Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 05:24 AM   #901
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
I have to say this would have really annoyed me! What was the point in2 adults waiting for 3 kids He could have at least offered to try and send the other chaperone back and then you might have got to ride

It was very kind of you to use your disney rewards to buy a snack for Q
I understood why- they both wanted to be with their sons- but it certainly wasn't behaviour that benefitted the greater good!

I only had a small rewards bonus built up, around $60 or $70. I used it to buy a couple of refill mugs, a few souvenirs and a couple of drinks for the kids and the snack for Q during the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Uh Oh - a flare up at Flame tree? That does NOT sound good.

Bummer for not getting to ride Kali with your water proof camera. I would be a little upset about that because its such a great opportunity to get some different pictures.

Still, I love the pics you did take.
It was a small flare-up, but I think we had all been spending too much time together and everyone was getting tired.

A quote from one of the kids (not in our group) after the trip: "If the trip had been one more day, friendships would have ended"

I really hate not having Kali pictures to post, so what is a DISser to do?

I'll post some bonus pictures from past trips.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:35 AM   #902
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Bonus Pictures from Previous Trips- Kali River Rapids

The update from this year's trip appears a few posts before this one, Post 896.

From 2010:

When we arrived, about 10:30 at this point, Kali River Rapids had JUST opened up, we had about a 15 minute wait to ride.

Don't forget your Ziploc Big Bag

Ben got VERY wet!

From 2009:

Before

After

Last edited by natebenma; 09-19-2012 at 06:22 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 05:37 AM   #903
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Sorry you didn't get to ride KRR and get any photos. That was silly for two people to wait for the boys.

I need to get a waterproof camera...probably shouldn't use my Iphone on KRR.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
Old 09-19-2012, 09:10 AM   #904
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

That would have been frustrating to me as well. I wonder if some folks, b/c they were chaperoning, just assumed they wouldn't be riding much or didn't want to and really didn't even consider that other adults might want to.

Sounds like a couple of paranoid dad's if you ask me but I guess since it was a school trip, you couldn't just leave the teens to ride and make their way to Kali on their own could you.

Still, you've got some pretty pictures!
Old 09-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #905
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

That stinks!!! Why would 2 people have to wait!!??? That would really annoy me that I couldn't do a ride I wanted.
Like the before and after pics of KRR. I got so soaked one year that I wanted to go back and change. I didn't wanna go on the following year.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 09-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #906
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Sounds like Q had his own personal 'rone' for balance of trip! With a gift card none the less. Oh the humanity.

For the non-Baggie masses. There are now lockers located at the entrance o KRR.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/...ry-lockers.htm

Old 09-20-2012, 06:43 AM   #907
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Sorry you didn't get to ride KRR and get any photos. That was silly for two people to wait for the boys.

I need to get a waterproof camera...probably shouldn't use my Iphone on KRR.
I my waterproof camera(s). I think I have been exclusively using one since 2008. I'm pretty satisfied with the regular pictures I get from the camera. The only problem is that the cameras are subject to leaks, so I have had to replace 3 cameras since Feb 2010. I always need to be sure I have a backup just in case...

You can get an entry level Olympus waterproof for around $100-$150. There is also a Kodak sports line, but I don't know much about the cameras.

Most important piece of advice- get a floating strap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
That would have been frustrating to me as well. I wonder if some folks, b/c they were chaperoning, just assumed they wouldn't be riding much or didn't want to and really didn't even consider that other adults might want to.

Sounds like a couple of paranoid dad's if you ask me but I guess since it was a school trip, you couldn't just leave the teens to ride and make their way to Kali on their own could you.

Still, you've got some pretty pictures!
The closer we got to the end of the trip, the more the other chaperones on the trip zoned out on caring what the group wanted and were more concerned with making sure they were spending time doing what their child wanted.

Maybe my attitude is tinged with a bit of jealousy that some of the kids wanted to spend time with their parent, but that meant I ended up picking up some of the slack with the other students.

And of course, I heard a lot of "The important thing is for the kids to have fun", so was I being selfish to want to enjoy myself? In this case I don't think so, because I think I could have gone on KRR without depriving or inconveniencing another parent or any of the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
That stinks!!! Why would 2 people have to wait!!??? That would really annoy me that I couldn't do a ride I wanted.
Like the before and after pics of KRR. I got so soaked one year that I wanted to go back and change. I didn't wanna go on the following year.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
The sad thing is, I really like KRR, but my DH isn't thrilled about getting soaked, so I figured this would be an opportunity to ride without worrying about making him uncomfortable, since he wasn't there.

I didn't see anyone in our group who got soaked on this ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Sounds like Q had his own personal 'rone' for balance of trip! With a gift card none the less. Oh the humanity.

For the non-Baggie masses. There are now lockers located at the entrance o KRR.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/...ry-lockers.htm
Mike- thanks so much for posting that about the lockers!!! I had not seen the news posting.

I have been so busy since the start of school activities- parent group, flag football, play practice etc. that I am barely keeping up with the BC/YC board!

The funny thing is, Q was not even the most difficult kid to chaperone. And I'm not talking behavior. There was one boy who needed a 1:1 and there were two of us who kind of shared that duty for the trip. It's complicated!

Old 09-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #908
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Sorry you missed out on KRR this trip!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 09-22-2012, 02:13 AM   #909
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi Dee! I think I'm caught back up. Heck, those 2 dads awaiting 3 kids sure messed up the chaperone to student ratio when they decided to await their own kids... doesn't make much sense.

Thanks for sharing your KRR photos of days gone by! You are so clever to put your shoes & socks in a big zip-lock bag.

You've got the hook out for your next post with the Flame Tree happenings!
Old 09-22-2012, 04:50 AM   #910
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Sorry you missed out on KRR this trip!
Me too!

It was even worse when I saw that nobody got drenched- being wet and uncomfortable is the only downside to KRR and that was avoided by our group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi Dee! I think I'm caught back up. Heck, those 2 dads awaiting 3 kids sure messed up the chaperone to student ratio when they decided to await their own kids... doesn't make much sense.

Thanks for sharing your KRR photos of days gone by! You are so clever to put your shoes & socks in a big zip-lock bag.

You've got the hook out for your next post with the Flame Tree happenings!
The third kid in the group on EE was mine. Maybe I should have waited too?

You want a hook? The Flame Tree contains a minor flare up, but the real drama occurs in the post after that "A Teen Reduces Me to Tears"

Stay tuned!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #911
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
The third kid in the group on EE was mine. Maybe I should have waited too?

You want a hook? The Flame Tree contains a minor flare up, but the real drama occurs in the post after that "A Teen Reduces Me to Tears"

Stay tuned!
I would have loved to have seen the other parent's reactions if you'd suggested waiting for your kid too Might have been worth it just to see how they solved that problem!

Kinda looking forward to your next update even though I dread to think what caused the tears. I think you've been a real trooper so far so I'm thinking it must have been pretty big (or was it a culimination of all the small things)?
Old 09-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #912
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

I had fun on Kali with my waterproof camera in August!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 09-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #913
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
I would have loved to have seen the other parent's reactions if you'd suggested waiting for your kid too Might have been worth it just to see how they solved that problem!

Kinda looking forward to your next update even though I dread to think what caused the tears. I think you've been a real trooper so far so I'm thinking it must have been pretty big (or was it a culimination of all the small things)?
Well, you have one more update to read before I get there- I plan on posting that tomorrow morning. The other one is written, so I'll post that sometime next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I had fun on Kali with my waterproof camera in August!

Amanda
can't wait to see the pictures!

BTW- I told you you would have no problem staying dry on Kali, right???
Old 09-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #914
Pastina Noodle
Earning My Ears

I hope you don't mind if I pop in and say how much I am enjoying your reports. Now that things have settled down at Storm Along Bay I feel like I have the time to figure out this New fangled phone and finally keep up with the comings and goings of all the folks that love the Beach and Yacht Clubs. Hopefully the rest of the gang and I will be seeing you and your boys back at the Beach Club soon.
Love, Pastina Noodle, Polyethylene CM at Storm Along Bay
Old 09-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #915
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastina Noodle View Post
I hope you don't mind if I pop in and say how much I am enjoying your reports. Now that things have settled down at Storm Along Bay I feel like I have the time to figure out this New fangled phone and finally keep up with the comings and goings of all the folks that love the Beach and Yacht Clubs. Hopefully the rest of the gang and I will be seeing you and your boys back at the Beach Club soon.
Love, Pastina Noodle, Polyethylene CM at Storm Along Bay

Glad to have you along. I can understand how you could be having difficulty with the phone.

I would love for my family to come and visit yours sometime soon at my favorite hangout!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: