Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #46
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Loved your comment about staying in the toaster! I have never heard that one before!!!

Thanks for the cupcake pictures.

I love the EWP. The music is so BOUNCY!

Pop looks cool at night. I know what you mean about the toilets flushing. The couple of times I stayed at values, I didn't hear noise from outside the door, but I could hear our neighbors in the bathroom.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #47
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I love those early morning strolls too! Never really thought about it but at the values it is a must for me- I am up very early and NEED my coffee, and the theming is so amazing- so much to look at!

I don't do the early morning stroll at the Beach Club because I just make the coffee in the room and then head out to the balcony.

I am so glad that Guest Services helped you out so quickly! My DH left his KTTW card at a FP machine in MK once and the Guest Service CMs at Town Hall/Main Street were awesome!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #48
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

We've been to CRT and thought the same as you - the food is okay - you are paying for the atmosphere. And don't feel bad about crying at the rope drop show, I always do. And then again when I see the castle. And again at the fireworks. lol

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 11-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #49
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Wow! Can't believe how tall Sweetie is! She is as tall at the Princesses!

I've never done breakfast in the castle, either. And with two boys, I don't see it happening any time soon. But the crepes looked rich and yummy!!!

Not a bad start to your trip!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #50
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Loved your comment about staying in the toaster! I have never heard that one before!!!

Thanks for the cupcake pictures.

I love the EWP. The music is so BOUNCY!

Pop looks cool at night. I know what you mean about the toilets flushing. The couple of times I stayed at values, I didn't hear noise from outside the door, but I could hear our neighbors in the bathroom.
I really want to stay there, but then I think of not being at the Beach Club. . . I love the EWP, as well. It was really the first time we've stayed a while for it.

I was thankful I didn't hear people in the halls. I've slept worse, but the toilets flushing were a little annoying.

Quote:
I love those early morning strolls too! Never really thought about it but at the values it is a must for me- I am up very early and NEED my coffee, and the theming is so amazing- so much to look at!

I don't do the early morning stroll at the Beach Club because I just make the coffee in the room and then head out to the balcony.

I am so glad that Guest Services helped you out so quickly! My DH left his KTTW card at a FP machine in MK once and the Guest Service CMs at Town Hall/Main Street were awesome!
We still went downstairs for coffee at the Beach Club and sat on the balcony. I also liked going downstairs, getting coffee there, and sitting in the solarium. Which, I suppose I would not be able to do right now. Isn't the fitness club in there right now?

I have had nothing but good luck with the CMs at MK. I'm thinking of going back next Christmas, even if it's just me and the girls and if I do, I'll upgrade my tickets there to APs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
We've been to CRT and thought the same as you - the food is okay - you are paying for the atmosphere. And don't feel bad about crying at the rope drop show, I always do. And then again when I see the castle. And again at the fireworks. lol
I think the price would have hit me more if I had not been using credits.

I tend to get teary-eyed a lot at Disney as well.

Quote:
Wow! Can't believe how tall Sweetie is! She is as tall at the Princesses!

I've never done breakfast in the castle, either. And with two boys, I don't see it happening any time soon. But the crepes looked rich and yummy!!!

Not a bad start to your trip!
Yeah, I don't see your boys going for it, Dee, but we should really do a meal there just for the YC/BC thread ladies. . .

You've been on fire responding tonight, Dee!

Old 11-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #51
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
We still went downstairs for coffee at the Beach Club and sat on the balcony. I also liked going downstairs, getting coffee there, and sitting in the solarium. Which, I suppose I would not be able to do right now. Isn't the fitness club in there right now?

Yeah, I don't see your boys going for it, Dee, but we should really do a meal there just for the YC/BC thread ladies. . .

You've been on fire responding tonight, Dee!
Teena posted yesterday that the Ship Shape Health Spa is OPEN! I asked if that meant the Solarium is back to its original glory, but she may not have seen my question.

A YC/BC pal trip would be awesome!

I am trying to catch up everywhere. I had a really busy October and November, but the event I was running for the school was last Saturday, so holidays withstanding, I'll try to keep pace.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #52
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

Glad you came back to finish this TR. Enjoying your photos!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #53
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
Teena posted yesterday that the Ship Shape Health Spa is OPEN! I asked if that meant the Solarium is back to its original glory, but she may not have seen my question.

A YC/BC pal trip would be awesome!

I am trying to catch up everywhere. I had a really busy October and November, but the event I was running for the school was last Saturday, so holidays withstanding, I'll try to keep pace.
Hey, I haven't kept any pace, so don't feel bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzasmd View Post
Glad you came back to finish this TR. Enjoying your photos!
Oh, thank you!

Old 11-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #54
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

This is a STANDARD View

For those of you familiar with Coronado Springs, there are basically two types of view: standard and water view. As we headed to the front desk, we were informed we were in room 8222. We used the directions from the resort (mistake always) and went through a tour of all of building 8A.

The rooms at CSR are really beautiful, by the way. . .

Only downfall--one sink. Two ladies.

And the reason for the title. Seriously--this is a STANDARD view?

We walked out to this every morning.

The room was in the perfect location--walked out 10 steps and we were at the bus stop.

Mickey ready for us when we got there.

Dinner that night was at Narcoossee's. I was so excited Sweetie would get to experience this.

A little lobby music.

Our server got a great picture of us

Fabulous bread

Yummy butter with salt

Sweetie's crab cakes

My mussels Delicious

Sweetie's melt-in-your mouth filet

Whole Maine lobster

Sweetie's flourless chocolate cake

My pecan tart

Sweetie and dessert

Dinner was delicious, and we had to be basically rolled to the monorail for some time at the Magic Kingdom. Coming up. . .the new Dumbo and Wishes.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #55
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Oh I can't wait for Narcoossee's (I can never spell that correctly)! That food looks delicious.

Love that Belle asked about the dishes
Old 11-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #56
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
Oh I can't wait for Narcoossee's (I can never spell that correctly)! That food looks delicious.

Love that Belle asked about the dishes
That was a great meal, but not the best of the week.

Belle was so sweet. She is Sweetie's favorite.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #57
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sorry breakfast in the castle wasn't terrific. But, it sounds like Naroosee's more than made up for it! Everything looks delicious!! And that view from the room is so pretty.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #58
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Love the CSR pictures! I hope that we get a good view when we go in a few weeks. Isn't Narcoossee's great? We had our wedding reception there, it is so beautiful.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 12-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #59
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Sorry breakfast in the castle wasn't terrific. But, it sounds like Naroosee's more than made up for it! Everything looks delicious!! And that view from the room is so pretty.
Narcoossee's was awesome! And the view was, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Love the CSR pictures! I hope that we get a good view when we go in a few weeks. Isn't Narcoossee's great? We had our wedding reception there, it is so beautiful.
Oh, wow. I can't imagine a wedding reception there!

Request top floor, Cabanas. That's what I did.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #60
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

The New Dumbo and Wishes

The first day came and went quickly. Sweetie and I left dinner oh-so-full and headed over to the Magic Kingdom.

It never gets old looking at this

Hmmm. . .Should we ride after a huge meal?

With a wait time like that, of course!

Over to Storybook Circus

No dancing on Dumbo? Well, drats.

Now THAT'S a sunset

They were testing the 2nd Dumbo at the time.

Man, the PeopleMover too? We can't dance anywhere, can we?!?

Refreshment, with coffee.

Magic, Memories, and Teary-eyed me!

How I wish I could hug you, Walt.

Apparently dancing on It's a Small World may induce the Walt Disney Travel Company to stick you in the ride. Where you listen to that song forever.

And ever

And ever. . . .

Why, I hear it now.

Seriously?!?

Creepy clowns aside, I do like this effect

Le Sigh

Love this one!

Leaving for the night!

I love Magic Kingdom, but not half as much as I love the next spot on our trip. . .Coming up. . .That Big Golf Ball in the Sky

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: