Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #211
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm finally caught up!!

I love all of your Flower and Garden pics from Epcot! After our trip, my DH and I said we would probably never go in May again, since it was just SO hot on our trip, but every time I see F&G pics, I know I'll be back! It's just such a beautiful time of year to be there!

Your pool time at Pop sounds wonderful! It looked like such a beautiful day, it's nice to take a break from the parks and come back to the resort to chill out by the pool for a while! And then DTD after is always fun! I really need to try WPE someday!

Yay, MK! I love the opening show too, and I didn't see it on my last 2 trips! I'm going to have to make up for that when I go in November! So nice that there weren't a lot of crowds that morning! I love just walking right on to Splash, I sometimes think they just say it's a 5 minute wait because that's how long it takes to walk through the queue!

AHH the Peoplemover, I love that ride so much! It's so simple, but so perfect!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 07-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #212
laura74
DIS Veteran

Great pics!

Poor you getting soaked first thing in the morning. I can't get my family to ride Splash anymore because of the big drop.

March 06 Offsite, March 07 CSR, March 08 POR, March 09 WL, March 10 CSR, March 11 PFQ, March 12 BLT/BWV/AKV, March 13 BLT/BCV/AKV, May 14 BWV

Confessions of a Disboard Dropout

Disney Nomads...3 Resorts in 8 Nights!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #213
amazingact21
Upendi

How kind of those guests in front of you on SM, ducking down so you could get all the water.... I always sit in the back for that specific reason, so I know how you feel about not wanting to get soaked.

Isn't it always a little hard when you pass an attraction, knowing you need to get to a different one. You just wanna stop and ride it once, real quick.

I didn't think about it, but I bet May was a lot nicer when compared to August!

The Hall of Presidents had me laughing. They really should provided pillows, especially during the afternoon!

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 07-08-2012, 11:16 AM   #214
iixheartxyouxox
Mouseketeer

This is the day we arrived! It looks like you lucked out with the crowds! That night while we were there it was jam packed! I love the peoplemover too and I was so sad when I tried to go on it, it was temporarily closed. I can't wait to see what else you did at MK that day

WDW: April 2002. Jan 2009. Aug 2009. Aug 2010. Jan 2011. May 2012 TR May 2013. Feb 2014!
Magical Day Weddings Mentor for Ceremonies at the Wedding Pavilion!
Planning a May 2015 Disney Fairytale Wedding <3
Old 07-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #215
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

The weather looks perfect for your first morning at MK

That's too bad about the opening show, but luckily you guys were able to enjoy your relaxation vacation this time around.

I agree that the peoplemover is one of the best, and I love the pictures that Shanleigh got of it.

Your weekend in the states sounds lovely, you guys must love being close enough to pop down for those short trips.

Can't wait for more

Old 07-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #216
kansasdisneygal
Mouseketeer

Those crowds look awesome!! Looks like you guys have gotten quite a bit accomplished for the morning. Love the PeopleMover!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #217
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Would that be the guy sitting on the side of the bridge with the dirty foot and the jug of rum?

You know me so well...now my secrets out

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
I've been going through severe Disney-withdrawal so your pictures helped fuel my addiction.

The park looks almost empty! Mornings like that are the best

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day!
I hear you Dawn...I said to Shanleigh yesterday "this time seven weeks ago" and she said "seven weeks ago" .... that's how I feel, I want to be back so badly! Glad the pictures are helping!

Those mornings are the best....I am not a sleep in kind of girl so I would rather be up and out than out super late at night....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Sounds like a great morning! I can't believe how empty those sections of MK were! That's awesome.

That's so cute that Shan was afraid of all the rides on her first trip. Gives me hope that I'll get mine on some rides eventually without bribery!

You got some lovely pictures, I can't wait to hear what happened next!
It was so beautiful with perfect temperatures too!

She was afraid of everything and would walk around with her fingers in her ears just in case there was a loud noise. I wish I had a scanner so I could share some of our very first trip when she was so little.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
Love your update. You know, in all the years and all the times that we've been to Disney we have never been on Splash Mountain. DH doesn't like to get wet and DS was afraid of it. Until recently. DS told me that he wants to go on it when we go this time. So, we are on!! LOL!!

Love how Shan loves the People Mover. I remember the first time I went on it. I was terrified of Space Mountain and my dad's girlfriend took me on it. I was convinced that she tricked me and that it was the actual ride. I closed my eyes and wouldn't stop screaming the entire ride. I'm sure I annoyed a lot of people that day. LOL!!

Love the pictures. I especially love your stories behind each of the rides.

Can't wait for more!
That's great that he's ready to go on and I know he will love it! For Shan it was just getting her over that "first" of everything then it was smooth sailing for future trips!

Shan did that screaming/crying thing the first time we went on Pirates....she thought they were really shooting at us

Glad you're enjoying it and not bored to tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm finally caught up!!

I love all of your Flower and Garden pics from Epcot! After our trip, my DH and I said we would probably never go in May again, since it was just SO hot on our trip, but every time I see F&G pics, I know I'll be back! It's just such a beautiful time of year to be there!
It was hot but not stupid hot like August so I was in my glory If we go back in May again the only thing I would change is to go a week earlier so I didn't have to cram everything in that one day!
Your pool time at Pop sounds wonderful! It looked like such a beautiful day, it's nice to take a break from the parks and come back to the resort to chill out by the pool for a while! And then DTD after is always fun! I really need to try WPE someday!
When Shanleigh was little we used to go in Oct/Nov/or Dec and we never took time out of our days to hit the pool and I couldn't figure out why people would do that....now I get it!
Yay, MK! I love the opening show too, and I didn't see it on my last 2 trips! I'm going to have to make up for that when I go in November! So nice that there weren't a lot of crowds that morning! I love just walking right on to Splash, I sometimes think they just say it's a 5 minute wait because that's how long it takes to walk through the queue!

AHH the Peoplemover, I love that ride so much! It's so simple, but so perfect!
I am still bummed that I missed the show...I kept thinking oh I'll see it on our next morning here...yup, never happened!

So simple and so perfect it right!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura74 View Post
Great pics!

Poor you getting soaked first thing in the morning. I can't get my family to ride Splash anymore because of the big drop.
I don't mind so much getting wet as my hair getting wet My hair is super fine and it takes a bit of work so once it's wet, forget it, It's a goner for the rest of the day!Of course my daughter thinks its hilarious when this happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
How kind of those guests in front of you on SM, ducking down so you could get all the water.... I always sit in the back for that specific reason, so I know how you feel about not wanting to get soaked.

Isn't it always a little hard when you pass an attraction, knowing you need to get to a different one. You just wanna stop and ride it once, real quick.

I didn't think about it, but I bet May was a lot nicer when compared to August!

The Hall of Presidents had me laughing. They really should provided pillows, especially during the afternoon!
I wanted to be in the back row but unfortunately didn't happen. Bad hair for the rest of the day!

That's exactly how I feel! It was a lot nicer than August until our second week....tell you about that in future posts!

HoP, Ellen's UoE, and CoP are my 3 go to spots for a quick nap! My youngest niece is my napping partner but since they weren't with us this didn't happen on this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iixheartxyouxox View Post
This is the day we arrived! It looks like you lucked out with the crowds! That night while we were there it was jam packed! I love the peoplemover too and I was so sad when I tried to go on it, it was temporarily closed. I can't wait to see what else you did at MK that day
I know For the rest of this day we were keeping our eyes peeled for you guys! That is sad that is was down when you were there! Looking forward to telling you about the rest of our day/evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
The weather looks perfect for your first morning at MK

That's too bad about the opening show, but luckily you guys were able to enjoy your relaxation vacation this time around.

I agree that the peoplemover is one of the best, and I love the pictures that Shanleigh got of it.

Your weekend in the states sounds lovely, you guys must love being close enough to pop down for those short trips.

Can't wait for more
It was perfect, absolutely perfect! We were feeling very blessed with the weather...little did we know what was to come.....

She did a great job with the pictures and it was so nice for me to just sit back and relax!

I have to say it's pretty awesome being an hour from the border and the highway is double lane the whole way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasdisneygal View Post
Those crowds look awesome!! Looks like you guys have gotten quite a bit accomplished for the morning. Love the PeopleMover!!!
I love low crowd levels as I'm sure most people do and this day was fantastic!

We had quite a few rides on the Peoplemover this trip...it was great
Old 07-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #218
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post

I love this picture. It's perfect!

What a great morning. Starting in the back of the park can be so fun because its always so empty. I love Splash - what a great way to start off the day.

Where's your redneck ride photo? Were you still took busy trying to dry out to take one?

You got a lot of great pictures in this update. Great start to the day.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #219
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love this picture. It's perfect!

What a great morning. Starting in the back of the park can be so fun because its always so empty. I love Splash - what a great way to start off the day.

Where's your redneck ride photo? Were you still took busy trying to dry out to take one?

You got a lot of great pictures in this update. Great start to the day.
I was thinking of you and how creative you are with your pictures so this is what I came up with...so glad you like it!!

We always seem to start our first MK in Adventureland....I just love tradition!

It wasn't working when we went down so no redneck photo for us
Old 07-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #220
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

So nice to see your pics without the crowds. I didn't even recognize the Tiki room building because whenever we have been there in March it is so crowded we can barely see anything.

Great photos, and great report!

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 07-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #221
disneydreamin23
Earning My Ears

So jealous of the empty MK. I'm so addicted to your TR, I'm currently reading a 2010 one. I have fun vicariously through you
Old 07-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #222
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Your boyfriend??? Ok you can have dirty leg guy, I get Jack!

Love the quiet park shots

Old 07-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #223
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
So nice to see your pics without the crowds. I didn't even recognize the Tiki room building because whenever we have been there in March it is so crowded we can barely see anything.

Great photos, and great report!
Thanks so much! We have never been in March and by the sounds of it we won't be planning on going at that time anytime soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin23 View Post
So jealous of the empty MK. I'm so addicted to your TR, I'm currently reading a 2010 one. I have fun vicariously through you
Aww that makes me so happy, thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Your boyfriend??? Ok you can have dirty leg guy, I get Jack!

Love the quiet park shots
For you my friend...anything!!! Aren't those some amazing shots...I couldn't believe it so I just kept taking pictures so I knew it was real
Old 07-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #224
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
We headed down to the states for some shopping and girl time!
So just to be sure. You celebrated Canada day... by leaving Canada.

Okay, I'm on the same page now.

Quote:
So let's get on with this....brings us to Monday May 21 and we were heading to my second favourite park....MK!
Second fave. Would it be your fave if all of a sudden they announced you could get a GGS there?

Quote:
Well, I missed it this day and hey what the heck might as well tell you now I missed it everytime we were at the MK this trip! Our need for a relaxing vacation far outweighed my need to get to the park on time for rope drop!
There seems to be a trend among the TR writers around here to take relaxing vacations. What's going on?

Where's the panic?
Where's the pandemonium?
Where's the insanity?

Quote:

We headed straight down the middle of Main Street USA and once we hit the turn off to Adventureland I grabbed this little shot of my beloved castle
Ya know. I've teased you before about you calling it "your" castle. But not anymore. I moved forward from your vantage point so the tree wouldn't cut off the top, and, well.... All I can say is: I'm sorry I doubted you.

Quote:

and then I got the face...you know the one, you`ve seen if before! The ``really mom, I need to get to SM as soon as my legs will take me there`face.
Ah, yes. I know that face. That's a face you do not want to mess with!

Quote:
So what`s a mother to do....
get her to stop and take a picture of me...
I've said it before, I'll say it again. The only reason to have kids, is to torment them. That's what they're for.

Quote:
My boyfriend would have to wait....
declansdad beat me to it!

Quote:
As you can see the crowds were non-existent this morning....or somewhere else in the park
Nice. Don't you love having MK all to yourselves?

Quote:
As you can see the 5 minutes wait time that was posted turned into the time it took us to walk on the ride
Again.... Nice!

Quote:
Haunted Mansion, how I miss the days of taunting Shanleigh on this ride...my oldest niece won`t ride with me because I scared her the last time...so now we just enjoy

Quote:
The foot shot .... gotta have it!
If you ride it... you must shoot it.

It's a rule. I didn't make the rule. It just... is.

Quote:
More MK to come....
Can't wait! Great pics!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 07-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #225
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
So just to be sure. You celebrated Canada day... by leaving Canada.

Okay, I'm on the same page now.

Yup....same page! I figured with all the bear spray attacks lately in the city and in particular the one at The Forks on Canada Day, might as well get away! What is going on...did you see the headlines from the weekend....remind me again why we live in this city??

Second fave. Would it be your fave if all of a sudden they announced you could get a GGS there?

Ohhhhh, you raise an excellent point....I will have to ponder.......

There seems to be a trend among the TR writers around here to take relaxing vacations. What's going on?

Where's the panic?
Where's the pandemonium?
Where's the insanity?

I thought it was a great idea while we were there until we got home and we both started saying "we didn't do this and we didn't do that"...didn't seem that good once that started

Ya know. I've teased you before about you calling it "your" castle. But not anymore. I moved forward from your vantage point so the tree wouldn't cut off the top, and, well.... All I can say is: I'm sorry I doubted you.

OMG.....now that's MY castle!!!Thank you

Ah, yes. I know that face. That's a face you do not want to mess with!

I too know that you have seen that face......btw, how did Elle do in Montreal?

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The only reason to have kids, is to torment them. That's what they're for.

I often joke that my share ownership plan at work will pay for the therapy Shanleigh will eventually need

declansdad beat me to it!

Well I knew it would be one or the other....just rolled the dice on who it would be first!

Nice. Don't you love having MK all to yourselves?

It was quite lovely! If I didn't have the "SM hair" it would have been perfect...what hey, you gotta roll with the punches right?
Again.... Nice!

If you ride it... you must shoot it.

It's a rule. I didn't make the rule. It just... is.

I was shocked that I didn't have to remind her to shoot it....just all on her own! Maybe she's ready for a trip to the World without her mama

Can't wait! Great pics!
Hopefully within the next day or two I'll have the rest up!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: