Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #601
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post

Thanks Dawn....any plans for you guys to be there at the same time??? Wishful thinking on my part maybe?

I wish! Since Dale is a retail manager he can't take vacation from mid-October through January so he'll never get to go at that time of year and now that Caitlin is married our girls trips might be done
Old 10-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #602
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Queen, to answer your post above if we are doing Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party....yes we are. After Todd and Nicki go home, we are going that Sunday night...this is something Andy and Des wanted to do.
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #603
amazingact21
Upendi

Yay for a Holiday WDW trip!!!

That's the best time of the year to visit, in my opinion. And as far as sunbathing goes, you never know. 2011 was freezing but 2012 was warm enough for shorts and t-shirts. So 2013 might be a warm one again.

Love the early December dates, as well. Of course, Dh and I have our trip tentatively planned for the 2nd through the 10th, so of course I like them. I can only imagine how great it would be to have so much time to explore the holiday decorations and the seasonal entertainment.

(By the way, coming from someone who lives in FL, I wouldn't go on a cruise in the middle of hurricane season, either. )

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 10-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #604
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Hey girl! How exciting that you have dates for your next trip!! I'm enjoying your report but mostly lurking because I can never get 5 uninterrupted minutes these days! I just got a few so I thought I'd say hi and let you know I'm still reading along.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
Old 10-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #605
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
I wish! Since Dale is a retail manager he can't take vacation from mid-October through January so he'll never get to go at that time of year and now that Caitlin is married our girls trips might be done
Oh of course! That should have dawned on me....busiest time of the year, I guess it`s important that the manager be in the store I thought of that too and it made me sad for you because I don`t know how many girl`s trips I have left either

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Queen, to answer your post above if we are doing Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party....yes we are. After Todd and Nicki go home, we are going that Sunday night...this is something Andy and Des wanted to do.
Oh great...can`t wait to see your pictures from it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Yay for a Holiday WDW trip!!!

That's the best time of the year to visit, in my opinion. And as far as sunbathing goes, you never know. 2011 was freezing but 2012 was warm enough for shorts and t-shirts. So 2013 might be a warm one again.

Love the early December dates, as well. Of course, Dh and I have our trip tentatively planned for the 2nd through the 10th, so of course I like them. I can only imagine how great it would be to have so much time to explore the holiday decorations and the seasonal entertainment.

(By the way, coming from someone who lives in FL, I wouldn't go on a cruise in the middle of hurricane season, either. )
Good to know....so I`ll check with you about the weather before we head out

For this year....any chance you will be there on those dates say .... in 2013

See, I knew it!! Who would knowingly go on a cruise during hurricane season....did I mention my oldest niece is terrified of cruising after she watched Titanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Hey girl! How exciting that you have dates for your next trip!! I'm enjoying your report but mostly lurking because I can never get 5 uninterrupted minutes these days! I just got a few so I thought I'd say hi and let you know I'm still reading along.
LEANNE!!! I miss you girl! I completely understand how hectic life is Shanleigh thinks of you guys every time to go to the states now...especially when she`s in Ulta. Oh, hang on.......it`s Shan, tell Josie and Lindsey that I said hi and give them hugs from me please!!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #606
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

So I left off with us waiting to head over to watch the parade. Again, we did it because we were there and wanted to take everything in. We found a great spot about an hour before the parade started and I was having a lovely converstion with an older lady and her sister. Their kids with their kids were already sitting on the curb anxiously awaiting the parade to start. We were chit chatting and having a great ol time passing away the minutes until it started when the unthinkable happened. Well, actually, it's not that unthinkable, it's becoming more of the norm here. A woman and her son decided they would just walk in front of everyone and stand there....yup, just stood right in front of this little lady...who does that???. Apparently, this woman. I turned to my new friend and said are you going to tell her to move and she said no, the last time I said something to someone during a parade they threw their coke at me and then dumped their popcorn on me WHAT??? Ok, no worries sweetie I got this one. I don't think I need to go into detail but let me just say, they moved! I felt so bad for this lady and her sister because obviously what happened at the MK wasn't so magical for them. I couldn't let it go, maybe I should have, but it's just not who I am.

With that little piece of business out of the way....on with the parade! Enjoy the pictures...remember I don't know who most people are so I won't write anything because, well, I'll just embarrass myself my saying wrong names or somethign.....

Old 10-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #607
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

What is wrong with people? Throwing coke and popcorn at people for asking you to move during the parade? That's horrible.

Great pics of the parade! I haven't been to Star Wars weekends in like seven years. You make me really want to go.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #608
Geodoc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings

Enjoy the pictures...remember I don't know who most people are so I won't write anything because, well, I'll just embarrass myself my saying wrong names or somethign.....
Ah Queen......the Tall guy with the helmet and cape is Darth Vader......just helping out.........

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 10-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #609
KatMark
DIS Veteran

What the HE DOUBLE HOCKEY STICK was that woman thinking? Because SHE chose not to stake out a spot early, she is going to block someone's view. Um, I don't think so sister. Queen you did the right thing and I'm glad you did. We have become such a selfish society and it really ticks me off.

Your pictures are great of the parade (and I wouldn't know ANY of their names).
Old 10-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #610
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Well, actually, it's not that unthinkable, it's becoming more of the norm here.
Which is pretty sad, isn't it?

Quote:
A woman and her son decided they would just walk in front of everyone and stand there....yup, just stood right in front of this little lady...who does that???.
Did she look like she was oblivious? Or just mean?

Quote:
the last time I said something to someone during a parade they threw their coke at me and then dumped their popcorn on me
I hope they got a nice lifetime ban to go with that!

Quote:
I don't think I need to go into detail but let me just say, they moved!
Note to self: Be very, very nice to Queen.

Quote:
remember I don't know who most people are so I won't write anything because, well, I'll just embarrass myself my saying wrong names or somethign.....
Oh, it's not so hard... here let me help.

1st is Mickey
2nd is Minnie
3rd is Darth Vader
4th is Donald Duck...
... and so on. See? Nothing to it!

(okay, I don't a lot of the rest either. But I did recognize the guy who owns the Mall!)

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 10-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #611
jane2073
DIS Veteran

I think it is awesome that you stood up for your new friend!

The girl in the convertible is Ashley Eckstein. She voices one of characters in the Clone Wars cartoon. More impressive is that she started her own company (Her Universe) that focuses on Geek clothes for girls.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #612
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

I'm so glad you spoke up for that woman and had those people move out of the way. I can't stand when people take advantage of sweet (and especially older) people!

I wouldn't know all of the names of the characters in the parade either. I know my son would think that was the coolest though seeing them all walk down the street

Old 10-16-2012, 01:11 AM   #613
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Hooray for a Christmas trip!!!! I'm dying to see WDW at the holidays. Maybe in 2-3 years...

Great parade pics! I cannot believe that someone would throw food and drink at someone else over parade viewing spots. How awful! I am so glad that you helped make those ladies' trips a little nicer. I wouldn't be able to let go of it either. It's shameful. I'll bet that they had a really nice afternoon with you and Shanleigh though.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:06 AM   #614
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

People can be so rude! We had a several people like that on our recent visit

The parade looks like a lot of fun! Hope you weren't too steamed to enjoy it!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #615
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I am way behind but YAY for a Christmas trip next year! I am a little jealous, but hopefully I'll be able to go next year after Christmas too. My sister got accepted into the College Program again so she'll be down there until August. She's probably going to try to extend which means she'd be there even longer. We'll see! It's been a long time since I've seen the lights too and I miss them.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: