Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #586
lisatav
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post

I also wasn't crazy about sailing the Caribbean in August during hurricane season...who's with me on that one?
Congrats on your next trip! I sailed this past August on a non-disney ship and let me tell you, you made a great decision for not wanting to cruise in August! Our ship ended up being delayed due to a hurricane and we lost two days of our cruise. Christmas time is sure to be a better option!
Old 10-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #587
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Our girls have a lot in common don't they
Girls.....Who said anything about girls---I'm talking about me!

for a new trip! I love DisneyWorld all decorated for Christmas. How exciting to have this trip to look forward to!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #588
married2mm
DIS Veteran

wow-just spent several hours catching up

loved every second

my 2nd dd is also 19 and loves disney too.

we've not had girl trips-but during our vacations, dh and ds have gone off and done their "boy things" and we've explored parks and resorts on our own-precious times
Old 10-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #589
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

A family trip for Christmas sounds wonderful! It is the best time of year to be at Disney!
Old 10-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #590
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Woohoo!! Yay for a new ticker! WDW is always beautiful but especially during the holidays! Can't wait to read all about your plans!
Old 10-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #591
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the Christmas trip next year. As you know, we are going this December for Mark's surprise 60th, and I can't wait to see the lights and decorations for the first time in person.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #592
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
WE'RE GOING TO GO FROM DECEMBER 10-22!!!!!

Quote:
I know it'll be colder and I mentioned that I wasn't sure about suntanning around the pool and she was fine with it!
"Colder".... would you prefer to stay here???

Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 10-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #593
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

YAY! A new trip! So excited for you guys! This looks like it will be a fun trip especially around Christmastime. *anxiously awaits PTR*

Old 10-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #594
mwmom
5th Time Disney Visitor

I love your TR! I enjoyed seeing all of your pics as it inspired me to try some new meals this trip! I will definitely hit WPE and I had thought about canceling our ADR at Le Cellier, but I think I will keep it after seeing your post. Thanks for sharing!

Old 10-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #595
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisatav View Post
Congrats on your next trip! I sailed this past August on a non-disney ship and let me tell you, you made a great decision for not wanting to cruise in August! Our ship ended up being delayed due to a hurricane and we lost two days of our cruise. Christmas time is sure to be a better option!
Thank you so much for telling me that...you just made me feel even better about my decision! We've encountered a few hurricanes and a couple of Tropical storms while there in August... I can't imagine that weather on the open seas I get a little seasick so can you imagine
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Girls.....Who said anything about girls---I'm talking about me!

for a new trip! I love DisneyWorld all decorated for Christmas. How exciting to have this trip to look forward to!
That's hilarious....as soon as I posted that comment I thought to myself, "I bet she meant herself"LOL

Me too Michelle and I just can't wait! I know it's over a year away, but planning is half the fun right

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
wow-just spent several hours catching up

loved every second

my 2nd dd is also 19 and loves disney too.

we've not had girl trips-but during our vacations, dh and ds have gone off and done their "boy things" and we've explored parks and resorts on our own-precious times

[COLOR="blue"Thank you so much and thanks for taking so much time out of your day to catch up! Sometimes it's just fun to do that isn't it?

Precious time is right....I always say you can't buy memories like that!

Thanks again for reading along!][/COLOR]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
A family trip for Christmas sounds wonderful! It is the best time of year to be at Disney!

Thanks Dawn....any plans for you guys to be there at the same time??? Wishful thinking on my part maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDisneyMom View Post
Woohoo!! Yay for a new ticker! WDW is always beautiful but especially during the holidays! Can't wait to read all about your plans!

Hi Hon! I just had to pick that ticker too....it's the thing I'm most excited about seeing when we're there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Congrats on the Christmas trip next year. As you know, we are going this December for Mark's surprise 60th, and I can't wait to see the lights and decorations for the first time in person.
Thanks Kathy! I can't wait for that TR and see all your pictures....are you guys going to the MVMCP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post

Super excited.....

"Colder".... would you prefer to stay here???
LOL...you're right, what the heck was I thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
YAY! A new trip! So excited for you guys! This looks like it will be a fun trip especially around Christmastime. *anxiously awaits PTR*
Thanks Timmy! When is too early to start a PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmom View Post
I love your TR! I enjoyed seeing all of your pics as it inspired me to try some new meals this trip! I will definitely hit WPE and I had thought about canceling our ADR at Le Cellier, but I think I will keep it after seeing your post. Thanks for sharing!

Well aren't you sweet and thank you!

I can't wait to hear how you like them all...will we see a TR from you? Shanleigh said you made a very wise decision to keep your Le Cellier ADR...it is one of her favourites!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #596
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm so excited for your new ticker!!!!

I agree, sailing during hurricane season isn't necessarily ideal, but man is it cheap!

I'm so excited though that you get to go during the holidays with all of the decorations and the lights. I adore seeing the dream lights.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #597
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

That's Awesome!! I'm so excited for you!!!!

Debbie
Old 10-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #598
iixheartxyouxox
Mouseketeer

I'm so excited you guys get to go around christmas time! I've always wanted to go around that time but still haven't had the chance to. I went in the beginning of January several years ago and it was such a tease because some christmas decorations were still up but of course it wasnt the same as before christmas. I'm glad you have a new trip to look forward too!

WDW: April 2002. Jan 2009. Aug 2009. Aug 2010. Jan 2011. May 2012 TR May 2013. Feb 2014!
Magical Day Weddings Mentor for Ceremonies at the Wedding Pavilion!
Planning a May 2015 Disney Fairytale Wedding <3
Old 10-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #599
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

A Christmas Trip! I'm so excited for you guys

I can totally sympathize with Shan trying to find vacation time around school when summer normally means working full time to save for school so yay that you guys found a time period that will work for everyone, and the christmas season is even a bigger bonus!

I can't wait for you to start your PTR and see what y'all have planned

Old 10-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #600
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Yay! I'm so excited for your new ticker!!!!

I agree, sailing during hurricane season isn't necessarily ideal, but man is it cheap!

I'm so excited though that you get to go during the holidays with all of the decorations and the lights. I adore seeing the dream lights.
Thanks so much hon!

Not cheap enough for me to be convinced to go tho

I can't wait to see it all again....it's been far too long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleblanket View Post
That's Awesome!! I'm so excited for you!!!!

Debbie
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iixheartxyouxox View Post
I'm so excited you guys get to go around christmas time! I've always wanted to go around that time but still haven't had the chance to. I went in the beginning of January several years ago and it was such a tease because some christmas decorations were still up but of course it wasnt the same as before christmas. I'm glad you have a new trip to look forward too!

Thanks honey! I can't wait to see it in all the Christmas glory that is WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
A Christmas Trip! I'm so excited for you guys

I can totally sympathize with Shan trying to find vacation time around school when summer normally means working full time to save for school so yay that you guys found a time period that will work for everyone, and the christmas season is even a bigger bonus!

I can't wait for you to start your PTR and see what y'all have planned

Thanks! We are over the moon as I'm sure you can imagine!

When the idea popped into my head we were both so excited! I can't wait to go again at that time of year....I love Christmas, love everything about it! I'm one of those crazy people that puts their tree up at the beginning of November!

I can't wait to start planning it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: