Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #556
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
What a fun update! I keep wanting to get DH and DD to SWW because they both love those movies. Maddie would have gone crazy for Minnie Lea and R2D2 and C3PO!

Loving all the merch pictures. Of all of the SWW recaps I've read in TRs-yours is the one one with merch pics! I was so excited! I think DH and DBro could do tons of damage in there.
I said the same thing to my sister...my BIL would be heaven there! It's just such a bad time of year because here we go to school until the end of June and it's when all the activities start to wrap up with recitals etc so to pull the girls for 2 weeks would probably not be a good thing!

We don't love SW as I said, but man I could have spent money in there, mostly because everything was so unique! Glad you enjoyed seeing the stuff...I figured people who've never been would like to see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMX3 View Post
Just started reading, and enjoying your story!
Thank you so much, glad you're reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Darn laundry!! I can't wait to see more!! I'd love to see Star Wars weekends some time, looks like so much fun!!
Darn laundry is right...and today I thought I would throw a load in before I start this and what greets me in the laundry room....a gigantic spider....not good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Hi Jaquie, I'm back and finally have had a chance to get caught up on your TR.

Holy moly...2 hours for KS! That's a really busy AK day, but other than that it sounds like you guys had a great time.

I have also heard that rumor about FOTLK leaving AK, which I definitely hope is not true as it's always such an amazing show.

We had a fantastic trip, and actually got engaged at Cinderella's Royal Table, Unfortunately I think this means that I will fall extremely behind on the TR's I'm following with all the wedding planning and whatnot, but yours is definitely one that i'm going to try my best to keep up with.

Hope all is well with you guys
You're back .... YAY!!! TR coming?? Let me know if there is!

It was the animals being on the roadways so they had to sit and wait...it happened when we finally got on too! I will be super depressed if FOTLK goes....my fav!!

ENGAGED!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you! Hey, if you're on FB, send me a private message and I'll add you, then when real life gets in the way we can keep in touch there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Great pictures from SWW! It looks like you girls had a lot of fun and what a cute meet and greet with R2D2 and C3PO
Thanks Dawn! I have to get over and start your new TR....why is life so crazy right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to Star Wars, but it looks like you two had a fun morning and enjoyed yourselves. That C3PO and R2 meet and greet sounds wonderful! And what nicer and funnier characters can you meet?

Looking forward to seeing how the rest of your day went at Star Wars Weekend.
Trust me, when the parade started I kept jabbing Shan with "who's that" what movie are they from.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
AWESOME! I don't know why I never thought of it before...but THAT'S how I can get DH to come back to Disney with me! He loves Star Wars. Looks super fun!
Love the pew pew shirt
Smart girl....start on him now! You guys would have a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PISCESANGEL View Post
Whew I'm finally caught up again! Those are some FANTASTIC pics at AK and of Star Wars weekends! Just love the pic of Shan and the Darth Vader poster.

Can't wait to see the rest of your day.
Laundry schmaundry

Carla
Thanks Carla...I know, darn laundry! I love that picture too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
How's the weather?
Well, yesterday I sitting in the dentist chair and it was snowing so hard I couldn't see across the street. Before I got into the dentist chair it was raining, then pelting, then hailing, then full blown snow. By the time I left, the sun was shining and there was no snow on the ground. Only in Winnipeg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleblanket View Post
Hey there! Finally catching up!
Hope you are having a great Thanksgiving Weekend!~

Debbie
We had a great long weekend and trust you guys did too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore04 View Post
I'm here!

I know it's been a while but I'm finally sitting down to catch up and I have to start where I left off...

I wanted to go to Haagen Dazs but no one would stop with me *pout*

What amazing shots of the Gorillas! We skipped the trail but I'm kind of sad we did

AND OMG I'm so jealous you got your picture taken with R2D2 and C3P0!!!

can't wait to see more!

and I feel MUCH better being caught up!

Welcome Home! No one would stop with you...next time come with us...we'll stop with you!

We thought about skipping, ok, wait, I thought about skipping the trail and Shanleigh said no way...so glad we did it!

Isn't that a great picture...Shan has it as her profile pic on FB!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #557
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

One we had out fill of shopping in Darth's Mall ( I loved that) we headed toward the other side of the park to see what was going on over there! I know you'll all be surprised but we didn't ride any rides on this day!

Loved the theming...these were all over the park! It always amazes me how Disney transforms things overnight!

We found ourselves at the Jedi Training Academy....one of our favourite things to do at DHS is watch these little guys! She was a special guest, can't remember her name but I think it started with a P...maybe Padma?? Anyhoo, she was great and according to a little guy beside us, she was from the Clone Wars!

All set to go in their robes....they crack me up, I love how the parents get right into it too!

Special training today...I liked how they had kiddies on the stage and a separate group down off to the right of the stage so they could accomdate more kids...loved it

She was so great and right in character, although I shouldn't be surprised, they were all fantastic!

This guy was the funniest Jedi Master we've seen to date! I actually had to wipe away tears of laughter he was so funny, neither of us wanted it to end!

OH NO>.....guess who's coming!!!

Yup...Darth Vadar! It always amazes me how the kids aren't terrified of him, but none from this group was they all stepped up to the challenge!

Storm Trooper standing guard!

Not sure who this "lovely" lady is, but man was she scary ... and never said a word!

Fighting a Jedi...now it's getting good!

A real life Jedi...he was behind us for photos so I just zoomed in....he was a cutie!

We had such a great time at the Training Academy but it was time to move on! From Clone Wars...or at least that's what one of the dad's said Shan thought he was cool!

The scary girl again, she was staring down a young boy who had just had his picture taken with her....this went on, no word of a lie, for over a minute. Shan wasn't sure if she should wait or go but.....

she waited and I snapped this....the whole time she was squeezing Shan's shoulder, it was quite funny! Again, not one word came out of her mouth!

We decided to sit and watch some of the little ones with the characters and it was so hot a break was welcome. I posted this earlier for a reader to see but I thought I would post for anyone who didn't see them. Shan bought these Tom's at DTD in Curl and had the artist outside paint Cherry Blossom's on them and we both thought they turned out great! I'm amazed at how many young girls stop her when she has them on to ask where she bought them!

We were wandering around and noticed that Min and Bill's Dockside Diner was opened and I have a young lady who thinks their chocolate shakes are the best thing on earth so we stopped. I took this while I waited!

Guess who took this....right! Shan!

Enjoying her chocolate shake....is it just me or can you tell how hot it is by looking at her face? It was ridiculously sweltering but there was no way we were leaving before the parade.......

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #558
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

SWW looks great! We're hoping to make it during that time next year.

Shan's shoes are adorable! I'm not surprised she gets asked about them!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #559
MommyMX3
Earning My Ears

I would love to take our kiddos to SWW someday when they're a little older! It looks like you had a great time! I think I might be showing my inner space dork here, but the Jedi with the "pigtails" is Ahsoka, and the Sith (creepy lady) is Asajj Ventress.

CB on NYE 2011-12, POR 2012

Old 10-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #560
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
SWW looks great! We're hoping to make it during that time next year.

Shan's shoes are adorable! I'm not surprised she gets asked about them!
Ohhh, you guys will have a great time...hope it all works out! Our plans for our next trip are still up in the air so nothing concrete yet and probably won't be until early next year!

I thought they were very cute and different! Hmmm, I wonder if another young lady we both know purchased a pair on her last trip Guess I will just have to wait and see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMX3 View Post
I would love to take our kiddos to SWW someday when they're a little older! It looks like you had a great time! I think I might be showing my inner space dork here, but the Jedi with the "pigtails" is Ahsoka, and the Sith (creepy lady) is Asajj Ventress.
YAY!! I knew someone would know their names! Clearly, I had no idea Thank you so much for sharing your vast knowledge!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #561
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Queen, sorry I'm so far behind. With the passing of Mark's mom, my mother being diagnosed with dementia and getting my TR started, I've fallen behind again. Your Star Wars day looks like fun. It would probably be something Mark would like if we ever went that time of year.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #562
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Queen, sorry I'm so far behind. With the passing of Mark's mom, my mother being diagnosed with dementia and getting my TR started, I've fallen behind again. Your Star Wars day looks like fun. It would probably be something Mark would like if we ever went that time of year.
I just got to posting on your new TR...I completely understand being behind, especially with everything you've gone/going through I am so happy to have so many of my Dis-friends on FB...was able to keep up to date on all your happenings!!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #563
ellajeansmom
Mouseketeer

I was behind as usual too! SWW looks so fun, love all the pics of the characters and merchandise...so cool I know we would love it but I don't know that we could handle the heat...plus as long as Ella is into her dance classes there is no way we could get away at that time of year.

The Jedi master and his assistant in the Training Academy were the same ones that Ella and Jean had when they did JTA in November! We thought he was great but didn't really have anything to compare to, so I'm glad to know we lucked out with a good show

Looking forward to the parade!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #564
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

We are definitely going to sign the kiddos up for Jedi Training next July. They'll both be old enough. Joaquin is super excited.

I could not stay in character like that. I would just want to talk all the time.

Love Shan's Toms! Very cute.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:29 AM   #565
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Great update, Queen. I am not a Star Wars fan at all but SWW looks so fun!! I need to add you on FB...I'm not on the boards as much as I would like to be with how busy things are!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:13 AM   #566
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I love watching the Jedi training anyway, but watching with Ahsoka and that very creepy lady would be even cooler! I would have. Loved to see creepy lady staying in character like that, so fun.
Love Shan's toms! They're really cute!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #567
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
One we had out fill of shopping in Darth's Mall ( I loved that)
Love the name.

Quote:
I know you'll all be surprised but we didn't ride any rides on this day!
Nope. Not really, looks like there was plenty to see without having to go on rides too.

Quote:
This guy was the funniest Jedi Master we've seen to date! I actually had to wipe away tears of laughter he was so funny, neither of us wanted it to end!
What kind of humour? Kidding with the kidlets? Or more for the adult's benefit?

Quote:
A real life Jedi...he was behind us for photos so I just zoomed in....he was a cutie!
Just took his pic for the TR, of course.

Ahem.

Quote:

The scary girl again, she was staring down a young boy who had just had his picture taken with her....this went on, no word of a lie, for over a minute. Shan wasn't sure if she should wait or go but.....
Shan's got that "I'm trying to look like I'm enjoying this but I'm really kinda uncomfortable" look to her.

Quote:
she waited and I snapped this....the whole time she was squeezing Shan's shoulder, it was quite funny! Again, not one word came out of her mouth!
Not intimidated at all, was she?

Quote:
We were wandering around and noticed that Min and Bill's Dockside Diner was opened and I have a young lady who thinks their chocolate shakes are the best thing on earth so we stopped.
There are some things in life that can't be denied. Like when someone says they need a chocolate shake.

Quote:

Guess who took this....right! Shan!
About 100 years ago, a fellow from Newfoundland taught us how to speak "Newfanese"

M R Ducks
M R Not
O S M R
Cedar Wings?
M R Ducks

(Read it like two people holding a conversation:
Person 1: " 'em are ducks."
Person 2: " 'em are not."
P1: "Oh (y)es 'em are. See 'dere wings? 'em are ducks!")

Quote:
It was ridiculously sweltering but there was no way we were leaving before the parade.......
Ah ha! Do I now see a pool date in your future?? Thanks for the chapter and all the pics!

ps: It's October! The best month of the year!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 10-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #568
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

The shoes came out great!

My son has all of the Star Wars movies and I've seen them many, many times. I have no idea who that lady was.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #569
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
I was behind as usual too! SWW looks so fun, love all the pics of the characters and merchandise...so cool I know we would love it but I don't know that we could handle the heat...plus as long as Ella is into her dance classes there is no way we could get away at that time of year.

The Jedi master and his assistant in the Training Academy were the same ones that Ella and Jean had when they did JTA in November! We thought he was great but didn't really have anything to compare to, so I'm glad to know we lucked out with a good show

Looking forward to the parade!
We seem to have the same problem, too busy to Dis! That's the same reason my sister and her family can't go at that time of year! When Shanleigh was younger I used to take her out of school the first two weeks in November which always worked well with the November holiday and the teachers seemed to link an inservice with it so she would only miss 8 days!

You had the best that I've seen...I really wished I had the video camera with us that day....it was fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
We are definitely going to sign the kiddos up for Jedi Training next July. They'll both be old enough. Joaquin is super excited.

I could not stay in character like that. I would just want to talk all the time.

Love Shan's Toms! Very cute.
Yay! Oh, I can't wait to see that little munchkin fighting Darth!!!

You and me both sista....I'm a yapper

I love them too...and I'm sure there on her list for the next time we go too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDisneyMom View Post
Great update, Queen. I am not a Star Wars fan at all but SWW looks so fun!! I need to add you on FB...I'm not on the boards as much as I would like to be with how busy things are!
Thanks for the PM...sent the friend request this morning! See you on FB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I love watching the Jedi training anyway, but watching with Ahsoka and that very creepy lady would be even cooler! I would have. Loved to see creepy lady staying in character like that, so fun.
Love Shan's toms! They're really cute!

She was amazing....boardering on terrifying It was such a great way to spend half an hour ... even in the scorching heat!

She wears them all the time, although, since the weather has cooled off the black ones are getting more of a workout...this morning, it was her Uggs tho...chilly!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #570
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Love the name.

I was in that moment of "oh look at that, oh what's that over there".... and then I saw the sign! I said to Shan....that's hilarious, they're geniuses...to which she replied...yeah yeah, let's get shopping!!

Nope. Not really, looks like there was plenty to see without having to go on rides too.

...and that was our thought! We can do the rides anytime, but we can't be at SWW anytime!

What kind of humour? Kidding with the kidlets? Or more for the adult's benefit?

Both...he was teasing a mom of a little girl who was dressed head to toe in Hello Kitty...he said "probably not the best choice today considering who she'll be meeting"...he was so fun to watch!

Just took his pic for the TR, of course.

Ahem.

Whatever do you mean? Not falling for that????

Shan's got that "I'm trying to look like I'm enjoying this but I'm really kinda uncomfortable" look to her.

Right before she went up she looked at me and said "she scares me mom" and we laughed and then that happened! It was priceless...usually during awkward, tense moments she plays with her hair, but here, I can guess here it was her purse!

Not intimidated at all, was she?

There are some things in life that can't be denied. Like when someone says they need a chocolate shake.

They have been a fav since we tried it for the first time when she was little....I think they taste like any other shake but then again, I'm no expert!

About 100 years ago, a fellow from Newfoundland taught us how to speak "Newfanese"

M R Ducks
M R Not
O S M R
Cedar Wings?
M R Ducks

(Read it like two people holding a conversation:
Person 1: " 'em are ducks."
Person 2: " 'em are not."
P1: "Oh (y)es 'em are. See 'dere wings? 'em are ducks!")

We had a Newfie couple with us by the pool one day last year when we were there and Shanleigh asked me after where they were from and how did I understand them When I told her they were Canadian just like us she burst out laughing! I think she felt a little silly but I have to say, some of the nicest people in our nation come from Newfoundland....the stores of 9-11 still bring a tear to my eye of how the people of Gander took all those people in off of all those flights! Ok...so I got way off topic...

Ah ha! Do I now see a pool date in your future?? Thanks for the chapter and all the pics!

ps: It's October! The best month of the year!

Maybe....but don't hold your breath on this day! Yay .... October is the best month ever! As a matter of fact the festivities begin tomorrow when my two girlfriends and I celebrate our birthday's....one was the 6th, the other the 8th and then mine in 3 weeks!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
The shoes came out great!

My son has all of the Star Wars movies and I've seen them many, many times. I have no idea who that lady was.

DIdn't they? I was so happy with them!

Someone said the Clone Wars, but again, I have never heard of the Clone Wars so I have no clue

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: