Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
jkjs
Mouseketeer

Sportclips vs SuperCuts

My son wants longer hair but right now his "style" it is a complete mess. We usually go to SuperCuts but they generally don't have any ideas, they just do what you tell them to do.

Does Sportclips offer suggestions?
jkjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjs View Post
My son wants longer hair but right now his "style" it is a complete mess. We usually go to SuperCuts but they generally don't have any ideas, they just do what you tell them to do.

Does Sportclips offer suggestions?
Not really. They basically do what my son tells him to. If you're looking for a new style, you might want to try a salon until he gets what he wants.

My DS18 goes regularly to SportClips -- I think it's expensive ($17 minimum) for what you get (basically, it's Hooters meets SuperCuts).

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

I think it depends on the experience/expertise of the stylist you end up with. I have taken my boys to Sports Clips many times and it really varies in regards to suggestions (my youngest has terrible cowlicks in the front so I am constantly asking for tips..to date I rarely get more than a shrug or "I have no idea") and you can tell the more experienced one can offer suggestions.
Coconut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

DH has been to both. He has problems with "wings" shortly after he gets a cut. The girl who cut his hair at SportClips shrugged her shoulders and said, "If you have problems, come back and we'll try to fix it."

He decided next time he will go back to SuperCuts because the quality of the cut was the same there for less money.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
GJM
DIS Veteran

My DS 12 use to go to Sports Clips - there was 1 girl that really took her time cutting his hair and talking to him. The others would zip thru it and not even talk to him. Then the hair cut started costing $17. I was not paying that much, they didn't wash his hair and spent about 10 minutes.

We have a Great Clips by us and we go there - they are so nice, take their time, plus it is only $13 and it looks more styled.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #6
ShootingStarMom2
DIS Veteran

We used to go to Sport Clips but their prices are crazy and the stylists really don't care (or at least the ones we've had). When I asked them to give my boys a 'classic boys short haircut' they had no idea what I was talking about. Now we just go to Great Clips and use the Sport Clips coupon.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #7
GJM
DIS Veteran

I didn't know I could use a Sports Clips coupon at Great Clips - Thank you for that info, I will have to remember that.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #8
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

SportClips... ....just sayin'

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #9
sbell111
I don't care if people walk slowly, as long as they are willing to do it behind me
Our roomba locked itself in the laundry room not too long ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs View Post
My DS18 goes regularly to SportClips -- I think it's expensive ($17 minimum) for what you get (basically, it's Hooters meets SuperCuts).
Other than the fact that both businesses are likely to have ESPN on the TV, 'm not seeing the connection.
sbell111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #10
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbell111 View Post
Other than the fact that both businesses are likely to have ESPN on the TV, 'm not seeing the connection.
Me either..The stylists at the ones we go to are generally dressed like referees..black pants and a "ref" style shirt (often a polo style shirt). I don't get the Hooters connection at all?
Old 06-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #11
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut36 View Post
Me either..The stylists at the ones we go to are generally dressed like referees..black pants and a "ref" style shirt (often a polo style shirt). I don't get the Hooters connection at all?
There are quite a few different official SportClips uniforms that can be ordered for stylists. It's up to what the individual stores/managers dictate they want the stylists to wear. Some want them to wear the same thing each day of the week. Some stores let the stylists choose and there are some pretty tight fitting blingy shirts and pants to choose from. I can see how if not monitored someone may have been to stores where these uniforms are worn. Combined with some of the stylists choices of style, I do get the Hooters connection comment, but probably not seen in the majority of the stores.

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #12
chiefmickeymouse
DIS Veteran

I went to Sportclips today with DH. Very Un-Hootery. He likes it so I guess it's worth the few extra bucks. It's all about the stylist anyway, no matter where you go.
chiefmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #13
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
There are quite a few different official SportClips uniforms that can be ordered for stylists. It's up to what the individual stores/managers dictate they want the stylists to wear. Some want them to wear the same thing each day of the week. Some stores let the stylists choose and there are some pretty tight fitting blingy shirts and pants to choose from. I can see how if not monitored someone may have been to stores where these uniforms are worn. Combined with some of the stylists choices of style, I do get the Hooters connection comment, but probably not seen in the majority of the stores.
You work for them I assume?

I have been to 2 of them here..none of them have ever seemed remotely "Hooters" like in their dress. All have been black pants and ref style polo shirts or once on a dress down day they all had on various team shirts/jerseys or something like that. I guess for some of us there is no Hooters connection as the ones we have visited/used do not allow their workers to dress in that manner.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #14
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

No offense...neither.

I am a stylist. When you go to those places it's hit or miss. You usually either get someone who's wet behind the ears who's working there to get "experience", or you get some older person who's basically given up on making their career anything more than a $10 an hour job. You should get referrals from friends, family, and co-workers as to where they go. A person that works at a decent place is usually more open to giving suggestions and making his hair work because they care if you come back. Avoid places that are open on Sundays. Those people hate their jobs and curse you as soon as you walk in the door. You can usually find well priced places that aren't "corporate machines" that will do an awesome job. You might just find a stylist for life!!
mad madam mim78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #15
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad madam mim78 View Post
I am a stylist. When you go to those places it's hit or miss. You usually either get someone who's wet behind the ears who's working there to get "experience", or you get some older person who's basically given up on making their career anything more than a $10 an hour job. You should get referrals from friends, family, and co-workers as to where they go. A person that works at a decent place is usually more open to giving suggestions and making his hair work because they care if you come back. Avoid places that are open on Sundays. Those people hate their jobs and curse you as soon as you walk in the door. You can usually find well priced places that aren't "corporate machines" that will do an awesome job. You might just find a stylist for life!!
Supercuts is like the no frills of haircut places- I'm not even sure the people that work there actually have any training in hair cutting whatsoever!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: