Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #106
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
Wow! What a great TR. Your humor is not wasted on me. I just finished, and my comments may not be in order of your TR. If they are in the incorrect order we could blame many things, but I usually go back to my disability....CRS ... Can't Remember Stuff.

Your dogs are adorable.
Thanks and welcome to this TR! They are Havanese and about 6 months old in that picture. They are great inside dogs. They get about 10-14' tall, about 10-15lbs, DON'T SHED and they come in all colors!

Quote:
That sign is probably the one thing that may keep me from moving south. Well, not really the sign... but the reason for it.
Awww c'mon now...you know they are more scared of you than you are of them!

Quote:
We love BLT. Can never get enough resort photos, and yours are very nice. Thanks.

The Mickey "modern art type" sculpture now has plexiglass??? We used to take our look how much you've grown since our last trip photos there, but haven't in a few years. The kids used to sit in Mickeys ears. hmmm I wonder if that is the reason for the plexiglass. oops sorry.
It was our 1st stay at BLT. It was really nice to walk to MK even though we didn't go in!

Quote:
Sorry about the dryer issue. We fiddle in the north too, however in my house that usually ends with the fire department being called.
I check for the location of the fire extinguishers before I start fiddlin'. Don't want to be like that fella Nero! Wait, that's a different kind of fiddlin' but there was a fire involved!

Quote:
We love dvc & TiW. And I can't imagine staying dvc and not going to a park. It would be somewhat torture to me. I would probably bribe one of my kids to sneak over with me while the others slept.
I tried to think of every excuse in the book to justify a trip into MK but even I didn't believe them!

Quote:
DC looks beautiful. I would love to play with the dolphins some day.

We have done HDDR 3 times and have not been disappointed yet. Actually have a priceless memory with a friend of our there who has passed away too young. i wouldn't trade that memory for the world. ...even Disney world.
I can't recommend DC highly enough. It was absolutely fantastic and I haven't even finished that day of the TR! We will definately be going back to HDDR!

Quote:
Now, about that photo of your DW. ...hmmm I would simply remind my DH what they say about pay back. (it would be fun for him to be watching his back for the remainder of our vacation. Wouldn't even need to do anything.) Which brings me to my next comment.... when did you take that photo? before or after your incidental injuries? hehehe just a thought
BUSTED!! The pic - the shark - the look - the blood! Don't remember which order they were in or what exactly happened - it's all kind of a blur!

Quote:
We have multiples also. I dread the day one of them can't join us on vacation. As it is this Nov. they will have to depart Disney early as they will be in their last (God willing ) year of college.
TRIPLETS?!?! Dear lady you are a Saint! I can't even imagine. After starting out with twins, when DD was born, we kept thinking we were supposed to be doing something else because we'd have 15 minutes of nothing to do during the day! I used to dream of having a football team but after twin boys and a daughter, we stopped at a basketball team including DW and myself!

Quote:
Now, best for last.... Your family is beautiful. Congratulations on your new "daughter" and on the upcoming nuptials that will give you another "son". Hope they all have many wonderful years together!
Why thank you ma'am! I kinda like all of them so I guess I'll keep them a while longer. I'm not sure they feel the same way all the time but I imagine as long as I keep taking them on trips, most of them will hang around a while longer!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 06-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #107
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minandmick View Post
Ok, the picture of your wife giving "the look" did it for me, I'm in for this trip report! :cheer2

Seriously, I was busting a gut at that picture.....so spot on! I just gave my husband that look yesterday.
Welcome to our little party! Glad you are getting a laugh or two out of it. I wouldn't mind "the look" if I could get equal amounts of "ooh la la looks" but that's a WHOLE different story!

(Side note: DW must have just read this post because I got another one of "the looks"! Sighhhhh...oh well, at least this time I know what this one was for!)

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #108
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Love the dolphin swim pictures! I really want to swim with dolphins!
You gotta try it Tinks. Just tell DH about the unlimited free beer at DC! That sold it for me!

Old 06-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #109
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamom View Post
I'm loving your trip report! If you don't mind my asking, how much was the photo package? I'm trying to budget for next year's trip and know we will want all the photos/dvd. You have also convinced me to get a cabana.
Welcome and glad you are enjoying the TR! The ultimate photo package was $219 before the 25% discount so it ended up $174.93 (tax included). It's kind of pricey but I really wanted all the pics plus the video. I clipped some of the video and posted small segments in a previous post. I guess we're spoiled now but I doubt I'd go back without taking advantage of the cabana all day.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #110
minandmick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Welcome and glad you are enjoying the TR! The ultimate photo package was $219 before the 25% discount so it ended up $174.93 (tax included). It's kind of pricey but I really wanted all the pics plus the video. I clipped some of the video and posted small segments in a previous post. I guess we're spoiled now but I doubt I'd go back without taking advantage of the cabana all day.
Actually, I think this is very reasonable with the discount!

Just so you know, I have that song "She's Got The Look" going through my head now....

many childhood trips. DTD 8/10 PoP 1/11 POFQ 2/12 POP 10/12
Old 06-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #111
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I'm continuing to thoroughly enjoy your trip report!

WOW- your Discovery Cove day looks amazing!!! Love dolphins, love snorkeling, love unlimited food & drink!

As far as the water temp- bring it! I'm from New England. Anything above 70 degrees is a hot tub.

Incredible pictures all around. The photo package was definitely worth it. There's some priceless pictures and memories there!

More, please!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #113
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Thanks and welcome to this TR! They are Havanese and about 6 months old in that picture. They are great inside dogs. They get about 10-14' tall, about 10-15lbs, DON'T SHED and they come in all colors!
THEY DON'T SHED? 10-15lbs? Tell me in general are they good with young children? We may be looking for a pet in the next year or so. Although, we usually go to a shelter.

Awww c'mon now...you know they are more scared of you than you are of them! YOU THINK SO HUH?

It was our 1st stay at BLT. It was really nice to walk to MK even though we didn't go in!

I check for the location of the fire extinguishers before I start fiddlin'. Don't want to be like that fella Nero! Wait, that's a different kind of fiddlin' but there was a fire involved!

I tried to think of every excuse in the book to justify a trip into MK but even I didn't believe them!

I can't recommend DC highly enough. It was absolutely fantastic and I haven't even finished that day of the TR! We will definately be going back to HDDR!
Thanks! I will be looking into this for a future trip.

BUSTED!! The pic - the shark - the look - the blood! Don't remember which order they were in or what exactly happened - it's all kind of a blur!

TRIPLETS?!?! Dear lady you are a Saint! I can't even imagine. After starting out with twins, when DD was born, we kept thinking we were supposed to be doing something else because we'd have 15 minutes of nothing to do during the day! I used to dream of having a football team but after twin boys and a daughter, we stopped at a basketball team including DW and myself!

We have a singleton 12years the triplets junior. She IS our last. Not sure if it's her "loneliness" or my age, but I am always tired with this one. BTW, I have something to tell your twins.... My Mom carried twins. I got lucky enough to have triplets. ... (give them a little food for thought)

Why thank you ma'am! I kinda like all of them so I guess I'll keep them a while longer. I'm not sure they feel the same way all the time but I imagine as long as I keep taking them on trips, most of them will hang around a while longer!
I am only speaking the truth. Ahh, the old, "if I take you to WDW will you follow me home" trick. DH got me with that one.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Old 06-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #114
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minandmick View Post
Just so you know, I have that song "She's Got The Look" going through my head now....
I hate it when that happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I'm continuing to thoroughly enjoy your trip report!

WOW- your Discovery Cove day looks amazing!!! Love dolphins, love snorkeling, love unlimited food & drink!

As far as the water temp- bring it! I'm from New England. Anything above 70 degrees is a hot tub.

Incredible pictures all around. The photo package was definitely worth it. There's some priceless pictures and memories there!

More, please!
I'm so glad you are enjoying the TR. As you know, they are a labor of love to write, especially with pictures, but it makes it all worthwhile knowing others are enjoying the diatribe and maybe finding out a thing or two to try.

From NE, huh? Yeah, I heard stories that y'all get something up there called snow. Being from South Mississippi, I'm not sure what that is but I did see some on Main Street two years ago when DW and I went by ourselves to WDW. Is that the same stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
That would definitely be a selling point! I think you are learning him well!!
It's not as much that I am learning him as it is I just say what would I do!

Quote:
THEY DON'T SHED? 10-15lbs? Tell me in general are they good with young children? We may be looking for a pet in the next year or so. Although, we usually go to a shelter.
Nope, don't shed. Perfect inside dogs and they LOVE children. Just Google "Havanese" and you'll find plenty of people with puppies for sale. Word of warning though, get ready to ooh & ahh.

Quote:
We have a singleton 12years the triplets junior. She IS our last. Not sure if it's her "loneliness" or my age, but I am always tired with this one. BTW, I have something to tell your twins.... My Mom carried twins. I got lucky enough to have triplets. ... (give them a little food for thought)
No way will I tell them that. DS1 and DDiL say they're never having kids. DS2 says he'll never marry. DD will start med school next fall so she better not have any for 8 years! As you can see, I won't be a grandpa anytime soon so I'm not going to tell them they are prone to have a litter!

Quote:
I am only speaking the truth. Ahh, the old, "if I take you to WDW will you follow me home" trick. DH got me with that one.
I tried that once...they went to WDW but weren't as enthused about all things Disney as I am so I told them to NOT follow ME home! There are just some things you have to put your foot down about!!

Old 06-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #115
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Now where was I in this trek of ours? Oh yeah...

The next hour or so was just sitting and watching the other dolphin swims from our excellent view. It was nice just to relax, drink a soda, eat a snack and reapply the “ghost” cream. After a while we decided to find the aviary. A bit of advice here – if you get the chance, try and visit this as early as possible. After a whole day of people visiting here, the birds have been fed a lot and aren’t as eager to eat out of your hand later on in the day. Some still did for us but if you want to feed a lot of them, go early. BTW, the bird feed is free. Here are some pics of the birds we were able to see

A beautiful peacock being fed by another DC guest

This albino peacock was hiding

Continued in next post

Old 06-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #116
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post

A few more birds

And then we found this little guy that let me pet him while DDiL fed him

Fortunately he wasn't repulsed by the humongous bandage you can see on my leg from that life-altering encounter earlier in the day!

Old 06-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #117
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

That about concludes our day at DC. After our visit to the aviary, we relaxed at the cabana. DD and DDfi made another trip to the Grand Reef. We were going to try the lazy river again but everybody was getting tired, especially DW. DW and I visited the shops and then purchased our picture package. It was a fantastic day, even though I had to fight for my life against the man-eating shark!

Here’s a side note. If you noticed in the pic of the map of DC, there was an area that the Wind Away River meandered around that is listed as “2012 Future Experience”. This area should be opened real soon if not already. It is called the Freshwater Oasis. Here is the promo information:

Freshwater Oasis is an all-new attraction featuring swimming and wading adventures and face-to-face encounters with playful otters and curious marmosets.

When guests participate with nature at Discovery Cove, they unlock discoveries that can be life-changing. Freshwater Oasis is an all-new opportunity to wade up-close with wildlife in a relaxing tropical setting. It’s an exhilarating tropical exhale.

Designed with a rainforest canopy above and sparkling-clear springs below, Freshwater Oasis is a natural fit within Discovery Cove’s tropical vibe. Guests can relax and explore. They’ll wade, wonder, swim and float in the water-filled trails and discover marmosets and playful Asian otters. No matter where they turn, they’ll find endless discoveries.

I don’t know when we would have had time to do this but it’s another reason for us to return to DC one day soon. Of all the places we have been to in and around Orlando that were not Disney, Discovery Cove is the most “Disney-like”. The DC hosts/hostesses were extremely nice and pro-active in making sure your experience was memorable. The facilities are very nice and clean. The theming is great. It’s a first class operation all the way. If you ever get a chance to spend a day away from WDW, Discovery Cove would be a great choice.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #118
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wow - those birds are amazing! I'm not sure if I could talk Denny into swimming with the dolphins. He never learned to swim well and he is a little water phobic, but I think he would love the birds.

That future area sounds pretty cool, too!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #119
minandmick
Mouseketeer

Discovery Cove sounds wonderful! Your family looked like they really enjoyed the time there!

I was looking at the DC website, the rainforest area looks like it will be really cook, but I don't know if I could enjoy it while worrying for snakes. It just seems like the perfect area for them to hide out. I wonder if they'll put up a sign?

Your poor daughter-in-law and that dolphin! That would have been so embarrassing! She seems like she's a good sport though and that you all got a good laugh.

many childhood trips. DTD 8/10 PoP 1/11 POFQ 2/12 POP 10/12
Old 06-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #120
natebenma
DIS Veteran

OK, time to pick up your stipend from Sea World for promoting Discovery Cove. I'm sold! Sounds like a simply amazing experience.

I'm hoping the Freshwater otter experience has the critters behind glass. I would hate to read a future installment about you encountering man-eating otters.

We stayed at a resort in Jamaica that had an onsite aviary with tropical birds that would land on you as you fed them. It was majorly cool!

Speaking of cool- yes, snow really does exist and I don't think it is exactly what you encountered on Main Street.

With sincere apologies to Forrest Gump- winter in New England is like a box of chocolates- you never know what you are going to get.

Two winters ago we were nailed with 1-2 storms every week from Christmas through mid-February. This past winter, the only school cancellation we had was due to a snowstorm on Halloween.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: