Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #16
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Wow....I haven't updated this in over a month....am starting to stress about some of the little things....!!

So back to the planning.....
mommytocalliesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:51 PM   #17
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Magic Kingdom

My Absolute FAVORITE park ever....the Magic Kingdom!! I could spend my entire time here!! Usually we always start and end our trip here...but since we'll be close to Epcot...on our first night we're going to walk over there. But you can bet we'll end our trip there!

Magic Kingdom Must Do's

*The People Mover (one of my fav's!)
*Space Mountain
*Buzz Light Year
*Tea Cups
*Pooh Bear
*Peter Pan
*Dumbo
*The Barnstormer
*It's a Small World
*The Jungle Cruise
*Pirates of the Carribean
*Haunted Mansion
*Splash Mountain
*Big Thunder Mountain
*Monster Inc. Laugh Floor
*Mickey's PhilharMagic
*Carpets of Aladdin
*Carousel
*Trainl

Magic Kingdom "If we have Time"
*Astro Orbitor
*Swiss Family Treehouse
*Tom Sawyer Island
*Tomorrowland Speedway
*Carousel of Progress
*Tiki Room

Last edited by mommytocalliesue; 07-23-2012 at 11:56 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2012, 11:47 PM   #18
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Carson's Surprise!!

Carson turns 3 in October. Carson has been peeing in the potty for almost a year....but couldn't get the number 2 down (sorry...TMI...but if you have kids...you totally understand!!) It's been so frustrating for me. But...here we are....about a month away from Disney....and.....

wait for it....

wait......

a little bit more.....

He's POTTY TRAINED!!!

That's right....he's been in big boy underwear for a week now and no accidents!! I'm SO happy. No diapers or pullups at Disney. No trying to change a dirty diaper in the Disney bathrooms!!! This, I know, will make the trip even more special!!

Ok....back to the main program!!

Last edited by mommytocalliesue; 07-17-2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Edited because my son will be 3...not 2...oh boy...where is my brain!
Old 07-13-2012, 12:01 AM   #19
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Epcot

Epcot

Epcot has never been one of my favorite parks. I know, I know....I gotten the wrath of many Epcot lovers!! I'm REALLY going to try to like it more this trip. Because we are staying at the BC, I'm planning on spending more time there. I definitely have my "favorites" to do there...and that's pretty much all I do!! This time I'm going to try to venture out of the box and do some new things! We'll see.....

Must Do's at Epcot
*Soarin' (have NEVER done this...but looking forward to it this time. Going to try to go at 9:00 pm while IllumiNations is going on....tip I got from the DisBoards!!)
*The Seas with Nemo
*Spaceship Earth
*Turtle Talk
*Grand Fiesta Tour
*Figment (Have never done this)
*Living with the Land
*Maelstrom (Never done this either!!)

If we have time
*Mission Space (Never done this)

It's been a long time since we really walked around the World...so hoping to do this on this trip.

Anything else you can suggest we do?

Last edited by mommytocalliesue; 07-23-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:13 AM   #20
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi there! Your BC stay caught my attention - I really like that resort and you will love the pool area for your kiddos!

I chuckled at your DH's response to favorite thing about Disney - "no comment"

Congratulations on your DS being potty trained all the way - what a relief to travel to WDW without all the diaper accoutrements!

As for you Epcot choices - I think you have some great choices already with The Seas with Nemo, Gran Fiesta, Malestrom (it is dark inside the ride if that bothers any of the little ones) and especially Turtle Talk. So cute! Another idea inside Innoventions (West bldg I believe) is the Great Piggy Bank Adventure which is fun and interactive that I think especially your DD will love.

There may be some height restrictions for Soarin' but it is awesome and that is great advice to go during Illuminations.

Happy planning and I hope you convert your DH to be a WDW lover soon!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #21
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi there! Your BC stay caught my attention - I really like that resort and you will love the pool area for your kiddos!

I chuckled at your DH's response to favorite thing about Disney - "no comment"

Congratulations on your DS being potty trained all the way - what a relief to travel to WDW without all the diaper accoutrements!

As for you Epcot choices - I think you have some great choices already with The Seas with Nemo, Gran Fiesta, Malestrom (it is dark inside the ride if that bothers any of the little ones) and especially Turtle Talk. So cute! Another idea inside Innoventions (West bldg I believe) is the Great Piggy Bank Adventure which is fun and interactive that I think especially your DD will love.

There may be some height restrictions for Soarin' but it is awesome and that is great advice to go during Illuminations.

Happy planning and I hope you convert your DH to be a WDW lover soon!

I really hope we like BC...there are still times I doubt it....but am sticking with it!! DH did start asking questions <gasp> about the hotel...so showing interest is progress!! Thanks for your advice on Epcot...never have heard of the Piggy Bank Adventure so will definitely check that out! That would be something fun that we could do while DH and DS go back to the room!! Callie will be able to do Soarin...but Carson won't. I'm thinking the boys can do The Land ride while we do it! And don't worry...I'm working on DH.....!!!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #22
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Hollywood Studios

Hollywood Studios

This is probably my 2nd favorite park! I feel there are so many things here that are at the top of my "favorites" list! And I think we will enjoy being able to take the boat from the hotel to the park. DS will probably think the boat is a ride!!

DHS Must Do's
*Rock N' Roller Coaster
*Tower of Terror
*Beauty and the Beast Show
*Little Mermaid Show
*Playhouse Live Show
*EMH Dance Party at Playhouse (DD LOVED this last trip!!)
*Great Movie Ride
*TSM (DS will LOVE this...just need to make sure to to get FP!)
*Star Tours
*Honey I Strunk the Kids play area

If time....

*Fantasmic (Only if it fits in schedule...saw it last time and not sure if DS will like it!)
*Lights, Motors, Action Show
*American Idol Show
*Muppet Vision
*Backlot Tour

Last edited by mommytocalliesue; 07-23-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #23
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom

This park is also at the top....heck...I love them all!! (Ok...going to work on Epcot!!) I know DS will love seeing all the animals...and some of Callie's favorites are here!

Animal Kingdom Must Do's
*Expedition Everest (Another one just for me!)
*Kilimanjaros Safari
*Festival of the Lion King
*Finding Nemo
*The Boneyard
*Tricera Top Spin

If time....
*Kali River Rapids
*It's Tough to be a Bug (WILL NOT TAKE DS ON THIS!! He's deathly AFRAID of bugs!! This will be a DD and DH ride!)
*Dinosaur (Another ride just I'll do)
*Wildlife Express Train (just because DS loves choo choos!)
*Some of the Animal Exhibits

Last edited by mommytocalliesue; 07-23-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #24
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Quick Service Dining

Since we didn't book as many ADR's this trip....I've picked some of the Quick Service places that I think will interest our family. DS is REALLY picky...so I think for most of the trip he'll just eat off our plate. He's more of a snacker....aka...loves Sweets!! Just like his Dad! DD is ok as long as there is pizza, chicken, etc. there!

Magic Kingdom

•Casey’s Corner - (Hot Dogs, Fries, etc…) – Main St.
•Columbia Harbour House – (Chicken Strips, Fish, etc) Liberty Town Square
•Cosmic Rays Starlight Café – (Burgers, etc) – Tomorrowland
•Friars Nook (Hotdogs, Sandwiches) Fantasyland
•Golden Oakpost (Chicken Nuggets, Sandwiches, Flatbreads) Frontierland
•Pecos Bill Inn (Wraps, Cheeseburgers) Frontierland
•Pinocchio Village Haus (Pizza, Nuggets) Fantasyland

Epcot

•Electric Umbrella (Meatball sub, wraps, chicken) Future World
•Liberty Inn (Burgers, hot dogs)
•The Refreshment Port (shrimp, Chicken) World ShowCase
•Sunshine Season (variety) The Land

Hollywood Studios

•ABC Commissary (Burgers, nuggets) – Backlot
•Backlot Express (Salads, hot dogs, chicken strips) – Backlot
•Studios Catering Co (wraps) – Backlot
•Pizza Planet - Backlot

Animal Kindgom

•Flame Tree BBQ (Discovery Island)
•Pizzafari – (Discovery Island)
•Restaurantosaurus (Burgers) (Dinoland)

Old 07-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #25
cogero
DIS Veteran

We are staying at Beach Club for our trip in August. It is our first time staying there in the DVC unites we did stay there in the hotel rooms and loved it.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #26
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
We are staying at Beach Club for our trip in August. It is our first time staying there in the DVC unites we did stay there in the hotel rooms and loved it.
I've heard nothing *BUT* good about staying here!! I'm excited...especially about the pool! Next time I may look into renting from DVC!

Last edited by mommytocalliesue; 07-16-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:39 AM   #27
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Reviewed your touring and dining plans and you have great plans! Most of your favorites are on my to do list as well. I'm just a little bummed that my DD is over seeing Beauty & The Beast stage show at DHS..I may have to resort to bribery!

Glad to know that your DH is starting to ask questions about the hotel - definitely shows some interest.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #28
sk!mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytocalliesue View Post
Epcot

Epcot has never been one of my favorite parks. I know, I know....I gotten the wrath of many Epcot lovers!! I'm REALLY going to try to like it more this trip. Because we are staying at the BC, I'm planning on spending more time there. I definitely have my "favorites" to do there...and that's pretty much all I do!! This time I'm going to try to venture out of the box and do some new things! We'll see.....

Must Do's at Epcot
*Soarin' (have NEVER done this...but looking forward to it this time. Going to try to go at 9:00 pm while IllumiNations is going on....tip I got from the DisBoards!!)
*The Seas with Nemo
*Spaceship Earth
*Turtle Talk
*Grand Fiesta Tour
*Figment (Have never done this)
*Living with the Land
*Maelstrom (Never done this either!!)

If we have time
*Mission Space (Never done this)

It's been a long time since we really walked around the World...so hoping to do this on this trip.

Anything else you can suggest we do?
If you're trying to convince your DH to love WDW, then drink around the world. We spend as much time at Epcot as we do MK. dH loves to stroll around the world trying a drink and snack in each country.
sk!mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #29
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Reviewed your touring and dining plans and you have great plans! Most of your favorites are on my to do list as well. I'm just a little bummed that my DD is over seeing Beauty & The Beast stage show at DHS..I may have to resort to bribery!

Glad to know that your DH is starting to ask questions about the hotel - definitely shows some interest.
LOL!! I'm bribing my DD to do somethings that she doesn't want to....I'm going to try ToT again!! I usually try to have more specific plans...but know alot of time (with DH and DS) that we'll have to play it by ear! And yes...I'm hoping DH is getting a bit excited! He's been working 17 hour days (4 days in a row now) so I think he's getting ready for a break!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk!mom View Post
If you're trying to convince your DH to love WDW, then drink around the world. We spend as much time at Epcot as we do MK. dH loves to stroll around the world trying a drink and snack in each country.
LOL!! We may just do that! Since we'll be close to Epcot...I may just send him there while I take the kids and do something!!! That will make him happy!!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #30
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Hello.

Your kids are super adorable! Your son has the cutest, mischievous smile.
When did you go to Disney in those photos on the first page of your PTR? You look like you’re dressed for Colorado in December. LOL.. Holy Moly.
Anyway.. We have a few things is common. My DD is also 6 and starting 1st grade in August., and my son is 2 ½ and ALL boy!! I can’t get him to sit still for 2 minutes, so Disney is going to be interesting without sticking him on a leash and/or attaching a shock collar to his neck. I also wanted to get a trip in before he turns 3. I really wanted to make sure we could take advantage of him getting in and eating for free one last time.
I cannot for the life of me get reservations for TREX.. I’ve looked at every possible time and date for our trip in NOVEMBER and nothing. Did you make yours through Disney or did you call the restaurant directly?
LOVE your countdown calendar. I can’t wait until we make ours.
Congratulations on the potty training. I’m having a heck of a time with Jayden and have given up for a short time. I need to make sure he’s 100% trained before we leave on our trip though. We’re taking a cruise and he won’t be allowed in the pools if he’s in swim diapers. Wish us luck.
Well sorry for all the rambling… lol. I look forward to reading more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: