Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
Royal Consort
And I thought a Park Hopper was just a Kangaroo in a native reserve.

Aussies and Disney Pins

We've set up Disney accounts, we've saved offers, we've ordered the DVD from the Aus site, we booked the DDP, we've played around with the maps on the site.................. for months.

Do Aussies qualify for Disney pins or are they sent out only to US residents?

We're gunning for WDW free dining which would make our Nov trip much easier. The US DISboard sections have multiple people doing the free dining pin dance and I'M JEALOUS! I'm starting to wonder whether international guests receive them at all. Can anyone advise?

Old 06-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Consort View Post
We've set up Disney accounts, we've saved offers, we've ordered the DVD from the Aus site, we booked the DDP, we've played around with the maps on the site.................. for months.

Do Aussies qualify for Disney pins or are they sent out only to US residents?

We're gunning for free dining which would make our Nov trip much easier. I'm starting to wonder whether international guests receive them at all. Can anyone advise?

I've received pins twice, both for accom only at DL though, so yes, we Aussies do qualify.

Have you saved offers on your account? I think thats why I got a couple, it has been ages though since I got one, but maybe it's because I made a booking LOL

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
Royal Consort
And I thought a Park Hopper was just a Kangaroo in a native reserve.

we continually go in every couple of weeks and save offers. We've even got a couple of accounts for everyone in the family with email addresses. I've even got accounts with my name at my parents house!
Old 06-10-2012, 05:41 AM   #4
mareeld86
DIS Veteran

I would just wait! Normally November free dining comes out in August. Last year it was August 8th i wouldn't be too worried if you look on Mousesavers it shows you when the free dining for the public has come out for the past 5 years Hope this helps.
Disneyland Disneyland January 2002,Disneyland January 2006, Disneyland January 2009 , Disneyland February 2010. Disneyland, Walt Disney World & Disney Western Caribbean Cruise November, December 2011 & January 2012 our 9 Week trip.
mareeld86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:40 AM   #5
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

It's rare for International guests to score a PIN - some here will say it happens. We used to do business in the US and 2 years ago I scored a PIN using that address but I have not recieved anything via my Australian address
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #6
jacs1234
DIS Veteran

I tried last year but I never got one. I was however traveling with a person over 60 so got a decent 30% discount on accommodation.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:35 AM   #7
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

I get a pin a year on average.....never what I can use but hey

Shame we can't transfer them to other people..could get a nice racket going...black market disney discount pins......
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: