Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #721
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Hi queen! Glad to see you back ! Great updates!
Yay for booking your trip!!! We are thinking about the same time!!! That would
Be awesome to meet up in Disney!

Debbie
Old 01-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #722
PrincessAmongPrinces
Mouseketeer

Hi! Welcome back Great updates! I cannot believe that a father actually knocked over a woman with his stroller! And didn't even have the humanity to say sorry or be ashamed of himself! And saying such nasty words to you... Oh man. Crowds really do bring out the worst in some people!

Glad you have another trip booked! We will be there the same time! I'm so excited to see it all done up for Christmas. Looking forward to your PTR!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #723
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Sorry I'm just an innocent gentleman from the East Coast, what would the two words the guy with the stroller said to you? I can't figure them out.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 01-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #724
jash08
Mouseketeer

Wow

Some people are just crazy!

That reminds me of the first time my husband and I went to Disney together. We were standing on the curb on Main Street deciding what we wanted to do first. This little boy of about 5 comes running down the sidewalk and runs head first at full speed into my husband. My husband is a big man, so other than hurting his knee, he didn't budge. Of course the kid bounced off of him like a bouncey ball. My husband reached down quickly to keep the child from falling down and hurting himself. The mother comes running over screaming at the top of her lungs, "STOP TOUCHING MY CHILD! HE IS TRYING TO TOUCH MY CHILD!" My husband just kind of looked at her dumbfounded while I looked at the woman and told her as nicely as I could that if she had bothered to watch her child, it wouldn't have happened. She then decides to start yelling. Before 3 words came out of her mouth, a CM came over and told her she should thank us for helping her child. We just walked away shaking our heads.

2013 Trip Report -- Don't Put Your Hand on Mickey's Hat

2014 Trip Report -- It's Not a Doughnut, But It Will Do!

Old 01-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #725
mbvisitor
Mouseketeer

Yipee! So glad you're back!
I can't believe how crazy some people are!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #726
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Here I am .... finally LOL. I have missed you and hope you have an amazing trip
It's great to hear from you again, glad all is well! Also, thank you for the good wishes~we leave tomorrow at noon!

Going back to read your update now! Take care and talk to you again soon!

Carla

Old 01-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #727
Joan S.
DIS Veteran
Needs to 'fess up to DH about the next WDW trip!

Hi, I am SO ENJOYING your trip report!! But when I read your latest post I had to go back and check the dates of your trip. You see my DD and I were in MK that night also!! That was THE MOST CROWDED I have EVER seen the MK for the parade and fireworks.(and we have been visiting WDW for the past 25 years!) My DD and I were trying to get thru the hub crowd and down Main Street to leave the park and there was only an area for one person to walk thru at a time! My DD held on to me for dear life and she is 28. At one point I started having a severe pain in my leg and I just could not walk. When I tried to rest up against a rail for a few minutes a CM said I had to move. Well my DD spoke up and said my Mom has to rest she is in pain! The CM was very concerned and offered to call a medic for me. (how they would have gotten thru THAT crowd was beyond me) I said no just let me lean for a few minutes and then I should be okay. The CM told me take my time,she was very nice and quite concerned. I rested for about 10 mins,thanked her and we continued on our way. right out of the park. But that was the SCARIEST crowd I have ever seen in the MK. And I have been in MK on 4th of July and Thanksgiving!! (Both during the day, not at night) Joan
Old 01-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #728
KatMark
DIS Veteran

It continues to amaze me how rude and ignorant some people can be.

We learned after going to the MK on 4th of July back in 2004, never to go on a holiday itself (or that weekend for that matter) again.

Love the photos and update (except for the rude people).

RIP Genie
Old 01-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #729
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Well, I have to say that I'm relieved that it wasn't you that got brutalized with the stroller, but WOW! Just Wow. I guess I'll never stop being surprised at how rude people can be.

We are never among the first to the parade route, so Bryan always moves as far back as he can and puts Mads on his shoulders. On this last trip we were shocked and pleased that people offered to let Maddie sit up front with their children. While it is amazingly sweet for people to offer, we'd never expect it to happen!

Not only were people were hitting each other with strollers, they were doing it with their children strapped to them???? What is this world coming to if we can't be happy in the Magic Freaking Kingdom?????? So very, very sad.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:59 AM   #730
burly
DIS Veteran

Hi Queen, welcome back, we have missed you, but i completely understand about checking out for a bit....
ya know some people.....
I guess the silver lining is that those people do not see the magic of the place and perhaps they will not return to our happy place...

Glad to see/read you back....

KIM
Old 01-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #731
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Oh. my. goodness. I can't believe (actually I probably can) the man with the stroller or the mom at the parade. Maybe they'd been at the parks all day, and they were hot and tired.....Maybe.....

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 01-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #732
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

So glad to see you are back & updating! I have been missing this TR!

Okay, WOW, that is some crazy stuff! Luckily, the few times we have watched the nighttime parade, we haven't witnessed anything so crazy. But then someone smashing into people with a stroller?!? That is just loony!! I don't get how people don't understand that at the end of the night, we are all trying to get to the same place. Injuring other people is not necessary!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 01-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #733
TinkyCheeks
Mouseketeer

That's awful that that man acted like that! I guess he missed his pixie dust that morning. I don't understand how anyone, an adult no less, could act like. Everyone wants out of those crowds, not just him. Very cool that you and your daughter were able to laugh instead of really letting it get to you. That can be hard sometimes!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #734
iixheartxyouxox
Mouseketeer

Wow, people like that make me so mad! I am glad you are back to updating! I hope you enjoyed the holidays I took a break from my TR also and finally did an update a few weeks ago and it felt so good lol. I look forward to more!!

WDW: April 2002. Jan 2009. Aug 2009. Aug 2010. Jan 2011. May 2012 TR May 2013. Feb 2014!
Magical Day Weddings Mentor for Ceremonies at the Wedding Pavilion!
Planning a May 2015 Disney Fairytale Wedding <3
Old 01-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #735
MEK
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! for booking your next trip!

Shan's top is so cute!

Bacon on a cupcake? Now I've seen everything! :faint;

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: