorable...but keep me busy!! You're kiddos are adorable too!!

Our first trip was in January of 2009. The first couple of days were nice...low 70's....then came the freeze. It was like in the low 40's during the day and SO Windy!! We're lucky we brought DD's winter coat...DH and I didn't pack ours. We assumed we wouldn't need it...we will NEVER assume again!!! We still had fun....but I've decided I'd rather be really hot at Disney where you can swim to cool off...than be really cold!! The nights were miserable!

And yes...my son is ALL BOY too!! You nailed him on the head...very mischievous! I have seriously debated getting some kind of leash for him....but think between DH and I....we can handle him!! DD is good and won't wander. But I do plan on getting them some kind of bracelet or something with our names and number on it for the "just in case"!

TREX ~ Yes...Call directly! I couldn't get it either but once I called them I got the exact time I wanted!

Good luck on the Potty training!! I had never been more frustrated!! He was so off/on with it. And finally....one day...he decided to be on! He's done so well...so I figure in another 3 weeks he'll be a pro and we won't have to bring any pullups or anything!! I didn't know that about a cruise....hopefully he will get there by then! You have time!

Thanks for stopping by....going to look at your PTR!!!
We went the end of February a couple years ago and it got pretty cold some nights too. I was really surprised. Not to the point where we needed winter jackets though. ((thank goodness)

We used one of those leashes for my DD when she was 18 months and they it worked wonders, however it's just NOT going to work with my son. I've tried it once and he was like a hyper little dog and just wrapped it around my leg or would take off and we'd close line innocent bystanders.

I just don't know what to do with that little boy sometimes? A few weeks ago we went to the new IKEA in town. I swear I took my eyes off of him for 4 seconds, just long enough to locate where the shopping carts were. Once I turned around he was 40 feet away from me going up the escalator. I screamed and ran as fast I could to him and once I reached bottom of the escalator he started falling backwards and luckily a nice couple right behind him caught him before he could get hurt. i NEVER had the problems with my DD, the two of them couldn't be any more opposite.

You'll have to give me some pointers when you get back from your trip to let me know how you both handled everything.
__________________
reyasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #33
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran
 
reyasmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,729

Ohhhhhhhhh speaking of "KID" leashes, how cute is this?


Here's a picture of DD when we needed one for her. She really didn't need one, it was more for my own piece of mind. Reya doesn't know what a stranger is and I was more afraid of someone snatching her. Oh my goodness she was so cute.
__________________
reyasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #34
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer
 
mommytocalliesue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 433

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
We went the end of February a couple years ago and it got pretty cold some nights too. I was really surprised. Not to the point where we needed winter jackets though. ((thank goodness)

We used one of those leashes for my DD when she was 18 months and they it worked wonders, however it's just NOT going to work with my son. I've tried it once and he was like a hyper little dog and just wrapped it around my leg or would take off and we'd close line innocent bystanders.

I just don't know what to do with that little boy sometimes? A few weeks ago we went to the new IKEA in town. I swear I took my eyes off of him for 4 seconds, just long enough to locate where the shopping carts were. Once I turned around he was 40 feet away from me going up the escalator. I screamed and ran as fast I could to him and once I reached bottom of the escalator he started falling backwards and luckily a nice couple right behind him caught him before he could get hurt. i NEVER had the problems with my DD, the two of them couldn't be any more opposite.

You'll have to give me some pointers when you get back from your trip to let me know how you both handled everything.
I SO AGREE with kids being exact opposites!!! Callie was so calm....!!! I've seen the Mickey leashes...and they are so cute! But like your DS, I really don't think it would work! He'd be just like your son! Plus...I think he'd scream bloody murder until we took it off of him. He definitely has a mind of his own! But I hear ya on the take your eye off him for a second and he's gone!! They are so quick! I'm sure I will definitely have tips...I mean stories for ya!!
mommytocalliesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #35
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer
 
mommytocalliesue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 433

In Case of Emergency

I've been searching the internet and looking for the best option for an ID bracelet for the kids. I've looked at all kinds....including the tattoos. I finally decided on these bracelets!

http://www.mypreciouskid.com/ICOE-in...-bracelet.html



The kids were able to pick the color they wanted and the design. DS choose the Train in green....and Callie choose the butterfly in pink. With shipping, they were $14.99.

However...after I ordered...I just read that they could take 3 weeks to come...that's about exactly how much time we have to our trip! I HOPE they're here in time!

Also, I see (after I ordered...I get so excited I don't always read the fine print ) that they're not adjustable. My kids are rather skinny (unlike their mama!) so I think it may be too big on their wrist. I guess they can just wear them on their ankles!
mommytocalliesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #36
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer
 
mommytocalliesue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 433

A thought on DH

I'm sitting here with my DS (DD at a friends house ) and thinking how I need to go shopping...ALONE!!! But I know that isn't going to happen for a while....

DH has been working 17-18 hour days....this would be like number 6 in a row He gets up at 5 am...and hasn't been getting home til 10:30 or 11:30 pm. Luckily the kids have been taking later naps...so on some days they are able to stay up til like 11 to see him.

However...the past 2 days they haven't seen him....he hasn't seen them. So, I'm thinking, if I was DH....how could I NOT be excited to have an entire week to spend with my family. A week where we don't HAVE to be anywhere (except our 4 ADR's!! ) A week where I can sit back and watch my children play. A week where I don't have to stress about not getting my work done! I'm hoping after this past week from HELL for him....that he'll appreciate the vacation a little bit more. I plan these vacations for the family....so I hope his attitude starts changing a bit...and I start seeing a little more excitement from him!

Just so you have an idea of what he does...this has been his "home" for the past month!! I would get sick of sitting in this all day!


mommytocalliesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #37
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

 
emmysmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Near Disneyland
Posts: 4,849

Those are cute ID bracelets. Usually they give you a "worst case scenario" for shipping/delivery so hopefully, they should get to you before your trip!

What the heck is that contraption on wheels? Is it a farming vehicle?

Glad you are looking forward to a very much deserved vacation for your entire family.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:46 PM   #38
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer
 
mommytocalliesue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 433

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Those are cute ID bracelets. Usually they give you a "worst case scenario" for shipping/delivery so hopefully, they should get to you before your trip!

What the heck is that contraption on wheels? Is it a farming vehicle?

Glad you are looking forward to a very much deserved vacation for your entire family.
LOL!! Yes....it is a farming vehicle. It's a sprayer...sprays fertilizer, chemicals, etc. But they just "transformed" it to pull the tassel on seed corn! It's a HUGE machine!

And he got home around 10:30 tonight...I let the kids stay up because we all took nice naps (2 hours!! )...and he was talking "Disney" <gasp> with Carson!!!

And yes...I'm hoping that's the worst case scenerio! I really need those for the trip...or I'll just bring a sharpie and write our number on their hand!
mommytocalliesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #39
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

 
emmysmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Near Disneyland
Posts: 4,849

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytocalliesue View Post
LOL!! Yes....it is a farming vehicle. It's a sprayer...sprays fertilizer, chemicals, etc. But they just "transformed" it to pull the tassel on seed corn! It's a HUGE machine!

And he got home around 10:30 tonight...I let the kids stay up because we all took nice naps (2 hours!! )...and he was talking "Disney" <gasp> with Carson!!!

And yes...I'm hoping that's the worst case scenerio! I really need those for the trip...or I'll just bring a sharpie and write our number on their hand!
Good to know! My daddy was a farm boy from Nebraska until he moved to CA in the late 50's. All these years later he is a collector of John Deere tractors from the 40's through 50's - go figure!

You are are very resourceful mom - sharpie on the hand!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:54 PM   #40
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer
 
mommytocalliesue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 433

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Good to know! My daddy was a farm boy from Nebraska until he moved to CA in the late 50's. All these years later he is a collector of John Deere tractors from the 40's through 50's - go figure!

You are are very resourceful mom - sharpie on the hand!
I won't tell my son that...he is OBSESSED with John Deere....anything John Deere....tractors, shirts, hats, etc..! His first word was tractor (of course it was a John Deere)....and he says it SO MUCH....all of our friends and their children called him "Tractor!!" He'll definitely be a farm boy like his daddy!! Not sure how I feel about that....
mommytocalliesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #41
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer
 
mommytocalliesue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 433

Step Away from the Credit Card

I've been doing some shopping.....and I need to STOP!!!

Here were some clothing purchases I got for the kiddos. All were on sale....and were made back in like April!









Updated Calendar




Rain Ponchos








Hygiene Items!!

It grosses me out that DS has to hang on to the toliet and put his legs/feet all over. So I got 5 packages of these...



And DH has issues with chafing....ssshhhh....don't tell him I told!!



I've heard good things about this stuff!


And DD wants to dress as a princess for her princess breakfast! However, most of her dress up dresses are either 1) TOO hot for August or 2) Too small! So I let her pick a new dress out. Too my surprised she picked Tiana! I thought for sure she'd pick Ariel!



And of course the Crown!




Just found these...I forgot I had picked them up! They were like $5.00. Not sure if they'll do the autograph thing...but just in case!


Last edited by mommytocalliesue; 07-23-2012 at 04:07 PM.
mommytocalliesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #42
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer
 
mommytocalliesue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 433

My Princess

Callie's princess outfit came today!! She will not take it off!

Like I mentioned above, I told her she could pick a new dress and she picked Tiana! I was hesitant (just because Ariel is her favorite and I was afraid she would regret her decision) but she looks SO ADORABLE and is absolutely in love with it!! Plus...I do think it will be cool in the August heat!

mommytocalliesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:17 AM   #43
Halloween Baby
Mouseketeer
 
Halloween Baby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas!
Posts: 457

I've only read the first part of your PTR so far but we have had such a similar story! I love that you used the age of your DS as an excuse to go... I did the same thing!! Can't wait to read more! Oh, and I love the pic of your DD waiting for Little Mermaid!
__________________
ME (33) DF (33) DS (10) DS (3)
Offsite 2/89 Offsite 5/98 Pop 7/08 Pop 12/09 CSR 8/12 DCL Fantasy 5/14!!



Halloween Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #44
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer
 
mommytocalliesue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween Baby View Post
I've only read the first part of your PTR so far but we have had such a similar story! I love that you used the age of your DS as an excuse to go... I did the same thing!! Can't wait to read more! Oh, and I love the pic of your DD waiting for Little Mermaid!
LOL!!! It was a good excuse....!!! I'm already saying I want to go again before he hits kindergarten!! So that will be in in the next 2 years!
mommytocalliesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #45
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer
 
mommytocalliesue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 433

Garden Grocer

I've been messing around with Garden Grocer. The past couple trips, I've just shoved snacks in our luggage....but figure we'll need more this trip with 4 of us going. Here's what I've come up with so far.....what am I missing? Suggestions, advice?!?! TIA!


*Store Brand Milk 2% Reduced Fat 1/2 GAL 64oz.
*Vanity Fair Premium Quality Napkins White 3Ply 40CT
*Dixie Bowls Paper 20oz. Each 24CT PKG
*Store Brand Plastic Cutlery 16 Forks, 16 Knives, 16 Spoons 48CT PKG
*Dasani Purified Water 24PK 16.9oz Bottles
*Crunchpak Fresh Sliced Apples Sweet 14oz Bag
*Kellogg's Cereal Variety Pak 10CT 9.63oz PKG
*Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats Original 8CT 6.2oz Box
*General Mills Fiber One Chewy Bars Oats & Caramel 5CT 7oz Box
*Yoplait Gogurt Melon Berry & Cotton Candy 8CT 2.25oz EA
*Mott's Original 100% Apple Juice 64oz BTL
*Bugles Corn Snacks Original 7.5oz Bag
*Fritos Corn Chips Scoops 10.5oz Bag
*Twizzlers Strawberry Twists 16oz Bag
*Betty Crocker Fruit Gushers Tropical Flavors 6CT 5.4oz Box
*Nabisco Cookies & Crackers Variety Pack 12CT Box
*Parade Cotton Candy 2oz Tub
*Tostitos Salsa Con Queso Medium 15oz Jar
mommytocalliesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.