Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #1051
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Please note that the only person in this picture who is NOT wearing a raincoat or poncho is my son.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 10-23-2012, 06:09 PM   #1052
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

You crack me up with wet in the countries pictures.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #1053
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
This is my favourite post! You are fantastic!

I am a kindred cheap spirit and I can appreciate all the reasons you didn't buy a poncho.

I love how once you got wet you just went with it. Best way to deal with this situation.

Only sad thing about this post was the picture of the International Gateway. So close, yet so far.

My day is now complete and I can go to bed with a smile on my face. Thanks for sharing your misery with your usual style and flair!
I don't know which I enjoyed more, JanetMom's joy at your predicament or the predicament itself...

~NM
Old 10-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #1054
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

What a great attitude you have even when soaking wet!!
I HATE being wet I would have been grumpy lol.

Sounds like buying the CD was more of a waste. Not really taken advantage of??? If so that's to bad.

Did you get a chance to eat?? I'm always thinking of the food.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 10-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #1055
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Have to admit that while we get alot of rainy weather it's not typically like florida rain-more of a fine mizzley, drizzley type rain if you know what I mean But hey at the mearest blink of sunshine you will be dazzled by the sight of sun deprived legs appearing in all shapes and sizes from shorts of all shapes and sizes Truly a sight to behold
Sunny Florida must really be an adjustment for you, but a welcome one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
ok that is one of the best photo series I've seen in a long time. Absolutely love it.

Major UGH on the soaked tennis shoes though. Yuck.

However, mom of the year should not have to tell a 14 year old to pack a poncho. Either he does, or he doesn't but he is old enough to know what he wants to bring. I assume by the fact the rest of them had them that someone reminded the rest?

14 year old boys are not known for their attention to that kind of detail. At least mine aren't.
Thanks! Not the highest quality photos- the one in France looks like I am melting away- but it was a lot of fun.

The wet sneakers were a flashback to our trip in 2008 during Tropical Storm Faye. It didn't stop raining for 5 days and our shoes never dried out.

You actually pegged it. Nate wouldn't have worn a poncho whether I had reminded him or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
I love having so many of you who understand what it is like dealing with teens!

I should point out that you will soon see in another thread that a certain "Flat" son of mine has his own poncho and is smart enough to know when he needs it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
You crack me up with wet in the countries pictures.
Glad I could bring a smile to your face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
I don't know which I enjoyed more, JanetMom's joy at your predicament or the predicament itself...

~NM
Good times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
What a great attitude you have even when soaking wet!!
I HATE being wet I would have been grumpy lol.

Sounds like buying the CD was more of a waste. Not really taken advantage of??? If so that's to bad.

Did you get a chance to eat?? I'm always thinking of the food.
Me too!

Wet I can handle. Hungry, not so much.

I did get something to eat, but like many experiences on this trip, it was not exactly the way I would have planned it!

I'm not sorry I got the CD, but I do wish the groups would have taken more photos and that my group in particular had taken more than that 1 pose. After I made all the edits and added borders, we ended up with over 200 photos. I'm still making copies of CDs for families upon request.

Last edited by natebenma; 10-23-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:54 AM   #1056
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

I love sunny florida
Old 10-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #1058
GatorMommy2007
Mouseketeer

As a middle school teacher who takes a group of kids on a yearly trip...I LOVE this TR!!! Granted, we don't have as far to travel (7 hours in vans) and we don't have NEARLY as many kids, it still reminds me of our so-planned-yet-so-fun trips!

Old 10-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #1059
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
I love sunny florida
Me, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I was only two updates behind.

I love that you documented your wet tour around the world!
Might as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMommy2007 View Post
As a middle school teacher who takes a group of kids on a yearly trip...I LOVE this TR!!! Granted, we don't have as far to travel (7 hours in vans) and we don't have NEARLY as many kids, it still reminds me of our so-planned-yet-so-fun trips!
I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying this. I haven't figured out yet if this is a "how-to" report, a "how-not-to" report or a cautionary tale. Maybe all of the above!
Old 10-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #1060
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Oh I'm so with you. I refuse to buy those expensive ponchos!! I love the wet in each country pictures, too funny. You're such a good sport!
Old 10-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #1061
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

I totally understand the not buying a poncho. I would have hated to buy one knowing my raincoat was in the room. I did the same thing last December and opted to skip the poncho too. Love the country pics
Old 10-30-2012, 05:20 AM   #1062
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Who could be using those ponchos now???!!!???

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Oh I'm so with you. I refuse to buy those expensive ponchos!! I love the wet in each country pictures, too funny. You're such a good sport!
I didn't mind being wet, but there were consequences... I had underpacked for the trip. I had clothes for the travel day tomorrow, but I was actually wearing my sleep shirt, because I ran out of t-shirts.

That was going to be way too wet to sleep in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
I totally understand the not buying a poncho. I would have hated to buy one knowing my raincoat was in the room. I did the same thing last December and opted to skip the poncho too. Love the country pics
Thanks! I figured I would approach the circumstances with humor. Always makes things better.

I'll get a new update up as soon as I can. Hopefully in a day or two.

Hope all my friends in Sandy's path are safe and dry. We lost power from about 4 yesterday afternoon until 10 last night. So glad to be back on the grid!
Old 10-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #1063
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Hi Dee life has been crazy busy for me lately and while I've been following along I havent posted much but I just wanted to say I've been thinking of you today and I hope all goes well for your mum's service
Old 10-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #1064
MEK
DIS Veteran

I am glad I am not too terribly far behind. Can't see pictures now, but I can't wait to see your drenched around the world shots. I can tell by the comments that they are pretty hysterical.

Mother of the year!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #1065
MEK
DIS Veteran

Your round the world showcase in a wet clothes cracked me up, as expected. But I really laughed at the group shot with all the pink heads. Nice editing.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: