Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #691
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Yay! I got back from the World today; watching Star Wars with the hubby and catching up on your TR!
After hitting Food And Wine I definitely think Star Wars weekend is next on my list. Looks like a blast.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #692
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

All caught up! I'm so glad I didn't fall too far behind on this one, but it looks like there was still a lot to miss. You guys just have way too much fun down in the World! haha Can't wait to read more!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #693
ellajeansmom
Mouseketeer

Thanks Lara

I have to give credit where credit is due and that's to you my friend. It was when I was reading your TR that it dawned on my that we could go at the beginning of December. Not sure how University breaks work for Ontario but here they usually have about a month off before they go back, depending on their courses.

I loved the pics of you all with the decorations and your holiday attire....you inspired me to make this trip work so thank you

Well I'm thrilled we could provide inspiration for you

You do look a little red after your morning at the pool but it doesn't seem to have slowed you down too much!

Fun morning at MK - will have to try the People Mover in Feb, seems like a good ride to relax on after running the PHM

Hope things are well with you
Old 12-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #694
PlutosRHM55

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Just stopping by to wish you a merry Christmas!

Old 12-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #695
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Wishing you the best for the New Year!
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
Old 12-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #696
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Hey girl! Hope you had a great Christmas, here to wish you all the best for the new year!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #697
PlutosRHM55

To hoping 2013 is a wonderful year and brings many more magical moments (and Disney trips)!

Old 01-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #698
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

We are missing you Queen! Hope you and Shan enjoyed your holidays, and you will {hopefully!} be back with another update soon!!

Carla

Old 01-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #699
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Can you ever forgive me? I have been away from the Dis for 2 and a half months and all I can say is I just needed a break from it. Unfortunately, I had let it consume my life and between that and work I needed to walk away and put things in perspective. I love my new role which I have been at a year now, however, I wasn't prepared for all the extra hours at year end. I was so exhausted when I would get home that the last thing I wanted to do was sit in front of a computer!

I have missed you all terribly but if I hadn't have taken a break, I'm not sure that I would have ever finished this TR! But here I am and considering we have officially booked our next trip, I have to finish this one to start a brand new PTR! Now, having said that, the new PTR will not begin until this one is complete....

As I'm writing this, I'm not even sure how many people will be reading it, but I know I have a few great Dis friends that will still read and I'm not one to not finish something so here goes.....

I left off with us being at the MK and it was just about lunch time and we decided instead of heading back to the hotel that we would grab a bite at one of the TS restaurants here! We weren't finished wandering around so we talked and walked....

As we wandered around it was hotter than you-know-what so we decided we should maybe pop into a place where we knew it would be nice and cool.....

Love this ride, always have always will....it brings back the memories of our very first trip when Shanleigh had a meltdown because she thought they were real and that they were firing at us....makes me laugh just thinking about it!

After a cool down we decided we knew exactly where we would be going for lunch ... a place we have missed on our last few trips....

I think by now you have guessed where we are.....

The veranda at Tony's! I really wanted to get a seat inside but all they had were the outside seats and considering they are covered we decided just being out of the sun would be good enough!

Everytime I look at this picture of Shan it reminds me of how hot it was that day.....

Once again, we should have shared something but we were both in the mood for completely different things so I had the sliders which were delicious but I only ate one and a bit of another and I was full!

Shan loved her dish, she could eat fish and shellfish til the cows came home so she made quick work of this!

Once we were done we both decided that since we hadn't been on the train yet this trip that we would take a loop around the park

One of my dream hotels that I hope one day to stay at....

a view of the other passengers

My girl inside the tunnel...I knew at this point we were both done and that we would be heading to the bus as soon as we got off! We didn't have to wait for the bus so we were back at Pop in no time flat.

We went in to fill up our mugs before heading up to our room and Shanleigh spotted this....which she just had to have! She tells me it's the best dessert on property...what is it you ask....let me tell you! It's a chocolate cupcake with banana cream filling, topped with peanut butter frosting and candied bacon. She wasn't sure about the bacon but the young man behind the counter assured her it was delicious so she thought she'd give it a try! SHE LOVED IT!!!! Really, it's bacon, what's not to love!

I have to run out and pick up my little darling from work, grab some groceries, watch the Winnipeg Jets vs Ottawa Senators play this afternoon, then home! I am so happy hockey has started again

My next update will reveal where the title of this TR came from......

Old 01-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #700
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Fun update. You guys do look hot, but lunch looks yummy.

Trying to figure out your dates for your trip and I think we miss you by a week in December.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #701
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Wow! That's awesome. Tell her "Way to go!" for me.
I sure did! Her last paper she received 100% so we were very proud of her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDisneyMom View Post
Great job, Shanleigh! I'm sure she will continue to do great in school, very impressive!

Yes! I would love to see a picture of the cake you made...I cannot bake to save my life!

Too funny her own coworkers asked her where she got her shirt from...haha.

She finishes her first semester next month and so far everything is A+ so hopefully she continues to do as well as she has been!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
Yay! I got back from the World today; watching Star Wars with the hubby and catching up on your TR!
After hitting Food And Wine I definitely think Star Wars weekend is next on my list. Looks like a blast.
Hey girl! I'm sure you have a new TR that I have to find and catch up on! Today tho I will be watching my Jets play but I promise I'll find it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
All caught up! I'm so glad I didn't fall too far behind on this one, but it looks like there was still a lot to miss. You guys just have way too much fun down in the World! haha Can't wait to read more!
We can't wait for our next trip even though it's 11 months away but hey, all the more time to plan, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
Thanks Lara

I have to give credit where credit is due and that's to you my friend. It was when I was reading your TR that it dawned on my that we could go at the beginning of December. Not sure how University breaks work for Ontario but here they usually have about a month off before they go back, depending on their courses.

I loved the pics of you all with the decorations and your holiday attire....you inspired me to make this trip work so thank you

Well I'm thrilled we could provide inspiration for you

You do look a little red after your morning at the pool but it doesn't seem to have slowed you down too much!

Fun morning at MK - will have to try the People Mover in Feb, seems like a good ride to relax on after running the PHM

Hope things are well with you
We are in the early planning stages and get more and more excited everytime we finish up a day! I hope you are all well and that you had a great holiday season!
Quote:
Just stopping by to wish you a merry Christmas!

Thanks hon....hope you all had a great time as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Wishing you the best for the New Year!
Thank you so very much my dear friend and again, thank you for the beautiful gift you sent us
Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Hey girl! Hope you had a great Christmas, here to wish you all the best for the new year!
Hey doll! I have to catch up on all my threads so I promise over the next week to catch up on yours!
Quote:
To hoping 2013 is a wonderful year and brings many more magical moments (and Disney trips)!

Thanks Hon! You too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PISCESANGEL View Post
We are missing you Queen! Hope you and Shan enjoyed your holidays, and you will {hopefully!} be back with another update soon!!

Carla

Here I am .... finally LOL. I have missed you and hope you have an amazing trip
Old 01-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #702
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Hey!!! So glad to see you back! I completely understand. I do that once and a while to, just check out from everything I usually keep up with online. Understandable!
I love Pirates, but I had a similar breakdown on Peter Pan on my first trip when I thought the crocodile was actually going to eat Captain Hook.
Your sliders look yummy!!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #703
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Fun update. You guys do look hot, but lunch looks yummy.

Trying to figure out your dates for your trip and I think we miss you by a week in December.

Hi Kathy!!!!!

It really was yummy!

We leave here on Dec 7 and fly home Dec 21.....please tell me we don't miss each another again
Old 01-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #704
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Hi Kathy!!!!!

It really was yummy!

We leave here on Dec 7 and fly home Dec 21.....please tell me we don't miss each another again
We arrive December 3 and depart on December 8. I'm not sure of the time yet as I haven't booked the airlines. I'm hoping for a 5:00 p.m. flight so that we can go to Epcot on Sunday until 1 p.m.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #705
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Hey!!! So glad to see you back! I completely understand. I do that once and a while to, just check out from everything I usually keep up with online. Understandable!
I love Pirates, but I had a similar breakdown on Peter Pan on my first trip when I thought the crocodile was actually going to eat Captain Hook.
Your sliders look yummy!!

Thank you so much for understanding!

I can see that! Our first trip there were a lot of tears as she had a lot of fears of loud noises etc but one thing she was never afraid of was the characters, even the scary ones....too funny!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: