Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #166
dramaqueenemj22
Mouseketeer

I love WPE too! It makes me want it so bad! LOL Loving you TR so far
Old 06-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #167
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Love the picture tradition, what a great way to look back through the years.

The Christmas store makes my heart happy. I could spend hours in there.

I've got to try WPE one of these days, it always looks delicious.

That sundae looks fantastic! I wish that I could grab a spoon right now!

We've never been to DTD at night, so I've never seen the really crazy crowds. DH would loose his mind if I tried to make him shop in crowds like that.

Sounds like a nice relaxing start to the trip, can't wait to hear more!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #168
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

I am definitely going to try WPE next trip! YUM!

I love those Lego statues. We never go in the store, but we always stop to look for a while. Who knew you could make works of art from them? Well, I couldn't, but somebody can!

We have never been to Ghirardelli, either. That has to be some kind of Disney sin! I don't think anyone will argue if I insist we make a visit in September.

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Old 06-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #169
iixheartxyouxox
Mouseketeer

I love the Christmas store too! I have a tradition of buying an ornament for every trip so when we have our tree we can look back and remember all the trips! Keith and I had our first Ghirardelli ice cream this trip and it was amazing!! Your sundae looks yummy, whats in it?

WDW: April 2002. Jan 2009. Aug 2009. Aug 2010. Jan 2011. May 2012 TR May 2013. Feb 2014!
Magical Day Weddings Mentor for Ceremonies at the Wedding Pavilion!
Planning a May 2015 Disney Fairytale Wedding <3
Old 06-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #170
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Ooo, those sparkly cone tree things are so pretty! I wonder if there's a way to replicate it because they sell styrofoam cones like that at the craft store.
I was thinking the same thing! A little paint, some craft glue and some sparkly things!?!?
Enjoyed the update, and the sundae looks delicious!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 06-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #171
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post

Don't fall over, I know it's only Thursday and I'm doing an update but I thought it was time!

Quote:
Yup, pkondz knows us well, DTD!
Cool! Wait... are you saying I'm a stalker?

Quote:
First stop which is a must for us on every trip! I have this picture from every trip except one since Shanleigh was 6 years old! I love looking back and smiling at the memories and it also brings a tear to my eye to think "where have the years gone"
Awww... but look how she turned out. You must be very proud despite your sadness of "where have the years gone".

Quote:
I wanted these so badly, however, they wouldn't have fit in either of our carry-ons and I wasn't risking packing them! I just love them tho
I'm not big on Disney ornaments... but I do like those.

Quote:
Some ornaments, can you ever have enough Disney ornaments
Well... for me. Yeah.

Quote:
Our whole purpose on this evening was to hit one of our favourite CS restaurants on property....WPE! I had waited almost a year for my favourite thing there....butternut squash soup
So was it worth the wait??? I'm guessing, yes.

Quote:
The sun had just set and it looked gorgeous and we had a perfect seat!
Nice location! Right on the water's edge.

Quote:
Strike it Rich Sundae which we split. We didn't finish it but we gave it a good run!
Oh, Lord. That looks sooo good.

Quote:

After our delicious dessert we decided to head back, call home and see how everything was going and get an early night! After all, we were heading to the MK the next day

Can't wait! Thanks for the update!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 06-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #172
MEK
DIS Veteran

I did get two updates behind. Shame on me! I would have remembered the Le Cellier meal and that cool close up of Lotso. You really got some beautiful pictures in the world showcase. It looks like a fabulous day.

I ate at WPE for the first time in June (the one in the marketplace) and it was really good. I wanted to go back a second time, but never got a chance.

That sundae looks amazing.

I love the Christmas shop. In fact, I think I may have taken that same picture of the mantel with the Christmas trees!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-29-2012, 02:17 AM   #173
kansasdisneygal
Mouseketeer

Your TR is completely adding to my Must Do dining list! I need to try WPE. I don't know if I'd like the soup but I've heard numorous people say that their food is amazing! Also, never had anything at Ghiradelli's either. We've wanted too but the line is always so LONGGG. Your sundae looks fantastic though! YUM!

By the way, I LOVE your nails in the pic of you at Ghiradelli's!! So cute!! That hot pink has got to be one of my favorites!

Excited to read on about your MK day!!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #174
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
for another update!

The traditional pic of Shan is so cute! You know I understand that feeling of "where have the years gone" I always feel sorry for people who are in a hurry for their kids to grow up. They don't realize how precious time is.

It sounds like DTD was the perfect ending to a wonderful day! I am so looking forward to WPE in Sept! We didn't go there in Feb and it is one of my favorite WDW counter service places!
Thanks Dawn...and yes I do know that you get it too! I have 3 young ladies at work that are all expecting and I keep telling them once their babies come not to wish their lives away because soon they will be almost 20 and you will wonder where the years went!

It really was! Even tho it was a little crowd crazy we took it all in stride! Glad you are going to get there in September, just wish we were going to be there at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I want to work in the Christmas store too! I love Christmas so much and Disney... perfect combination. I get a new ornament every trip!

Omg that Sundae! I'm drooling over here!

What a lovely evening. Looks so relaxing and fun!
Me too! I always buy one with the year on it!

That sundae is so good but I told Shanleigh next trip we have to try something different

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Ooo, those sparkly cone tree things are so pretty! I wonder if there's a way to replicate it because they sell styrofoam cones like that at the craft store.

Mmm, that soup looks delicious! What's the red swirl in it?
Arent they gorgeous! I saw some similiar ones at a store here last fall but they didnt have a Mickey head on them But I did contemplate....maybe this year!

Its a red pepper sauce and it adds just a little kick to the soup which is so yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura74 View Post
Know-it-all.

It gets downright crazy there sometimes. Like exiting MK after Wishes crazy.

After Wishes I always think how can something so beautiful turn into something so ugly moments later

Aw. Know that feeling well.

My heart tightens everytime I think of how quickly the next 4 years of University will go by!

Love that place. Chinois Chicken Salad...yum...

We just had a one of those trips too.

I think because we are fortunate enough to go every year lately that we never have that urge to do everything and see everything....we make it a true vacation!

Love those.

I always marvel at the talents of others!

Yum.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Great update!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Yay for a downtown Disney evening....always one of the best places to spend an evening while at the world.

I love that you have that pic of Shanleigh from almost every trip....it must be a great way to look back on all your trips.

We have never been to Girdarelli's but every time I see your pictures i'm convinced we need to!

I agree with you about the Christmas store...it is definitely one of my favorites too!
You got that right sista!

It sure is...you see every year how much she has grown, well, not since about 15 but earlier

I will convince you to put it in your planning for next trip...that was the reason I only had the soup, had to leave room for dessert

I could spend hours in there and spend a fortune!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #175
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueenemj22 View Post
I love WPE too! It makes me want it so bad! LOL Loving you TR so far
You and me both...think anyone would miss us if we skipped out Glad your having as much fun reading it as I am writing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Love the picture tradition, what a great way to look back through the years.

The Christmas store makes my heart happy. I could spend hours in there.

I've got to try WPE one of these days, it always looks delicious.

That sundae looks fantastic! I wish that I could grab a spoon right now!

We've never been to DTD at night, so I've never seen the really crazy crowds. DH would loose his mind if I tried to make him shop in crowds like that.

Sounds like a nice relaxing start to the trip, can't wait to hear more!
We got out our album from our first trip and it makes me want to cry! I remember pre-boarding as it was Shanleigh's first flight that she could actually remember and she dropped to the ground kicking and screaming because she thought we were going to crash! Thank God for an amazing flight crew who let her sit in the cockpit the entire flight (except takeoff and landing) those days too are long gone!

You won't be disappointed in WPE I can assure you! I would grab a spoon with you....it's so delicious!

You need to maybe have a Dis-meet at DTD and so DH doesn't have to endure any torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
I am definitely going to try WPE next trip! YUM!

I love those Lego statues. We never go in the store, but we always stop to look for a while. Who knew you could make works of art from them? Well, I couldn't, but somebody can!

We have never been to Ghirardelli, either. That has to be some kind of Disney sin! I don't think anyone will argue if I insist we make a visit in September.
We have done breakfast lunch and dinner and loved everything we've had!

You and I are both in the same boat....craft challenged! When we are with my sis and her family we always go in the store because my BIL loves lego!

I don't think they'll argue either and remember, no calories when you're at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by iixheartxyouxox View Post
I love the Christmas store too! I have a tradition of buying an ornament for every trip so when we have our tree we can look back and remember all the trips! Keith and I had our first Ghirardelli ice cream this trip and it was amazing!! Your sundae looks yummy, whats in it?
That's a great tradition that you have going and think how you'll remember every trip the first time you decorate that tree! Shanleigh bought her first ornament for her when I move out tree She also bought an apron and measuring cups!

Glad you guys got there this trip....and even happier that you enjoyed it

It is butter pecan ice cream, caramel sauce, hot fudge and almonds and whipped cream....oh lordy its delish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
I was thinking the same thing! A little paint, some craft glue and some sparkly things!?!?
Enjoyed the update, and the sundae looks delicious!
Is it ok if I have a little craft envy...not a crafting bone in this body

Thanks!!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:58 AM   #176
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post

You didn/t hurt yourself did you

Cool! Wait... are you saying I'm a stalker?

No no...and besides, stalker is a strong word

Awww... but look how she turned out. You must be very proud despite your sadness of "where have the years gone".

I have to say I am pretty darn proud of her! I have also had the fleeting thought of when she has children I can start the tradition all over again....then I shoo the thought away, not quite ready to be a Nana anytime soon!

I'm not big on Disney ornaments... but I do like those.

...note to self...dont invite them over during the holidays

Well... for me. Yeah.

Ok....I get it....no ornaments for you

So was it worth the wait??? I'm guessing, yes.

....and then some!

Nice location! Right on the water's edge.

Not to sound cliche, but it truly was the end to a perfect day!

Oh, Lord. That looks sooo good.

....and it was!

Can't wait! Thanks for the update!
Glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I did get two updates behind. Shame on me! I would have remembered the Le Cellier meal and that cool close up of Lotso. You really got some beautiful pictures in the world showcase. It looks like a fabulous day.

I ate at WPE for the first time in June (the one in the marketplace) and it was really good. I wanted to go back a second time, but never got a chance.

That sundae looks amazing.

I love the Christmas shop. In fact, I think I may have taken that same picture of the mantel with the Christmas trees!
Thanks MEK....that means so much coming from an amazing photographer like yourself!

It's a must do for us and when we missed it in Aug last year I was sick

Great minds think alike I guess....everytime I am shopping there I think how wonderful it must be to drive there and get to buy anything you want....I wonder if I'll ever have that feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasdisneygal View Post
Your TR is completely adding to my Must Do dining list! I need to try WPE. I don't know if I'd like the soup but I've heard numorous people say that their food is amazing! Also, never had anything at Ghiradelli's either. We've wanted too but the line is always so LONGGG. Your sundae looks fantastic though! YUM!

I am so happy that you are adding that to your Must Do list. My daugher LOVES the pizza, in a later update Ill tell you which one she tried that she says is the only thing shell order from there now!

By the way, I LOVE your nails in the pic of you at Ghiradelli's!! So cute!! That hot pink has got to be one of my favorites!

Thank you! Its from the OPI Dutch line and its called Kiss Me on My Tulips! It stayed so great the whole two weeks...I guess probably because I wasnt doing housework Shanleigh got the shellac mani because she chips her manis no matter what but I got the regular
Excited to read on about your MK day!!
Thanks ... working on it now!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #177
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Hey friend! Another great update. Downtown Disney is such a fun place to go!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #178
megan511
Mouseketeer

Hi! We were there at the same time May 25-June 4.

I wanted to subscribe but I have to go back to read

I was drawn in by your title. I really hope the person you are referring to is not my DH!

Last edited by megan511; 06-30-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #179
amazingact21
Upendi

I agree that DTD is a lot more enjoyable when you're not rushing to buy a particular item.

That soup looks delicious! I've never tried WPE before, but I'd definitely be willing to go there and try that dish.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 06-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #180
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

DTD sure is a relaxing place. Love the pic you take on every trip...it must be great looking back at all the memories.

Mmm...WPE sure is a great CS restaurant. I have never tried that Butternut Squash soup but may have to give it a try in the future.

Okay now I'm drooling over the Ghiradelli's Sundae...what a perfect way to end the evening.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: