Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #946
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
ddluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New England (1,300 miles from the mouse)
Posts: 3,141

That's awful!! I would have lost it too. Especially when he didn't have anything to say- he could care less.

A hug from Nate!!! Amazing. You must have been a mess!
No Finding Nemo takers... I wonder why. Lol I love that show. We haven't seen it in a few years.
__________________
Me DH DS16 DS12 Indiana
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #947
333disneymom
DIS Veteran
 
333disneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 688

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

It was really a shame that the incident happened. I was mostly pleased with the behaviour of all of the boys in our group, and up to this point I had told the other chaperones, and teachers, and administrators that but this put a damper on my outlook.

I gave Nate freedom during the trip, I treated the kids with respect and seriously, I ask for ONE thing...

You know, the thing that really bothered me was that the boy did not say he was sorry. Boys will be be boys, and what he did wasn't really meant to be disrespectful (I think), but when I told him that it upset me, I expected an apology.
No wonder you were in tears! I would have been really upset too, and at the very least, the boy could have apologized. I'm glad you did wind up with a decent picture in the end.
__________________
333disneymom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-29-2012, 01:53 AM   #948
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran
 
luvpoohandcompany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 1,398

Ach Dee I feel your pain and you really did do well keeping your cool for so long
I'm glad Nate gave you a hug (see he does love his mum). I think teenagers sometimes forget that they aren't the only ones whose hormones are on the rampage and that even us mums have feelings too! Doesnt do kids any harm to realise that their actions effect those around them so seeing you cry while not pleasant for you will have hopefully taught them something and maybe they will think twice in future.
I think I would have been more upset at the lack of an apology too. Bet you were counting down the days until home
luvpoohandcompany is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #949
pixarmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,176

Hi Dee! Just caught up on your report and I wanted to give you a hug too: Ugh. As for Flame Tree, it's one of our favorite CS (and you know how we feel about CS generally, so that means a lot!) I just love a good lake/Everest view. We've taken many photos at Flame Tree from those lakeside tables, and some think that's a real mountain in the background, given the way we zoomed and cropped! If you return, I highly recommend the pulled pork - I like that one.
__________________
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
pixarmom is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #950
teekathepony
DIS Veteran
 
teekathepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cape Breton, NS
Posts: 4,160

Hello! I followed you here from my TR!
I haven't read everything yet, so I still have to go back and update myself, but I did read your last post. I get that the photobombers weren't trying to be nasty, but they should have had more respect too. I'm sorry you had such a negative experience trying to get a picture with your son. I can imagine the stress of trying to chaperone so many teens, that straw would easily have broken the camel's back!
Off to read the rest!
teekathepony is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #951
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,032

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
That's awful!! I would have lost it too. Especially when he didn't have anything to say- he could care less.

A hug from Nate!!! Amazing. You must have been a mess!
No Finding Nemo takers... I wonder why. Lol I love that show. We haven't seen it in a few years.
I know, right!?! Nate actually giving me a hug, while his friends were in the vicinity, was a huge indication of how unsettling it was for him to see me cry.

I got more than one eye roll when I mentioned the Nemo show. But I thought if there was anyone who wanted to see it, I wouldn't mind taking them. I have only seen it once. My boys are not interested in shows while we are at the World.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
No wonder you were in tears! I would have been really upset too, and at the very least, the boy could have apologized. I'm glad you did wind up with a decent picture in the end.
I could not believe that when I gave him the opportunity to issue two simple words, he did not say "I'm sorry"


Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Ach Dee I feel your pain and you really did do well keeping your cool for so long
I'm glad Nate gave you a hug (see he does love his mum). I think teenagers sometimes forget that they aren't the only ones whose hormones are on the rampage and that even us mums have feelings too! Doesnt do kids any harm to realise that their actions effect those around them so seeing you cry while not pleasant for you will have hopefully taught them something and maybe they will think twice in future.
I think I would have been more upset at the lack of an apology too. Bet you were counting down the days until home
For a 5 day (3 park day) trip it was certainly a LONG one! I guess the bright side was that I didn't get the overwhelming feeling of sadness anticipating the end of this trip.

Fortunately, I don't think there were too many people there who knew I "lost it". Two chaperones and Nate were the only ones to the best of my knowledge. I don't think either photobomber saw me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Hi Dee! Just caught up on your report and I wanted to give you a hug too: Ugh. As for Flame Tree, it's one of our favorite CS (and you know how we feel about CS generally, so that means a lot!) I just love a good lake/Everest view. We've taken many photos at Flame Tree from those lakeside tables, and some think that's a real mountain in the background, given the way we zoomed and cropped! If you return, I highly recommend the pulled pork - I like that one.
Thanks for the hug!

Sounds like the pulled pork is the way to go! Do you have a review on the desserts? Can you stomach the key lime thing?

The view at the Flame Tree can't be beat!
natebenma is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #952
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,032

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Hello! I followed you here from my TR!
I haven't read everything yet, so I still have to go back and update myself, but I did read your last post. I get that the photobombers weren't trying to be nasty, but they should have had more respect too. I'm sorry you had such a negative experience trying to get a picture with your son. I can imagine the stress of trying to chaperone so many teens, that straw would easily have broken the camel's back!
Off to read the rest!
Wendy!!!

I'm so glad to have you join us here!

So, I see, you went right for the "good" part, first! I listed all of my chapters in advance, so everyone else has been anticipating reading about my breakdown for months.

I have to tell you that I have been singing "Under the Sea" for days, since reading the title of your trip report.
natebenma is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 09:54 PM   #953
JanetMom
DIS Veteran
 
JanetMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,399

I missed a few days, but just came back to get caught up.

Thanks for sharing all the pictures! Love getting the back story.

I can see why you were so upset. Sometimes things just go so far out of control they are overwhelming. I'd be most cranky with photobomber #1, because that looks like a great picture, without his contribution.
__________________
Janet





Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR Ė with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
JanetMom is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #954
AnjieNet
DIS Veteran
 
AnjieNet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mizzou-rah!
Posts: 1,022

Urgh. Boys. If I was his mama I'd be terribly embarrassed if I found out my boy didn't even bother to apologize. That's even more rude than his actions by messing with your photo.

How did I not notice that FB's adventures were posting?!? We can't wait to meet him. Off to read about what he's been up to so far.
__________________
AnjieNet is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 06:06 AM   #955
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,032

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
I missed a few days, but just came back to get caught up.

Thanks for sharing all the pictures! Love getting the back story.

I can see why you were so upset. Sometimes things just go so far out of control they are overwhelming. I'd be most cranky with photobomber #1, because that looks like a great picture, without his contribution.
Glad to have you back!

I can't tell you how much the comments you posted at the beginning of the report cracked me up! I'm thinking... she hit the nail on the head analyzing the expressions on both of our faces.
I couldn't wait to repost what you and Robyn said after I told the story. Of course, I had to wait 3 months!

Yes, #1 was the one who pushed me over the edge:

He was there when told Nate I wanted the picture
He photobombed anyway
And he didn't apologize


Quote:
Originally Posted by AnjieNet View Post
Urgh. Boys. If I was his mama I'd be terribly embarrassed if I found out my boy didn't even bother to apologize. That's even more rude than his actions by messing with your photo.

How did I not notice that FB's adventures were posting?!? We can't wait to meet him. Off to read about what he's been up to so far.
Speaking of parents... I am heistant to mention this, but the boy's dad was there. I debated (a lot) about whether to say something to him, but I was afraid that he would tell me that I was overreacting and what his boy had done was not that bad. I didn't need that!

Oh, gosh! I figured you had seen the plans for FB's trip report(s). Glad you found it. You can let me know your comfort level for posting pictures and names of your family.



For anyone else who has missed it, my "son" Flat Ben has a trip report about the adventures he is sharing with other families on their trips to the World and the Dark Side. There is a (small) link in my signature, but if you need a road map:

The Amazing Adventures of Flat Ben and Friends

.
natebenma is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #956
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
ddluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New England (1,300 miles from the mouse)
Posts: 3,141

Hi Dee just wanted to let you know I have been planning my trip for April!!! Remember when nobody wanted to go next yr.?? Well I said what if we stayed at the Hard Rock and did mostly Uni/IOA and 1 day of Disney for me?? They bought it!!! Woohoo I am so psyched!
I get to make my 1 ADR in 2 weeks.
Sorry just had to share my good news!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Me DH DS16 DS12 Indiana
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #957
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,032

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Hi Dee just wanted to let you know I have been planning my trip for April!!! Remember when nobody wanted to go next yr.?? Well I said what if we stayed at the Hard Rock and did mostly Uni/IOA and 1 day of Disney for me?? They bought it!!! Woohoo I am so psyched!
I get to make my 1 ADR in 2 weeks.
Sorry just had to share my good news!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards


That trip sounds familiar! I wish we had stayed at the Hard Rock during our US/IoA trip. Our one day was MK. What will yours be? And what is your one ADR??? (Ours was Kona)
natebenma is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #958
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
ddluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New England (1,300 miles from the mouse)
Posts: 3,141

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma



That trip sounds familiar! I wish we had stayed at the Hard Rock during our US/IoA trip. Our one day was MK. What will yours be? And what is your one ADR??? (Ours was Kona)
We are lucky that we have a park hopper day left on a ticket from a few years ago. DS11 was sick one day and we didn't go to the parks. So we'll be able to do more than one park. I thought we could try doing all 4 but DH isn't into that he already said we'll skip AK. I said really??? Skip Everest??? It's his favorite.
I realized I'll probably make a couple ADRs 1 for the 1 park day at Be Our Guest and maybe 1 or 2 more. We'll have a car so we can do some of our favorite resort restaurants. Probably Narcoossees or Cali Grill to watch Wishes.
Just waiting for the flights now. If they are to much we're gonna go in July instead.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Me DH DS16 DS12 Indiana
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #959
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,032

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
We are lucky that we have a park hopper day left on a ticket from a few years ago. DS11 was sick one day and we didn't go to the parks. So we'll be able to do more than one park. I thought we could try doing all 4 but DH isn't into that he already said we'll skip AK. I said really??? Skip Everest??? It's his favorite.
I realized I'll probably make a couple ADRs 1 for the 1 park day at Be Our Guest and maybe 1 or 2 more. We'll have a car so we can do some of our favorite resort restaurants. Probably Narcoossees or Cali Grill to watch Wishes.
Just waiting for the flights now. If they are to much we're gonna go in July instead.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Lucky that you have those tickets (non-expire, or pre-hopper?) We purchased one day tickets for the 4 of us last summer. YIKES!!!

July is nice! I hope that we will be returning to Florida in July- Disney and Universal- but DH is not on board yet. C'mon discounts!
natebenma is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #960
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,032

Dinoland,USA Photos

My past two posts- about lunch at the Flame Tree and being the victim of photobombers- were somewhat of a bummer. In an attempt to put a more positive spin on this report, Iíll post some of the pictures I took in Dinoland USA just before, and during, my breakdown. Yes, I was snapping pictures as I was sobbing away behind a pole.

The confrontation with PB1 took place in this dinosaur gift shop:











One of the CMs there must have noticed that I looked pretty agitated. He came over to me and said "You know thereís a Hidden Mickey in here, right?" And he pointed to it up in the corner, on the wall to the right of the exit door to Primeval Whirl.

Do you see it?





Since I didnít want anyone to see me crying, I took this series of pictures of Triceratops Spin, so that my back would be turned to the crowd:













Just after Nate and I took the two pictures together, he and a few friends rode PW. I took pictures of the ride as we waited for them. These are not people from our group.



















When the boys had finished on PW, it was time to cross back into Asia.


Next up: Yeti, Yet Again

Last edited by natebenma; 10-03-2012 at 08:08 AM.
natebenma is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: