Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #826
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Best.Safari.EVER! Part II

Continued from Previous Post:

Pride Rock- Will we see any lions???

YES!!!

New Zebra Area- Coming Soon

We’re Back!

Next up: Pangani Trail

Last edited by natebenma; 09-03-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #827
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Wow! I've never seen 3 lions out! Great shots you got!

By the way... I can't see the first few pictures you posted. They say they were moved or deleted.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #828
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Dee - great pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy

By the way... I can't see the first few pictures you posted. They say they were moved or deleted.
The lions are always hiding when we ride the safari. Can't see the first few pics either.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #830
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

I was SOOOOO excited to see all 3 lions. We have always gone on the first safari of the day. MHTeacher went on the last safari of the day and I believe she has a picture of all 3 lions, with the male STANDING!!!

I really wanted to get this new update posted, but I am having a devil of a time with Photobucket today! It is really slow! So I keep trying to correct those few photos at the start. I hope to get that cleared up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
Dee - great pics!

The lions are always hiding when we ride the safari. Can't see the first few pics either.
Thanks!

When do you typically go on the safari ride?

Working on those pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
great lion shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't see the first few either.

How much of a jeep does 20 take up? Curious if you all got on the same jeep or not.
The lion picture is definitely my favorite from the safari and one of my favorites overall on the trip.

We filled up the back half of the jeep. I think the jeeps probably seat between 40-60 overall.

Last edited by natebenma; 09-03-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #831
MEK
DIS Veteran

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW! I love your safari pictures! We're talking Safari pay dirt! I am so impressed! And three lions? I didn't even know there WERE three lions. I have never even photographed one. I must always hit the safari at the wrong time. Strong work!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #832
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

You got some really great pictures Dee. Love how close the animals appear and how totally oblivious they seem to everyone travelling throught their neighbourhood I love that safari!
Old 09-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #833
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

I was worried that you would be finished with your TR by the time I got back on here. Love the Safari pics and I am so jealous of your pics of the Cheetahs and the Lions. All those trips on the safari and I still don't have those.

Oh, and having to explain to the other parent how the FP and tickets work was making me mad. Makes me want to say "And how many times have you or your friend been here?"

And I had to about the phone call in the middle of the night. I've been there, woke up the next day wondering if it really happened or I dreamed it.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
Old 09-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #834
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

We have never seen 3 lions at one time!!!! Only 1
Great pics. We also do the safari first thing in the morning.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 09-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #836
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

When do you typically go on the safari ride?
We have gone as early as 10 a.m. and as late as 3 p.m. But every time we go, it's always HOT. Maybe this December will be our best bet? I'll keep you posted.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #838
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW! I love your safari pictures! We're talking Safari pay dirt! I am so impressed! And three lions? I didn't even know there WERE three lions. I have never even photographed one. I must always hit the safari at the wrong time. Strong work!
Thank you so much! I was really happy with the pictures I took and I really appreciate your comments.

I could not believe that we spotted all those animals! And especially the lions. They are always hit or miss, but mostly miss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
You got some really great pictures Dee. Love how close the animals appear and how totally oblivious they seem to everyone travelling throught their neighbourhood I love that safari!
Loving the zoom on my Lumix camera. Plug, Plug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
I was worried that you would be finished with your TR by the time I got back on here. Love the Safari pics and I am so jealous of your pics of the Cheetahs and the Lions. All those trips on the safari and I still don't have those.

Oh, and having to explain to the other parent how the FP and tickets work was making me mad. Makes me want to say "And how many times have you or your friend been here?"

And I had to about the phone call in the middle of the night. I've been there, woke up the next day wondering if it really happened or I dreamed it.
Still a few more updates to go.

The cheetahs are especially tough because they are usually way back in the woods and well camoflagued. The zoom came in really handy for these pictures!

I had a couple of moments where I was trying to explain something (to this same chaperone) and he just wasn't listening. The "discussion" about the buses comes later this evening.

I didn't win any awards for alertness the night I got that phone call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
We have never seen 3 lions at one time!!!! Only 1
Great pics. We also do the safari first thing in the morning.
I'm thinking now that we may have had such great views of the animals due to the weather. It had rained that morning, so it was a bit on the cool side. Probably the coolest I have ever been on a visit to Animal Kingdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Great safari!!!! I can't wait to see the zebra area!
The zebra area should be really nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
We have gone as early as 10 a.m. and as late as 3 p.m. But every time we go, it's always HOT. Maybe this December will be our best bet? I'll keep you posted.
Yes, I think the temperature more than the time of day really impacts whether the animals are out and about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Early is magical for animals. Magical!
Oh, did someone recently have an awesome magical surprise safari in the morning?
Old 09-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #839
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Wow Dee, those safari pictures are GOR-GEOUS!!! The elephant pics and the lion pics are just amazing!

The new camera is clearly working out well.

Did the boys like the safari? I feel like it can be a hit or miss attraction for teens.

Can't wait to see the trail (I've never done any of the trails, they look fun though!).
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 09-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #840
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Wow Dee, those safari pictures are GOR-GEOUS!!! The elephant pics and the lion pics are just amazing!

The new camera is clearly working out well.

Did the boys like the safari? I feel like it can be a hit or miss attraction for teens.

Can't wait to see the trail (I've never done any of the trails, they look fun though!).
Thank you so much! I was really really happy with pictures from the safari.

So yes, the new camera is working out, but now every time I go to Sam's Club I start drooling over a big girl camera package they have there. But I'm not sure I am ready to move away from my point & shoot and I definitely am not ready to give up my camera's waterproof feature.

Good question about whether the boys liked the safari. I DON'T KNOW!!! I'm guessing yes, because we really got some spectacular views of the animals, but I really wasn't supposed to be TALKING to any of the kids and I definitely was verbotten from communicating with Nate.

What, you haven't seen Lion King OR walked the trails? Have you been on the secret trail that takes you close to the tree of life?

We did the Pangani trail on this trip but not the Maharajah trail in Asia. I like that one a lot more- Komodo Dragons and Tigers and Fruit Bats, Oh My!

Last edited by natebenma; 09-04-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: