Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #751
AnjieNet
DIS Veteran

Fireworks! So pretty. Had to laugh at the shower comment. A friend of mine has a son that went to a sleep away camp for the first time this year for 5 days. His bar of soap was unopened in his footlocker when Mom unpacked it. Ewww. So hoping there was community soap out there somewhere!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #752
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Oh Dee sometimes you cheer me right up Love the discussion on personal hygiene (seriously hope that teen didn't arrive at the pool with a bar of soap)
Love the fireworks pics and I'm glad the grumpy goat of a woman has disappeared
Cant wait for more!
I'm so glad I could add a smile to your day! I imagine the post-Disney blues are setting in!

The bus discussion cracked me up! Especially Q's reaction. He totally didn't mind.

I was glad that we were able to see the fireworks and there was one boy in particular who really wanted to see some, so I was happy for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnjieNet View Post
Fireworks! So pretty. Had to laugh at the shower comment. A friend of mine has a son that went to a sleep away camp for the first time this year for 5 days. His bar of soap was unopened in his footlocker when Mom unpacked it. Ewww. So hoping there was community soap out there somewhere!
Yikes!!!

Too funny about your friend's son. But only because I know I don't have to worry about my teenager. I knew he would be showering regularly on the trip.

I enjoyed the "bonus" fireworks.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #753
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Too funny! I'm cracking up at the non bathing stories. I'm trying to remember---your trip was in May/June....right? Uhm....Pretty warm outside...Yuck!

Glad Ms. Grouchy-Pants wasn't at the bus stop, so you could take all the pictures you wanted!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 08-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #754
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Yay for seeing Wishes!!! Well at a little of it. That story about that boy not showering was making me think about DS15's trip. He told me showered everyday (god I hope so!!) I do think the shampoo and soap were used up. Phew! Because I do need to remind him to shower especially in the summer!! ( I guess it's because it's so unstructured.

Just a little update on the job situation- got 2 rejections in the past week. Still waiting to hear from interviews I had last wk and yesterday. I just applied to 2 more yesterday and today. So I guess not all hope is lost. I hope I get a call for an interview very soon!! Since school starts on the 6th!!!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 08-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #755
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Too funny! I'm cracking up at the non bathing stories. I'm trying to remember---your trip was in May/June....right? Uhm....Pretty warm outside...Yuck!

Glad Ms. Grouchy-Pants wasn't at the bus stop, so you could take all the pictures you wanted!
Yes, the trip was at the beginning of June. Not a good time to ignore bathing routines after being out in the heat all day long.

I enjoyed the unexpected view of the fireworks and I was glad I could take pictures without being criticized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Yay for seeing Wishes!!! Well at a little of it. That story about that boy not showering was making me think about DS15's trip. He told me showered everyday (god I hope so!!) I do think the shampoo and soap were used up. Phew! Because I do need to remind him to shower especially in the summer!! ( I guess it's because it's so unstructured.

Just a little update on the job situation- got 2 rejections in the past week. Still waiting to hear from interviews I had last wk and yesterday. I just applied to 2 more yesterday and today. So I guess not all hope is lost. I hope I get a call for an interview very soon!! Since school starts on the 6th!!!
OOPS- didn't mean to put the scare into parents who don't accompany their boys to overnight trips.

Sorry to hear about the news on the job front. I'm really hoping all your hard work applying and interviewing will pay off soon.

Wow, I thought we started late on Sept 4. Do you get a Feb and April break in your district?
Old 08-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #756
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=natebenma;45914415

OOPS- didn't mean to put the scare into parents who don't accompany their boys to overnight trips.

Sorry to hear about the news on the job front. I'm really hoping all your hard work applying and interviewing will pay off soon.

Wow, I thought we started late on Sept 4. Do you get a Feb and April break in your district?[/QUOTE]

Most of the districts around here go back between the 4th and 6th. Sometimes like with my kids, teachers go back for 2 days then kids.
We do get Feb. and April vaca.-thank God for that!!!

I'm trying to stay optimistic about the job!! At least I've had some interviews. There's nothing worse than not even getting a chance to be interviewed.

BTW I look forward to reading your updates while having my breakfast each morning!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 08-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #757
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

Showering - when I was a youngster (over 55 years ago) I had a pair of slacks and a striped polo shirt that I thought was the bees knees. I would come home from school every day and change out of my prissy dress (all girls wore dresses or skirts) and change into my "real" clothes. I never knew that my mom would wash them every other day because she would return them to where she found them. She used to have to fight with me to take baths as "I wasn't dirty". Now I assure you, climbing trees and defending forts does get one dirty. She reminds me of that now when I tell her we can't go somewhere until I get my shower.

Job front news - we just had two teachers resign because they got a better paying job and summers off (I'm the administrator in a residential private school). We don't start until the 4th. We were able to fill both positions with people we had interviewed for other positions. So even though it's almost Sept, I am keeping my fingers crossed you might hear good news shortly. Penny
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #758
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscent View Post
Showering - when I was a youngster (over 55 years ago) I had a pair of slacks and a striped polo shirt that I thought was the bees knees. I would come home from school every day and change out of my prissy dress (all girls wore dresses or skirts) and change into my "real" clothes. I never knew that my mom would wash them every other day because she would return them to where she found them. She used to have to fight with me to take baths as "I wasn't dirty". Now I assure you, climbing trees and defending forts does get one dirty. She reminds me of that now when I tell her we can't go somewhere until I get my shower.

Job front news - we just had two teachers resign because they got a better paying job and summers off (I'm the administrator in a residential private school). We don't start until the 4th. We were able to fill both positions with people we had interviewed for other positions. So even though it's almost Sept, I am keeping my fingers crossed you might hear good news shortly. Penny

Thanks I'm hoping that's the case for me too!!
Old 08-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #759
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Sorry for the radio silence yesterday folks! Having some connectivity issues, I think my wireless router is dying! My DH was able to give it CPR or some such thing (it is best that I don't watch when this happens), but it continues to go out unexpectedly.

Quote:
Most of the districts around here go back between the 4th and 6th. Sometimes like with my kids, teachers go back for 2 days then kids.
We do get Feb. and April vaca.-thank God for that!!!

I'm trying to stay optimistic about the job!! At least I've had some interviews. There's nothing worse than not even getting a chance to be interviewed.

BTW I look forward to reading your updates while having my breakfast each morning!
Thanks for the nice words. Hopefully I'll get the next update before your breakfast and before I lose my connection again!!!

Continuing to send positive thoughts you way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscent View Post

Too funny!

I was a tomboy myself. My mom made me wear dresses to school, too (ICK) except for days when we had gym. We had gym every other Tuesday. I told her it was EVERY Tuesday. HA!!!

Still thinking of sending along Flat Ben for the PIN meet, if it is not too late!!! I could either send it to you, or have him at the Beach Club front desk. I'll email you over the weekend to see if this will still work!!!

Quote:
Thanks I'm hoping that's the case for me too!!
Me, too!
Old 08-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #760
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Up to this point many of you have been surprised and disappointed about some of the decisions (mistakes) I have made on this trip. I’m looking at YOU, Janet!

But here is the opportunity for the rest of you to lose all respect for me…

I now present: Bad, Bad Chaperone

When I got into bed, I texted my husband about our day- the time stamp was exactly midnight. I knew he wouldn’t see that text for hours, but I hadn’t really touched base with him since the afternoon. I was so tired that I actually fell asleep holding my phone.

“Ring!”

“Ring!”

The room phone rang. My roommate picked up the receiver and held it out.

“It’s for you. ”

“’Lo?”

“This is Q*. I threw up”

“Call housekeeping”

“I did”

“Call the nurse”

“OK”

Click.

I hung up on him!

And fell immediately asleep again. It didn’t occur to me until I woke up the next morning that I had no idea if the students actually knew the room number for the nurse. Once the kids had the magnets put up on their door, they were not supposed to leave the room, but this was a valid reason for him to go out. Did he know that?

The next morning, I found him and apologized profusely! He says he had eaten some of the fudge purchased that night at the MK and he thinks that is why he got sick. He was fine. I was an embarrassed wreck!

Bad, Bad Chaperone!

* yes, the same Q who flipped off the Buzz camera and doesn’t take showers

Next up: Wild Kingdom, and then we got to the park

Old 08-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #761
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
[COLOR="Black"]* yes, the same Q who flipped off the Buzz camera and doesn’t take showers

Yes - I have completely lost all respect for you. Seriously, you must have felt so terrible. I know what its like to be in that "drifting off to sleep" state. It's the absolute worst time to be interrupted.

Glad Q was OK, but he is started to sound a little bit like a strange child. Just sayin.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #762
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

Flat Ben is most certainly invited to the pin meet. My DH will be glad to meet him. He will also (if Ben wants to go) take him snake & spider hunting as one of his days he is heading out to find some wild life preserve to look for icky critters. We have 4 tarantulas in our basement bathroom (a room I don't use). We will hit all the rides but he will have to be content to ride on old lady rides. I do however love Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story Mania. Does he collect any special pins so we can be proactive in our pin trading . Seriously, I will pm you my home address. We leave next Saturday. We are staying off property Saturday night but will arrive at the BCV on Sunday (bright & early). I can leave him at a designated spot so he gets to travel with others after we leave.
Penny

btw - tomboy is a bit of an understatement for me. I had more bumps and bruises from doing things no "girl" would do. I even had a few fights with boys (and I won) Penny
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #763
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Thank you for that coffee spewing moment Dee!

Aww, poor Q. One does wonder about some attention getting behavior..... Clearly your roomate must have been out of it as well, the words "call housekeeping" and "call the nurse" didn't register with them either.

One would hope in middle school he could figure out the room number. It is on the phone, and the door!

Did he call the nurse?

I know that out of it feeling, I swear kids have radar and know you are in that state and THEN get sick.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #764
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

oMG that really made me laugh!! Shame on you! Poor kid. All the kids should have had the nurse's # in case of an emergency.

I got 2 calls today for 2 more interviews next week!!!
I am so excited!!!!!!

I couldn't read your update during b-fast this morning b/c DS11's friend got dropped off at 8 so his mom could get to work. He was going to the beach with us. It was a GREAT day.... The beach AND interviews! Yay!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #765
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Funny!-Not the kid throwing up, but you just practically hanging up on him!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: