Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #451
amazingact21
Upendi

Wonderful evening to a relaxing day. I've never been to WPE before, but everyone raves about it, and that pizza looks really delicious.

Ugh, feeding the birds is always a mistake. Here at home, I always dread when vacationing families feed the seagulls at the beach. they have no idea that they'll begin attacking you! Can definitely see how that would make you wanna hurry up and leave.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 08-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #452
MEK
DIS Veteran

I am so with you on the pool time. I had such wonderful weather in June and enjoyed the pool every afternoon. It was delightful.

We tried WPE this trip and it was delicious. Both the salad and the cheese pesto pizza sound amazing. I love pesto, so that sounds like its right up my alley!

Great end to another great day.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #453
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Sounds like a really great day! WPE always looks so good, we'll really have to make a point to get there one of these days!

For some reason, Disney birds really seem to bring out the worst in people. They'll sit right next to one of the signs saying not to feed them--feeding them!! So annoying.

Looking forward to more!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #454
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Short and sweet!

Being a guy I have to ask, what are Toms?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 08-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #455
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

okay so um I'm not gonna lie I might've had to google what Toms were,Do you have a pic to see after they are done?

Old 08-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #456
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

What is it with these girls and their Tom's? Caitlin has to get a pair at Curl each trip and is already deciding which to buy next month. What did she get painted on them? Caitlin wanted the Red Wings logo but the artists were too backed up.

Your dinners look so good! You know we love WPE too
Old 08-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #457
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Sounds like a great evening!

I have to tell you...last night, Brandon and I were talking about our DTD night. He was complaining because he doesn't want to eat at RFC again (neither do I), and I was trying to persuade him that there are lots of good places to eat. I told him we should eat at WPE because who couldn't like a place by Wolfgang Puck!?!
And then he said, "I know that name...but I have no idea who he is..."
So I told him that he invented the chinois salad! Still, I get this: .
So then I told him I really just wanted a good pizza, and could he just back me up on this one!? We're probably going there now, if the kids don't insist on some other random place. WIN!

Do you have a picture of the Toms? I didn't know someone there would paint them for you! How does that happen, exactly? Do you have to purchase the Toms from a certain store or what? I'm so interested in doing this, maybe for my kids! (Okay, or maybe for me)

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Old 08-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #458
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
This update will be short and sweet and end off another day in the World! I promise the next one will include more...I was a little forgetful about the camera again
That's okay. Any update is a good update!

Quote:
After a wonderful morning and early afternoon at DTD we decided to head back for our daily rest by the pool...again, no pics! I promise I did take pictures by the pool....one day

Quote:
Our original plan had been to spend the entire afternoon by the pool and then a relaxing evening in our room....but someone decided to get a design painted on their new pair of Toms and they weren't ready before we left so off we went....back to DTD!
I know! I know what Toms are! But the real question is... why, when she said she needs a design on her shoes and wanted to go back to DTD, didn't you say, "Okay, bye! Have fun!"

She's 19.

Admit it. The thought of her going without you to DTD made you realize you were ready for more fun.

Right?

Right.

Quote:
To where you ask? Why our favourite spot for counter service in all the World....WPE!!!!
I knew it!

Quote:
I decided to try the famous chinois salad and it is now my new favourite there! It was so delicious...not short on calories I'm sure, but delicious none the same!
I have to come clean here. I've never been to WPE. Maybe some day...

What makes it worse is our first on-sight stay was POR so it was just a boat ride away.

Quote:
Last year when we went to WPC my sister had ordered the four cheese pesto pizza and raved about it for months after so Shanleigh decided she had to try it and now no other pizza compares She loved it and ate most of it which again, unheard of!!!
Great, now I don't know if I should serve you teppanyaki or my home made pizza. Did you know Ruby has told me not once, but twice that she wants you guys over for dinner? Hmmm..... maybe around our birthdays???

Quote:
Absolutely beautiful shot. And I don't say that lightly.

Quote:
After dinner we headed over to pick up her Tom's and of course at this point I remember, take out the camera!
Oh, yeah! That bulky uncomfortable thing hanging around my neck... :

Quote:
We wandered all the way down and someone (not me in case you were wondering) spotted the Haagen-Dazs shop...so we stopped!
I think it's a rule that you have to stop.

Okay, it's my rule... but still.

Quote:
Now, for those of you who followed us when Jeff was along remembers his fear of birds...well, actually all things that fly...and sting
Really? I had no idea.

Quote:
Jasmine was not at all relaxed
Who?

Quote:
and in fact, neither of us finished our treat it was that bad!! Why don't people follow the rules!
Wow! It'd have to be really bad to force me to walk away from ice cream.

Quote:
We decided it was such a beautiful evening that we would walk back to the Marketplace and catch our bus there! Another wonderful end to another wonderful day!
And another wonderful update. Thanks, Jacquie!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 08-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #459
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Mmmmm that pizza from WPE looks awesome! So does your Haagen-Dazs treat for that matter, too bad about the birds being so bold though.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #460
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay more pool time! I didn't know you could get designs painted on Toms, how cute! I bought a pair, and they are really comfy, but I don't see how people can walk around Disney all day in them!

Yum WPE looks so good...I really have to go there!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 08-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #461
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

Sounds like a great end to the day . Just out of curiosity where did Shan get the TOMS shoes painted? I think it would be awesome to have Disney style TOMS but don't know of any place that does toms art.
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Old 08-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #462
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

First let me say, that pizza looks sooooo good!

And I know I've said it before but I SWEAR Shanleigh needs to audition to be a princess one of these days. She SO has the look of Snow White, or really any of them. She's got the skin tone and an innocent, sweet face- she could so rock that!

Finally, bummer on your ice cream time being interrupted by the birds and such. I agree, people really need to follow the rules, it's for good reason.

Well, I look forward to your next update, hope you are all well there!

Carla

Old 08-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #463
kansasdisneygal
Mouseketeer

Sounds like a fun time! Even if you did have to go back to DTD. I really want to try WPE on my next trip. The food always looks so yummy!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #464
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Wonderful evening to a relaxing day. I've never been to WPE before, but everyone raves about it, and that pizza looks really delicious.

Ugh, feeding the birds is always a mistake. Here at home, I always dread when vacationing families feed the seagulls at the beach. they have no idea that they'll begin attacking you! Can definitely see how that would make you wanna hurry up and leave.
You really have to try it on one of your trips, I think you would love it!

It was really bad...and it wasn't like they were sparrows they were the grackels (not sure about the spelling) and they kept landing on the table and the chairs...it was a little startling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am so with you on the pool time. I had such wonderful weather in June and enjoyed the pool every afternoon. It was delightful.

We tried WPE this trip and it was delicious. Both the salad and the cheese pesto pizza sound amazing. I love pesto, so that sounds like its right up my alley!

Great end to another great day.
So glad you enjoyed WPE as much as we do! We have yet to be disappointed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Sounds like a really great day! WPE always looks so good, we'll really have to make a point to get there one of these days!

For some reason, Disney birds really seem to bring out the worst in people. They'll sit right next to one of the signs saying not to feed them--feeding them!! So annoying.

Looking forward to more!
Once we tried it the first time we were hooked! It's a must for us even if it's breakfast!

You got that right sista!!! The one family sitting at the table next to us were so bad...how do you expect kiddies to learn when the adults don't know better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Short and sweet!

Being a guy I have to ask, what are Toms?
They are canvas type shoes that the company donates a pair to a child in Africa for each pair they sell here! It's pretty awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
okay so um I'm not gonna lie I might've had to google what Toms were,Do you have a pic to see after they are done?
I don't have one on my camera, but I will have Shanleigh take one tonight and upload it and post!! They did turn out rather cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
What is it with these girls and their Tom's? Caitlin has to get a pair at Curl each trip and is already deciding which to buy next month. What did she get painted on them? Caitlin wanted the Red Wings logo but the artists were too backed up.

Your dinners look so good! You know we love WPE too
I can't imagine those two together shopping a DTD We would look like pack mules by the time they were done She got cherry blossoms on her pair of tan ones, however, like Caitlin, she wanted the Jets logo but they said they aren't allowed to do sports team because of some law So she picked the cherry blossom!

We think of you guys everytime we're there because it was Caitlin that turned us onto it in her first Dining Review...been hooked since!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #465
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
Sounds like a great evening!

I have to tell you...last night, Brandon and I were talking about our DTD night. He was complaining because he doesn't want to eat at RFC again (neither do I), and I was trying to persuade him that there are lots of good places to eat. I told him we should eat at WPE because who couldn't like a place by Wolfgang Puck!?!
And then he said, "I know that name...but I have no idea who he is..."
So I told him that he invented the chinois salad! Still, I get this
So then I told him I really just wanted a good pizza, and could he just back me up on this one!? We're probably going there now, if the kids don't insist on some other random place. WIN!

Do you have a picture of the Toms? I didn't know someone there would paint them for you! How does that happen, exactly? Do you have to purchase the Toms from a certain store or what? I'm so interested in doing this, maybe for my kids! (Okay, or maybe for me)
Hilarious! Love that story...you are going girl, I feel it!!

I promise to post one tonight, I will have Shanleigh charge the camera battery when she gets home and by later this evening I will post a picture! Outside the Curl store they had a young man that had a couple of binders of designs with prices (her's was $20) and then, depending how backed up they are, you can wait for them or come back! She bought her's at the Curl store and that's where we had to pay for the design and then bring him out the receipt so I'm not sure if you could take your own pair, but I honestly don't see why not

You and Shanleigh sound so alike...she said she thinks her cousins need a pair each now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
That's okay. Any update is a good update!

Oh good, because I am seriously behind!

I know! I know what Toms are! But the real question is... why, when she said she needs a design on her shoes and wanted to go back to DTD, didn't you say, "Okay, bye! Have fun!"

She's 19.

Admit it. The thought of her going without you to DTD made you realize you were ready for more fun.

Right?

Right.

You know me too well....can't get anything past you

I knew it!

I have to come clean here. I've never been to WPE. Maybe some day...

What makes it worse is our first on-sight stay was POR so it was just a boat ride away.

We'll both have to work on Ruby...if she knows you're not going to do it commando style and maybe a certain other family went at the same time and the mom's in both families just took it easy sometimes, we could make a go of it???

Great, now I don't know if I should serve you teppanyaki or my home made pizza. Did you know Ruby has told me not once, but twice that she wants you guys over for dinner? Hmmm..... maybe around our birthdays???

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="blue"]Awww....she is pretty awesome (so are you before you think I'm favouring Ruby) and around our birthday's would be great! BTW...we're not fussy eaters as I'm sure you figured out by seeing Jeff in person[SIZE]

Absolutely beautiful shot. And I don't say that lightly.

It's the one I have on my desk at work...I just loved it!!! Thanks!!!

Oh, yeah! That bulky uncomfortable thing hanging around my neck... :

When I bought an HSC Lottery Ticket I was hoping for the camera but instead we won the Sony Portable Ipod something...it's in Shan's room!

I think it's a rule that you have to stop.

Okay, it's my rule... but still.

It's a great rule!

Really? I had no idea.

Who?

Speaking of confused.....I had a moment there when posting apparently!

Wow! It'd have to be really bad to force me to walk away from ice cream.

At first it was kinda funny thinking about Jeff freaking out here, but then, karma got the best of Shanleigh and then it wasn't so funny!

And another wonderful update. Thanks, Jacquie!
Thanks...tell Ruby and the girls we said hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Mmmmm that pizza from WPE looks awesome! So does your Haagen-Dazs treat for that matter, too bad about the birds being so bold though.
HAve you got it on your list for your trip??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay more pool time! I didn't know you could get designs painted on Toms, how cute! I bought a pair, and they are really comfy, but I don't see how people can walk around Disney all day in them!

Yum WPE looks so good...I really have to go there!
She found them really hot the day she wore her black ones to the park so after that it was evening only!

You really do...so yummy! Wish we were there now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
Sounds like a great end to the day . Just out of curiosity where did Shan get the TOMS shoes painted? I think it would be awesome to have Disney style TOMS but don't know of any place that does toms art.
Right outside the Curl store! They are set up to the left of the entrance as you go in! You'll have to check it out on your next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PISCESANGEL View Post
First let me say, that pizza looks sooooo good!

And I know I've said it before but I SWEAR Shanleigh needs to audition to be a princess one of these days. She SO has the look of Snow White, or really any of them. She's got the skin tone and an innocent, sweet face- she could so rock that!

Finally, bummer on your ice cream time being interrupted by the birds and such. I agree, people really need to follow the rules, it's for good reason.

Well, I look forward to your next update, hope you are all well there!

Carla
LOL...you are so funny my friend! A little girl asked her on one of our days if she was a princess when we were sitting having dinner...it was the cutest thing and I will go into detail in the TR but it was priceless.

I was having sea salt caramel ice cream...my favourite flavour ever, and I couldn't finish it...not happy!

We are doing great and hope you guys are too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasdisneygal View Post
Sounds like a fun time! Even if you did have to go back to DTD. I really want to try WPE on my next trip. The food always looks so yummy!

DTD in the evening makes me a little crazy with the crowds so we decided to go early, have dinner and get out as fast as possible...didn't happen as you could see

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: