Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #676
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Beautiful day! Can't believe the lack of crowds.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #677
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Not gonna lie to you guys, it was a post or putting my tree up! You guys won out!
Agh, you've got a month (at least) before the tree has to be up, but we need our TR fix right now.

Quote:
I need to buy new lights this year and I really don't feel like shopping today,
Wait a second. First you walk right past without stopping for a GGS, then you don't feel like shopping?

Who are you really? And what have you done with the real Jacquie???

Quote:
I don't think there is any better way to start off a day with a little singing and dancing!! I know you all agree with me
As long as it's not me that has to do the dancing.

Quote:
As you can see from the clock we didn't quite make rope drop....again
Well, when you compare it to the age of the universe... you're pretty much right on time.

Quote:
....and those who know me well know I never pass up a PP opportunity in front of my beloved castle....just gorgeous!!!
You're right! Absolutely gorgeous!

And the castle in the background is nice too. (Glad to see you're still referring to it as 'your' castle... and I posted the pic to prove it not that long ago.)

Quote:
the only thing that would make it better, a grey goose slushei
Oh, there you are Jacquie.

Quote:
After we had a good belly laugh Shanleigh can never pass up a ride on The Peoplemover and you all know what we do when we're on there....the foot picture!
Gotta get that shot. Which makes me wonder something.

I know you guys get your pedis before the trip in preparation for sandal wear... but there's got to be at least a small part of you that thinks, "And we better get done 'cause you know we're going to take the foot picture."

Quote:

She contemplated buying these but I did have to remind her that eventually they give her a headache bad enough that we need to head back to the hotel so she put them back!
She should have bought them anyway! Loosen the band a little... don't wear 'em too long... whatever. I like 'em.

Quote:
The gardens are nothing less than spectacular and we were chatting about how many people run from here to there and probably never notice just how beautiful their surroundings are
You are so right. One of my fave memories is when we stumbled upon DiVine at AK. We saw a bunch of people standing around looking at "nothing" so we stopped too. Of course after a few seconds we spotted her... but so many people rushed by and never even noticed her.

Quote:
Tiana said, in a very southern accent, "who dat"....we lost it! Howled with laughter!
I looked at the picture first and wondered, "What is she doing?" As soon as you said "who dat", it was a perfect fit.

Quote:
We were starting to get a little hungry so we decided a TS might be the way to go today and we lucked in with a walk up!!! Stay tuned......
Staying tuned. Thanks for the chapter!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #678
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What a lovely update, Queen.

I just love seeing that castle, and the pictures of you and Jasmine in front of the castle are wonderful (love her shirt too).

Glad you remembered the "foot picture" on the People Mover.
Thanks Kathy!

You and me both girl! Isn't it cute? She bought it at Winners (your TJ Maxx) Can't forget the foot picture....ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Nice pictures. Will there be more soon?
Yes, I promise....I really really do! I see that your countdown is coming right along too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Great update

I love the pics of you and Shan. You both look beautiful and so happy

The expression on Tiana's face is priceless! She looks like one fun princess
Thanks Dawn!

You are too kind,..thank you so much She was hilarious! I said to Shanleigh, now there's a princess with attitude, gave her a wave and we were off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Beautiful day! Can't believe the lack of crowds.
The crowds were definitely on our side with this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Agh, you've got a month (at least) before the tree has to be up, but we need our TR fix right now.

No, no I don't. It must be up no later than next Sunday...it's my thing I just love putting on the fire and only having the tree lit...it just makes me happy. People call me freaky and make fun of me but I'm ok with that.

Wait a second. First you walk right past without stopping for a GGS, then you don't feel like shopping?

Who are you really? And what have you done with the real Jacquie???

Something is not right in the universe when those two things happen! She's around here somewhere, probably dusting off the Christmas orgnaments to get the decorating started

As long as it's not me that has to do the dancing.

Remember the 'ol sayin....dance like no ones watchin

Well, when you compare it to the age of the universe... you're pretty much right on time.

You're right! Absolutely gorgeous!

And the castle in the background is nice too. (Glad to see you're still referring to it as 'your' castle... and I posted the pic to prove it not that long ago.)

yes....I do have proof thanks to you that it's my castle....I will keep that forever on the off chance someone tries to challenge it!

Oh, there you are Jacquie.

Yup...back...nothing to fear!
Gotta get that shot. Which makes me wonder something.

I know you guys get your pedis before the trip in preparation for sandal wear... but there's got to be at least a small part of you that thinks, "And we better get done 'cause you know we're going to take the foot picture."

You found out our secret! You have to have great looking tootsie's for the Peoplemover....I'll make sure Ruby and the girls know about this before your next trip

She should have bought them anyway! Loosen the band a little... don't wear 'em too long... whatever. I like 'em.

She agrees with you and kicks herself that she didn't get at least one!

You are so right. One of my fave memories is when we stumbled upon DiVine at AK. We saw a bunch of people standing around looking at "nothing" so we stopped too. Of course after a few seconds we spotted her... but so many people rushed by and never even noticed her.

I always find it funny when first timers come back and I ask them questions and they look at me like I have rocks in my head. Makes me cringe when they said "oh there was no time for that"...isn't that what vacation is all about?

I looked at the picture first and wondered, "What is she doing?" As soon as you said "who dat", it was a perfect fit.

It was one of those laugh out loud moments that made you laugh out loud hours later....priceless!

Staying tuned. Thanks for the chapter!

I promise it will be done before next weekend!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #679
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Happy Birthday to both of you!! I hope you had some wonderful celebrations!

Oh my good lord, a coffee margarita?!?!
That is something I NEED in my life!!!!

Argh sunburn is the worst! Especially when you have to walk around in the sun after you get it, eeek!

Thank you so much! We had a great time yesterday at my sisters! It was wonderful!

I need it in my life too...too bad I've only ever seen it in Epcot I can't wait for our next trip cause that's definitely on the list of things to drink!

So true....it burns so much even tho you have sunscreen on! We'll be more careful next time that's for sure
Old 11-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #680
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Ha... Have to admit... the tree went up this weekend!!
I'm nuts, I know..... Usually the tree goes up the 2nd weekend of November but I bought a new tree this year so of course, I need to make sure it fits and the lights work etc...... lol.... next weekend the decorations go up!!
Love the updates!!! We are starting to think of plans for a trip next December...!! looking at POLFQ!! just for the two of us!!

Hey.... can you ask Shan do do favor for me? I'm looking for Victoria Beckham
perfume at Winners! If she see's it come in .... let me know!!!

Debbie
Old 11-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #681
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleblanket View Post

Debbie
If she sees Victoria Beckham come in... let me know!!!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 11-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #682
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Great update!

Yay for more vacation!

Glad Shanleigh took a night off from studying to enjoy her birthday. How is she liking the University?

Sounds like a great night of celebrating your birthday with family and surprises!

MK is my favorite park...just something about that feeling on Main St! Loveeeeee the pics of you and Shanleigh in front of the castle, just beautiful! Love her shirt in the pic too....looks like a coral color, very pretty.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:24 AM   #683
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

What a lovely MK morning! It's my favorite park, and I could happily spend at least a few hours there every day.

Great photos of the two of you--love your shirt!

Happy belated birthday to both of you lovely ladies. I hope that they were filled with laughter and love.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #684
MEK
DIS Veteran

Princess T....."who dat?" Oh my.

Love the update. That's a great shot that you took of the castle. Nice composition.

I love your Canadian T. That's really cute.

Love the People Mover. After missing it all together on my last few trips, I finally rode it in October. Yeah!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #685
amazingact21
Upendi

Sounds like a very nice MK morning. There's nothing quite like Main Street.

The gardens in the park really are so pretty, and they make the castle look even greater. It is shameful to see families rushing from one land to the other, never slowing down to take in all the little details.

Your PP pictures in front of the castle are great!

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 11-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #686
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Oooooh I LOVE your True North Strong and Free t-shirt!!
Great morning at MK! I love the PP pictures in front of the castle. Definitely a fantastic way to start a day.
Some day I want to meet Tiana because she sounds so interesting in every report I've heard about her.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #687
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

Happy Belated Birthday to you and Shanleigh~I'm so sorry I missed you both!

The MK update was wonderful though, you both just looked so happy and content. I agree WS is my favorite but Main Street, USA definitely holds a special place in my heart too.

Thanks for choosing us instead of the Christmas tree this time- looking forward to more!!!

Carla

Old 11-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #688
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleblanket View Post
Ha... Have to admit... the tree went up this weekend!!
I'm nuts, I know..... Usually the tree goes up the 2nd weekend of November but I bought a new tree this year so of course, I need to make sure it fits and the lights work etc...... lol.... next weekend the decorations go up!!
Love the updates!!! We are starting to think of plans for a trip next December...!! looking at POLFQ!! just for the two of us!!

Debbie
We put ours up on Saturday during the snowstorm...it was perfect when we had all the lights off and the front blinds open watching the snow fall...bring on the season!

Hey, I wonder if we'll end up there at the same time next December

Shan said they've never had it but she will keep her eyes open and let you know if any comes in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
If she sees Victoria Beckham come in... let me know!!!
She's on it....she'll let you know ASAP!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDisneyMom View Post
Great update!

Yay for more vacation!

Glad Shanleigh took a night off from studying to enjoy her birthday. How is she liking the University?

Sounds like a great night of celebrating your birthday with family and surprises!

MK is my favorite park...just something about that feeling on Main St! Loveeeeee the pics of you and Shanleigh in front of the castle, just beautiful! Love her shirt in the pic too....looks like a coral color, very pretty.
She is loving University....her last paper she got a 98% ... currently she holds the highest mark in the class! I'm just a little proud of her

We had a great time celebrating our birthdays...and I really need to post a picture of the special cake I had made for her!

Isn't that shirt gorgeous. She bought it at Winners (where she works) and I was amazed at how many CM's asked her where she bought it! I do have to say tho, it wasn't the easiest thing to wash with those fringes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
What a lovely MK morning! It's my favorite park, and I could happily spend at least a few hours there every day.

Great photos of the two of you--love your shirt!

Happy belated birthday to both of you lovely ladies. I hope that they were filled with laughter and love.
I'm with ya girl, it's right up there for me too! I love to grab a bench in Liberty Square by the Christmas Shop and just take it all in!

Thank you so much...it was part of the Canadian Olympic line of clothing!

Thanks for the birthday wishes...we had a great few days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Princess T....."who dat?" Oh my.

Love the update. That's a great shot that you took of the castle. Nice composition.

I love your Canadian T. That's really cute.

Love the People Mover. After missing it all together on my last few trips, I finally rode it in October. Yeah!
She made me laugh out loud that's for sure

Coming from you my friend, that's an amazing compliment! Thank you so much\

I bought that shirt a couple of years ago when the 2010 Olympic clothes were out and I just love it!

Glad you made it on this last trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Sounds like a very nice MK morning. There's nothing quite like Main Street.

The gardens in the park really are so pretty, and they make the castle look even greater. It is shameful to see families rushing from one land to the other, never slowing down to take in all the little details.

Your PP pictures in front of the castle are great!
I agree, there is something about walking down that street that is like nothing else in the world!

I feel so bad for people who think they have to try and do everything and see everything and they miss everything around them!

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Oooooh I LOVE your True North Strong and Free t-shirt!!
Great morning at MK! I love the PP pictures in front of the castle. Definitely a fantastic way to start a day.
Some day I want to meet Tiana because she sounds so interesting in every report I've heard about her.
Hey girl....look for it the next time your in The Bay...not sure if they still have them but that's where I got it!

It was a great way to start the day and I've stopped thinking "oh we'll get a picture later" and we never did so now when we think about it we do it!

We've never actually met her but just listening to her ... it's on our list for next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PISCESANGEL View Post
Happy Belated Birthday to you and Shanleigh~I'm so sorry I missed you both!

The MK update was wonderful though, you both just looked so happy and content. I agree WS is my favorite but Main Street, USA definitely holds a special place in my heart too.

Thanks for choosing us instead of the Christmas tree this time- looking forward to more!!!

Carla

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="blue"]Hey there friend! Thank you so much for the b-day wishes!

Yup, completely agree, my two fav places too!

The tree went up this past Saturday during our first snowstorm of the season...one thing off the list!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #689
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
She is loving University....her last paper she got a 98% ... currently she holds the highest mark in the class! I'm just a little proud of her
Wow! That's awesome. Tell her "Way to go!" for me.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:31 AM   #690
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Great job, Shanleigh! I'm sure she will continue to do great in school, very impressive!

Yes! I would love to see a picture of the cake you made...I cannot bake to save my life!

Too funny her own coworkers asked her where she got her shirt from...haha.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: