Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #991
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Great Everest pics! Love the views - some I've never noticed, like Epcot. I can't wait to check out these new discoveries. I feel like we never quite do AK right.

Last edited by 333disneymom; 10-08-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #992
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Great Everest shots! I love the view from up there too, it's so cool being able to see all the big landmarks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #993
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
So glad you were able to at least enjoy Everest. It's one of my favorite rides so I would really be disappointed if I didn't get a chance to ride it.

The view from up there is awesome!!
I think it's one of the reasons DS15 doesn't like it- he's afraid of heights.
I love Everest, too. That was my second ride of the day, and for some of the boys, their third.

I love the views, both of the park and the EPCOT resort area off in the distance. Another place you get a similar views is at Blizzard Beach. But there are issues with heights at Summit Plummet and the family ride, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
A Disney coaster always makes people feel better.

Definitely a mood lifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnjieNet View Post
Enjoyed the Everest ride photos. I think I'll attempt to take some on this trip though I don't know if my camera is quick enough to catch anything. We'll see!
Can't wait to see your pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm glad you were able to regroup and enjoy Everest. You always have some nice shots!

Rain. Boo!!!
Thanks! I was pleased with the ride photos I took on this trip. I did feel much better for the rest of the afternoon.

Ah, the rain. Of course, everyone knows how prepared I am and afterall, I had grabbed my raincoat for the trip as I was on the way out the door at home. So what could go wrong???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I'm sorry the boys were so rude. I can't imagine NOT apologizing when confronted. I hope my kids know how to behave better than that....
Love the pics from Everest!!! Awesome!

Amanda
I would be absolutely appalled if I learned either of my sons had done something like that, and refused to take responsibility or apologize. I don't think I would have lost it if he had just said "Sorry"

Thanks! I can't believe how many pictures I took on the ride. Plus I had taken some earlier in the day. But for this ride my co-chaperone and I were in the front of the train, so we got great views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I am so impressed that you were able to get a photo of the Yeti on the ride!!! I have never been able to do so. That's a great view of the Swish (our name for the Swan/Fish aka Dolphin hotels) from the top of the ride!

It definitely looks like rain.
Well, it was just the movie Yeti. I haven't been able to catch disco Betti in a photo. I can barely even see her when we go by.

Swish! I love it! Much better than the Swalphin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love your EE pictures. The fact that it was cloudy out just added to how cool they looked. Almost looks like you were going into a storm.

Do you know that I actually have some EE pictures that I haven't edited yet? I just I better get moving.
Oh, I am so excited to see your Everest photos!!! Hope we see them before your trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
Great Everest pics! Love the views - some I've never noticed, like Epcot. I can't wait to check out these new discoveries. I feel like we never quite do AK right.
Thanks! Does anyone know if there are two different tracks for the ride or do all of the trains go the same route? Sometimes it feels different to me. I don't think I have seen the EPCOT area on all of the rides I have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Great Everest shots! I love the view from up there too, it's so cool being able to see all the big landmarks!
Thank you! The Tree of Life doesn't look so big from up there, does it???
Old 10-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #994
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Finally caught up after my trip......I need to put a memo out to everyone to stop posting while I am away as it takes 2 weeks to catch up.

I understand the crying...Sometimes something little will just set you off. There is a lot of stress at Disney too...and being a chaperon must make it pretty hard. I get that way with my family too. My son would've probably have done the same thing too, but I don't think he would've said he was sorry.
I hope the rest goes more smoothly.

Beautiful shots from Everest and from flame tree....which I have never eaten at either...nor this tamu place you speak of.....I never even heard of it.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #995
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Finally caught up after my trip......I need to put a memo out to everyone to stop posting while I am away as it takes 2 weeks to catch up.

I understand the crying...Sometimes something little will just set you off. There is a lot of stress at Disney too...and being a chaperon must make it pretty hard. I get that way with my family too. My son would've probably have done the same thing too, but I don't think he would've said he was sorry.
I hope the rest goes more smoothly.

Beautiful shots from Everest and from flame tree....which I have never eaten at either...nor this tamu place you speak of.....I never even heard of it.
I hear you! No worries on getting behind! I totally get it!

I can't wait to hear about your trip when you get a chance.

I was pleased with my son's comforting reaction. It made up for the rude boy!

Loved taking the pictures on Everest! You haven't been to Flame Tree? That's funny that you haven't heard from Tamu Tamu. So many people don't know it exist- I even nickname it the Restaurant that Guests Forgot (or Never Knew Was There)

It is in Africa on the corner of the paths that lead to Kilamanjaro Safari and the path to Asia. Kind of across the path from Tusker House.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #996
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Life Update

I don't want to spread sadness on everyone else's reports, but I do want to let you know that my mom passed away Tuesday morning.

She has been ill for several months, but has suffered for years. It is a relief to know she is no longer mentally or physically in pain. I pray that she has finally found the peace of mind she has wanted throughout her lifetime.

My heart and admiration go out to my dad for his devotion throughout the years. I am doing fine, and more importantly, he is too.

I'll catch up with everyone when I can!

Hugs!

Dee
Old 10-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #997
JoshMom5
Now residing in ONEderland!!
My birthday wish was for some color

Hugs Dee. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #998
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I don't want to spread sadness on everyone else's reports, but I do want to let you know that my mom passed away Tuesday morning.

She has been ill for several months, but has suffered for years. It is a relief to know she is no longer mentally or physically in pain. I pray that she has finally found the peace of mind she has wanted throughout her lifetime.

My heart and admiration go out to my dad for his devotion throughout the years. I am doing fine, and more importantly, he is too.

Hugs!

Dee
Dee,

I am so very sorry to hear about your mother's passing. As you said, you know that's she's finally at peace and not suffering any more. I will pray that you, your dad and your entire family find the strength to get through this tough time.

Many hugs to you!

Lisa

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #1000
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Oh Dee, I am so sorry for your loss, I also hope she is at peace. I'll be thinking of you and your family.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #1001
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
I hear you! No worries on getting behind! I totally get it!

I can't wait to hear about your trip when you get a chance.

I was pleased with my son's comforting reaction. It made up for the rude boy!

Loved taking the pictures on Everest! You haven't been to Flame Tree? That's funny that you haven't heard from Tamu Tamu. So many people don't know it exist- I even nickname it the Restaurant that Guests Forgot (or Never Knew Was There)

It is in Africa on the corner of the paths that lead to Kilamanjaro Safari and the path to Asia. Kind of across the path from Tusker House.
I did start my new TR...and forgive me, but I can't remember if you have popped over there or not. It's the gray link in my signature.

I might have to look for that place in Nov.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #1003
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hugs!

Dee
Dee, just wanted to repeat how sorry we were to hear about your mom. We've prayed for you over the past couple days, and our family sends your family a giant hug. It sounds like your dad is as strong as you are.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL and CBR
Old 10-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #1004
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Dee~

So sorry about your mom's passing. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 10-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #1005
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Hugs!

Dee
I am so sorry to hear this! I will be praying for you and your family.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: