Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #1006
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma
I don't want to spread sadness on everyone else's reports, but I do want to let you know that my mom passed away Tuesday morning.

She has been ill for several months, but has suffered for years. It is a relief to know she is no longer mentally or physically in pain. I pray that she has finally found the peace of mind she has wanted throughout her lifetime.

My heart and admiration go out to my dad for his devotion throughout the years. I am doing fine, and more importantly, he is too.

I'll catch up with everyone when I can!

Hugs!

Dee
Dee so sorry for your loss. Wishing your dad and your family peaceful thought while you spend this time grieving and comforting each other.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW/US (in planning)

Old 10-12-2012, 12:41 AM   #1007
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Dee - Honestly, I don't know what to say since that kind of loss is so profound that there is no "fixing" it....sometimes there are no words to reach the depths of pain and loss.... Yet, I'm glad that you can take some measure of comfort in knowing that she is at peace.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #1008
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I don't want to spread sadness on everyone else's reports, but I do want to let you know that my mom passed away Tuesday morning.

She has been ill for several months, but has suffered for years. It is a relief to know she is no longer mentally or physically in pain. I pray that she has finally found the peace of mind she has wanted throughout her lifetime.

My heart and admiration go out to my dad for his devotion throughout the years. I am doing fine, and more importantly, he is too.

Hugs!

Dee
Dee - I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. It is so difficult to lose a parent despite the fact that they have had a long and difficult illness. I can't find the hugs smilie on my stupid work computer, but please accept my virtual *hug*

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #1009
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Dee I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself and your loved ones
Old 10-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #1010
AprilRenee
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry for your loss

Pre Trip Report
Photobooks/TR linked below
May 2010 POP(Photobook); January 2011 ASMu (TR); January 2012 POP(Photobook)
Old 10-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #1011
MegRose1107
Earning My Ears

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #1012
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

Hugs!

Dee
Dee, I am so sorry for your loss. Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #1013
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Dee, I came to catch up on your updates, but instead the first thing I read was about your mother's passing. I am so sorry for your loss. Even when they've been sick for a long time, and you're relieved that they're not in any pain anymore, it still isn't easy to let go.

Prayers for you, your dad, your boys, and your entire family.

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 10-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #1014
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. It really means so much to know you all care. I have a fantastic support system and because of my mother I am strong, because of my father I can get through anything with a sense of humor.

My dad and brother both live about 30 minutes away and I have met my dad a couple of times for lunch this week. My family, dad, brother and his two kids are all going out to a Japanese Grille tonight to be together and celebrate a bunch of birthdays.

Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMom5 View Post
Hugs Dee. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Dee,

I am so very sorry to hear about your mother's passing. As you said, you know that's she's finally at peace and not suffering any more. I will pray that you, your dad and your entire family find the strength to get through this tough time.

Many hugs to you!

Lisa
Thanks, Lisa. It is really difficult to watch someone suffer and not be able to do anything to help. We are so thankful she is now in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I am so sorry for your loss Dee. I pray she is now at peace and am glad to hear you and your dad are both doing ok. No matter what, it is still hard and I am thinking of you during this time.
I really appreciate your kind words. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Oh Dee, I am so sorry for your loss, I also hope she is at peace. I'll be thinking of you and your family.
Thank you! The hugs help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am so sorry to hear about your mom. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Thanks! I appreciate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Dee, just wanted to repeat how sorry we were to hear about your mom. We've prayed for you over the past couple days, and our family sends your family a giant hug. It sounds like your dad is as strong as you are.
Thank you and your family for the prayers. My dad is my hero. He is doing ok and that is the most important thing to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Dee~

So sorry about your mom's passing. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thank you. I'm blessed to have people like you who care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmama3 View Post
I am so sorry to hear this! I will be praying for you and your family.
Thank you for taking the time to let me know you are praying for my family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Dee so sorry for your loss. Wishing your dad and your family peaceful thought while you spend this time grieving and comforting each other.
Thanks! I have an amazing family and we will all help each other get through everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Dee - Honestly, I don't know what to say since that kind of loss is so profound that there is no "fixing" it....sometimes there are no words to reach the depths of pain and loss.... Yet, I'm glad that you can take some measure of comfort in knowing that she is at peace.
Thanks, Brenda! We are all at peace knowing my mom is too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Dee - I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. It is so difficult to lose a parent despite the fact that they have had a long and difficult illness. I can't find the hugs smilie on my stupid work computer, but please accept my virtual *hug*
Thank you for the hug, thoughts and prayers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Dee I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself and your loved ones
Thank you so much! We are all taking care of each other, and we are in good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilRenee View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss
Thank you for the condolences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegRose1107 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you so much for sharing comfort with me and my family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
Dee, I am so sorry for your loss. Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.
Thanks- my family really appreciates your concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Dee, I came to catch up on your updates, but instead the first thing I read was about your mother's passing. I am so sorry for your loss. Even when they've been sick for a long time, and you're relieved that they're not in any pain anymore, it still isn't easy to let go.

Prayers for you, your dad, your boys, and your entire family.
Thank you. My family is all doing well and the thoughts and prayers really help.

Last edited by natebenma; 10-13-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #1015
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you and your family are able to support your Dad during this time. Thoughts and prayers
Old 10-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #1016
WDW2012
Mouseketeer

So sorry for your loss.

'80/'83/'90 off-site; '93 CBR; '96 ASM; '98 Dolphin; '05 off-site; '09 THV; '10 YC; '12 SSR; '14 off-site

First Attempt at a Dining Report:
Gluten Free/Dairy Free/Corn Free but not free dining
Old 10-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #1017
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Oh Dee! I'm so sad for you. I'm sorry for your loss.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 10-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #1018
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you and your family are able to support your Dad during this time. Thoughts and prayers
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW2012 View Post
So sorry for your loss.
Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Oh Dee! I'm so sad for you. I'm sorry for your loss.

Amanda
Thanks, Amanda. We are doing ok.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #1019
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like you have a terrific family & support system - so glad you have each other to lean on.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #1020
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

I'm do behind on your TR but just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian & Windsor Hills //

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: