Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
xxpeplyxx
Ultimate Disney fan <3

Disney trip planning - everyone seems to plan before they go?

It seems that more people plan their entire trip than those who don't! We have never planned anything we just go with the flow, we do often have dining reservations but first thing in the morning so that we have the rest of the day to do as we please, i was just curious as to why some people plan each day from start to end, down to where they will eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner, surely this makes for less ride time? and less time to enjoy the parks, say for example you have a dining reservation for i dont know 1pm but you wanted to go on a ride at 12:30pm because it only had a 30 minute que, you then wouldn't be able to ride that ride as you'd be cutting time too fine?

to be honest from reading other threads, i'd say we seem to be the odd ones just going with the flow, not knowing which park we will go to on what day, and just making the decision based on how we feel in the morning!! The most planning we do is seeing what EMH are on on that day and deciding weather we use them or not! I was just thinking...... say for example, you had a 7 day trip to disney world and you planned MK on monday, AK on tuesday, Typhoon Lagoon on wednesday, hollywood studios Thursday, Blizzard Beach Friday, EPCOT saturday and Downtown Disney on sunday Thats every day full, but say on Wednesday its stormy and you cant go to Typhoon Lagoon how do you then fit it in without ruining the entire holiday itineray. Surely it's easier to go with the weather and what you feel like doing on the day? But as i say i've never planned a single day apart from day 1 of our holiday (as we always go to sea world.... weather permitting of course) so i wouldn't really know how well it worked so am curious as to your expierences of planning an entire trip before going?

Or is anyone with me on this one, do you also just wake up and see what you feel like doing? see what the weather is like? if your feeling like a relaxing day in a water park rather than a very busy day in another theme park?

Old 07-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpeplyxx View Post
It seems that more people plan their entire trip than those who don't! We have never planned anything we just go with the flow, we do often have dining reservations but first thing in the morning so that we have the rest of the day to do as we please, i was just curious as to why some people plan each day from start to end, down to where they will eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner, surely this makes for less ride time? and less time to enjoy the parks, say for example you have a dining reservation for i dont know 1pm but you wanted to go on a ride at 12:30pm because it only had a 30 minute que, you then wouldn't be able to ride that ride as you'd be cutting time too fine?

to be honest from reading other threads, i'd say we seem to be the odd ones just going with the flow, not knowing which park we will go to on what day, and just making the decision based on how we feel in the morning!! The most planning we do is seeing what EMH are on on that day and deciding weather we use them or not! I was just thinking...... say for example, you had a 7 day trip to disney world and you planned MK on monday, AK on tuesday, Typhoon Lagoon on wednesday, hollywood studios Thursday, Blizzard Beach Friday, EPCOT saturday and Downtown Disney on sunday Thats every day full, but say on Wednesday its stormy and you cant go to Typhoon Lagoon how do you then fit it in without ruining the entire holiday itineray. Surely it's easier to go with the weather and what you feel like doing on the day? But as i say i've never planned a single day apart from day 1 of our holiday (as we always go to sea world.... weather permitting of course) so i wouldn't really know how well it worked so am curious as to your expierences of planning an entire trip before going?

Or is anyone with me on this one, do you also just wake up and see what you feel like doing? see what the weather is like? if your feeling like a relaxing day in a water park rather than a very busy day in another theme park?
I know me personally have never really been a planner. I've been to Disney many times and usually don't even plan a sit down dinner.

Now that I've been there alot I'm realizing I need to plan a bit more and see and experience other parts of the park. Not just the rides. Alot of things in the parks you have to have a reservation for or you're almost always out of luck.

Some people really do plan every minute of their trip. I think people really enjoy planning their trips. I know after I made all my ADR's I was thinking "Aww...now I just get to wait" If you plan more that fun Disney feeling keeps going and going. Almost like a high.

I personally would go crazy trying to plan everything. I'll be lucky if the ADR's work out and the weather cooperates.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
xxpeplyxx
Ultimate Disney fan <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad madam mim78 View Post
I know me personally have never really been a planner. I've been to Disney many times and usually don't even plan a sit down dinner.

Now that I've been there alot I'm realizing I need to plan a bit more and see and experience other parts of the park. Not just the rides. Alot of things in the parks you have to have a reservation for or you're almost always out of luck.

Some people really do plan every minute of their trip. I think people really enjoy planning their trips. I know after I made all my ADR's I was thinking "Aww...now I just get to wait" If you plan more that fun Disney feeling keeps going and going. Almost like a high.

I personally would go crazy trying to plan everything. I'll be lucky if the ADR's work out and the weather cooperates.
I'm glad i'm not the only one who doesn't plan it, we usually go for 14 nights, but do everything, all the Disney Parks, Busch Gardens, Universal Studios and Islands Of Adventure, Sea World, Wet 'n' Wild and Aquatica, and have never had a problem fitting it all in, the only plans we have for our next trip starting the 3rd of August 2013 for 14 nights will be Sea World on day 1, and Discovery Cove will be in their somewhere this time as well, and then 1 character dining breakfast and breakfast at Boma, but those are the only plans we have for our entire holiday :D

Old 07-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
Suelala
Mouseketeer

The only things I plan are which park for which days, and I make a very few dining ressies for places I want to be sure to get to eat at. I don't plan an hourly schedule. We always have park hopper passes so that if we find a park too crowded on any day, we have the option to move to another one. The reason why I like to plan which park for each day, is that I do a little research and try to avoid the EMH and most crowded park each day.
There is no wrong way to go to WDW...my daughter is more of a let's get up and see where we want to go type, too.
My park schedule is made, have 4 dining ressies, and 95 days to wait for it all!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: